Golf Galaxy

Golf Galaxy United States Employee Reviews

It was a good place to work
Sales (Former Employee), Westbury, NYApril 5, 2015
Pleasant environment. Pleasure to help customers. Management was reasonably attentive to the needs of the workers.Management was good at training the workers about the computer aspects of the job.
Very cool place to work
Player's Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 15, 2015
A very fun but chill place to work. Laid back, but it is very possible to stay busy between customers, club repair, and changing the layouts of the floor.
Fun place to work meet all kinds of people
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: everything, equipment, people, knowledge
Cons: only working part time
I enjoy working at Golf Galaxy because I have a very in-depth knowledge of golf and equipment. Meeting and talking to people is what makes my job interesting. I have learned so many different and interesting skills in club repair and fitting. My manages Tom, Roger and John are always willing to talk or help out if issues come up. They treat me as an equal and make me feel like an important part of the team. My co-workers are a fun bunch and very knowledgeable, always willing to help in any way. The hardest part of my job is when a customer doesn't want to talk to me, I am never pushy or rude. I always greet them with a smile and hope I help them in some way to make their experience with Golf Galaxy a great one. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see the customer smile and thank me for sharing my knowledge and making there golf game a lot more fun, also when they fill out the survey on the back of their receipt to see what input they may have.
I am working in something I enjoy and look forward to going to work each day. The company is owned by a big box company.
General Manager (Current Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 8, 2015
I manage all operations of the store. I am responsible for over 20 employees and an operation over 15,000 square feet. The best part of the job is not knowing what will happen every day as every day every customer is different.
Great Place to work
Players Assistant (Current Employee), Springdale, OHJanuary 21, 2015
If you like golf this is a great place to work. You will be surrounded by fun people who enjoy the same things that you do. The managers are fantastic, helpful, and friendly. I've learned a lot about working with customers as well as specifics about equipment during my time at golf galaxy.
Fun environment with great people.
Hardlines Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fairview Heights, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: all golf and sports all the time
Cons: growth within the company seems slow
A typical day at work involves having to be knowledgeable for customers and be up to date on all the latest equipment. I have to be able to answer any questions a customer might have. If there is something that I do not know, there is a great team of managers and coworkers to help me out. I will also have to fit people for golf clubs and get them into the best equipment for their own personal game. I wouldn't really say there is a hard part to my job, it is always fun. Its hard to complain when you get to talk about golf and sports all day with not just your coworkers but your customers as well.
Very strict rigid work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNNovember 11, 2014
Least enjoyable place I have worked, even with my personal love for Golf.

Felt more like a number than a person.

Managers were only concerned with money / sales.
work in an industry fueled by passion
General Manager (Current Employee), united statesOctober 29, 2014
Pros: most customers, talking about your passions
Cons: work life balance, poor payroll model for service expectations
it is what you make it however poor payroll model for service expectations.
Fun challenging workplace
District Manager, South District (Former Employee), HoustonAugust 21, 2014
A great place to work with a culture of employee engagement and customer service
Retail...Need I say more.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 21, 2014
After the buyout by Dick's Sporting Goods, the culture changed. It is now all about making the store look good, not necessarily helping customers.
This was a great place to work.
Hardlines Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2014
Pros: worked with all the latest technology in the golf industry.
Cons: not a lot of room for advancement. bonuses never materialized.
I had the opportunity to help a great deal of customers on a day to day basis. I really enjoyed watching customers leave the store smiling. There was really no hard part to this job. The only issue I would say about this company is that they don't promote from within. They hire bench managers to run their stores and have a high turnover rate for store managers. I did learn to do custom fittings for clubs as well as golf balls. I learned a lot more about golf than I thought I knew and I am a very avid golfer.
Cutomer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 29, 2014
Good company to work for. Customer service, sale equipment to customers and handle money.
One of the top ten companies to work for
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJApril 15, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: down sizing
Friendly, helpful management. Excellent work conditions, labs and offices. plenty of opportunities to advance.
a good job
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 3, 2014
Pros: discount golf apparel
Cons: weak benefits
a very routine job and little pay. The co-workers were great. Although there was a lot of managerial oversight. I liked the job and I was able to help golfers with the equipment aspect of the sport. I would recommend this position to people that are interested in the latest golf news and trends.
Opportunity for overtime was always there. Worked great with personal schedule.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2014
Golf galaxy was great at working with my personal schedule. Fellow co-workers made the day fun and go by fast.
Great discounts on store merchandise.
Working with new customers everyday was exciting.
Excellent Workplace
Players Assistant (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 10, 2014
The entire team at this particular Golf Galaxy is knowledgeable, fun to work with, and respectful of class schedules when you are in school.
Along with being a senior manager I am also a PGA Class A member which helped tremendously when helping customers.
General Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: merchandise discounts
Cons: work hours & pay scale
The company had much pressure from parent company to perform, therefore the demands on GM's time and store performance was unrealistic and unpredictable from day to day.
The most fun job I've ever had. Golfers helping golfers.
Players Assistant (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: try out all the new stuff for the game.
Cons: your not there to work on your own game.
If you have a passion for the game of golf and enjoy hearing and sharing your experiences this would be the company to work for.
eh
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Christiana, DEFebruary 17, 2014
ok enviorment, if you love golf, but do not expect to get to play
Fun environment to work,
General Manager (Former Employee), Westbury, NYDecember 23, 2013
Pros: good retail environment, golf was usually the topic of discussion
General Manager, dealt with all issues of a retail store. Manages 25 employees

1 2 3

About Golf Galaxy

At Golf Galaxy, golf is more than just a business - it's an unshakable passion that is clearly reflected in our stores and by – Read more

Golf Galaxy Salaries