Golden Valley Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Very busy, but efficient.
NA (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOMay 25, 2017
In this hospital, there are a lot of amazing people but a lot of them are extremely rude to people who come in to observe if they don't know them. Patient care is pretty excellent.
May 30, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We are happy to hear that you feel that that the people are amazing and that patient care is excellent, as we do strive for the best experience for our patients and their continued care. Regarding observation, is this something you have seen other employees do or were you observing an employee of our organization? Either way it is not something that we expect from our employees and definitely something that we will be looking into. GVMH does offer the opportunity for students and members of the community to job shadow and/or observe employees to learn more about the various careers in healthcare, this program has been very successful and want to continue to improve the program for future success. I would be happy to discuss this further with you. Thank you!

progressive place to work. busy and constantly changing.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOApril 9, 2017
progressive work environment , always changing seeking
improvement and quality service. considerate of working employees during the holidays, providing free meals.
breaks are not granted and sometimes with very short duration.
All in all a good place to work.
April 13, 2017

Thank you for the awesome review! Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare works hard to ensure that our employees are happy with their employment and we try to be considerate of every member of the GVMH family. We would like to sincerely thank you for choosing Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare as your employer. As an employee you have added to the strong reputation that GVMH has both as an employer and as a community asset, and for that we are most appreciative! If you ever have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Thanks again! Casey McCartney, Recruiting Coordinator, Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare cmccartney@gvmh.org, 660.890.7152

Good Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOMarch 17, 2017
Overall was a great job, good health benefits, good atmosphere and great people to work with and for. Management wasn't the greatest, but really enjoyed helping patients.
Pros
Health Benefits
March 22, 2017

Thank you very much for such a great review and thank you for choosing Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare as your employer! We work very hard to offer the best environment and atmosphere for both our patients and our employees, so I am happy to see that being reflected. We couldn't have attained our success without a strong team of employees such as yourself, so again thank you for choosing Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare as your employer. If you ever have any questions or further comments please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Clinton, Missouri
660.890.7152

GVMH is a quality organization.
Assistant Administrator-Patient Care Services (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOMarch 10, 2017
Quality and safe patient care is important to GVMH. They are a Studer Group participant which has helped transform this organization into an award winning facility.
March 22, 2017

Thank you for such an outstanding review, and you are correct, we are award winning thanks to our great employees such as yourself. The team here at Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare is thrilled to hear such good feedback, and we're proud to be one of the best employers in healthcare today. If you ever have any questions or would like to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

660.890-7152

Certified Nurse Assistant for in Home Health Care (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOJanuary 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working with my clients! GVMH takes pride in taking care of their patients. I would strongly suggest anyone to work at the hosptial or in home health
Pros
working
March 22, 2017

Wow! Another wonderful review that we love to see! Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare takes the satisfaction and happiness of our patients very seriously just as we do our employees. Thank you for choosing Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare as your employer, we couldn't do what we do without you! Thank you again for the glowing review! If you ever have any questions or would like to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Great Culture
Clinical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MODecember 29, 2016
GVMH has a "just like family" culture. It is a small rural facility. The wages at GVMH are not competitive with surrounding hospitals. Advancement at GVMH is limited.
Pros
Cons
Wages
March 22, 2017

Thank you for your review, one of our best assets to the community and to our patients and employees is that we do act and believe that we are all a family at Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare. We are sorry that you are unhappy with the wages and advancement opportunities and I would like to be provided the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time that is convenient for you. I look forward to your reply.

Thank you!

Nice Place to Work
340B Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MOOctober 18, 2016
I have worked here for 5 years. The management is very open and are willing to speak with you at any time. I have enjoyed these years!
March 22, 2017

Thank you for the great review! Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare believes firmly in team decisions for continued success and we try to accomplish this by being a very "open door" friendly employer. Its our employees thoughts and ideas that allow for us to continue to grow in the healthcare field, and for that we thank you. You have been an asset to Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare during the last 5 years and we want to sincerely thank you for choosing Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare as your employer. If you ever have any questions or would like to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

660.890-7152

Fun workplace with friendly staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MOSeptember 26, 2016
Golden Valley is a great place to get started as a new nurse or settle down as a permanent residence. The staff is very friendly and easy to work with. The management staff is approachable. The hardest part of this job is being limited because of the rural setting. The best part of the job is the staff!
March 22, 2017

Did you know that we have multiple fundraisers each year plus many other events to assist with employee teamwork and development? Not to mention our very popular holiday activities that bring great enjoyment to our employees and patients. We believe that providing a fun atmosphere for our employees to work leads to happier employees and a stronger organization, so we are very thankful for your review about the friendly staff. Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare is continuing to grow and we want to thank you for making the decision to join our growing family. If you ever have any questions or want to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

660.890-7152

Great for meeting a variety of people.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MOApril 4, 2016
My co-workers are great to work with. They are all very nice and we get along great. My job can be stressful at times, but I love it. My boss is very caring. The hardest part of the job is seeing a lot of sick people. Some of them are in a lot of pain. I do my best to try to make their day better. I enjoy being around my co-workers the best.
Pros
Benefits, discounts
Cons
Little veins
March 22, 2017

Thank you for the great review! Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare is extremely thankful for our dedicated staff that work in our organization and provide such exceptional services to our patients to brighten their day. If you ever have any questions or want to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

660.890-7152

Great atmosphere and friendly co-workers
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOFebruary 29, 2016
It was an accomplished satisfactory position and very challenging. It was a position I was greatly pleased with. Management was cooperative and position was in great demand. The hardest would be going on vacation and come back to work with the notion of having denied claims because of non-thoroughness or great attention to detail from my absence. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you feel accomplished and it shows in the reputable budget. I was known to my boss as the gate keeper. That name was very credible.
Pros
luncheons, some great incentives
Cons
low wages
March 22, 2017

Thank you for the great review! We are very excited to hear that you were happy in your position and felt satisfied and congratulations on attaining such a powerful name "the gate keeper", that is something to be proud of! Our employees happiness is something we take very seriously. We are also continually reviewing market data for wages to make sure we are competitive and are providing the best compensation and benefits to our employees. If you would like to discuss this further or if you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Thank you again for the review!

660.890-7152

Great ED to impact the lives of ill/injured community members.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOFebruary 18, 2016
ED staff are like family members. Most work together as Team Members majority of the time.
25% patients are critical with intensive care and need to be transferred, 25% intermediate care and possibly need to be admitted; 50% basic first aid "clinic care" patients.
Many patients are non-compliant with discharge instructions, don't see their primary care physician (PCP)/dentist as instructed, and can't afford to fill their prescriptions because of lack of money or lack or non-existent insurance coverage.
Hardest part of the job is currently not enough nursing staff when it's super busy with critical patients from 2300-0600 hrs.
Most enjoyable aspect is interacting with patients and family members, and trying to make their ED experience as comfortable and pleasant as possible ... a "positive" experience.
Pros
Medical/insurance coverage
Cons
Not enough time available to eat a full meal or take breaks.
March 22, 2017

What a great and informative review! Thank you for taking the time during your busy day to focus on making the patients and family members experience with Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare a positive one. It is the employee dedication to patients that has allowed Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare to continue to succeed, so we are very appreciative of employees like you. We are sorry to hear about your concerns with nursing shortages and want to reassure you that we will be looking into this further. If you ever have any questions or would like to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Friendly Atmosphere
RN, Nursing Administration (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MONovember 18, 2015
Colleagues are some of the best people I have worked for. GVMH is a family centered organizations caring for patients with quality, compassion, and dedication.
Pros
Compassionate, collaborative, supportive team
March 22, 2017

Clap Clap! That is us doing the happy dance while reading your review! Our goal is to provide the best environment for our patients and employees, so it is rewarding to know that we excelling at that! Our staff truly are an amazing group of people and we value and appreciate each and every one of them for their amazing individual abilities as well as the great team that we create together. Our vision is to make a positive difference in the health and wellness of each life we touch, so thank you for the awesome review and for letting us know how we positively impacted you and your employment experience. If you ever have any questions or would like to discuss anything at all please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MOOctober 2, 2015
Good place to work. Great co-workers. Very enjoyable place to work. Fairly good beneifts. Stays busy most of the time. Some room for advancement is wanted.
March 22, 2017

We are so grateful for your review! We feel as though we are one of the best organizations to work for, it is employees such as yourself that reassure us that we are meeting the demands of our employees to keep them happy, which is a very important goal of Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare. When we are discussing changes or new programs our employees are always the first to come to mind, so thank you for the compliments, they are much appreciated. We also want each employee to see their position at Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare as a lifelong career instead of just a job, so we are always encouraging professional growth from within. I would be interested in discussing your concerns about the lack of room for advancement within the organization at a time that is most convenient for you. I look forward to your response.

Wonderful Place to work
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, MOJuly 20, 2015
Really Enjoyed my job. Couldn't wait to get there and work with my coworkers and the patients Loved doing extra involvement with the community like being apart of Chamber of Commerce and different events like relay for life, the triathlon, PAT Parents as Teachers, Smart Start which is a coalition to help get children ready for school. I really liked getting Our Name out there in the Public and working with others for the same common goals.
Pros
Free Pharmacatals lunches
Cons
Could not Advance in Pay or Job
May 10, 2017

Hello and thank you for the glowing review! Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare strives to provide a positive environment for our staff and patients. We also love getting out into the community and we achieve this in many different ways, such as our partnership with Bright Futures, multiple fundraisers and belonging to the Clinton Chamber of Commerce. At the end of the day our goal is to help everyone as much as possible, so we want to thank you for assisting us with that goal. If you ever have any questions or would like to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Thanks again!

660.890.7152

Small hospital, gives good care
RN operating room (Former Employee) –  1600 North 2nd Street, Clinton, Missouri 64735June 10, 2015
Small hospital, gives good care. The staff was very difficult to work with as they had worked together for many years and did not welcome new additions to the staff.
Pros
small hospital
Cons
not enough hours
March 22, 2017

I am very sorry to have read your review and how unsatisfied you were working at our organization. Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare does take the happiness of our employees very seriously and we never want any employee to feel as though they were not welcome to the Golden Valley family. I would be most appreciative if you would be willing to discuss this further with me at a time that is convenient for you. We would love to discuss how we can make our organization better for all of our employees especially the new employees joining our team. I look forward to discussing this with you soon.

Sincerely,

nice cars
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOApril 2, 2015
good company name, provided car, nice people, training is good. bosses communicated well. cell phones and gps needs updating.
May 10, 2017

Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare loves reading reviews such as these with so much positive information, it lets us know that we are doing a job well done and growing in the right direction. Thank you for choosing Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare as your employer, if you would ever like to discuss anything please do not hesitate to reach out to me. All the best!

660.890.7152

Fast-paced work environment with great teamwork
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MOJune 4, 2014
Wonderful place to work. Great patients and coworkers. Excellent management to back up employees. Occasionally very long hours.
May 10, 2017

Our management staff at Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare truly are some of the best in the business, however we also realize that each member of management is also made up of a team where we all work together for success! Thank you for the great review and for joining the Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare family. It is due to our great employees such as yourself that we have been able to continue to grow and accomplish our goal of being one of the best employers in healthcare today! If you would ever like to discuss anything further or have any questions at all please do not hesitate to reach out to me!

Sincerely,

660.890.7152

Fun place to work and learn to better yourself.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOMay 14, 2014
Typical day was arriving at work at 5am to start morning blood draws. I would set up my cart and start my allotted draws for the day. Daily interactions with other employees and patients.

I learned the different tests we ran and how to run them.

Management was top notch.
Pros
Good medical and dental coverage
Cons
45 minute drive to work
March 22, 2017

Thank you for the 5 star review! We believe that we have an awesome group of management leaders who support our amazing team of employees. Thank you for choosing Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare as your employer. If you ever have any questions or if you would like to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MONovember 6, 2013
I worked in the Department of Health Information Management. I was a transcriptionist for six years and an administrative assistant for four months. I adored my co-workers and am most proud of what I learned while employed at the hospital. The hardest part of the job was the monotony of transcription work, but I enjoyed the exposure to the clinical side of medicine.
May 10, 2017

Thank you for such a great review! We appreciate your dedication and for choosing Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare as your employer. It is due to employees hard work and dedication, such as yourself that has led Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare to win the many awards that we have and to become such an asset to the community and the healthcare industry. Our employees are the best in the business and truly make Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare what it is today; a great environment for staff and patients and a place for growth and advancement with continued encouragement from the entire GVMH family. If you would ever like to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Thank you again for the great review!

Pta
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MO July 19, 2013
PTA inside hospital for outpatient and acute care. Was a great learning experience. People who worked there were great!
March 22, 2017

We are so happy to have read your review! Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare prides ourselves on having the best employees work at our organization, so it is rewarding to read that you were happy and impressed with our employees! Thank you for choosing Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare as your employer, we are very appreciative of all of our employees who have allowed for our continued success. If you ever have any questions or would like to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Thank you again for the review!

660.890.7152

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Valley Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval