Golden Valley Health Centers Employee Reviews

No African Americans employees
Wouldnt want to work there (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 3, 2017
Why don't any African Americans work for this company in Modesto CA All I see is Hispanics but they do have a African American security guard
Cons
No African American Employees
Taking care of patients and employees
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Great company to work at, with benefits, fun, good ethics, always trying to improve our patients health by providing great customer service and health needs.
Pros
we always get our 40 hours per week
Friendly staff
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Staff is wonderful and friendly. Very professional.
I would recommend this place to anyone who wants gain experience as a medical assistant. There's room to grow with this organization.
Pros
Flexible with working around school schedules
Cons
No coverage for breaks
Great company
Medical Assistant/Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Merced, CADecember 15, 2016
The staff is very nice and work as a team. A lot of trainings, Good and flexible hours and good benefits. Some travel to other clinics.
Pros
Frequent trainings
Bottomline for this company is numbers.
healthcare provider (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAJuly 6, 2016
All they care about is numbers. Several caring compassionate doctors fled after new management pressured for unrealistic goals.
Managers are incentivized and control the doctors and staff.
Not much of a future here
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 9, 2016
The company doesn't invest in its employees. It's just a job. Lots of incompetent people working here. Co-workers are nice. Management does not engage with the rest of the employees. I never see them. There are no goals or objectives.
Pros
healthcare plan is a PPO
Cons
retirement plan, salary, communication, lack of career path
Poor Management
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 13, 2016
Full of drama and poor management who are in way over their heads. Much too concerned about bonuses than patient care.And if you plan on pumping dont expect to be treated fairly.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
Unprofessional managers
Love my job
Assisting doctors (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 21, 2016
I am currently employed with gvhc. This company has been the best I have worked for. It truly feels like a family and the culture is amazing. The potential for advancement is there you just have to work hard and be patient. Everyone from a medical assistant to a manager has the potential to achieve their goals at gvhc.
Good environment with great Doctors
Internship (Former Employee) –  1510 Florida Ave, Modesto, CA 95358October 27, 2015
I did most of my Internship with Diabetic Specialist, MD Gangupantula Gopika. Where learned to do vitals, charting, glucose reading, and setting up appointments. I also assisted with a Physician Assist, David Boone in few producers such as Pap Smear cultural test, and vitals.
Pros
Great Providers and employees they were all friendly.
Cons
As I was only an intern I was limited to work.
fast pace, great coworkers and amazing patients
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 12, 2015
I love working at Golden Valley Health Centers. I have been there almost 8 years. I would to branch out and learn new skills. I enjoy meeting new people and new challenges.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
short staff
Productive, positive attitude
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 14, 2015
This was a volunteer work. What I enjoyed the most was grading test papers because I got to see how an A's person performed compare to a non-A person. Whenever my supervisor was not at her desk, I usually picked up the calls for her.
Pros
Free skills, clean environment
Cons
No Cons
Provided great opportunities for upward movement with the organization
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CaMay 1, 2015
I am very grateful to have worked for an organization that believed I was capable and competent of transitioning into multiple leadership roles throughout the years I was employed.
Golden Valley
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 29, 2015
Greet patients, answer and schedule appointments. Room patients, vitals, assist in minor procedures, testing. Great place to learn different skills since it has more than one clinical setting/specialties. Being fired due family matters that should have falling under FMLA guidelines. Working with different doctors and patients.
Pros
pay and room for advancement
Cons
poor supervior and management.
Enjoyed working for this company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at work in Golden Valley Health Center was amazing, I really enjoyed going to work every day. I have nothing bad to say about this non profit organization. I learned many things that I can implement in any job title. Working there for four years I had the chance to work in Nurse Practitioners, OB//GYN, Pediatric, Pain management serves, Internal medicine.
Promotes healthy work/family balance
HIT Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Merced, CADecember 28, 2014
Company believes in fun in the workplace with holidays being celebrated with potlucks and posting of pictures on the intranet of fun costumes or favorite team jerseys. Co-workers are respectful, cooperative and made coming into their workplace as an outsider very pleasant. I would recommend GVHC (Golden Valley Health Centers to anyone looking for a career in Health IT, Medical Professional or clerical.
Pros
GVHC looks out for the under served in their community with dignity and respect.
billing department
Lead Patient Accounts Collector (Former Employee) –  merced caOctober 28, 2014
the billing department up to two years ago was an excellent place to work, you could grow and apply your abilities with management that allowed growth and are compassionate to family values.
Now with management that has no family values and provides a hostile work environment, with no growth available.
Cons
health care
Fastpase work eniviorment, with a commitment always of taking care of our patient's.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Turlock, Ca 95380June 20, 2014
I love the fact that I am able to serve the community of Turlock, To be given the opportunity of a great position to be able to serve the people that are in need of continuity of care. Most of all to encourage patient's and give them as much information about there diagnosis. As a team we care, appreciate our patients and we try to empower them to get involved in their care and to be able to teach their family members to take care of their health. We ask questions before they leave the office to make sure that all of their questions were answered. We have the ability to help people's lives by communicating and having a relationship with our patient's.
Pros
Great atmosphere
good busy job expeience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 26, 2014
Very busy with great patient repor. with unfortunately poorly management with great unfairness and discrimination along with harassment.
Pros
great doctors and patience
Cons
poor management
productive fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merced, CADecember 14, 2013
I recommend new MA's to start here there is a lot of experience and great patients. The Providers are always willing to teach as long as you are willing to learn.
HR Difficulties
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 10, 2013
This company has many inconsistencies and contradictions within their implementation of HR policies and procedures. Outside of HR, the organization has a great vision for what is needed for them to contribute support to the community. They pay really well, however it was extremely challenging working with members of the founding family of the organization. One in particular has an overwhelming external sense of entitlement, and is completely insensitive to anyone that is not in upper management, or to anyone that she sees as below her. In addition, after the retirement of their CEO, the company has struggled to redefine it's identity.
Pros
Teatment of Management
Cons
Long waits for patients, inner office bickering, lack of direction, ineffective HR department, Over zelous union reps.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Valley Health Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Golden Valley Health Centers Reviews by Location