Golf Channel

Golf Channel Employer Reviews

Good Company With Many Benefits
Senior audio engineer for live events (Current Employee), Various locations in the USAOctober 24, 2014
I have worked for Golf Channel since 1995 and witnessed tremendous growth.
Excellent job with excellent people. Loved my experience there.
International Schedule Programmer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: all of them.
Cons: none.
A typical day consisted of many responsibilities entailed with working with 13 different international clients from various parts of the world. I was responsible for inputting their schedule, maintaining open communication regarding their requests/changes/requirements, adhering to contractual agreements and regulations. I was also responsible for Powerpoint – more... Presentations, Excel Contract reports, communication between show-pitchers and the director. Coordinating live tournaments with paid programming, and making immediate changes to the schedule should issues arise.
I learned a great many things. I learned that your team can make or break how you feel about your place within a company. I learned how the differences in the many cultures we worked with. I learned how to better my office skills along with how to implement personality in a corporate environment.
Management there is strong; they provide a great deal of support for bettering your future opportunities within the company.
I adored my co-workers. They had great work ethics, humor, dedication, pride, and excellent abilities to help others.
The hardest part of my job... I can't say I had one. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience there.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the department I was in, in general. The people there were very encouraging and supportive, the benefits were wonderful, and my input was valued. It was great to feel like you were truly part of a team. – less
Wonderful Workplace
Post Audio Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 5, 2014
Pros: half-price food trucks at the beginning of the month.
Cons: pressure of the schedule.
I like everything about this company. You can have a personal life working here. You do have time to do everything. Bosses understand you. You have a good relationship with your co-workers.
A fun place to work with talented, creative and passionate people.
Associate Producer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 18, 2013
I have spend many years at Golf Channel and am proud to have been a part of the growth of the network from it's infancy.
Constant opportunites to learn and challenge yourelf.
Satellite Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 3, 2013
Pros: loved putting our fires each day, continually learning and being challenged.
Cons: lack of communication
My daily routine was never the same, coordinating live feeds requires you to be ready at anytime of the day or night to trouble shoot and provide solutions for any situation that may arise. I acquired the skills to manage multiple feeds each day both domestic and international. Working with our International clients was one of my favorite parts of the – more... job as it always provided me the opportunity to learn more about the satellite business abroad and how to successfully send, receive and trouble shoot feeds from all over the world. Lack of communication within the company was by far the one thing that could make my job harder. Chasing down pertinent information is part of the job however when all departments are communicating successfully everyone succeeds. Customer service is one of the most important aspects of the business and I believe one of my strongest qualities. I always enjoyed providing help to our viewers who are so passionate about Golf Channel, they are the most important key to our success. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 2, 2012
A typical day at work is extremely busy however fun. Everyone here is really down to earth and are friendly and hard working!
Great place to work.
Manager of Web Design (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2012
Was allowed to grow and develop. The company supports ideas and creative concepts.
Not a bad place to work
Media Services Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 30, 2012
Pros: many free benefits for workers
Cons: 7 day a week job
Exciting work pace, Good People. Many benefits for Orlando area residents. Challenging job assignments.