Golfsmith

Golfsmith Employer Reviews

Great place to learn
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 3, 2015
It is a fun place to work for, busy or slow theres always something to do. You get to meet a lot of people from all over the world.
productive, fun, played tennis
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free time playing tennis
Cons: food, short breaks
typical day was cleaning the store in the mornings, got the golf equipment ready for sale the management was wonderful very nice and helpful co-workers were great everyone worked great together and were helpful the hardest part would have to be when it was time to go we had to put everything back and the most enjoyable part was when we were able to play some golf and tennis with everyone.
Aright mess to be in.
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: no time clock or micromanagement.
Cons: very little room for advancement.
That place is very disorganized. The network is always having issues. Printer never work. Security is very 'lax'. Work can be slow one minute then your drowning the next. Sometimes you get a request for a new hire computer on Friday 3pm and they start Monday morning. If you want to learn the ropes with other stuff they let you have access to everything, just about.
Awesome for golf lovers
Sales Associate/Master Club Fitter (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: golf simulators and practice green
Cons: no real cons
If you are a golfer you should love this place! great hours, fun environment. The hardest part of the job is trying not to play golf. You are surrounded by it and you are always tempted to play in the simulators.
anything for golf
Floor Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Spring, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: dissconts free lessons
Cons: open shifts or closing shift not a lot of advicing up
don't get paid much, retail, weekends hrs. are a must. but you will meet all types of great people customers and co workers. you get free golftec lessons discount on everthing
Day and life of a Golfsmith Employee
Master Club fitter/Commissioned Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2014
Pros: lunch, deals on clubs, meet great customers.
Cons: commission rates are terrible.
Typical work day is helping all customers who come into the store location find what they need and to make sure the product will work best for their needs. If there are no customers in the store duties will consist of cleaning, organizing new product, restocking the inventory ect. Management is what anyone would expect in a retail environment, you will have some good bosses and poor ones. Co-workers at my job have all been great. Hardest part of the job is the pay and trying to make a living. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping other improve as golfers and understand that in the end its just a game!
Inconsitant, break labor laws, management is terrible
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), CaliforniaOctober 14, 2014
Pros: there are none
Cons: terrible place to work
Avoid this company if you can. They are based in Texas and are cheap and steal your labor. They don't give breaks, they take back hours they promised you and they did it right before Chistmas. The upper management didn't take a hit at all. They got a bonus! Terrible employers!
Operations manager
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: golf discounts
Cons: advancement
open and close store.
drive sales.
work with team.
marketing.
events sales and team performance.
Love this company and my coworkers.
Cashier (Current Employee), Mission Valley, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: coworkers are cool, pay is fine, hours are flexible
Cons: sometimes not as many hours as you want
I've been working for this company about a year and a half now. I love the atmosphere and the people I work with. Smoothest retail job I've ever had. Sometimes, I feel that my hours are never going to get better or that I won't advance, but I still feel like I am a part of a team and that my part in the team is important. Very awesome company.
Good
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 3, 2014
Working at golfsmith is good. i have learned a lot since working there
Fun and Innovative
General Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: work with golf.
Golfsmith is a retail chain. The company is like any other retail except they sell golf. If you love golf, you will love Golfsmith. They would do anything for golfers. Working here can be fun and rewarding. You have the ability to be your own person.
Fun golf store with good enviornment
Cashier (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 21, 2014
Selling golf clubs to customers and custom fitting clubs to tailor them. Customer service and checking out customers at register.
NA
General Manager (Current Employee), Lexington, SCJuly 1, 2014
Great place to work with many advancement opportunities. Very good compensation combined with great upper management. A very fun place to work.
retail environment
Retail Customer Service and Inventory Controls (Former Employee), Plano txMay 19, 2014
Pros: 8-5 with weekends off
Cons: low pay and no path for advancement
Managed inflow of new product from warehouse. Worked on floor with product displays and retail sales.
GREAT COMPANIE TO WORK FOR IF STUDENT
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 18, 2014
There are no standard operating procedures written down so mistakes and problems seem to occur easily, and the frontlines bear the brunt of customer dissatisfaction as a result. Back office people don't take ownership for the issues that they generate, and the issues are seem to be repeated multiple times.
Extremely fast paced environment with ever changing priorities
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches, employee discounts
Cons: no cafeteria, no gym/shower rooms
1. The priorities and requirements keep changing, so one has to constantly juggle the responsibilities.
2. I learnt a lot about Retail business and there is scope to learn more.
3. Top management is aggressive and demanding.
4. Co-workers are cooperative and knowledgeable.
5. Hardest part of the job is to manage expectations of upper management and constantly deal with strict deadlines.
6. Its fun to work with the business.
Very Productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 15, 2014
Learned alot about the sport more, and also the products, Hardest part of the job is trying to explain to the customer about the clubs.
could have been better if i wasnt female
Head Cashier (Former Employee), san diego, caJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: decent hours
Cons: management is very inexperienced
This place is a great place to work with a lot of the other staff members who are older, but if you're a woman you won't go very far easily, there are not upper management that is female really
Positive, family-like atmosphere between coworkers, and a productive environment.
Sales Associate/Tennis Pro (Former Employee), San FranciscoDecember 3, 2013
Pros: friendly coworkers and great manager. learned valuable skills (ie. tennis racquet stringing)
Once I clocked in at work, I would get started immediately. I was the tennis racquet stringer, so I would usually have a bunch of racquets to string by the time I left. In between racquets, I would help customers with products, ring them up, and try to help out my coworkers. All of the employees respected each other and had a friendly relationship. If someone needed help, they would get it from another coworker that was available. I always felt lucky that I had one of the best managers I ever had. He was a good leader, but if things were going slow, he could also step in and pick up the slack. This was the overall mentality that rubbed off on all the employees, which made for a overall pleasurable work experience. The hardest part of the job was during the holidays and summer. We were a hot spot for tourists because we were in the heart of downtown San Francisco, so during those times the store would get the busiest and sometimes we would be understaffed. When that happened, each of us would have to do everything double-time.
Fast-paced and enjoyable work environment!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAOctober 5, 2013
A typical work day would consist of working with 15-20 different customers to guide them in the best fit purchase.
I learned patience and the overall value of customer satisfaction.
My managers were very easy to understand and work for.
Co-workers always had a positive attitude.

About Golfsmith

Golfsmith International Holdings, Inc. (Golfsmith Holdings) is the parent company of Golfsmith International, Inc. (Golfsmith). – Read more

Golfsmith Salaries