Goldman Employee Reviews

Great place to work at !
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2016
Goldman is the perfect place for a new grad to learn how business works, and the industry standards, and of how every employee fits into it. Great people too!
This is a great starting place to move on to doing almost anything else you want to.
Pros
People, Gym, Health benefits
Cons
Less food perks
A world-class finance organization
Liquidity and Collateral Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 26, 2016
A typical day would consist of 10-12 hours of working on improving processes, and carrying out day-to-day operation's functions for OTC derivative portfolios. Helping to reduce market exposure to the firm and identifying areas of improvement.

The job environment is fast-paced and requires a strong attention to detail in order to mitigate errors that could have reputational or regulatory impacts to the firm.

The colleagues that I work with were all top-notch in terms of intelligence and talent. They all worked hard, and expected the same of each other. The culture of the firm is very team-oriented, and due to the long hours, this is vital to have a productive environment.

The hardest part of the job is most likely the stress. Having an environment that is high-volume requires the ability to be efficient in one's daily tasks, and still provide additional value beyond the day-to-day functions.
Pros
People
Cons
Work load
Company Declining
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2016
This company has taken a turn for the worse. The owners are disconnected. There are very few resources. I'm being asked to take on rolls that do not fit my skill set.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No resources
Student Instructor
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMay 26, 2016
I loved it. Got to teach a DeCal on one of my favorite shows of all time. I got one of the actors from the show to come talk to the students. I would highly encourage all students to teach one.
Love them
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Shirley, NYMay 9, 2016
I love working for them, but unfortunately if you ever want to switch to another position or move up, the options just aren't there.
Workers' Compensation Defense Firm
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 3, 2013
Large Workers' Compensation Defense firm where I was employed as a paralegal for six years. This job taught me how to be a WC Defense Paralegal and received all of my training from the head partner of the firm.

It was an extremely demanding position and stressful as they expect their paralegals to handle everything for the attorney's except appear for hearings.

Working for GMK made me an efficient and competetive Paralegal.
Pres Asst./Coordinator/Svc Leader Assistant (Former Employee) –  50 Broad Street, New York, NJApril 29, 2014
I worked with some great people whom I am still in contact with. They continuously gave updated training in all fields so we could stay on top of the latest software.
Pros
Updated training, compensation for OT and great people
Cons
Once IPO was completed - things changed
Competitive and Supportive Work Environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 6, 2016
Goldman Sachs sets the standard for excellence. Management encourages critical thinking and your peers are a constant source of motivation. Great firm to develop both hard and soft skills.
Allowed to work independently to achieve your own goals
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 1, 2015
Highest integrity and respectful atmosphere. Rarely hear foul language - no crude behavior or harassment. Casual dress - half day on Fridays - you are not a number but part of family - In the sales and collection depts your income is up to your ability to perform.
A very established company with knowledgeable staff.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  TorontoApril 3, 2013
I worked at GSK right out of college. It was an established boutique style law firm in Toronto. Here I learned what it meant to be part of a team in a non hospitality setting. The management consisted of the law partners who were very helpful and generous. My typical day consisted of accounting work, reception duties, filing, routing couriers, and specialized tasks assigned to me. I enjoyed the sense of accomplishment and autonomy this position afforded me.
Pros
autonomy, independence, new tasks everyday
Cons
unpredictable time constraints
Goldman, Daszkal & Cutler was a pleasant place to work at. My position was very demanding with many challenges which I was able to overcome and excel
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 12, 2012
I was Administrative Secretary to Alex Daszkal, Partner at Goldman, Daszkal & Cutler, Plaintiff Attorneys. I was the buffer between my boss and the clients. A typical days work consisted of speaking with clients, scheduling clients, speaking with Doctors, Hospitals, Rehab Centers regarding and requesting Medical Records. Maintaining all clients Medical Records. Dictation, Working under stress when necessary. Preparing Court documents, Appointment Setting, research, preparing all legal forms and letters appropriate to each case. What I learned was to be a top notch Legal Secretary. The most enjoyable part of my job was what I accomplished each day as an Administrative Secretary and the people I worked with. The hardest part of my job was meeting a deadline with last minute notice.
Pros
overall my job was good, and the people i worked with were nice.
Cons
i have nothing negative to say about my former position.
I enjoyed the 10 years I worked for Goldman & Company
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2013
My duties consist of all office work. I did Financial statements for our Clients. I worked on Power of Attorney documents, Living Wills, Healthcare Proxies. Answering the phone, etc. I learned a lot about the Law. I enjoyed working with the clients. I worked well with my employers.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
N/A
not a good place
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  hollywood, flMarch 24, 2015
attorney was ill, office closed two months after I started, no chance to move to another department. a lot of work very little staff. disorganized.
Cons
Very flexible there which was good since I had small children at the time.
Supervisor - New York Department (Former Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJAugust 3, 2012
I managed alot of employees and keeping everyone happy was hard but challenging. The most enjobable part of the day is that this was my second family and we loved being with each other.
Great place to train and make money
Analyst, Alternative Investment Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2014
Excellent training programs and leadership allow members of this firm to thrive in the business world.
Competitive and challenging
Associate, Credit Derivative Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2012
Strong environment of teamwork with everyone focused on success