Golds Gym

Golds Gym Employee Reviews

Great work place with plenty of time to physically train by yourself or with others.
Personal Fitness Trainer (Former Employee), Somerville, MAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Make your own work schedule, the more you work the more you make.
Cons: Terrible management, inconsistent checks.
This branch of the franchise was lacking tremendously. It was a great work environment at the time until they underwent new management. Always un organized in the "Personal Fitness Trainer" area but, some of the trainers were very competent and passionate in what they do as a profession; always willing to learn new things.
Productive and Fun Work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 19, 2015
Great experience, great members as well as staff. Great hospitality as well as service. Fun environment, amazing manager, sales people, as well as owners.
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager/Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Santa AnaMay 17, 2015
Great work environment and flexible hours , and great experience working here , alot of communication and working in teams and alot management skills
its a job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Henderson, NVMay 13, 2015
It was grave yard. Not a lot of members came in. Free access to weights and other gym equipment. Wasn't a place to make a career out of. Great job for people entering the work field.
talking and helping members reach there goals
Personal Trainer/Sales (Former Employee), Layton, UTMay 8, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: pay wasnt the best
I love training and working out with the members and friends, sharing the knowhow and skills that I learned with others. the best part of the job is when that person that you are working with reaches there goals and stayed with it knowing that I helped push them to successes!
Great training atmosphere
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 27, 2015
Pros: wearing shorts to work, free gym membership
Cons: crazy hours
Golds Gym is a really good company and being a personal trainer has been one of the best and most challenging jobs that I've had in my young career as a health professional. I love my clients and I love my job.
Nice but the management sucked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAApril 18, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: Shifts
I loved working here.I did not like the management though. And the new location is not a good place for a gym. They would mess up paychecks. But overall, i loved the people there
A fun place to work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Glen BurnieApril 10, 2015
Great atmosphere to work in,we have a tight nit group that cares about all of our customers enjoy helping client achieve there goals,and being
good exercise
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 9, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: not enough hours
Richmond VA. Fun place to work and get your workout at the same time.People were friendly located in a great area lots of shopping in the area
Front Desk associate
Front desk associate (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 6, 2015
Pros: Free Gym membership
Cons: Long standing hours of work
Manage all front desk duties
*Check in member
*Manager FD register
*Add members to check free system
*locate and update member information
*assist walk in customers
* Answer all incoming phone calls
Great Gym Was my Favorite Gym ever in Honolulu
Front-desk Staff (part-time) (Former Employee), HonoluluMarch 31, 2015
Pros: No lunch it eat while you work.
Cons: No breaks
Working there at the Gold's was the BEST!!! Great people. GREAT clients. And it was like a FAMILY kind of GYM. Everyone knew each other. Love & Miss that. I learn a lot about the people & there lives. Co-worker were the BEST to work with. We worked together always. Great Managers there. Thing I miss & enjoyed was the people to came to the Gym. That's was my Favorite part about working there.
Comfortable, welcoming, fun, and social atmosphere.
Personal Trainer- NASM and CPR Certified (Current Employee), Township of Howell, NJMarch 18, 2015
At Gold's Gym the work place was very opening from the moment I started there. All trainers were welcoming and comforting of one another, not competitive and cold. As work days became packed with clients, gym members were extremely friendly and eager to learn from me when I had free time on my hands. Management was always understanding of any situation, especially since my spouse is active duty military. Management also had my best interest in their hands, and they were truly my biggest fans. Finally, work was always enjoyable and uplifting, and that makes working a pleasure. My management staff was a pleasure to work for, my fellow coworkers were polite to one another, and creating my own work schedule to help people change their lives was always a plus!
A place you would have to see to believe
Customer Care Rep II (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2015
A normal call center customer care. Handling members calls, you are responsible for your own success. The company didn't provide training or phone call review to help you advance in the company. No company growth within.
Laidback job
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: management
Very laid back job working at the front desk, but way too much expectations for the pay. Not to mention management is horrible, I'm sorry but as a manager you're supposed to care for your employees because if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have a job either. Learn how to treat other people and stop acting you like Queen B. Too much drama, feeling like high school.

I loved meeting people though, and interacting with them.
unethical
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee), FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good gym, good price
Cons: horrible managment, unethical practices
no room for advancement. increasing workload, no additional compensation, unethical practices, dangerous work enviroment
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Kids Club Associate (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free member ship
Cons: short or hardly no breaks
HAVING FUN WITH THE KIDS, AND A FUN PLACE TO WORK AND TO WORK OUT. GETTING A CHANCE TO WORK OUT AND THEN WORKING WITH THE KIDS.
Great Place for a student
Receptionist, Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: friendly, secure, good environment, team oriented.
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities.
If you are looking for a friendly environment where the employees typically get along very well along with perform as a strong team, Gold's SocCal is the place to be.
If you are looking for a place to grab a promotion one after another, look else where. What your paid is what you'll probably make onwards as higher positions are filled 99% of the time, when they are open they are typically given to those with most seniority within the company and can require relocating to different cities for the transfer.
They work well with being flexible, as long as you understand the less available you are, the less hours you will obviously get.
Management is often friendly, stresses team work, and will sooner tell you how to improve rather than penalize immediately like many companies.
Fun work place to constantly interact with people
Front Desk (Former Employee), las vegas, nvJanuary 29, 2015
Answering phones, Greeting guest, Cleaning the gym.
Learned custerm service skills and responsiblity.
What I do before, during and how I feel about the environmet
receptionist (Current Employee), University pkwy , Orem UT 84058January 11, 2015
Pros: free membership, meet new people
Cons: low pay per hour, not enough hours
Well my day at work usually starts before I clock on at the gym because I prefer to finish working out then start work. What I find myself learning more than anything is how to communicate with costumers well to maker they have a good experience. I'm a front desk receptionist with someone else. The company prefers that there be two to three people in the front because sometimes there's a lot of people come in at once. I could say that I get along and have a great day with my follow co worker. The manager and her supervisors are nice and make the environment as simple and chill as possible. the hardest part of the job is when member don't have the their barcarole but the best thnig about the job is making new friends everyday
Sales
SALES CONSULTANT & SALES TRAINER (Former Employee), arcadiaJanuary 6, 2015
Sales Consultant with more than 9 years of experience. Great experience with high power sales tactics. Generating 50 leads daily. 100 cold calls. Commission base

1 2 3 4 5