Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sachs Employee Reviews

Technology Analyst (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 28, 2015
Goldman is a great place to work. As a woman in technology field, I was fortunate to be able to attend 'Woman in Technology' seminars conducted by Goldman Sachs. Management at Goldman Sachs is truly committed to provide its associates a rewarding career and enjoyable work environment.
A good place for developers
consultant (Current Employee), New YorkJune 28, 2015
Its a great workplace with opportunities to excel on many fronts. As a developer, you get some good technically challenging opportunities.
A fun, yet stressful job in a fun, yet stressful industry.
Copywriter/Proofreader (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunches in the Employee Dining Room aka "The Hangout"; free or deeply discounted show tickets, hotel rooms and other amenities.
Cons: Long work days in a 24/7 industry, average healthcare benefits, no matching contributions to our 401k plan
A typical day at work begins with a "Stand-up" -- an informal stand-up meeting to outline the day's goals and share any other relevant information regarding enhancing daily productivity for "hot" jobs. This is followed by a voluntary sharing of any personal announcements of an uplifting nature to start the work day on a positive note.

We have a cohesive team of fun-loving, witty writers and artists that laugh hard, yet work harder. Management is supportive and enhances the creative environment with frequent team-building efforts, from pizza lunches to office painting parties.

These are welcomed given the fast-paced and high-stress environment of working in the in-house advertising agency division of the world's largest investment banking and holdings corporation.

As the casinos and entertainment arm of Goldman Sachs, we have to not only address the bottom line, we bottom line have to create a memorable vacation experience for our guests.
High stress work environment
Asset Management Analyst (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 20, 2015
Overall, working at Goldman Sachs has been pretty good. I have the chance to work along side very educated people and there is always that push from upper management to push you to your full potential.

The only thing I dislike about working at Goldman Sachs is the fact that they run their operations so lean that it forces my team to work 70 hours every week. All other teams are leaving after 10 hours while mine stays behind until 7, 8, or even 10 o'clock at night.
face paced, high energy, under pressure work environment
VP, Global Head of Core Data Technology (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2015
Ever evolving, ever changing, work environment.
Demanding, rewarding, and exciting.
Team oriented.
Global teams.
Exposure to clients and management.
Fast paced very hot bed of action constantly
Junior Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 11, 2015
Goldman Offers the rookie an opportunity of a lifetime. The work hours are so long its ridiculous. Be prepared to have your mind blown open by how much wealth and power is in this company. Good luck!
good place to work
Project Manager / BA in Technology (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2015
Firm is very good to work for, excellent benefits , latest technology.
Provides a lot of training , cares for employees. I recommend this company as place of employement
Intense Culture
Summer Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 7, 2015
The company does not have a good work and life balance, all employees work very long hours and the salaries do not account for that. There is lots of politics which makes it hard to build trustworthy relationship and feel secure in the working environment.
Work hard, play nice in the political field
Vice President (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 3, 2015
Pros: Convenience of Parking, Gym, Daycare, cafeteria, doctor's, etc in the building
Cons: Top Heavy
I learned a lot, I've accomplished some nice achievements, made good friends. After 14 years and despite of light or lack of recognition from senior management, it was a great experience.
Great Job
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great Corporate culture
Cons: The Job was Temporary
I reconciled banking transactions on a daily basis between, Cash received and Cash due. It was a great place to work, great team and first class Corporate culture.
great folks, team/task-solution oriented
Senior Technology Analyst, Vice President (Current Employee), jersey city, njMay 25, 2015
lots of resources and opportunity when you're in the right team.
great folks, team/task-solution oriented.
management a bit bureaucratic, slow to adopt new technology.
Not bad, but stessful
Information Specialist - Contract (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 20, 2015
Vary long hours. management does not take time to developemloyees for advancement. I enjoyed each one of my co workers. we were all willing ot help a peer when necessary.
High Intensity and High Reward
Contingent Analyst on Regulatory Reform Team (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 14, 2015
Goldman Sachs is one of the most recognizable name brands in Finance and is great to get on the resume. When you work there, you know what you're getting into - high intensity and high expectations. I enjoyed this type of atmosphere; however, it is not for everyone.
Good environment overall
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 11, 2015
Pros: The work environment encourages learning and development
Cons: Competition over cooperation
Pros:
The work environment encourages learning and development

Cons:
Competition over cooperation. This is true with some individuals but not all.
Some managers need to improve interpersonal skills rather than only technical/product knowledge.
Huge firm, all depends on who you work for
Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2015
You could have a great experience or bad one at GS, it's really about who you work for and what group you're in. So, that is really what matters most.
Technology ... Nope
dynamic computing server (Current Employee), Software DeveloperApril 29, 2015
Pros
- Health and Wellness benefits
- Some people were great to work with
Cons
- Technology is treated like second-class citizens
- The pay is not competitive at all
- Politics. Lots and lots of it
- Overall, a very toxic culture
- Little room for growth, and honestly the longer you stay the further you pidgeonhole yourself
Data Quality Associate
Advanced Specialist (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 12, 2015
Pros: Networking, Working with talented people
Cons: Stressful with long hours of work
Maintain and update product reference data information and pricing securities for internal clients. Check and provide approvals on work of Analysts. Assist Manager with regulatory projects.

Hardest part I would say would be working with very tight deadlines but it makes my work very interesting. I learn something new everyday and everyday is a new day here.
High energy work environment, very work focused, and lots to learn
voice provisioning analyst (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2015
Pros: School and Gym reimbursement programs
Cons: some teams were isolated and allowed for little growth.
I really enjoyed Goldman Sachs, there was never a point in my career there that I was bored. The amount of work was vast and the opportunities the firm provided to allow for continuing education was strongly reinforced.
Goldman has great employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), 200 West St, New York, NY 10282April 7, 2015
People make Goldman a good place to work. Some decisions made are sometimes difficult to understand. Sometimes communications are not clear, but overall, good working environment and compensation package is good. I would recommend pursuing opportunities there.
Production support is good
Production support Analyst (Current Employee), Salt Lake cityMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Parties
Cons: None
It has been fun always to be a part of production support team for PWM and it gives you an opportunity to interacr with many people out there

1 2 3 4 5

About Goldman Sachs

At Goldman Sachs, the work you do will have a direct effect on business and the community. Our people come from a variety of academic – Read more

Goldman Sachs Salaries