Goldman Sachs Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great Working Place
Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 17, 2017
Great working culture. People are always there to help. So don't afraid to make mistakes and ask questions, people are super nice and friendly. Lastly, good luck.
great learning experience
Fixed Income Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2017
credible working environment. team members invested in your growth. learn things at a fast rate with detail. opportunity to speak to other professionals
Bureaucracy, pressure and difficult vague expectations
Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 6, 2017
Extremely mercenary management and oversight, especially in Human Capital and Compliance type roles. They are not there to assist you and you feel it at every moment. The company will absolutely treat workers as replaceable commodities. Many of the people there are ambitious, bright, helpful and wonderful. There is definitely an 'up or out' feeling at all times and there is little margin for error, even if what constitutes an error is ill-defined much of the time.
nice place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
nice place to work. Learning new knowledge every day. Interacting with the most talented colleagues in the industry. Fast pace working environment. Do meet the deadlines!
Pros
learning new things
Stiff and cold environment. Very cutthroat.
Data entry and remediation of client records (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 31, 2017
Long hours at a moderate pay scale. Not much chance for advancement and management does not tend to help you learn or advance your skills - you have to rely on your peers.
Great place for learning
Associate - Private Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 30, 2017
I learned more in the 2 1/2 years that I worked at GS than my previous 8 years of work combined. You'll get from GS what you give to it. Goldman. Long work hours.
A new experience
Assistant to the Art Director, Graphics Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
I began my graphics career at Goldman Sachs. They provided many opportunities for career advancement. I learned a lot about production and management at Goldman Sachs
Gs
Executive Assistant. To Managing Directors & V.P (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
A great place to work. Would return in a hearts beat.

Always interesting Always great staff. New things can be learned at every corner. Fun is the name of the game when it comes to hard work
GS will take whatever you allow
Advanced Specialist- Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 26, 2017
Great if you don't have a family or a life outside of work. Hence the reason for the wave of interns hired every year. Good luck getting promoted as a woman if you're not part of the good ol' boys club.
Pros
maternity leave, vacation
Cons
work life balance, gender inequality
Summary
Team Leader, Senior Bank Debt (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2017
Pros
Depends on team, but a lot of freedom give (if you are doing your job).
Cons
- Work life/balance did not meet compensation
- Bureaucratic in nature
summer internship
Distressed Loan Pricing Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2017
summer internship in rmam pricing and pnl in dallas texas
younger team
lots of growth
satellite office
smart people
fast paced work
good atmosphere
all specific to rmam pricing group
Used to be great, but not anymore
Vice President - Senior Programmer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
I spend many years working in GS, and I used to be able to say that "I work with some of the smartest people in the industry if not world". This is no longer the case. In the last few years, there has been a brain-drain from GS.

There is no typical working day. It can range from 8 hours to 16+ hours per day. I did learn a lot and progressed though my career, however at a certain level things get very political. One VERY positive aspect of the job is a truly team-oriented environment. So while I definitely did enjoy some parts of the job, overall, at this point in time, I would not recommend this company.
Pros
Healthcare, training, challenges, fast pace, team oriented environment
Cons
long hours, politics, poor management
Good name to put on resume
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 19, 2017
Hard work but worth the resume capital. Can often require long hours. Work/life balance depends on teams and managers making it hard to predict before starting.
Goldman Sachs
Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 18, 2017
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals.
Great place to work!!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
The culture was positive. It felt like we worked in a team environment. Working there was easy and fulfilling. I enjoyed my time there. Recommend them as an employer.
Great office with many windows
Inbound Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 7, 2017
Call center position with calls ranging from 10-80 per day.
Learned nothing good about myself
Management was very young and seem to experiment on management ideas.
Work place culture could have been great if you were a 20 something "just want to climb the ladder" attitude. Nothing for someone who just wanted to work.
Taking calls and listening to criticism about what you said or didn't say. So many rules and demands, it was impossible to be yourself within the system. Could have been a fun job, but became very monotonous.
Lunch!
Pros
Benefits and working for a major company
Cons
Poor management styles and extreme criticism
excellent work environment
Credit Derivatives Group-Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2017
its a very fast paced environment. the company teaches not only great work ethics but also a way of life, of spent enough time at Goldman Sachs, one would never fail in life
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2017
Great benefits and opportunity for growth. Very professional atmosphere. Had bonuses when I was there. Enjoyed working with a variety of professionals at different levels.
Great place for career advancement
Lead Specialist - Operations (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 1, 2017
Great place to work for and advance in career, but comes with a sacrifice of personal life. Culture and diversity is great in Goldman, breaks and personal time, not so much!
Pros
Career Advancement, Diversity
Cons
Work Life Balance, Stressful
My opinion
Vice President, Structured Products Sales Strats (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2017
1) A typical day at work: 12 hour days, 5 days a week.
2) What you learned: lots
3) Management: Excellent in my junior years, less helpful in more senior roles
4) Workplace Culture: Very results driven
5) The hardest part of the job: Working with management that is more concerned about self promotion than team promotion.
6) The most enjoyable part of the job: Very intelligent colleagues full of knowledge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goldman Sachs. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval