Golfsmith International Employee Reviews

Not a Bad place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJJune 18, 2015
Despite some sore sports in the way the company works overall it is a good place to work. I would gladly work there again in the future.
review
Store Manager (Current Employee), Newark, DEJune 5, 2015
Pros: flexable schedule
Cons: Managers work sometimes 60 our weeks
Golfsmith can be a fun filled environment, like any job it has its pro's and con's but the overall rating from me ould be 4 out if 5
good stable workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 31, 2015
Pros: good work life balance, very flexible, uses dayforce app
Cons: shorter work hours during wintertime
Great company to work for

need to be able to provide excellent customer service at all times
must be willing to really learn products
Fun place to work
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 5, 2015
It was a fun place to work
a typical day was awesome
I would recommend anyone to work here
Tell everyone you know
I enjoyed the competition and management was very knowledgeable
My coworkers were especially helpful
Productive company that balances work and life.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 29, 2015
Golfsmith is a company that has adapted over the years. It has done a good job establishing relationships with its vendors. Golfsmith is attempting to stay relevent in the specialized golf industry. I believe in the markets of larger competitors will be their biggest challenge.
Fun and exciting work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Troy, MIMarch 2, 2015
Pros: golf club discounts
Cons: commission based competition
Golfsmith offers great benefits and perks to all its employees. They offer commission to Sales Associates such as myself. The management is great with solving customer and employee conflicts and issues.
Great Work Environment
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), AkronFebruary 26, 2015
The environment is great. Lots of opportunity to advance. Great team effort helps make it a fun work place. All of the contest make it a competitive sales environment. Tons of information at your fingertips to learn at your own speed. If you love golf this is a job for you!
friendly environment for people who love golf
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 8, 2014
face to face help for people looking to better their golf game.
Poorly led organization in a struggling industry
Web Merchant (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 27, 2014
This is a poorly led organization in a struggling industry.
Awesome place to work if you are a golf enthusiast
Manager (Former Employee), AustinOctober 11, 2014
I worked with and learned from very intelligent and creative people. Leadership should listen to past and current employees. There is no accountability to low performers.
Golfsmith
Merchandise Coordinator - Women's Apparel (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Golfsmith is nice for an entry level job. It is difficult to move up as there are not very many positions. They pay is less than desirable for all that you are expected to do.
Productive environment with great team!
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: casual dress code, steady work, team oriented
Cons: not much room for advancement and/or raises.
The management and employees made me feel welcome from the start. This is a place where one can learn the tricks of the trade in a timely matter. Fast paced work, fun atmostphere and a genuine emphasis on team and teamwork. Great for students and full timers alike.
Great environment to work in!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Timonium, MDAugust 9, 2014
Pros: great discounts
If you love golf, you will love this job! This is a specialty environment to work in both in golf and customer service.
Good learning experience
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: exposed to variety of departments
Cons: no room for advancement
Great place to learn variety of aspects of departments, but no room for advancement.
Repetitive type of work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 11, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: production work slows down
learned about different golf clubs

fast past on the assembly line

very nice people to work with
productive and serious work place
puller/packer (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 30, 2014
Pros: healthcare, pay
Cons: oracle system
a day at work would start at 7am printing orders ranging from 1000 to 2000 orders, sorting them and getting them ready to be put on the line. once put on the line I would begin pulling items. scanning barcode on the order form then making sure barcode was correct on the item. each order had its own bin so once order was complete it would get sent down the conveyers to the packing area where then it would be checked and confirmed that all items were pulled and correct. we would then make a label box it up and ship it out. only issues I would have is when something was out of stock, then I would have to go search in different departments to find the items.
Not a bad company for your first job
Distribution Center Shipping Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 2, 2014
Pros: good people willing to go beyond required to keep company in business
Cons: salary not to industry standards, benefits were not as comparable as other companies in similar arena
worked about 50 hrs a week as a manager and some weekends depending on the business needs
have employees for over 10 to 15 yrs working in the distribution center and call center areas only
management really does not give you the proper training for a Supervisor and above position. You have to learn most of your job on the fly or by trail and error.
FUN core values. Free access to driving range and putting green, Employee discounts, decent insurance plan
Digital Imaging Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 20, 2014
Pros: health insurance, fun environment, great staff, location is close to home
Cons: poor merit increases (1%), not many opportunities for promotions, no yearly bonuses
A typical day at work would consist of a quick creative brief with the art directors and studio manager. I would then check my Outlook for assignments from the production artists and get started on editing images or I will be clipping paths for our web/print images. On occasion the in-house photographer will ask me to help him photograph some of the e-commerce items in order to meet his deadline. Also, the studio manager will give me a min of two videos which would have a 24 hrs or less turnaround (mostly to be posted of company's in-house or social media) to be cut and formatted. My coworkers are amazing and I have created a kinship bond. The hardest part of the job is time management of which projects are priority even though I have met all deadlines to date. The other difficult thing is that there are too many art directors which can make it confusing on specific instructions when everyone is telling you something different. Unfortunately, Golfsmith has not developed a simpler method to correct this issue. The most enjoyable part of the job is the creativity which is allowed by all employees to voice and be heard. We are all allowed to take an idea and lead the project.
High Volume and Energy
Customization and Repairs Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: works around your schedule
Cons: product availability
Its a huge store so you have to be on your toes to keep up with the traffic.
High End Retail
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great discounts
Cons: long hours, hardly any time off
Typical work day as a manager we had different shifts had a large staff with a great environment. Hardest part of job is long hours and retail. You don't have holidays off pretty much in retail. I enjoyed the job got tired of the retail aspect of it