Employer: LONG TERM CARE HOSPITAL
Location: CITY OF SANTA MONICA, CA
Number of employees: 250
Position: PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR/HR GENERALIST
Date of opening: 12-11-2013
Reporting Supervisor: Facility Administrator, HR Manager
ATTENTION: THE APPLICATIONS OF THE CANDIDATES NOT MEETING POSTED REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for preparing and processing by-weekly payrolls, general HR administrative functions and any other payroll and/or HR related duties. The successful candidate is a people oriented professional who sees the 'big picture' but at the same time is a detail oriented and organized individual, well versed in the art of handling multiple tasks by being a productive 'go-getter' who is prioritizing/triaging and delegating, when appropriate. The qualified candidate shares our Company's Values and our desire to demonstrate it at every available opportunity.
Compensation: Compensation and benefits package is commensurable with skills and experience.
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME:
YOUR COMPENSATION HISTORY (INCLUDING BENEFITS). YOUR COMPENSATION EXPECTATIONS (INCLUDING BENEFITS).
A. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Preparing and processing of by-weekly payroll (currently using ADP Enterprise Payroll);
Posting payroll data and ensuring compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws regarding payroll administration. Distribute the paychecks to the Company's employees.
2) Respond to payroll related inquiries as it pretends Company's P & P and applicable codes regulations.
3) Respond to HR related inquiries as it pretends Company's P & P and applicable codes regulations.
4) Assure that Payroll/T&A/HR issues that require an involvement of experts are related to the Administrator ASAP for proper resolution.
5) Implement forms and processes, approved by Administrator in order to streamline payroll function as directed by Facility Administrator
6) Assists all employees with payroll issues /discrepancies, and processes necessary corrections. Assists all employees with requests for payroll and HR information on a regular basis.
7) Must comply with the all regulatory standards and Company's policies and procedures of payroll.
8) Prepare and provide the Company management with required/requested reports including but not limited to weekly/monthly and/or as required, payroll, T & A, overtime, etc., reports.
9) Keep the count and perform reconciliation of employee vacation and other time off each month; confirm employee eligibility for time off, etc.
10) Prepare and process health and welfare insurance deductions and invoices, and related reports, as required.
11) Ensure compliance with HIPAA reporting and regulations
12) Ensure compliance with WC reporting and regulations
13) Ensure compliance with OSHA reporting and regulations
14) Maintain and update payroll tables and reports as needed.
15) Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, and approving invoices for payment.
16) Administer any leave of absence for qualifying employees including FMLA, CFRA STD (Short Term Disability), LTD (Long Term Disability), WC, etc.
17) Assist recruitment in posting jobs to the website, preparing offer letters, scheduling interviews as needed, etc.
18) Perform background screenings on potential new employees, determine eligibility based on results and inform manager of decision. Produce pre-/adverse action letters when necessary.
19) Maintain and update and Human Resource documents and files. Manage new hire orientation module in order to ensure compliance with all current policies and regulations.
20) Cross train to backup HR Manager and Payroll Coordinator as needed.
21) All other duties as assigned.
22) Microsoft Office experience, strong Excel skills preferred
B. REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
1) The candidate must have at least 5 years of hands on, recent and uninterrupted payroll (ADP Enterprise Payroll, e-Time) and HR (generalist) experience, preferably in the LTC field. Working knowledge of Spanish is preferable.
2) Solid PC skills, including excellent knowledge of the MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, etc), PDF, etc.
3) Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentational and conflict resolution/ negotiation skills.
4) Ability to maintain a current knowledge base of payroll, benefits, and HR related trends and processes.
5) Knowledge of Federal and California payroll and payroll tax regulations and employment laws.
6) Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with a high degree of independence
7) Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
8) Solid history of providing exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.