Good Choice Preservation

Good Choice Preservation Employer Reviews

Ex employee
Processor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: 11.00/hr, option to change schedule, fun people to be around
Cons: just a little to much gossip not enough seriousness about the work being done
I can honestly say i didn't mind working there. Pay was good. hours were fine. coworkers i didn't mind to much. pretty alright place in my eyes.
place sucks, management is clueless and do not give a care about their employees or vendors
Regional Vendor Management (Former Employee), Brandon, FLDecember 4, 2014
Pros: zero
Cons: non stop working, always on call, morale extremely low, management team is very poor
worst job ever, worst management I have ever dealt with, they dislike everyone
Professional and laid back
Property Preservation Processor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2014
Good company to work for. Very team oriented and willingness to work with employees.
Worst company to EVER contract with
Contractor (Former Employee), BFEOctober 7, 2014
Pros: pros: are you kidding me?
Cons: non payment, talking to you like you're a child, and a million other reasons
first of all I never write reviews until now. This company has screwed me out of a lot of money. The vendor manager thinks he's my boss and I had to set him straight a couple of times. Not to mention he would call me after 11 pm drunk and want to talk about work orders...really dude? I got burned and hope this review will help others to stay away from these crooks and drunks.
Hours
Mortgage Bid Processor 1 & Customer Service (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 10, 2014
Pros: lunches at any time.
Cons: 3pm-12am, & work weekends.
The hours, took me away from my family a lot. The hours were not good at all. Working night shifts, took me away from my family, & I had to work consistent weekends.
Good Choice SCAM
MCS Processor (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLAugust 7, 2013
Pros: nice hr lady
Cons: psycotic managers
I totally agree with the contractor review from Massachusetts.
I used to work for them as a Processor in Sarasota. I didn't know that contractors weren't paid for locks or other materials. I am so sorry for the situation, and I know what a hard job they had to do.
I was hired to compare grass cut pictures, to make sure the grass was cut.
Later I was expected to place bids for the construction, plumbing, electrical, clean-up stuff - the areas I am not familiar with, and had no training. To place bids, I had to know the exact dimensions of doors, windows, drywall, based on the pictures submitted. If I couldn’t figure out the dimensions, I had to contact the contractors, who most of the times were not available, or reluctant to provide the information. I was working in MCS department. I was to follow a ton of rules and regulations, and correct wording in the bids. The training I received was from a person started working there 2 months before me. When I had questions about a job, I would get some general statements, and most of the stuff I had to research on my own. My manager woman, expected for me to place EVERYTHING in bids, without anything left out. To complete one "Initial" bid it would take me about 2 hrs to process. This was due to the buggy software, slow internet connection, time wasted on placing useless bids, which would never be approved, trying to find the right dimensions, contacting contractors. On top of that, she would constantly remind us that we must work faster to “justify our pay” of $10.00/hr.
There were mandatory repairs that contractors had to submit the – more... dimensions and their bids. Majority of them didn't seem to know how to do those kinds of repair, or didn't know those were mandatory. That means they weren't communicated properly from the management. There was one territory manager – any time I would return the work order back to contractor, from her area, due to a lack of pictures, work not done, or done improperly, she would try to blame me for not being competent, instead of doing her job properly in the first place, by communicating with vendors.
Upper management was so ambitious with the MCS, that they said they were going to get a new contract from MCS which would need them to hire 3 times more processors. So they hired a bunch of people, who had to be “on the job trained” just like me. After a couple of months, the work not just increased, but was reduced! I guess, they didn’t win the contract. After that, I was sent home for a couple of weeks without pay, and later terminated.
It was a scam for me too, as well as for the contractors. – less
My worst employment experience ever
contractor (Former Employee), MassachusettsFebruary 10, 2013
I left a preservation company because in growing too quickly, they hired people who were not experienced enough to make critical decisions that would not affect me adversely.
I turned to Good Choice Preservations on the recommendation of a former employee of mine.
While my first employer took about 15 per cent from my earnings and did most of the processing work for me, Good choice took 45 per cent and did relatively nothing, including critical thinking. Their orders were cluttered with extraneous infomation that led to much lost time in figuring out what they wanted from you. This also led to confusion that resulted in returned orders. since they worked for several clients, the orders and criteria were all different, leading to more confusion. They had a policy of allowing dispatchers(managers) to make decisions on territory, what jobs they felt you could handle and timing of jobs. As a contractor, you had no imput at all, and certainly no opportunity to argue or even understand their decisions, as there was no real criteria for their actions good or bad.
Some of the client support teams were not available by phone to answer questions for days at a time, not returning calls and making the work late.
One processor sent me back to the same house four times for more photos of exactly the same walls , floors and and rooms till she realized that I had taken every angle and surface three or four times.
Pay was anywhere from a month to 2 months behind at the whim of the client. They funneled all work through software called My Preservesoft. I had a couple of months of bounced checks – more... because they kept taking the 50 dollars a month they charged you for this service out of the wrong account. I called and called to get this corrected, and the administrator would not return calls or acknowledge them.
Also, I had many days where my work was late because the software would not work, sometimes functions did not work properly for days. Again, no help from support. Finally I became angry with them and the good choice manager threatened to reduce territory because of it.
In the two months of last year that I worked for the original company, I made 15,000.00 and in the other 10 months I took in 9,000.00 and paid out 11,000.00. they did not pay for locks, antifreeze, any materials at all. you had to keep a huge stock of numbered locks in stock, tarps, technology devices, and various materials, meaning there was an enormous initial investment above and beyond insurance and gas for territory they assigned to me half way across the state when I never got territory close to my base.
I did not ever use half of the materials they required.
Then they instituted a rating system based on information that they had never addressed in the past, and applied it for two weeks before the started telling you about the rating system and giving you a chance to avoid pitfalls.
I spent much of my time submitting bids to them, but only had two that I remember approved. They kept harping that they did not pay much for the day to day stuff, but the bids were where you really made money!!!
I am sure that the people who have worked for them forever have no problems, but in trying to get into the system, and getting used to them, I would say...just stay away.....They are not worth your time and investment. – less