Golf Channel Employee Reviews

A great Place to work
Live Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2015
Golf Channel is a great and fun place to work. It is like a family away from your family.Worked around the clock to bring the viewer the best product of live golf to their homes.
Leader in the Golf Industry
Core Products Implementation Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 11, 2015
Amazing company very forward thinking. Promote from within and continue to grow. Great tools at your disposal and energetic co workers.
Good place to start and get your foot in the door
Production Assistant, Golf Central (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 8, 2015
In the news department we started our day with a meeting about that nights show, or what we were going to cover in the pre-game and post-game shows leading into and coming out of golf coverage. You pitched your ideas and received your daily assignments which would range from player breakdowns, player interviews, highlights, bumps, teases, sponsored elements, etc. The Producers have a good handle on their jobs and what they expect from you. The disconnect at the Golf Channel occurs with the supervisors that rarely work on a day-to-day production basis taking full control during the biggest weeks of the season. They play favorites with the employees who have been there longer and give people who are just starting out in the company little to no projects to work on no matter the work ethic or motivation the employee has to improve on their job performance. The hardest part about the job is being able to time manage all the projects given on a daily basis, coupled with long term projects. The most enjoyable part of the job is having full creative control on the pieces you are working on.
Great Work Experience
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2015
I learned an amazing amount of information about on-site television production while working for the Golf Channel on various shows.
Fun Environment
Executive Assistant to EP & EE (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: cafeteria & gym
Golf Channel provides a great work environment with growth potential. There are always people around you that are forthcoming of information and you always have the most advanced tools to complete tasks.
Golf Channel
Freelance Teleprompter (Current Employee), Orlando, FlNovember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches for real yo!!!
Cons: long hours no time to say goodbye to my dog
Lots of fun and long hours though. Get to meet golfers and learn the game inside and out
Good Company With Many Benefits
Senior audio engineer for live events (Current Employee), Various locations in the USAOctober 24, 2014
I have worked for Golf Channel since 1995 and witnessed tremendous growth.
Excellent job with excellent people. Loved my experience there.
International Schedule Programmer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: all of them.
Cons: none.
A typical day consisted of many responsibilities entailed with working with 13 different international clients from various parts of the world. I was responsible for inputting their schedule, maintaining open communication regarding their requests/changes/requirements, adhering to contractual agreements and regulations. I was also responsible for Powerpoint Presentations, Excel Contract reports, communication between show-pitchers and the director. Coordinating live tournaments with paid programming, and making immediate changes to the schedule should issues arise.
I learned a great many things. I learned that your team can make or break how you feel about your place within a company. I learned how the differences in the many cultures we worked with. I learned how to better my office skills along with how to implement personality in a corporate environment.
Management there is strong; they provide a great deal of support for bettering your future opportunities within the company.
I adored my co-workers. They had great work ethics, humor, dedication, pride, and excellent abilities to help others.
The hardest part of my job... I can't say I had one. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience there.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the department I was in, in general. The people there were very encouraging and supportive, the benefits were wonderful, and my input was valued. It was great to feel like you were truly part of a team.
Wonderful Workplace
Post Audio Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 5, 2014
Pros: half-price food trucks at the beginning of the month.
Cons: pressure of the schedule.
I like everything about this company. You can have a personal life working here. You do have time to do everything. Bosses understand you. You have a good relationship with your co-workers.
A fun place to work with talented, creative and passionate people.
Associate Producer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 18, 2013
I have spend many years at Golf Channel and am proud to have been a part of the growth of the network from it's infancy.
Constant opportunites to learn and challenge yourelf.
Satellite Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 3, 2013
Pros: loved putting our fires each day, continually learning and being challenged.
Cons: lack of communication
My daily routine was never the same, coordinating live feeds requires you to be ready at anytime of the day or night to trouble shoot and provide solutions for any situation that may arise. I acquired the skills to manage multiple feeds each day both domestic and international. Working with our International clients was one of my favorite parts of the job as it always provided me the opportunity to learn more about the satellite business abroad and how to successfully send, receive and trouble shoot feeds from all over the world. Lack of communication within the company was by far the one thing that could make my job harder. Chasing down pertinent information is part of the job however when all departments are communicating successfully everyone succeeds. Customer service is one of the most important aspects of the business and I believe one of my strongest qualities. I always enjoyed providing help to our viewers who are so passionate about Golf Channel, they are the most important key to our success.
Productive and fun workplace
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 2, 2012
A typical day at work is extremely busy however fun. Everyone here is really down to earth and are friendly and hard working!
Great place to work.
Manager of Web Design (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2012
Was allowed to grow and develop. The company supports ideas and creative concepts.
Not a bad place to work
Media Services Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 30, 2012
Pros: many free benefits for workers
Cons: 7 day a week job
Exciting work pace, Good People. Many benefits for Orlando area residents. Challenging job assignments.