Golf Galaxy Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  n/aJanuary 17, 2017
Overall a great place to work. It is has a great atmosphere and if you love golf nothing better. If you want to learn about fitting and customer service super place to work.
Pros
People
Chain retail golf store
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 11, 2017
getting to be around golf all day is enjoyable. Talking to customers each day about various topics relating to golf is also enjoyable. The routine of the work gets repetitive but there are perks that keep things interesting.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Minimum growth/advancement
Enjoyable specialty retail environment
Player's Assistant (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 20, 2016
If you are not higher management in the store, you can expect typical retail wages and seasonal schedule. My particular store has good chemistry and solid relationships. Good communication between managers and employees. Excellent opportunities for training and building product knowledge.

The worst part of the job would be the usual retail wages. If you really enjoy the retail environment and enjoy sharing knowledge about golf technology and products, you can certainly grow into more progressive roles.
Pros
Enjoyable, social
Cons
limitations of pay and hours for non managers
Very nice store with simulators in the back, big on the inside, lots of different selection to choose from
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Christiana, DENovember 16, 2016
I enjoyed working there, the guys and girls there were very helpful and taught me alot there and made me a better sales associate and how to help people
I enjoy my co-workers and the work that I'm doing.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNOctober 16, 2016
I am able to do things constantly and they are able to give me freedom on what I am doing. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help customers and to see the smile on their face when they find that perfect club.
Pros
Co-workers and managers are great
Cons
Hard to get breaks because few people work at the same time
Awesome environment, Great relationships with customers
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 12, 2016
I loved working here. I built so many relationships with customers, some will probably last a lifetime. There is nothing more satisfying to me than being able to help someone find joy in the game of golf. Ive helped kids make their high school golf team and Ive helped guys on the web.com tour. Its great helping a whole golf community and being a part of their lives.I also learned a lot about club repairs, my swing, my game and I learned a lot about the golf business in general.
Pros
access to the newest clubs and industry news. Training in club repairs and fittings
Cons
a lot less hours in the winter, hard to move on with company, Dick Sporting Goods owns them and seem to be closing them down due to low sales.
Retail Management Position - Just like all of the rest..
Hardlines Manager/ PGA Professional (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 14, 2016
While working as the Hardlines Manager, I consistently felt a lack of growth. There is a major disconnect between Corporate offices and store level activities.

The work week isn't terrible, but you are required to work most weekends.
Pros
40 hour work week
Cons
lack direction at store level, with no real ideas for growth
Bad second job option!
sales-PT (Former Employee) –  MiamisburghJune 13, 2016
I was the first new employee hired at the Miamisburg location even before the store opened. At first it was great, I did learn a lot about golf even though I was an avid golfer. I told the young manager that I had a full time day job that included rotating weekends. He was aware of this before I accepted the position. When the store opened it was very busy, I worked mostly afternoon/evening hours and some on the weekends I was off from FT job. All of the sudden there were mandatory meetings that were always during the morning before the store opened. I reminded them I work and please keep me informed of any new changes. He actually had the nerve to write me up for missing meetings when he knew I had a FT job, he even said that he knew I could not make it but had to do it anyway to be fair to other employees. If you like young, micro-managers with no integrity then Miamisburg is for you. I'm sure that manager is gone now but beware if you seek a few extra hours in a hobby you love.
Pros
Learn about latest golf trends, weak employee discount( its a discount though)
Cons
Weak, inexperienced management.
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 5, 2016
I learned a lot about golf equipment and all the different types of set ups that there can be for customers. I really enjoyed the whole group of guys and gals I worked with. It was a lot of and always getting to try the new clubs.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
nothing really
Learned a new trade in the golf industry
Player's Assistant/Club Tech (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 31, 2016
My time spent at Golf Galaxy, regardless of how un-enjoyable it was, allowed me to build my golf resume by adding on certified fitter and certified club technician.
Pros
full time
Cons
Overworked and underpaid, really though.
Fast Pace Environment with High Values
Apparel Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2016
A great place to learn about the wonderful game of golf. On a daily basis I enjoy working with a team of golf professionals, PGA pros to Vendor Specialist, in order to best meet the needs of customers.
Pros
Wonderful golf benefits, like working with PGA pros and vendor specialist.
Cons
Business slows after golf season, during winter months.
Fun atmosphere
PGA Pro, Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 7, 2016
Great co workers in a fun environment, little pay for some of the things you have to deal with but overall a great experience
Great Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 10, 2015
I loved working at the store. I other co workers were awesome, we all became good friends and played golf together several times during the good seasons.
Fun place to work
Player's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 2, 2015
As a player's assistant I talked to customer's and helped them find the golf equipment they needed. The most enjoyable part was communicating with other's about something I was so passionate about. The hardest part about the job was not being able to help everyone. I learned friendliness and communication is very important when helping others.
Pros
Flexibility, staff, discount
Cons
Benefits, pay
Talk golf with customers and here great stories
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2015
Take care of your specific area, clean, fold clothes, clean shelves, help with trucks and unload onto the sales floor. Take customers on there merchandise choice and let them hit in range.
Pros
Great place to work for avid golfer
Cons
Too much down time waiting for customers
Good products with a lack of salesmanship
Sales Manager and former Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 6, 2015
This company changed while I worked there. After it was bought out, all the salesman were turned into clerks that just tasked until a customer approached them for help. Before, they were very proactive in finding the customers and making sure they met all their needs. Payroll was cut to such a point that managers became cashiers.
Pros
Carry all the pro line goods
Cons
no longer a proactive staff
Hardlines Manager
Hardlines Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford Valley, PAMay 14, 2015
Solid work place but they dont care about there people but the benefits are solid and priced right. But Dicks has put a hard life on galaxy and dont think it will be around much longer
Fun job
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 19, 2015
Great employees and management. Fun work environment. Very flexible schedule options. Would love to work for this company again.
It was a good place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYApril 5, 2015
Pleasant environment. Pleasure to help customers. Management was reasonably attentive to the needs of the workers.Management was good at training the workers about the computer aspects of the job.
Very cool place to work
Player's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 15, 2015
A very fun but chill place to work. Laid back, but it is very possible to stay busy between customers, club repair, and changing the layouts of the floor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golf Galaxy. Our community is ready to answer.