Gompers Habilitation Center Employee Reviews in United States

A place that empowers adults with disabilities.
Habilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2014
As a habilitation technician, I'm responsible for ensuring that clients with barriers to learning are assisted in ways that are fun and innovative. We are a classroom without limitations. My day consists of offloading wheelchairs from transport vans, getting them to their program rooms, and starting to work on their individualized goals. Then I assist them with independent eating. After lunch, we finish our goals and then its up to the client to suggest activities. I complete files and all required daily documentation, incident reports, and summaries. I assist with getting the clients back with their van drivers at the end of the day.
Pros
great work schedule
Cons
compensation, health insurance, lack of advancement opportunities.
Lead Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2013
Being in business 65 years Gompers displays excellent service to individuals with disabilities. They take pride in their work and being able to connect with the clients on a daily basis. Great place to be and among a great group of employees who connect with one another and work as a team.
I loved the people I worked with but not the people I worked for
o Assisted teacher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2013
Management was never on the same page comunication was no where to be found and there was too much drama with supervisors and employees
Great place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2012
Gompers Habilitation Center is a great place. They care about people with disabilities. They treat them like human beings.
Pros
friendship