Good Feet Employee Reviews in United States

Contracts don't mean squat
Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 9, 2016
I took this job because I was told I would make $10 and hour plus 10% commissions with a raise after 90 days. Well, at this store, it doesn't matter if you have a signed contract or not. Every single month my job description changes along with my commissions. I have been working at this job for a year and a half and haven't gotten a raise. In fact, I have had my commissions taken from me, now I think I make 6% commission only after I make 4K in sales. I say think because it changes every other month.
There are no chances to move up. There is no compensation or incentive if you make a lot of sales. No paid holidays, vacation or sick time. In fact, no overtime either, and if you go over 40 hours, you will not be paid overtime, even though that is illegal.
The store operates with three managers and one sales associate. No raise because the owner can't pay but she can afford to hire her son and an girl to go and sell product at shows. WHAAAT????!
Many times inventory is so low that you can't make a sale because there is no product to sell!
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no breaks, no benifits, no incentives, no raises, no chance to move up
Great people, Good environment, Sometimes frustrating
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 20, 2015
Good Feet is a good place to work. As a small company there are obviously some frustrations with the resources you have to work with such as recycled / rebuilt / slower computers and not always having the correct software. But overall, the people are more than competent, friendly, and a pleasure to work with.
During my time working, there was a lot of transition with multiple upper management departments. I left during the back half of what seemed a good plan that was much more organized and thought out than when I started.
There was not much room for advancement, really at all within the office. Some departments were combined into one position and at most there are two people in a department.
It was a good company to work for, and is going to be much better off than is was in previous years.
Pros
new office building, great group of people, very relaxed work environment
Cons
compensation, often disorganized computer systems, old hardware
Productive and fun workplace
Orthopedic Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 4, 2012
Acustomer would come in and complain of feet back neck problems and i would show them the the good feet product, and i learned that by wearing the product it i would be easier for me to sell to the consumer, one manager that i worked for felt a threat because my sales, I was doing so good that he sent me to another store to get fired, and the manager from the other store kept me. my co workers were very good people to work worth, and with there knowledge i was able to gain my own strengths to sell the product. the hardest part of the was working a manager who was one sided about everything and felt threatend by my high sales quotas, where the rest of the managment i got along with great.
Pros
the customers, the bonuses, the commission, and the hours.
Cons
i got layed off, one hard headed manager
small company growing improving
General Manager / Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORMarch 22, 2014
Just added benefits and 401 K, Yeah! Great product that helps just about anything from the feet up. The company is going through being a small company and becoming a medium sized company with benefits. People were great and the retail environment was tough, but if you like to help people its a great job and you can make a reasonable income.
Too much down-time
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 25, 2015
I enjoy most of the people that I work with but there's too much down time. Some days you'll see 0 customers and some days you might see as many as 3 customers. Each product demonstration lasts about 30 minutes. The rest of the time, you sit in a back room browsing the internet, watching movies on your laptop, or checking your personal e-mail. There's not enough to keep you busy and it gets boring quickly.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays, enjoyable colleagues
Cons
Too much down time
Slow and intense at times
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2015
Very slow traffic flow on a daily basis. Once customers enter the store, you sit them down and go through a full presentation about orthotics. These orthotics are flexible and most had lifetime warranty.
Enjoyed my work, customers and my staff.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 11, 2012
Great customer service. Trained my staff to be the top preformers out of all five of their stores. Loved helping people get rid of the pain. Could have done more for the company along with my staff had we had the opportunity. Always strive to be the best.
Pros
loved my staff and my customers.
Cons
benefits were not very good, but better than none. not enough customers came in the stores, and the owner was hard to work with at times.
Fun, easy-going work environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 16, 2012
Lots of down time. If your franchise is successful and you're in a good location, then sales are easy due to TV ads, and you can make a good living; otherwise you'll have a tough time.
Pros
easy money if you're in a good location and have good sales skills
Cons
income fluctuates based on sales, not a career job, gets boring after a while.
n/a
sales consultant (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 16, 2014
Stay away from this company especially if your not the type to kiss butt. the regional or district manager which ever he decides to be that day is a really big joke and knows nothing about leadership nor managing a business but I guess if your his friend then your set for a promotion.
Pros
not any
Cons
company is a joke
Very Gratifying to help People
Fitting Technician and Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 2, 2014
I learned alot about Sales in that I never had worked in this field in my prior experience. I loved to help people and take away their pain. It was difficult at times because of how much the product sold for. That was probably the hardest part of my job.
Pros
satisfaction
Cons
working 6 days a week and no benefits.
Intense customer service
Arch Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CADecember 17, 2012
Intense customer service for low compensation. I would spend up to an hour with individual customers and make $2-$3 in commission
We help people feel better
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 16, 2014
Growth opportunities for successful associates. Training and understanding of the products is key to success.
Pros
ability to relieve people's pain and make them happy and active.
Cons
pace can be slow at times
Dishonest management
sales (Former Employee) –  st. louisMarch 27, 2014
These people are crooks. Stay clear. The entire sales process is a joke. They are trying to trick people into buying the product. If you are an honest person do not get involved with this company
Pros
nothing
Cons
dishonest poorly managed
Amazing work, with an amazing staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 30, 2013
I loved working here! For customers who walked in, I get the privilege of working with them. I enjoy interacting with the people and provide them with a solution to address some of the concerns about the pain they felt on their feet.
good and good
Strategic Health Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIDecember 12, 2012
Whether it is an unexpected act of kindness, providing extraordinary customer service, or being sincerely interested in every word that someone says…great leaders usually have one thing in common: They consistently do more than is expected. ~Marcy Blochowiak

"The same sun that melts the wax can harden clay. And the same rain that drowns the rat will grow the hay. And the mighty wind that knocks us down, if we lean into it, will drive our fears away."

How far in life you go depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak...because in your life, you will have been all of these.-George Washington Carver

"DANCE as though no one is watching you.
LOVE as though you have never been hurt.
SING as though no one can hear you.
LIVE as though heaven is on earth." Souza
LAUGH often

A cheerful heart is good medicine

He will turn our mourning into dancing!

A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say.... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living;'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say.... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming
  more... to be perfect,
my flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou;
I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace, somehow!

Pretty is as pretty does... But beautiful is just plain beautiful!
good