Gonzaba Medical Group

Gonzaba Medical Group Employee Reviews

Hostile work environment
LVN (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 8, 2016
Favoritism plays a BIG role, no growth, management doesn't listen to their employees, they are family family owned business and has a high turnover rate. The pay is not competitive at all, it a very low pay rate with little if any annual raises. If I could give this work place a negative star rating I would but that wasn't an option.
awful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2016
The experience and knowledge you get from the clinic is good but that is all that is good there. I worked at the main location on pleasanton (I've heard the other clinics are okay) I loved the specific Dr I worked for and my co-workers for the most part but management is horrible. Each day depends on her mood and you get yelled at for no reason unless you are one of the favorites. If you defend yourself once you become under a microscope forever. However they don't actually punish the real bad that goes on there, just sweeps it under the rug. They require more and more work on your part but pay low. They are all about money and not actually about functionality and patient care.
Pros
free lunches, learning enviroment
Cons
management.
Patient Registration Specialist, Gonzaba Medical Group
Patient Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 24, 2015
Greeting all the patients that walk in the clinic & making sure you Checking them in if they have a appointment. the co-workers you work with are amazing. ITS REAL FAMILY, TEAM WORK
Pros
Helping each other
Cons
n/a
family owned business with no growth opportunity
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2015
Mundane job culture
No prospects of job growth
family owned business
less than 30 employees company
high turnover rate
Lack of proper executive team
Pros
laid back culture jeans attire
Cons
low compensation
Very Productive
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2015
Everyday I came into work and be ready to start taking incoming calls from patients. Some of the patients would recognize you from a previous call and that would be nice. I learned that I had to use my listening skills with all the patients. Use of your tone of voice was very important. Management was great, always trying to help us when we needed help and answer any questions for us. Most of the co-workers were very helpful and would work as a team. The hardest part of the job was when you would get an irate and at the end of the call you would change that patient's attitude and the call was an accomplishment. The most enjoyable was when we were not to busy we would have group meeting and go over all the updated news about all the changes. We would have pot luck lunch.
Pros
Free lunch on holidays
Cons
short breaks/ on Mondays we were asked to have lunch while still clocked in due to very busy.
Not Recommended - 2015
RECRUITER - MIDLEVEL PROVIDERS AND SR. MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2015
The honeymoon stage is fantastic! I am not disgruntled, just deeply disillusioned. I researched this company and waited for months for a position there. I was so excited about working for Gonzaba! Every conversation radiated this excitement so strongly that it excited everyone I spoke to! But that was short lived.

There have been recent progressive changes that are more apparent to some than to others. Consideration for a Work Life Balance is a joke. Gonzaba has become a HOSTILE work environment, unless you are a provider. Low morale is obvious and expected in this environment.

"Como Familia" (like family) is not practiced throughout company.

If you apply for a position it could take months to hear back because managment is so disorganized. Can't blame the recruiters, they work hard with people to get people interviewed.

Hardest part of getting a job done is dealing with management/leadership's. Indecisiveness, priorities and delays are major issues.

Employees in general are great people to work with. Conversating with new people everyday and matching the right people for each position is extremely satisfying.

I give Sr. Leadership a "D" rating.
Pros
Healthcare coverage is fantasic
Cons
Sr. Leadership
Fast Pacing Work Enviornment, Front Desk Registration, Muilttasking Medical,Hardworking,OverAchevier.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio Tx , 78221April 26, 2015
-Busy. Fast Pacing, Constantly verifying Insurance's.
-JACHO, Verifying health insurance, CPR.
-Management, Personal.
-Co-workers, Very friendly, One Team, Dependable.
-Hardest part of my job is when a Doctor cancel an appointment without letting the patient know ahead of time, and I would have to be the one to notified the patient about the canceled appointment, Patient would become upset due to the patient needing Re-fills on medications, or results on X-rays.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is the rush and the fast pacing you have to have. Seeing Patient smiles as we help them to the correct doctor's waiting area.
Pros
Incentives, Collections, JACHO
Do not recommend
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2015
I worked as a medical assistant for Gonzaba Medical Group for 2 years. Although I loved the doctor I worked for and our patients, work was often stressful for no reason. The lack of professionalism from management is appalling. They had a select group of staff that was given certain privileges and were above discipline. I was constantly the victim of management until I decided to leave in 2013. Best decision I've made career wise. I should specify that I worked at the main clinic on Pleasanton Rd. I heard the patient services department was much different.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Weekly mandatory meetings about nothing.
Good place to gain alot of knowledge and experience from
Externship/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2015
I did my externship here so I would go in and follow the girl who was training me. I learned a lot from her and then she would have me try on my own I learned how to do EKGs, how to perform different tests. Management was really nice and helpful. I really enjoyed working with the co workers I had. The hardest part of my job was that I don't speak Spanish so we would have lots of Spanish speaking patients so I would have to have help with that. The most enjoyable part I would have to say was greeting the patients and when I would triage them.
Great Management
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2015
I really like my manager and team lead. I work with a great group of people in my department. I've been here for six months, and my manager is the most sweetest and understanding manager. I work in our call center as a Full-Time Dispatch Operator, and with out fail there's never a dull moment that I'm not laughing and enjoying every minute of my 8 hours that I'm here
Pros
Alwyas laughing with a my co-workers
Cons
To far, and not enough pay for the area of town.
Feedback
Case Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TexasNovember 23, 2014
I feel this was pretty fast and very user friendly. I am going to share this with my friends.
Food their most of the time!
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 17, 2014
The time I spent at Gonzaba Medical Group, was a pleasantly time spent with the doctors and staff. The patients when you built their repore, they gave you all their trust. The best part is, is that I became a patient there as well.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
You might have to work weekends.
Great learning and start off point for me.
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 12, 2014
Supervisor and coworkers made learning and processing claims fun,
Excellent work center; very poor management and job culture
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2014
Great work environment in the physical therapy area. Excellent work relationship between PTAs, PT techs and office administration. Very poor support and very little acknowledgement from upper management and owners. Witnessed company support MA week and RT week but never supported Physical Therapy month. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers while helping most of our patients improve their quality of life. Hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to the patients in preparation for permanent physical therapy closure by the company.
Pros
Great work environment within physical therapy spaces.
Cons
"Como Familia" (like family) not practiced throughout company.
PATIENT ADVOCATE (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 3, 2014
Great working envoirment. Everyone follows Como Familia motto.
Gonzaba nice place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2014
Gonzaba Medical Group is a good place to work, but they demand too much for too little of a salary
great clinic awesome and family oriented work environment
Ancillary Coordinator (Former Employee) –  san antonio,txSeptember 26, 2014
busy clinic with many providers to work for. patients are very pleasant most have been patients of the clinic from the very start of Gonzaba. Very team oriented company with many opportunity to gain knowledge in the field you work in.
Pros
great employee holiday parties
Very unfriendly co workers
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Poor management. Unfriendly co workers.No advancement. Expected too much work no raises
Pros
UNFRIENDLY CO WORKERS
Cons
POOR MANAGEMENT
owner is driven by gossip
hr director (Former Employee) –  san antonio txAugust 5, 2014
No job security. Owner bases performance on what other employees gossip about you. Would not recommend this company.
Learning a new skill
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2014
Doing something that you have been study for past 9 months and now its put to the test. Show the skill that you learn is sometimes can be little nervousness and stressful. With the team work at the Gonzaba Medical Group showing that they care about they patients and co-worker. Management on board with answer any questions you may have or give any input .Over come the fear of greeting your patient or talking the doctor. Know that you can do it at the end of your first day.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
only externship

Gonzaba Medical Group Reviews by Location