Golfsmith Employee Reviews

Good Company
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 31, 2017
I enjoyed working with Golfsmith. Only reason for leaving would be the fact that business was slow and there were not enough hours going around for employees. Great leads and managers.
Fun environment
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 28, 2017
Worked with a great group of people, eager to move you up through the program if you show initiative in the job. Gain major knowledge about leading golf companies and advanced knowledge about golf equipment.
Pros
great discounts, certifications for clubbuilding
Cons
few full time positions, low benefits, poor compensation
Great Staff and MAnagment
Cashier as well as a Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 19, 2017
Great management. very flexible and helpful. Training was extensive and encouraging. Staff felt like family and very tight knit and worked well together.
Pros
long break
Cons
lots of moving around and walking
Fun while it lasted
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
Golfsmith was a great place to work, great management, and easy shifts. You would greet customers, sell clubs and accessories, and clean up the store.
Pros
Long Breaks, Frequent Down Time, Simple Duties
Cons
Bankruptcy
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 17, 2017
Golfsmith was a good work environment and everyone I worked with was very friendly. I would recommend the job to others as well because of the flexible nature.
Loved the work place I was in.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJune 4, 2017
Amazing management and staff. I learned more about the game of golf than I knew. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people improve their game and working with such amazing management and people.
Fast-Paced Environment with Room to Learn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 28, 2017
Overall, it was a fun job. The people were usually very nice, and there was always something to do. The best part of the job, to me, was working in the tour shop. It was very hands on.
Golfsmith was a great place to work for long period of time and took care of their employees.
Sales and Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 22, 2017
Golfsmith taught me how to be a customer Service and Sales Agent and made me want to continue in this field of business for the years to come. The management team I had relayed trade secrets and coached me through the years that now I feel comfortable helping the younger generations in this business to grow and prosper and to help the company reach success and make profit and have camaraderie while doing so. I will always be thankful for my time at this job.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Mandatory Overtime, however if I did not have plans for the evening this was sometimes considered a Pro!
Retail Manager Responsiblities
Operation Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 19, 2017
This is one of the best companies I have worked for because they were open to new ideas and were willing to listen to employees concerns. State of the art facilities.
Pros
great working enviornment and easy to work with coorporate
Cons
Good place to work if they didn't file bankruptcy and put us all out of work
ASM (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2017
Sad they sold to Dick's and not World Wide Golf, and put us all out of work. Great discounts for employees. Good staff! Great location. Customer for the most part were great
Pros
Great employee discounts
Cons
Put me pout of work

Want to know more about Golfsmith?

Ask a question
A very nice place to work
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYMarch 27, 2017
Probably the easiest job I had. Managers were great. After i finished my job I helped out with in other areas. Hardest part was not able to make a living on the salary I was getting.
golfsmith review
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 17, 2017
Always should be working or on your toes. I was always running around to make sure everything was finished before the end of my shift. Most of the time I was covering for a call out or fixing the mistakes of fellow employees. As a receiver it was hard for me to make hours because my hours were either cut short or there was not enough for me to do to stay my full shift. there was times I helped in other departments to add hours I needed.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
hours cut consistantly
Too big of stores
Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 15, 2017
The size and number of stores was too big for a golf retail to profit.

It was enjoyable to work with customers and help fix problems for them so they were happy with the experience.
Positive Working Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 13, 2017
My employment at Golfsmith was a short but positive one. I learned many of the crucial sales skills I intent to use in my career. I am grateful for my time with the company and I was sad to see it go out of business.
I've always worked like my boss was watching
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 18, 2017
I got my first job when I was 15 at golf driving range/family fun center. My very first task was to pick weeds all day on the miniature golf courses. This was actually done to see if I'd stick around, they were surprised I came back the next day. I stayed at the job for just about 10 years when the business was closed. Throughout the years I went from the kid who picked weeds and collected golf balls to: inside pro shop sales; pro shop sales manager; assistant site manager; and then finally I was the General Manager the last two years. I strive to make myself better and advance myself in any position.
Work environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 13, 2017
Great company to get valuable experience in management. Unfortunately its out of business and was a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Work in golf industry
Cons
Went out of business
Great while it lasted
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYFebruary 7, 2017
Great job great company. I wish it would have lasted longer. The customers that came through the door where a pleasure to deal with. I hope for my next opportunity to be just as good.
Good Position
cashier + call center (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2017
Great work experience with many new things to learn. I aspired to learn more about retail,customer service, and communication. It was worth the experience to be employed by Golfsmith.
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJanuary 4, 2017
As a sales associate I found the ability to truly help customers very rewarding. The management staff were extremely helpful.
Struggling Company in Struggling Industry
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MADecember 23, 2016
The company did not evolve with the changes in the industry and ultimately went bankrupt. A company that was built on service failed as it chased after retail sales with high quantity discount philosophy.
Pros
Fun Industry
Cons
Poor Service Culture