Good Nite Inn Employee Reviews

Great Company, Great Benefits!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJune 25, 2016
Good Nite Inn is a great company to work for. I have been employed here for nearly four years. I have had the privilege to work for three separate properties with nothing but positive experiences.
Most of the employees have been with the company for many years with not a lot of turnover. The working conditions are exceptional and you could compare our staff to one big happy family. Several of our managers have started in different positions and have moved up through promotion. The corporate management team really cares about their employees and provides generous bonuses to those teams that accomplish company goals through hard work and dedication.
Pros
Health, Dental, Life, 401(k), excellent working conditions, 5-day work week for Management
Small Company with Big Hearts
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 26, 2016
Good Nite Inns is a great Company to work with. Corporate support system is excellent and we get to work with great staff. Company provides excellent benefits for the employees. Staff enjoy Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K plan with monthly and Quarterly bonuses.
Staff also enjoy the flexible hours and Part Time or Full Time options.
Pros
All mentioned here.
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2016
I have worked at this company for close to seven (7) years and it has been a wonderful experience. It is a great place to grow and I have been recognized on a regular basis for my efforts (through annual increases and incentives).

Also a great company to work for if you want to learn the business and receive training in the hospitality field. The Company is one of only three (3) in the whole country that has certified all of it's front desk agents in the American Hotel and Lodging Association certification program.

The atmosphere is family-oriented and fun. Of course, there are challenging days (as with any job), but overall, I have found it to be very rewarding.
Pros
Family Atmosphere and Regular Pay Increases
Good Nite Inn is a Good days work
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 22, 2016
The management team is good and fair. Their pay is competitive. They have bonuses and chance for advancement. the property in Salinas is getting renovated. They have reasonable schedules and occasional OT opportunities.
Pros
reasonable workload, renovated rooms
good starter job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAApril 17, 2016
This has been by far the most relaxed job I've had. Busy season is busy you will definitely go above and beyond. I remember cleaning rooms out on my own as a front fesk agent bc we either sold out or over sold. But slow season on the other hand was so chill. A great first job experience no rooms for growth easiest or advancement at all. Corpoate is beyond greedy.
Pros
free time. working alone with no manager down ur neck
Cons
no real raises.
Great place to work!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CAJune 22, 2016
I have had a great experience with Good Nite Inn. The vibe is very friendly and the people we work with are excellent.
Pros
Great benefits and perks.
Cons
None at this time
Great place to work!
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Good nite inn FremontJune 26, 2016
Good Nite inn is a great place to work for. Company not only cares about their guests but also cares and values their employees as well.
lodging
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CA 94928May 19, 2016
A typical day at work is multitasking , answering multiple phone calls , and check-in numerous amount of guest . Most enjoyable moments at the Good Nite Inn is when were check-in the guest.
This Is A Great Place To Work At
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAMay 6, 2016
The employees are great, I love the work environment. I also enjoy the job very much. There isn't anything that I dislike about this job.
Yes, productive and fun place.
maintenace tech. (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2013
Allways bussy, cleaning, and repairing something indoor, or outdoor
good co-workers enviromment, friendly, and customers with too.
I learned solve emergencies work problems, the hardest part of the job, when washing all the two stories side walk all around the hotel with a very big heavy hose and water pressure machine.
The most enjoyable part of the job, when repairing hotel rooms appliances.
Pros
i almost never work weekends.
Cons
no good treat from hotel manager, some kind of racism.
Nothing good about the Good Nite
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Rohnert ParkAugust 25, 2012
Pay isn't the worst but with what you deal with its horrible. Customer base is very poor and is mostly night walkers and meth addicts Corporate Management is like a bad baby sitter. They expect you to make and serve a five course meal with dog food. Always hounding you about bad reviews when most of the reviews consist of bed big complaints and illegal activity at the hotels. if you like dealing with the police on a daily basis this is the place for you.
Pros
not much
Cons
nevrr give proper break, high turn over, poor pay to non management, bad clientele, poor working conditions, vp of op had no idea what he's doing, gm is never around, office always smells like fish, roaches and bed bugs everywhere
Prodcutive and Very Family Orientated
Receptionist, Guest Service Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CaSeptember 23, 2015
check guest in, accept payment, deposit drops, answer phones, make sure that all the rooms were ready for the guest, make sure the house keepers were on time.
challenging
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2013
You clock in, go down to the laundry area. You then pack your cart with ALL the essentials you'll need to clean each and every room that is assigned to you. You go to the rooms and clean. The less rooms you are in charge of, the less time you have to finish. Being my first job ever , the hardest part is being done on time ! honesty, the part i enjoy the most is my lunch break.
Decent Hotel
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Many discounts and programs that drew guests in have been taken away (military discounts, corporate discounts, etc.) therefore making guests angry and employees take the blame. Corporate/management does not care about what employees deal with from guests.
Excellent place to learn the business.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 3, 2012
Great place to learn the business and get a feel for the hospitality industry and what it's all about from a starting stand point.
Pros
free coffee, muffins, and orange juice.
Cons
mandatory waving of lunch breaks for night audit.
Advancement
Assistant Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJuly 31, 2012
Good Nite Inn values their hardworking employees. They encourage advancement in their company. They are a wonderful company to work for and learn from.
Pros
great management
Cons
limited and no frill establishment
good night inn
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 15, 2012
checking in guests, it takes a lot of patience, management was reasonable, co workers were reliable, dealing with non sober guests, calm nights,
Pros
calm quiet nights
Cons
dealing with non sober guests
great experience
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMarch 13, 2013
it was a great experience working in a fast paced environment great to employees
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
very demanding
Non Profit Org.
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 16, 2014
Low Budget, Management is weak, No supplies, high turn over ratio.
Pros
Incentive Programs
Cons
low funds
Employed by Good Nite Inn
Assistant Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMay 10, 2015
Definitely a great company to train and move up in hospitality. Hard work was (in my case) always recognized and rewarded. I was able to move up in the company after five years of employment. Reservations pouring in from third parties such as Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and etc., while practicing excellent phone etiquette and checking in and out guests is a non stop process a Good Nite Inn clerk must efficiently manage. From strategically closing out the property online to avoid overbooking to opening it again due to unexpected short notice group cancellations. My natural multitasking abilities were enhanced with every passing day at their busy front desk. Upselling rooms, reselling and taking rooms out of inventory were balanced properly. I learned excellent hospitality in the most diverse setting as I greeted people from all over the world, locals and people with disabilities. Good Nite Inn co-workers worked as a team. We became a successful family like team working towards the same goal, which was to be the best in our location. Hardest part of my job at Good Nite Inn would be in the rare event when a regular guest happened to pass away in their guestroom. Working after such an event was pretty difficult. The most enjoyable part of being employed at Good Nite Inn was definitely the every day challenges, stories and people I met daily that walked through the lobby front doors. My strong work ethic and skills favored this position, especially when I was promoted to Assistant Manager. Truly would recommend those seeking a training based hotel setting to look into Good Nite  more... Inn. I credit a lot of my qualifications due to my time employed there.  less
Pros
Pay day was biweekly, staff meetings were catered
Cons
One man front desk even on heavy seasons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Nite Inn. Our community is ready to answer.