Good Eggs Employee Reviews

Hard Labor
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2017
Hard Labor work, Pay should be higher due to opening another location and the strenuous labor. Doing one thing all day repetitively. Hardest part is staying focused when walking around and standing all day.
Pros
free lunch everyday and snacks
Great mission
Employee (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoOctober 8, 2015
Creating good food jobs is important to the company and as an employee you can feel management makes that a priority. It's definitely a rewarding experience working for a company with a great mission (grow and sustain local food systems worldwide) and high quality products.

Great leadership, fun culture, and always good food.
Pros
delicious lunch provided daily, great benefits
Cons
office is located in Bayview which can be tough to get to
Local Food rules and we're aspiring to change the industrial food system!
Experienced Leader (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoOctober 8, 2015
We have a great mission, the best food, great producers, loyal customers and wonderful employees. We are sincere and we have all the right ingredients for success!

Startups have highs and lows and we definitely have had both. Thankfully, we are learning and growing everyday. We are resilient, determined and know we are doing the right things and coming from the right place.
Pros
Strong mission, high quality products, great customer service, committed employees!
Cons
We expanded too fast, we learned hard lessons, we're focusing on the location where we have been successful, we're nailing the fundamentals, adding something new because that's what we do so we can come back stronger!
Great mission, great people bad business model
Operations (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2015
I experencied tremendous professional growth at Good Eggs. I was given many opportunities to work with several facets of the company, and felt truly valued as a productive team player for the first year of my time there. The company really strived to help small local businesses

Operationally, however, the business was not outlined properly and expanded too fast with a shakey model. This rapid growth without rapid profit resulted in layoffs, restructures, and ultimately a dissolution of a fun and dynamic team culture. It is unfortunate that so much talent was brought on, only to be pushed out and laid off.
Pros
Lunches, talented team, amazing community of local foodmakers and farmers
Cons
Taxing working conditions, lack of transparency, and unstable future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Eggs. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3