Goldline International

Goldline International Employer Reviews

Good Management and fun place to work
EXECUTIVE PRECIOUS METALS TRADER (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: commission only
Serving as an Executive at Goldline International my responsibilities include, managing client portfolios of new and existing clients, while introducing new clients to the commodities industry through education.
Selling diversification strategies’ to maintain and preserve client assets.
Marketing and advising new and existing clients on Exclusive Limited Edition Products
Maintaining a book of business, monitoring daily market trends, planning and forecasting assets
Converting Retirement accounts such as Traditional, Simple, Roth, SEP, TSP, 403B, 457, and 401K’s
Buying, selling, and liquidating client assets as needed
Fostering relationships and strengthening client portfolio diversity
High pressure sales environment
Manger of Business Intelligence Development (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 21, 2013
Sales team is overvalued. Support teams are severly undervalued.
Efficently organizied process to ensure customer satifaction
Supervisor of Operations Department (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CASeptember 10, 2012
Pros: the company showed appreciation to the staff regularly.
Cons: not enough parking at our building.
A typical day at Goldline was filled with report review and troubleshooting. The management was always very supportive as our common goal was complete customer satisfaction. the team of administrative professionals that I worked with and supervised excelled in the responsibilities that they had and always made time to assist others on the team during high volume periods. The hardest part of the job was keeping the team from stressing in the midst of rumors of impending mass layoffs. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was working in an company that had very strong checks and balances in place which meant that we were able to spend time processing orders rather than fielding customer complaint calls.
Professional workplace with great co-workers
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 5, 2012
Pros: free parking, free bagels and donuts on monday, free pizza on fridays, free lunches on certain holidays, gift cards or other raffle prizes at christmas, great benefits, medical, dental, vision, and 401k
Cons: long commute, sedentary (hours straight of just computer work).
A typical day at work for me started at 7:30am, first thing in the morning I would boot up the computer and check my email for anything that came in after hours. I would receive monitoring reports from our outside legal firm detailing any compliance related issues found by their monitors. I also had several daily reminders set in Microsoft Outlook for audits I would have to perform. At 8:30am I would attend the morning training meeting for newly hired Account Executives and would monitor and make any corrections as required from a compliance standpoint. At 9am I would attend the company wide morning meeting and take copies of any handouts for my co-workers, manager and VP. After the morning meeting I would be at my desk reading, printing and filing monitoring reports for review. Then I would perform any tasks I had scheduled for the day, including audits, tracking and sorting data using complex excel spreadsheets, monitoring sales calls, doing research online regarding new telemarketing laws or precious metals information, and assisting my manager or VP with any projects. Toward the end of the day at 3pm I would take the monitoring reports and go down to the sales floor for compliance reviews. I would review compliance issues face to face with Account Executives and provide additional coaching regarding company policy.

My co-workers made the job fun and a pleasure to go to every day. They were all very intelligent, professional, and had good senses of humor. My manager and VP were amazing, they trained me in any area I showed interest in, and allowed me to assist on important – more... projects. I enjoy learning and being able to contribute to the overall business and strive to make myself better all the time.

The hardest part of the job were the compliance reviews, there were some very strong personalities to deal with. Being able to maintain control during the meeting and get the point across without being heavy handed was a real art and took practice to perfect. We had to be at the top of our game every single day because we were constantly challenged to explain compliance related issues or company policy.

I learned many things in this position including how to remain calm and professional under pressure, how to deal with all types of personalities, how to review and edit legal documents and disclosures, create and review training material, create complex excel spreadsheets with varying uses, research laws and statutes online and to work independently and know what needs to be done without being asked to do it. – less
Work
General Administrative (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMay 17, 2012
At Goldline unless you are a salesperson you don't really exsist. Until you make a mistake. You will only get recongnition once a year. If you are the favorite of one of the "higher up's", as in they hired you, then no problem. A few good people.