Golfsmith

Golfsmith Employer Reviews

Day and life of a Golfsmith Employee
Master Club fitter/Commissioned Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2014
Pros: lunch, deals on clubs, meet great customers.
Cons: commission rates are terrible.
Typical work day is helping all customers who come into the store location find what they need and to make sure the product will work best for their needs. If there are no customers in the store duties will consist of cleaning, organizing new product, restocking the inventory ect. Management is what anyone would expect in a retail environment, you will – more... have some good bosses and poor ones. Co-workers at my job have all been great. Hardest part of the job is the pay and trying to make a living. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping other improve as golfers and understand that in the end its just a game! – less
Inconsitant, break labor laws, management is terrible
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), CaliforniaOctober 14, 2014
Pros: there are none
Cons: terrible place to work
Avoid this company if you can. They are based in Texas and are cheap and steal your labor. They don't give breaks, they take back hours they promised you and they did it right before Chistmas. The upper management didn't take a hit at all. They got a bonus! Terrible employers!
Operations manager
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: golf discounts
Cons: advancement
open and close store.
drive sales.
work with team.
marketing.
events sales and team performance.
Love this company and my coworkers.
Cashier (Current Employee), Mission Valley, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: coworkers are cool, pay is fine, hours are flexible
Cons: sometimes not as many hours as you want
I've been working for this company about a year and a half now. I love the atmosphere and the people I work with. Smoothest retail job I've ever had. Sometimes, I feel that my hours are never going to get better or that I won't advance, but I still feel like I am a part of a team and that my part in the team is important. Very awesome company.
Good
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 3, 2014
Working at golfsmith is good. i have learned a lot since working there
Fun and Innovative
General Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: work with golf.
Golfsmith is a retail chain. The company is like any other retail except they sell golf. If you love golf, you will love Golfsmith. They would do anything for golfers. Working here can be fun and rewarding. You have the ability to be your own person.
Fun golf store with good enviornment
Cashier (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 21, 2014
Selling golf clubs to customers and custom fitting clubs to tailor them. Customer service and checking out customers at register.
NA
General Manager (Current Employee), Lexington, SCJuly 1, 2014
Great place to work with many advancement opportunities. Very good compensation combined with great upper management. A very fun place to work.
retail environment
Retail Customer Service and Inventory Controls (Former Employee), Plano txMay 19, 2014
Pros: 8-5 with weekends off
Cons: low pay and no path for advancement
Managed inflow of new product from warehouse. Worked on floor with product displays and retail sales.
GREAT COMPANIE TO WORK FOR IF STUDENT
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 18, 2014
There are no standard operating procedures written down so mistakes and problems seem to occur easily, and the frontlines bear the brunt of customer dissatisfaction as a result. Back office people don't take ownership for the issues that they generate, and the issues are seem to be repeated multiple times.
Extremely fast paced environment with ever changing priorities
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches, employee discounts
Cons: no cafeteria, no gym/shower rooms
1. The priorities and requirements keep changing, so one has to constantly juggle the responsibilities.
2. I learnt a lot about Retail business and there is scope to learn more.
3. Top management is aggressive and demanding.
4. Co-workers are cooperative and knowledgeable.
5. Hardest part of the job is to manage expectations of upper management and – more... constantly deal with strict deadlines.
6. Its fun to work with the business. – less
Very Productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 15, 2014
Learned alot about the sport more, and also the products, Hardest part of the job is trying to explain to the customer about the clubs.
could have been better if i wasnt female
Head Cashier (Former Employee), san diego, caJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: decent hours
Cons: management is very inexperienced
This place is a great place to work with a lot of the other staff members who are older, but if you're a woman you won't go very far easily, there are not upper management that is female really
Positive, family-like atmosphere between coworkers, and a productive environment.
Sales Associate/Tennis Pro (Former Employee), San FranciscoDecember 3, 2013
Pros: friendly coworkers and great manager. learned valuable skills (ie. tennis racquet stringing)
Once I clocked in at work, I would get started immediately. I was the tennis racquet stringer, so I would usually have a bunch of racquets to string by the time I left. In between racquets, I would help customers with products, ring them up, and try to help out my coworkers. All of the employees respected each other and had a friendly relationship. – more... If someone needed help, they would get it from another coworker that was available. I always felt lucky that I had one of the best managers I ever had. He was a good leader, but if things were going slow, he could also step in and pick up the slack. This was the overall mentality that rubbed off on all the employees, which made for a overall pleasurable work experience. The hardest part of the job was during the holidays and summer. We were a hot spot for tourists because we were in the heart of downtown San Francisco, so during those times the store would get the busiest and sometimes we would be understaffed. When that happened, each of us would have to do everything double-time. – less
Fast-paced and enjoyable work environment!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAOctober 5, 2013
A typical work day would consist of working with 15-20 different customers to guide them in the best fit purchase.
I learned patience and the overall value of customer satisfaction.
My managers were very easy to understand and work for.
Co-workers always had a positive attitude.
golfsmith
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 31, 2013
excellent people to work with. learned a lot abut the sport of golf. hrs and pay were decent as well
Cheap Labor is all there looking for
Sales Caddy (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 29, 2013
Pay is horrible starting at 8 bucks an hour, oh but wait they said you get commission. That's a joke too, if you sell a 350 dollar driver you may get 2 bucks if your lucky.
Productive work place.
Apparel Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FloridaJanuary 11, 2013
A typical day at work I help costumers find anything they might need.
Nice place to work to kick start your career
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee), Austin, Tx.January 5, 2013
Pros: very carefree workplace
Cons: the pay wage is low.
I like the people here and the work load is not demanding. Management seems to favor one person over another and it takes a while before you qualify for full time. Very lay back atmosphere and they don't micromanage. If you want to get any experience in business and retail, this is the place for you.
Don't Work Here
Cashier (Current Employee), Pleasant Hill, CANovember 7, 2012
New Building and Horrible Management. No one knows whats really going on and when they do find out it takes them like a month to fix it and by then something else has a problem.

About Golfsmith

Golfsmith International Holdings, Inc. (Golfsmith Holdings) is the parent company of Golfsmith International, Inc. (Golfsmith). – Read more