Golfsmith

Golfsmith Employer Reviews

retail environment
Retail Customer Service and Inventory Controls (Former Employee), Plano txMay 19, 2014
Pros: 8-5 with weekends off
Cons: low pay and no path for advancement
Managed inflow of new product from warehouse. Worked on floor with product displays and retail sales.
GREAT COMPANIE TO WORK FOR IF STUDENT
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 18, 2014
There are no standard operating procedures written down so mistakes and problems seem to occur easily, and the frontlines bear the brunt of customer dissatisfaction as a result. Back office people don't take ownership for the issues that they generate, and the issues are seem to be repeated multiple times.
Extremely fast paced environment with ever changing priorities
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches, employee discounts
Cons: no cafeteria, no gym/shower rooms
1. The priorities and requirements keep changing, so one has to constantly juggle the responsibilities.
2. I learnt a lot about Retail business and there is scope to learn more.
3. Top management is aggressive and demanding.
4. Co-workers are cooperative and knowledgeable.
5. Hardest part of the job is to manage expectations of upper management and – more... constantly deal with strict deadlines.
6. Its fun to work with the business. – less
Very Productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 15, 2014
Learned alot about the sport more, and also the products, Hardest part of the job is trying to explain to the customer about the clubs.
could have been better if i wasnt female
Head Cashier (Former Employee), san diego, caJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: decent hours
Cons: management is very inexperienced
This place is a great place to work with a lot of the other staff members who are older, but if you're a woman you won't go very far easily, there are not upper management that is female really
Positive, family-like atmosphere between coworkers, and a productive environment.
Sales Associate/Tennis Pro (Former Employee), San FranciscoDecember 3, 2013
Pros: friendly coworkers and great manager. learned valuable skills (ie. tennis racquet stringing)
Once I clocked in at work, I would get started immediately. I was the tennis racquet stringer, so I would usually have a bunch of racquets to string by the time I left. In between racquets, I would help customers with products, ring them up, and try to help out my coworkers. All of the employees respected each other and had a friendly relationship. – more... If someone needed help, they would get it from another coworker that was available. I always felt lucky that I had one of the best managers I ever had. He was a good leader, but if things were going slow, he could also step in and pick up the slack. This was the overall mentality that rubbed off on all the employees, which made for a overall pleasurable work experience. The hardest part of the job was during the holidays and summer. We were a hot spot for tourists because we were in the heart of downtown San Francisco, so during those times the store would get the busiest and sometimes we would be understaffed. When that happened, each of us would have to do everything double-time. – less
Fast-paced and enjoyable work environment!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAOctober 5, 2013
A typical work day would consist of working with 15-20 different customers to guide them in the best fit purchase.
I learned patience and the overall value of customer satisfaction.
My managers were very easy to understand and work for.
Co-workers always had a positive attitude.
golfsmith
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 31, 2013
excellent people to work with. learned a lot abut the sport of golf. hrs and pay were decent as well
Cheap Labor is all there looking for
Sales Caddy (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 29, 2013
Pay is horrible starting at 8 bucks an hour, oh but wait they said you get commission. That's a joke too, if you sell a 350 dollar driver you may get 2 bucks if your lucky.
Productive work place.
Apparel Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FloridaJanuary 11, 2013
A typical day at work I help costumers find anything they might need.
Nice place to work to kick start your career
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee), Austin, Tx.January 5, 2013
Pros: very carefree workplace
Cons: the pay wage is low.
I like the people here and the work load is not demanding. Management seems to favor one person over another and it takes a while before you qualify for full time. Very lay back atmosphere and they don't micromanage. If you want to get any experience in business and retail, this is the place for you.
Don't Work Here
Cashier (Current Employee), Pleasant Hill, CANovember 7, 2012
New Building and Horrible Management. No one knows whats really going on and when they do find out it takes them like a month to fix it and by then something else has a problem.
Enjoyable
associate (Current Employee), wisconsinOctober 10, 2012
A multi-tasking environment with seasonal business. If you enjoy golf, this is an obivous great place to come and work everyday.
Golfsmith is the world's largest golf superstore for golf clubs, golf equipment, golf accessories, golf gear, golf clothing and apparel.
ColdFusion Developer (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 10, 2012
As a part of Golfsmith, I am one of the key players in developing intranet applications for different groups in the firm

Golfer – December 17, 2012

This seems like a advertisement for Golfsmith not a review?

Love Golf, hated working for Golfsmith.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), LAOctober 3, 2012
Pros: golf
Cons: corporate greed and taking advantage of salaried employees.
I worked for 2 years as a operations manager, then was promoted to Sales Manager after 6 months. The company is based out of Austin, Texas. Not sure if this is why they were able to make managers work over 60-70 per week without a break, but they did. Also rarely could take a real lunch break.

The training is laughable. It takes place in Austin with – more... an ex Male Cheerleader, yes male. He will show you the movie "FISH", that basically shows people at Fisherman Warf in Seattle love there jobs despite very low pay. It is much like a brainwashing session than anything. Most managers there will tell you stories of being the only one to open and close a store weeks on end without help or extra pay as managers are salaried employees. They will dangle a $500 bonus at you, then say we change the guidelines and will not give it out.

Basically this is a greedy corporation that is trying to be biggest Golf chain in the US. But they are not because of their corporate greed and better managed competition. – less
Best place I've worked
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), East Northport, New YorkAugust 10, 2012
There is nothing I could not say that would be positive about this job. I got to work in sales with people that were interested in the sport of Golf. I loved selling golf equipment and the management was great, opportunities are endless with commissions and just an overall amazing job to have.
Good introduction to retail
cashier (Former Employee), hollywood,flMay 22, 2012
Pros: learn valuable job expierience
Cons: understaffed, short breaks, underapreciated
My time at golfsmith had its good and bad moments . i learned valuable experience working as a cashier . I was trained to use p.o.s , manually use credit cards , take checks etc.... as far as the retail aspect i was trained pretty well . The amount of hours was lacking and were also distributed unfairly . Rarely did i ever hear i was doing a good job – more... and most of the employees felt the same . All and all it was not a bad job for the experience. – less
Could be better
Store Order filler (Current Employee), Austin TexasFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: great people, upbeat some days
Cons: could pay more, sorry managment, short breaks
Its a great work place people are outgoing but some tend to have attitudes. The money could be better but I guess depending on the department. There should be more pay for store order fillers. Managments isnt the greatest you'll soon find out anyone can be a manager. There are some resonable ones there.
Look elsewhere
Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 25, 2011
Slow moving, bad culture, bad senior management, high turnover

About Golfsmith

Golfsmith International Holdings, Inc. (Golfsmith Holdings) is the parent company of Golfsmith International, Inc. (Golfsmith). – Read more