Gonzaga University

Gonzaga University Employee Reviews

Navigating Higher Ed as a Non Tenure Track employee
Senior Lecturer (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: the wonderful students, creation of two levels at my position
Cons: attitude of tenured and tenure track faculty toward ntt and adjunct faculty
I love teaching at Gonzaga. Love it. And yet finding myself stuck in a non tenure track position means doing the job but being looked down upon by my peers in the department and across the university. Tenured and tenure track professors seem to think the NTT faculty are here to push their teaching numbers skyward so they might take sabbatical and "do important things." They are even worse when newly tenured. There is no funding available for professional growth opportunities. It is assumed NTT faculty aren't interested in research, which I'm sure some of us are very interested.
A private college
Chinese instructor (Former Employee), Spokane, WADecember 1, 2014
Chinese as one kind of foreign languages at Modern Language Department in Gonzaga University. We teach students language skills and cross cultural understanding. They can transcend linguistic and cultural barriers.
One of the best places I have every worked!
Program Assistant III (Former Employee), Spokane, WAOctober 30, 2014
The University is a great place to work, its fun relaxing and they take good care of you. The benefits are very good, however the pay and opportunities for advancement are lower because there is very little turnover and its a nonprofit organization.
Great place to work!
Customer service (Former Employee), Spokane, WASeptember 30, 2014
I worked at Gonzaga University as a state work-study student and I found it to be one of the most rewarding jobs in terms of work-life balance. The people I worked with were laid back and fun, but also hardworking. There was never a routine day in the office which I thought was great! Some days I would have little to do but most days were fairly busy and filled with various tasks in the office, or around the entire campus. The hardest part of my job was never knowing exactly what I was going to do each day, but I found that to be the most enjoyable part to.
A caring and supportive work environment
Instructor (Current Employee), Spokane, WAAugust 5, 2014
Instruct courses, design and present lectures, grade and evaluate student performance.
Senior design project
Team member, Winch Drum Team 2014 (Former Employee), Spokane, WAMay 18, 2014
Provided material selection analysis, fabrication instructions, and CAD parts and drawings for a drum to be used for launching glider planes.
Great place to work, and awesome culture and environment
Gonzaga Ski & Snowboard Treasurer and President (Former Employee), SpokaneFebruary 3, 2014
Great place to work, and are able to talk with anyone you want. Even the president.
Wish I could work there forever
Interpreter- Spanish (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 22, 2014
I only worked there for a week. I thought I was just a volunteer but Gonzaga compensated me for my time which was a wonderful surprise. I loved working for this amazing school.
Good first job.
IT Support Technician (Current Employee), Spokane, WAApril 16, 2013
Limited advancement and training opportunities were offset by flexibility to learn and grow independently.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Spokane, WAOctober 20, 2012
Enjoyed working at Gonzaga. Everyone was so friendly and always there to help you suceed.
Fun, Friendly and Exciting Workplace
Intramural Supervisor (Former Employee), Spokane, WAOctober 11, 2012
Pros: worked with sports, amazing co-workers and team
On a typical day I would supervise athletic games while assisting the referees with any on the field issues or injuries. Held office hours to answer any questions or concerns any current student had. When not helping students I logged scores and sportsmanship into our intramural database.
Changing Environment
Employee (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 30, 2012
The past 3 years GU has changed dramatically. It might be for the better, but long term employees might disagree. Sometimes the mission takes backseat to being a business.
Private, Jesuit, Academic Institution
Spanish Language Assistant (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJune 28, 2012
Pros: sense of community
Cons: small campus, political charged enviornment
Gonzaga University is an excellent school that provides an outstanding liberal arts based education. Located on the Spokane River in Spokane, WA, the college offers an extensive list of majors to prepare it's students for the challenges they face in today's workforce.
Great Place to work
Cable Puller (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJune 19, 2012
Pros: free admission to games
This job is a volunteer position, but the rewards for being here were great. I had the best seat in the house at every home game, and enjoyed myself and everyone I worked with.