Golds Gym Employee Reviews

Love the environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, NYFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work at golds gym was a little short of fulfilling. It entailed mostly greeting members and basic customer service. I did learn customer service skills at this job.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Not challenging
Great Peeople
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 1, 2016
I love working there, but I am ready to start with my career. I enjoy the employees, and I have learned so much on customer service and collections with billing.
Pros
customers
Cons
pay
Good job to have as a teenager
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Leander, TXJanuary 6, 2016
Typical day was to check people in and out, make workout smoothies, sell and ring up merchandise, answer phones, I closed on many occasions, ect. It was a fun easy job, great for how young I was. Management was great, my co-workers were fun, and made your shifts enjoyable. hardest part of the job is being busy and the only one there, you have to answer phones make sure people are checking in and not sneaking in, while making smoothies. Best part of the job was having a free membership. Even though I never used it.
Pros
Free membership
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 30, 2015
Great environment and I learned a lot of techniques and strategies to become a better trainer. The store was a great start for me as I aspire to be a personal trainer and coach.
Fun & Enjoyable With Daily Customer Interactions
Manager/Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 17, 2015
 Membership Sales
 Oversight for all full & part-time employees, including hiring, scheduling, etc.
 Provided constant I.T support for all computer/systems/Network Admin. etc...
 Met & excelled in all areas of daily sales expectations & daily/monthly sales goals
 Handled the oversight & daily communications with all corporate accounts
Great work place with happy people.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaDecember 17, 2015
Difficult if you're working for a franchise instead of the Corp owned chain.
The boss has the ability to treat you how they want, pay you what they want, and demand what they want.
There is room for advancement always, and you can do nearly anything you set your sights on, and the pay is there for the job.
Their compensation and benefits are a huge disparagement between administration and gym employees and management.
The bonus structure for GM/ Admin /Hourly is part of the disparagement. There are no benefits to be had, no matter how many hours you work.
Low score for management has to do with turnover; it's likely around 80%. For standard employees; front desk to maintenance, it's got to be 110-140% .
Pros
Comraderie among all members and associates.
Cons
Everything mentioned
loved working here
Evening Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MADecember 1, 2015
I loved the manager and the girls I worked with. you were paid well and got to have fun on the job. great place to work if your in high school as a part time gig
Balanced
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VADecember 1, 2015
My experience with Golds Gym was balanced, the location was ok. Not many benefits offered, the pay was ok as well. If i had to recommend this Gym i would recommned this Gym as an internship.
Pros
Facility
Cons
Advancement
great coworkers
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILNovember 23, 2015
current gm is not that great of a boss. the new o.m. is great though and willing to help out the staff as much as possible. coworkers are phenomenal and easy to talk to. the hardest part of the job is doing what no one wants to do, such as cleaning the bathrooms and reracking weights. the best part of the job was a consistent and steady paycheck.
Fun workplace, high energy environment
Sales and Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 18, 2015
I had a very flexible shift, the team worked well to rotate weekends and evenings. I was always met by smiles and positive energy when I came into work. Both the staff and members were a lively crew, sharing stories about the latest body building competition to telling jokes. At the time, this gym was the place to be and it was very busy. Our boss was very down to earth, happy and had an open-minded business approach. Competition for sales were made into fun games, not "cut-throat" or back-stabbing.Partnerships with colleagues was a must to get through the huge supply and demand of the protein shake bar orders. Surprisingly what I learned the most from this job was by observing the bodybuilders. They generally worked in pairs, always encouraging each other and very detail-oriented with how they ate and it's effect on the body.

Good Times!
Pros
Ironically...Pizza Fridays on the boss
Cons
Limited fresh air
great job not a career
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2015
this job is very sales oriented the best part is all the people you meet and interact with the pay fluctuates during holidays very slow
Fun but disorganized
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 1, 2015
Fun place to work, laid back, and get to work with like minded individuals. Its very disorganized with no set schedules, which is complicated by the fact that in order to get clients you really have to be there in uniform. What constitutes work and what you can clock in for is very ambiguous, which leads to confusion and wasted time. There is no real system set in place and sales staff can show favoritism to who gets clients based on who they like.
its a gym
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZSeptember 30, 2015
just walking around cleaning, that the gym is full of mean people, that they are unfair to there employees, they were great
Enjoyable place to work
CHILCARE ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VASeptember 17, 2015
Very relaxed, yet very organized. Friendly staff as well as the clients that we have are also friendly. Perks of working at golds are also enjoyable
Productive ,busy work with plenty of time for breaks
Fitness Counselor (Former Employee) –  logan utSeptember 10, 2015
Every day coming in walking through the gym making sure all machines wore tactful and working properly, once that was done write in logs all appointments for the day ( min of 4 appts req each day) then start making calls and invite potential members to see and try out the gym, if any walk-ins came in perform the 5 component tour and make sales. the hardest part would be making calls and person not interested in hearing you out. the most fun part was watching all the gym members progress and meet there goals
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
no insurance, laid-off closed gym with no notice
No job secureity
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 6, 2015
GIVEAWAY MANY HOURS OF FREE TRAINING low pay

Documenting a client’s progress. Fun place to work but not a job that you'll ever make much money at n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a
Fun work enviorment. Love my job.
Frances KhouryKidzone Director (Current Employee) –  Lorton,VASeptember 1, 2015
Golds Gym is a great place to work. They've given me opportunity and encouraged my personal and professional development by allowing me to use my abilities and go forward. Ive met some fine people. The Regional Manager in my Gym is the best Manager Ive had the opportunity to work for and I have a high regard and respect for him.
As a Manager there are some difficult responsibilities, for me its knowing when I done everything to encourage an employee to better themselves, with no result and to have to let them go.
What I enjoy most is seeing my staff do a good job and feeling good.This means I'm doing a good job.
Pros
They allow their employees to workout and keep fit.
Good job
Front Desk and Kids Club Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2015
The biggest benefit was the free membership and meeting people from the gym. The management was the worst part. Short shifts with low wages.
Difficult place to work
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAAugust 19, 2015
The type of work was never a problem for me, I am a fast-learner and learned the ropes on how things were done very quickly. I loved the environment because of the members. I got to know many of them on personal levels to the point where if i swapped shifts or missed a day of work due to sickness or vacation my regulars would miss my presence. My co-workers and management were always a problem from the start. Everyone was treated differently and the expectations and discipline was never the same for everyone. Many of my co-workers got away with everything wrong and it seemed like every time we had a staff meeting to address the issues all the wrong people were being blamed. My niceness was taking advantage of and I worked extra hours to help everyone out and in return got nothing back including appreciation and gratitude.
Pros
Free gym membership, half-off products in gym, flexible hours for school
Cons
no health care (even for full-time workers), drama based
Diversified skills include client relations, human resources, recruiting, project management, and administrative support. Excellent phone skills
Front Desk Receptionist/ Day care (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 17, 2015
Excellent management staff with a strive to improve the company and keep their employees satisfied. Great atmosphere, Good experience, and great people to work with.