Golden Valley Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with friendly staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MOSeptember 26, 2016
Golden Valley is a great place to get started as a new nurse or settle down as a permanent residence. The staff is very friendly and easy to work with. The management staff is approachable. The hardest part of this job is being limited because of the rural setting. The best part of the job is the staff!
Great for meeting a variety of people.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MOApril 4, 2016
My co-workers are great to work with. They are all very nice and we get along great. My job can be stressful at times, but I love it. My boss is very caring. The hardest part of the job is seeing a lot of sick people. Some of them are in a lot of pain. I do my best to try to make their day better. I enjoy being around my co-workers the best.
Pros
Benefits, discounts
Cons
Little veins
Great atmosphere and friendly co-workers
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOFebruary 29, 2016
It was an accomplished satisfactory position and very challenging. It was a position I was greatly pleased with. Management was cooperative and position was in great demand. The hardest would be going on vacation and come back to work with the notion of having denied claims because of non-thoroughness or great attention to detail from my absence. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you feel accomplished and it shows in the reputable budget. I was known to my boss as the gate keeper. That name was very credible.
Pros
luncheons, some great incentives
Cons
low wages
Great ED to impact the lives of ill/injured community members.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOFebruary 18, 2016
ED staff are like family members. Most work together as Team Members majority of the time.
25% patients are critical with intensive care and need to be transferred, 25% intermediate care and possibly need to be admitted; 50% basic first aid "clinic care" patients.
Many patients are non-compliant with discharge instructions, don't see their primary care physician (PCP)/dentist as instructed, and can't afford to fill their prescriptions because of lack of money or lack or non-existent insurance coverage.
Hardest part of the job is currently not enough nursing staff when it's super busy with critical patients from 2300-0600 hrs.
Most enjoyable aspect is interacting with patients and family members, and trying to make their ED experience as comfortable and pleasant as possible ... a "positive" experience.
Pros
Medical/insurance coverage
Cons
Not enough time available to eat a full meal or take breaks.
Friendly Atmosphere
RN, Nursing Administration (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MONovember 18, 2015
Colleagues are some of the best people I have worked for. GVMH is a family centered organizations caring for patients with quality, compassion, and dedication.
Pros
Compassionate, collaborative, supportive team
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MOOctober 2, 2015
Good place to work. Great co-workers. Very enjoyable place to work. Fairly good beneifts. Stays busy most of the time. Some room for advancement is wanted.
Small hospital, gives good care
RN operating room (Former Employee) –  1600 North 2nd Street, Clinton, Missouri 64735June 10, 2015
Small hospital, gives good care. The staff was very difficult to work with as they had worked together for many years and did not welcome new additions to the staff.
Pros
small hospital
Cons
not enough hours
Fun place to work and learn to better yourself.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOMay 14, 2014
Typical day was arriving at work at 5am to start morning blood draws. I would set up my cart and start my allotted draws for the day. Daily interactions with other employees and patients.

I learned the different tests we ran and how to run them.

Management was top notch.
Pros
Good medical and dental coverage
Cons
45 minute drive to work
Pta
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MO July 19, 2013
PTA inside hospital for outpatient and acute care. Was a great learning experience. People who worked there were great!
Staff hard on new employees.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MOJuly 16, 2013
I found that working in the Birthing Center was a good experience but the staff that was there were not as accepting of new hires versus other places I have worked.
Ems take pts
RN- Emergency Dept (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOSeptember 3, 2012
Not everyone pitches in. the RN is left holding down 4-6 beds in the ER plus triage. If anyone was really ill in the lobby the RN would never know it. Not a safe place for an RN to work.
EMS pick up pt and treat them. In small cases this is fine. But often they just set around and never help turn over the rooms.
Pros
small town
Cons
no help, management is always looking at the $$$
No respect for individuals, no concern for quality patient care.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MoJuly 29, 2012
What I learned is healthcare is just big business. Care and concern for patient care and value of long time employees means nothing.
It's all about money and looks. Money has been dumped into remolding the structure for "visual appeal" which does nothing to save a life or prevent mistakes costing peoples health and life.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOMay 7, 2012
Doctor owned hospital in a small town in Missouri. At the crossroads of two state highways, near dam and lake, recretation area.

Golden Valley Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location