goldmax

goldmax Employee Reviews

Was good while it lasted
Precious Metals and Diamond Consultant (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 10, 2015
This company is closing down. It was a great place to work and grew quickly. It also closed up stores just as quick. Great people to work with!
Great opportunities provided
Quality Control Manager/ Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 2, 2014
Learned a lot. Loved my co-workers. Advanced/promoted very fast.
Very productive, great bonuses, laid back atmosphere
Retail Manager (Former Employee), McDonough,GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: building rapport and meeting new people.everything was great!!!
Cons: business closed
My last job consisted of opening/closing the store on a daily basis. Meeting and greeting guests that came in the store. Building rapport to ensure that I am closing the sales. The hardest part was hearing about the struggles that some of my guests were going through and not having enough gold/silver to get the money they needed for their bills. Everything was enjoyable.
Easy going office like environment
Buyer (Current Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLMarch 19, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment, decent pay and hours, a lot of interaction with customers
Cons: not long-term. close down stores one by one with little to no notice
Opened and closed store alone, data entry as well as using microsoft office and microsoft excel.
Enjoyed working here, I prefer long term employment, however they are closing down so this is why I'm seeking other employment opportunities.
THE 2nd BEST JOB I'VE EVER HAD!
National Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: extremely comfortable to work in a place that buys, not sells. the process is truly sales, but it's reversed. that makes it fun and easy. this company is endorsed by robin leach.
Cons: n/a
Training all employees, and future trainers of GoldMax. I learned how to grow a business from 0-500 store fronts within an astonishingly short amount of time. The management, and executive management are extremely intelligent, and created a sustainable, friendly environment to work in. The hardest part of the job is actually the most fun for me. Teaching others how to become better salespeople is what I do the best.
Different Situations, Negotiations.
Purchaser of Precious Medals (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FlJanuary 7, 2014
Everyday different clients would come in and sometimes it would be regulars that knew me from dealing with me in the past. The hardest part of the job would have been is that the market took a major drop, clients didn't want to sell there precious metals for near to nothing, especially when it had sentimental value, Something money cant buy. I enjoyed working face to face with clients and having different challenges, learning something new everyday even if it was customers or management. Days varied on how many clients came in, it could be 10 one day and none some days. Learned to deal with many different personalities and attitudes and knowing that I am a people person made it that much more intriguing and made it feel like much more than just a job.
nice pay,great hours,holiday pay,nice bosses
advertiser/gold buyer (Current Employee), Buford, GAJanuary 1, 2014
great job with very nice people lovely pay and raises.holiday pay and holiday bonuses
GoldMax
Store Manager/Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLSeptember 20, 2013
Employment
GoldMax - Lakeland, Florida April 10 to May 13
Store Manager/Gold Buyer
* Test, weigh and price gold and other materials for purchase
* Negotiation
* Police paperwork, data entry, filing, ordering supplies
Great Company
Precious Metals Processor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: great company
Great company to work for

Goldmax, Great company to work for
Great co-workers, Great Place to work
Quality Control Analyst/ Product Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2013
I started when the company was still relatively small and grew with the company. Goldmax did their best to put their employees first.
Great Place to work
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), Tampa, FL 33607July 15, 2013
I enjoyed working for the company. The people I worked with were great and the opportunities that were offered to me were awesome.
just a job
Sign Holder (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLJune 17, 2013
The company has serious communication issues. The work is boring and very hot work outside
Things I Learned
Assistant Manager/ Gold Buyer (Former Employee), Oswego, ILMarch 21, 2013
I learned to run a day to day business by my self. Also learned alot about how I work really well with people and can relate with 95% of people who walked through my door. My supervisors were very helpful and full of information. I learned very quickly,especially the entering of data aspect.
very uptight, dishonest, no sense policies and procedures
Buyer (Current Employee), Los AngelesJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: too many to list
this company demands buyers lie to customers the entire time the customer is at the goldmax store. If a buyer, for some reason, is not complying with these deceitful policies and procedures, and tells the customer the truth or offers a little bit more money cause customer says they are shopping around, the buyer will get fired. The regional managers there are very mean and disrespectful. The buyer has to call 'managers' to get the right for a customer, but it's all a lie...
while the buyer works there, there is nothing new to learn, it's a very repetitive, boring, dog eat dog job... I wouldn't recommend working here...
Very comfortable atmosphere to work in
Store Buyer/Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Elgin, ILDecember 18, 2012
I learned how to handle a variety of scenarios that may arise in any type of work related to customer service.
Very tiring and boring with no balance of my life..
MSignholder (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2012
Working for GoldMax is very stressful and tiring at the same time.My boss tends to moves me around different locations furthermore wasting my gas driving around Tampa a lot.My muscles are always sore and tense from being outside doing the same motion for 6 1/2 hours each day.
Fun place to work- great training program and flexible work days
Lead Gold Buyer, Trainer, and Product Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2012
Pros: paid lunch hours and flexible work days. pto and paid holidays off
Cons: minimal benefits
Each day is different depending on who comes in your store. The training program is great and very thorough with regards to gold, silver and other precious metals. The regional managers are very supportive and manage the team like a family. The co-workers are all team players and help out as much as possible.
Great company to work for
Gold Buyer (Former Employee), Greedale, WIJuly 3, 2012
Pros: free lunches, great pay
Cons: weak gold market, sometimes communication
These were some of the most thoughtful people ever. The job overall was great. I really enjoyed working with the customer service team and the managers were wonderful.

goldmax Salaries