Gonzaba Medical Group Employee Reviews

Very stressful
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2017
Even though my boss was not the most friendliest but I still liked him. He was funny at times. But you have to have thick skin to work for him. And I did. But he hired someone who want the position but wanted me to do the job.
Pros
Free lunches at times
Cons
Hired help was not the right choice
Not a good company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2017
One big gossip circle. You are either in with management and have a for sure job or your being picked on. Managers are not qualified to be management. Pay is awful!
N/a
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2017
Good people to work with. Just wish the doctors really cared about their patients. The hardest part was being the only operator at night. Needed at least one more to work with me. All the calls come in the evening. When normal work hours for people are 9-5 well at least at lot of people get out at 5 p.m. so that's when the calls start pouring in.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Extremely fast paced, stressful workplace.
Employed Physician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2017
High volume managed Medicare patients. Over abundant paper work for referrals. Poorly performing computer system. Typical family owned business that is top heavy with family members.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Too much managed care
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2017
If you're not a favorite, you're no one. Supervisor's suck, coworkers are awesome. PTO sucks, don't get much. Definitely underpaid for what we do in the clinic.
Good
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2017
Good company good atmosphere . Good pay good benefits good people . Good hours. To much favoritism don't pay Attention . To much blame jjhhfgbnjygvn no more review
Family Practice
Family Nurse Practitioner-BC (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78214July 4, 2017
Large clinic providing family health care to a large portion of Hispanic patients in the San Antonio area, Great place to work. Friendly staff and great patients
good company but
Collector Specialist, Southside Location (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2017
good company to work for, job security is great, work environment can be very strict. the pay is very low. the company is always growing. Gonzaba has it advantages and disadvantages
If you have any self respect, don't work here
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2017
Was a terrible job. Managed care. Hostile environment. Management is belittling, demeaning and completely inappropriate. Training is intense and fast paced. The pay is bare minimum allowed by law.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Everything else
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2017
Not again. Great business. Unhealthy leadership. Owner needs to retire and let his Drs take it to the next level. He is not an A player and creates very hostile environment
Interesting place to work
A/P Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Lots of family drama. If you can survive that then this is a great place to work. Great benefits and perks. this is enough why do I have to type out 150 characters?
benefits
Cons
family drama
Patient Care is Number One
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day involved assisting patients, doctors with patient care, more than 40 co-workers in our area. Hardest part of job was not enough management control always working different shifts due to other co-workers always calling in on Mondays. Most enjoyable was the relationships that evolved with our patients.
Pros
Over time
Cons
No set schedule
Drs are great and you learn something new everyday
Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2017
management has its favorites, theres no confidentiality between staff and management he whole office knew your business when the only person you told was management.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
favoritism
Hostile work environment
LVN (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 8, 2016
Favoritism plays a BIG role, no growth, management doesn't listen to their employees, they are family family owned business and has a high turnover rate. The pay is not competitive at all, it a very low pay rate with little if any annual raises. If I could give this work place a negative star rating I would but that wasn't an option.
awful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2016
The experience and knowledge you get from the clinic is good but that is all that is good there. I worked at the main location on pleasanton (I've heard the other clinics are okay) I loved the specific Dr I worked for and my co-workers for the most part but management is horrible. Each day depends on her mood and you get yelled at for no reason unless you are one of the favorites. If you defend yourself once you become under a microscope forever. However they don't actually punish the real bad that goes on there, just sweeps it under the rug. They require more and more work on your part but pay low. They are all about money and not actually about functionality and patient care.
Pros
free lunches, learning enviroment
Cons
management.
Nice environment
Urgent Care Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2016
Gonzaba was a great place to work with friendly employees and management. Patients seemed to always be pleased with the medical care they received from the medical staff
Patient Registration Specialist, Gonzaba Medical Group
Patient Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 24, 2015
Greeting all the patients that walk in the clinic & making sure you Checking them in if they have a appointment. the co-workers you work with are amazing. ITS REAL FAMILY, TEAM WORK
Pros
Helping each other
Cons
n/a
family owned business with no growth opportunity
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2015
Mundane job culture
No prospects of job growth
family owned business
less than 30 employees company
high turnover rate
Lack of proper executive team
Pros
laid back culture jeans attire
Cons
low compensation
Very Productive
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2015
Everyday I came into work and be ready to start taking incoming calls from patients. Some of the patients would recognize you from a previous call and that would be nice. I learned that I had to use my listening skills with all the patients. Use of your tone of voice was very important. Management was great, always trying to help us when we needed help and answer any questions for us. Most of the co-workers were very helpful and would work as a team. The hardest part of the job was when you would get an irate and at the end of the call you would change that patient's attitude and the call was an accomplishment. The most enjoyable was when we were not to busy we would have group meeting and go over all the updated news about all the changes. We would have pot luck lunch.
Pros
Free lunch on holidays
Cons
short breaks/ on Mondays we were asked to have lunch while still clocked in due to very busy.
Not Recommended - 2015
RECRUITER - MIDLEVEL PROVIDERS AND SR. MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2015
The honeymoon stage is fantastic! I am not disgruntled, just deeply disillusioned. I researched this company and waited for months for a position there. I was so excited about working for Gonzaba! Every conversation radiated this excitement so strongly that it excited everyone I spoke to! But that was short lived.

There have been recent progressive changes that are more apparent to some than to others. Consideration for a Work Life Balance is a joke. Gonzaba has become a HOSTILE work environment, unless you are a provider. Low morale is obvious and expected in this environment.

"Como Familia" (like family) is not practiced throughout company.

If you apply for a position it could take months to hear back because managment is so disorganized. Can't blame the recruiters, they work hard with people to get people interviewed.

Hardest part of getting a job done is dealing with management/leadership's. Indecisiveness, priorities and delays are major issues.

Employees in general are great people to work with. Conversating with new people everyday and matching the right people for each position is extremely satisfying.

I give Sr. Leadership a "D" rating.
Pros
Healthcare coverage is fantasic
Cons
Sr. Leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gonzaba Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9