Gonzaga University Employee Reviews

Relaxed work space with plenty of breaks, but sometimes fast paced and extremely hot.
Custodial Work Study (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 27, 2017
The Custodial Work Study was a summer job meant for Gonzaga students living in Spokane over the summer. It was a job that involved cleaning carpets and moving furniture around the campus. It was usually a fairly relaxed job with plenty of breaks, and my co-workers and I were allowed to divide the work up amongst ourselves. At times it was strenuous, because there were a few hot days when we weren't given many breaks and had to move heavy furniture or clean carpets inside buildings with no air conditioning. Overall, the job was fine for something to do my first summer of college, but it wasn't something I would want to do again.
Pros
Lots of breaks, nice co-workers.
Cons
Too hot, kind of boring, not related to my degree.
Fast passed University Environment with great leadership
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 23, 2017
Security Officers work 4 10's with lots of opportunities for overtime through the year, $50k a year is possible with overtime. One of the few business in Spokane that take the time to get their officers Limited Commissions with Spokane PD, and there are constant opportunities for training as well as tuition waivers for classes with them. The workplace is split 50/50 Law enforcement or Military background, so lots of camaraderie. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the Students parents. That's right, the students are fairly easy to deal with, but their parents are the embodiment of self-entitlement and upper-class snobbery. Granted not all of the parents are this way, but being in security, the ones we deal with generally are. Overall though the job is great, the management is great, and the environment is great.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers/management, pay
Cons
Some peoples kids are not made to be let out in public
Great culture
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nine Mile Falls, WA 99026June 21, 2017
Being a grad assistant is a great way to earn a few extra dollars while going to school. Learned a lot about the class I was a GA for, and would definitely recommend to any grad student.
This was a work study position. Allowed for ample studying time.
Law School Library Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 8, 2017
Best part of the job were the co-workers and the study time. I learned how to organize library books, understand reference materials, and help patrons find the help they needed.
Pros
Convenient on campus location
Cons
The job was only available if you remained a college student.
Very inviting environment with a strong community and great faculty/staff
Graduate Assistant- Graduate School of Business (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 27, 2017
Gonzaga University is an excellent place to attend college. It has a tight knit community and prepares students well for the real world. I found that the professors were very helpful and helped us grow inside and outside the classroom.
Teacher Assistant
Chinese Instructor's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 18, 2017
Being a Chinese Teacher Assistant it is one of my favorite job, because I not only get to teacher my native language, but I get to build relationship with the students.
N/a
Telefund Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 10, 2017
Gonzaga is a great place to work as a student. In the telefund there is an emphasis on the mission of the university and the importance of giving back.
Gonzaga
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 10, 2017
This university strives to provide a healthy and safe culture for the students and staff. The education is primary and the lifestyle and culture that supports the education goals of each student make all the difference in the future of all connected to Gonzaga.
Graduate Assistant
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 20, 2017
Graduate Assistant jobs vary, depending on the professor that you work with, and the field that the professor specializes in. I was fortunate. My supervisor is pleasant, and gives me flexible work hours for completing my project.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 2, 2017
My typical day as a TA for Gonzaga involves teaching students about manufacturing operations and techniques with welding, a lathe, mill, drill press, etc. I have learned how to vocalize techniques that are difficult to conceptualize without prior experience.
a good place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 15, 2016
The Graduate Assistant work at Gonzaga helps students to learn about work life practices in the real world. The work environment is formal but not very hectic.
First University rotation
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 10, 2016
Gonzaga was a great rotation. I loved the environment and it was an eye-opener to how AT can work with this level of athlete. The ATC were extremely experienced and knowledgeable. I loved my time at Gonzaga university.
Allowed me to improve leadership skills
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 29, 2016
After working here for three years, I have come to appreciate and expand my knowledge on applications such as Microsoft Office, while also giving me a place to advance my CSS skills.
Great place to work!
Assistant Caoch (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 26, 2016
I have had a great time working at Gonzaga University, the work is always challenging and the administration are fantastic!
The community at Gonzaga is a microcosm of some of the best people in the area, everyone is always enthusiastic and supportive.
Research Assistant (Biochemistry) (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 11, 2016
I loved working for Gonzaga and they worked great with my school schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job was the amazing people I was able to be around. My teachers are life long mentors and it was truly a gift to be able to work for some of my favorite teachers.
Collegiate Athlete
On-field leader and motivator (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 28, 2015
Had to balance athletic responsibilities as well as schoolwork. Learned how to manage my time very effectively. Really enjoy being part of a team and achieving common goals.
Nice environment but not worker friendly.
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Philosophy (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 9, 2015
Not very friendly to part-time staff. Much freedom to construct your own courses. Flexible on scheduling classes. I very much loved working with the student body.
Pros
good student attitude and relations
Cons
no health care or benefits. Not very worker friendly.
Fun Place
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 5, 2015
This was a volunteer position, not an employment. I tutored children in mathematics from grades kindergarten through high school.
Productive and enjoyable work place with nice hard working people.
Intramurals Supervisor Internship (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 4, 2015
Gonzaga is a great place to work for college athletics. I really enjoyed the fast pace work environment and the ability to self manage certain situations. I really got along with my co-workers and they made me feel right at home even though I am originally from Wisconsin. The hardest part of the job were the several 14-15 hour days during the basketball season. The most enjoyable part of the job was working around Division 1 college sports.
Pros
free lunches, free dinners, great seats for home games
Cons
long hours, stressful days, lack of days off
Great opportunities and benefits.
Shift Lead (Custodial) (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 12, 2015
I was able to obtain my mechanical engineering degree while working at Gonzaga. The benefits they provide are outstanding! My entire education was at not charge, also they provide all the typical benefits.
Pros
Benefits, Community, People.
Cons
Very Regimented, Low Pay