Gonzaga University Employee Reviews

Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 2, 2017
My typical day as a TA for Gonzaga involves teaching students about manufacturing operations and techniques with welding, a lathe, mill, drill press, etc. I have learned how to vocalize techniques that are difficult to conceptualize without prior experience.
a good place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 15, 2016
The Graduate Assistant work at Gonzaga helps students to learn about work life practices in the real world. The work environment is formal but not very hectic.
First University rotation
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 10, 2016
Gonzaga was a great rotation. I loved the environment and it was an eye-opener to how AT can work with this level of athlete. The ATC were extremely experienced and knowledgeable. I loved my time at Gonzaga university.
Allowed me to improve leadership skills
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 29, 2016
After working here for three years, I have come to appreciate and expand my knowledge on applications such as Microsoft Office, while also giving me a place to advance my CSS skills.
Great place to work!
Assistant Caoch (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 26, 2016
I have had a great time working at Gonzaga University, the work is always challenging and the administration are fantastic!
The community at Gonzaga is a microcosm of some of the best people in the area, everyone is always enthusiastic and supportive.
Research Assistant (Biochemistry) (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 11, 2016
I loved working for Gonzaga and they worked great with my school schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job was the amazing people I was able to be around. My teachers are life long mentors and it was truly a gift to be able to work for some of my favorite teachers.
Collegiate Athlete
On-field leader and motivator (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 28, 2015
Had to balance athletic responsibilities as well as schoolwork. Learned how to manage my time very effectively. Really enjoy being part of a team and achieving common goals.
Nice environment but not worker friendly.
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Philosophy (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 9, 2015
Not very friendly to part-time staff. Much freedom to construct your own courses. Flexible on scheduling classes. I very much loved working with the student body.
Pros
good student attitude and relations
Cons
no health care or benefits. Not very worker friendly.
Fun Place
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 5, 2015
This was a volunteer position, not an employment. I tutored children in mathematics from grades kindergarten through high school.
Productive and enjoyable work place with nice hard working people.
Intramurals Supervisor Internship (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 4, 2015
Gonzaga is a great place to work for college athletics. I really enjoyed the fast pace work environment and the ability to self manage certain situations. I really got along with my co-workers and they made me feel right at home even though I am originally from Wisconsin. The hardest part of the job were the several 14-15 hour days during the basketball season. The most enjoyable part of the job was working around Division 1 college sports.
Pros
free lunches, free dinners, great seats for home games
Cons
long hours, stressful days, lack of days off
Great opportunities and benefits.
Shift Lead (Custodial) (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 12, 2015
I was able to obtain my mechanical engineering degree while working at Gonzaga. The benefits they provide are outstanding! My entire education was at not charge, also they provide all the typical benefits.
Pros
Benefits, Community, People.
Cons
Very Regimented, Low Pay
Navigating Higher Ed as a Non Tenure Track employee
Senior Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 14, 2015
I love teaching at Gonzaga. Love it. And yet finding myself stuck in a non tenure track position means doing the job but being looked down upon by my peers in the department and across the university. Tenured and tenure track professors seem to think the NTT faculty are here to push their teaching numbers skyward so they might take sabbatical and "do important things." They are even worse when newly tenured. There is no funding available for professional growth opportunities. It is assumed NTT faculty aren't interested in research, which I'm sure some of us are very interested.
Pros
The wonderful students, creation of two levels at my position
Cons
Attitude of tenured and tenure track faculty toward NTT and adjunct faculty
A private college
Chinese instructor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 1, 2014
Chinese as one kind of foreign languages at Modern Language Department in Gonzaga University. We teach students language skills and cross cultural understanding. They can transcend linguistic and cultural barriers.
One of the best places I have every worked!
Program Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 30, 2014
The University is a great place to work, its fun relaxing and they take good care of you. The benefits are very good, however the pay and opportunities for advancement are lower because there is very little turnover and its a nonprofit organization.
Great place to work!
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 30, 2014
I worked at Gonzaga University as a state work-study student and I found it to be one of the most rewarding jobs in terms of work-life balance. The people I worked with were laid back and fun, but also hardworking. There was never a routine day in the office which I thought was great! Some days I would have little to do but most days were fairly busy and filled with various tasks in the office, or around the entire campus. The hardest part of my job was never knowing exactly what I was going to do each day, but I found that to be the most enjoyable part to.
A caring and supportive work environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 5, 2014
Instruct courses, design and present lectures, grade and evaluate student performance.
Senior design project
Team member, Winch Drum Team 2014 (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 18, 2014
Provided material selection analysis, fabrication instructions, and CAD parts and drawings for a drum to be used for launching glider planes.
Great place to work, and awesome culture and environment
Gonzaga Ski & Snowboard Treasurer and President (Former Employee) –  SpokaneFebruary 3, 2014
Great place to work, and are able to talk with anyone you want. Even the president.
Wish I could work there forever
Interpreter- Spanish (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 22, 2014
I only worked there for a week. I thought I was just a volunteer but Gonzaga compensated me for my time which was a wonderful surprise. I loved working for this amazing school.
Good first job.
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 16, 2013
Limited advancement and training opportunities were offset by flexibility to learn and grow independently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gonzaga University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7