Gong Gong Communications LLC is seeking a contract sales rep to help us with a short term project. Reps will be selling sponsorships and advertising for an athletics program, however, they will have little to no direct contact with the athletics program (our client).
We are only seeking one sales rep, however we will consider hiring multiple reps if it better suits our needs.
- This project will run from mid-May to mid-August, with the potential for some on-going work after the project's completion. Rep must be able to start immediately.
- Commission is 15% of total net revenue, with a 3% bonus if we meet our sales goals. Based upon our current sales goals, this means the sales rep could earn from $12,000-$17,000 (in 3 months!) if we hit our goals 100%.
- Rep will work from their home and be responsible for their own computer, software, internet, and phone. We will provide an e-mail address and access to our project management/CRM site.
- We'll meet for regular in-person progress meetings at our office in Westerville. If rep needs a place to meet with potential sponsors, we can make our conference room available with advanced notice.
- Rep sets their own hours. You can work as many hours as you think necessary, keeping in mind that the more hours you work, the more sales you can make, and the more money you will make. At least part of your working time must be during normal working hours on weekdays.
- Lead generation (including researching and creating prospect lists)
- Communicating with the rest of the staff and keeping us "in the loop" regarding your leads, sales calls, closures, etc.
- Making telephone calls and in-person visits, as needed
- Establishes, develops, and maintains business relationships for our company and that of our client to ensure easier sales next year
- Clearly communicating with the customer the potential benefits, ROI, value, etc. of the sponsorships
- Handling the post-sale follow up, including basic invoicing, deadline reminders, etc.
- If we hire more than one rep, reps must be able to work well with each other and respect each other's territories as dictated by management
Sales rep would report directly to the owner of the company.
EXPECTATIONS & QUALIFICATIONS
This applicant needs to manage their time well and be self-motivating. There is a very limited time line to complete this project, and we have lofty sales goals. We need to be able to trust that the rep we hire is a self-starter who is dedicated and hardworking. We need a leader who is willing to work hard!
- Must have experience in inside and/or outside sales
- College degree is preferred but not required
- Must be proficient in use of the internet, spreadsheets, e-mail, LinkedIn, and CRMs
- Must have at least a rudimentary understanding of sports and athletics
ABOUT GONG GONG
Gong Gong Communications is a holistic marketing and design firm who works with small business and organizations. We do everything from websites and graphic design to marketing strategy, copywriting, and social media engagement.
Gong Gong is a fun and laid back company, however we are very ambitious and we set high goals.
I'M IN! HOW DO I APPLY?
1. Submit via e-mail:
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- Sales references
2. Complete this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1y70xgfqklSN8-srH8FB8hjCK_TbitGj4J_zND369wNk/viewform
We will be filling this position ASAP, hopefully by May 20th, so please apply quickly. Anyone who does not submit the above items will not be considered! (After all, we want someone who follows instructions!) Please no phone calls!
Indeed - 18 months ago