Goldfish Swim School Employee Reviews

Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJanuary 19, 2018
Great place to work if you like working with kids. Staff is great and the place is very accomadating for students to work there while still in school. Would 10/10 recommend
Great and Fast Paced
Front Desk Attendant/Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAJanuary 7, 2018
The managers are great and understanding. The turn over is high because of a lot of high school students. A fast paced environment and must be alert. You must like kids and good pay.
Pros
Good Pay and friendly people
Cons
fast paced and long hours
Decent place
Swim instructor (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 5, 2018
It’s an ok place to work and good service to the people but my concern is the fact it keeps getting me sick. I enjoy working there but I just don’t want to go to work just to get sick all the time.
Awesome Workplace
Instructor/Lifeguard/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJJanuary 4, 2018
Goldfish is a great place to work. Management is competent, franchise owners and corporate are friendly and present. Flexible hours and online scheduling. Workplace culture is very relaxed. Goldfish is an all-around great place to work.
Pros
Occasional lunches, breakfast on weekends, flexible scheduling
Cons
Short shifts, no full-time
New management is cut throat
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 30, 2017
It used to have a great work culture and was fun but the new management working here is cut throat. They have lied to employees and customers, they only promote and favor certain employees and they have fired people that have no write up or any history of bad work performance. In my opinion this was become a very stressful and cut throat place to work. .
Pros
you get to wim
Cons
new management is pretentious and cut throat
Great workplace with great people
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 18, 2017
Great place to work. I had an excellent experience with the kids and co workers. Looked forward to going in every day. The hours are flexible and great for students.
Great if you are related to the owners or managers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 18, 2017
Very unprofessional management group and ownership.
Managers openly date the younger subordinates.
They hire spouses/sisters/mother in laws of the owners and managers and with out a clear structure it creates major power struggles.
They do not follow their corporate monthly teacher/Deck supervisor evaluations. They fill them out for some employees but not others.
Pros
the kids
Cons
nepotism, and unearned advancement if you date or are married to a manager
Amazing Culture
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MADecember 7, 2017
Overall Goldfish was a lot of fun to work for.
Fast paced and fun element, with lots of kids to keep you smiling.
I learned a lot about coaching, myself and others taking a step back and fixing problems as a team.
Goldfish Swim School
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 7, 2017
This is a great job to work at, I am currently a front desk receptionist at the Falls Church location and started off at the Reston Location. I would highly recommend this job to people of all ages. It's such a great place to work I love what I do now, there's never a day I don't want to go to work. The people are great, the families you get to meet and talk to and share experiences with. The staff is great and the managers are amazing. Both facilities in Reston and Falls Church and amazing and the company will have such a huge impact on you and your personality. Working here has taught me a lot in a positive way about myself and what I want out of life.
Franchised Swim School
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Fairview Park, OHNovember 24, 2017
Typical day to day include teaching swim lessons, front desk receptionist, lifeguard and management. Different positions have different pay rates. Hours are very consistent yet VERY short shift that usually take place in the middle of the day and include 1 mandatory (Saturday or Sunday shift). Rewards of the job include TONS of staff meals and get together(s). Always using positive reinforcement to engage their employees and customers. Great job for high school or college kids!
Not treated fairly by the poor management
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 22, 2017
A typical day consisted of teaching swim lessons to children, giving their parents feedback on their lesson, and that was about it. I learned how to be more patient with the children if it became frustrating. The management, however, treated everyone unfairly. The people that had been there the longest got to do whatever they wanted even if it was against the rules. If it were anyone else, they would have gotten written up for it. The culture was pretty decent except for that unfair treatment. The hardest part of the job was definitely dealing with any crying children. But the most enjoyable was getting to teach because it is something that I love to do.
Pros
Free lunches if we work all day
Cons
Unfair treatment
Awesome work environment
Deck Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLNovember 18, 2017
AWESOME work environment! I would ten out of ten recommend for people to check this place out when looking for a job. Awesome staff and always is fun.
great
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Stapleton, CONovember 17, 2017
awesome place to work, very friendly staff its an easy job but not a lot of hours are provide. good for part time the pool is heated and the families that come in are great
great job to work if you like or have kids
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILNovember 6, 2017
great relationship building with families, get to watch kids learn and know you were apart of it. flexible hours if needed for another job or school. team building, management when i was there needed to be more consistent but heard its better now
Fun place
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Roscoe, ILNovember 3, 2017
Fun repaying job that allows you to exercise while working. opportunity for growth and fun fundraisers from the company warm water allows work to be easy
Fun culture and nice families
Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILOctober 30, 2017
Quick pace classes, giving the kids the optimal amount of learning time. They feed you during the PR weeks and always communicating with staff, via meetings/emails.
Pros
Fun atmosphere and feed you time to time
Cons
Pay
Fun work environment but poor management
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 26, 2017
Goldfish can be a pleasant place to work at, however most of their staff are very young, managers included which caused some conflict. I love working with kids and that was the best part of my job! Goldfish does help you with self improvement but, this job can be very overwhelming; everywhere from being a lifeguard on deck without a rotation, to being at the front desk consistently handleing customer issues. Managers are not fully involved with all aspects of goldfish, and couldn't related to students' school schedules, harrassing them to come in as needed (which was very often.) It's hard to get a break working a 10-12 hours shift when the school is short staff for several months. Overall, I had an average experience working at Goldfish.
Pros
Fun work environment
Fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ada, MIOctober 23, 2017
Management is on task and cares about employees, mostly young kids working here while in college courses. Hours are with half day breaks in between so it worked out to be split shifts.
Pros
company outings
Cons
upper class parents
Fun and Challenging work environment
Member Services and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 7, 2017
This is a great place to work and there are plenty of positions available to grow and learn within this company if you take the initiative to pursue more than just your daily job description.
Teaching kids how to swim
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 28, 2017
Goldfish swim school is a very positive environment. All of the workers and the students are very friendly and easy to be around. I would highly recommend working at Goldfish Swim school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goldfish Swim School. Our community is ready to answer.