Good Samaritan Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Good Samaritan Hospital Corvallis oregonJune 26, 2016
It's a ok job as long as you like to watch the nursing staff getting paid 3 times as much as you to sit around playing on cell phones browsing the internet getting back rubs eating and drinking the food from the kitchen that your not aloud to touch all while you work nonstop as fast and hard as you can. But if you can't watch somebody getting paid 30.00 an hour to sit around having fun all day wile your getting less the half that and not aloud to sit around unless your on break then find something else.
Friendly/Caring
PBX Operator - Part time/On Call (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COJuly 18, 2016
Very busy on call center, for the purpose of serving public, patients, and doctors in any and all situations. Management needed to take a more vital role in the call center. Co-Workers outstanding individuals, I would call friends. The job entailed great detail to direction and action of emergency situations. I loved helping and directing people with all their needs, quickly and satisfactorily.
Pros
Lunches on site
Cons
worked mother baby unit. very interesting
PCT and unit clerk (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 3, 2016
i started in 1975 as a food server and had the opportunity to take a medical terms classes and transfered to the nursing units as a secretary. We answered phone, sign new moms in, transcribed Dr orders, helped out on the unit as a patient care tech. We stocked and ordered supplies. Helped to set up surgery rooms and helped out as a pct in newborn nursery. We worked as a team because we needed each other. Hardest part was just getting started for the day. Looking over a list of new patients and their needs but by noon, we were in the zone and just did it.
Pros
pay/benefits were excellent. They always gave you room to grow
Cons
personality clash just like you do at home with family.
Good Samaritan lived up to its name, excellent catholic hospital to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 23, 2016
Good Samaritan was a very friendly place to work. A lot of encouragement to nurses to be the best they can be. A lot of benefits for continuing education and career advancement. You were hired to stay and management saw to it that you stayed. I stayed for five years before relocating to the State of Michigan. I missed working at Good Samaritan, one of the best hospital known for its excellence in heart surgery.
Pros
12 hours/3 days of work, staffing option for students, free counseling, mentors for newly hired
A great place to work
Operator Services (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 20, 2016
Being able to handle diffent situtions,diffrent personalities,making patients feel comfotable and more at ease.

I learned in a fast paced stessful enviroment that you need to stay calm and collectected.focus on tasks as they come,and smile to make others around you feeel more modivated and knowning that they have a team player beside them if they needed any assistace.
Fast paced, awesome staff, but training was insufficient.
Lab support tech /phlebotomy tech (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INApril 26, 2016
I liked the job but felt like the training could have been better. Big hospital so I got lost a lot. Because they did not use phones or palm pilots, there was a lot of unnecessary walking back and forth. The lab printed the labels, so you could actually go to the same department several times in a row because you had no knowledge of other patients in an area. One day I went to the farthest department 8 times in a row because they wouldn't use phones to notify there were other patients needed drawn.
Pros
Regular hrs, not bad pay, nurses were awesome
Cons
Too busy to get properly trained, favoritism was evident
Great place to learn
Pediatric Emergency Room Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYApril 25, 2016
Very busy, often understaffed. Learned so much in the Emergency Room. Management was constantly changing which resulted in late yearly evaluations (2 years late). Co-workers were some of the best in the profession. Hardest part of the job was dealing with multiple emergencies simultaneously while remaining calm, cool and collected. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a patient get better and be discharged home.
Pros
Learning opportunities in the ER
Cons
Short staffed
great
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 29, 2016
great all the way around. The environment was faced paced but exciting. No two days were the same. Co workers were always willing to go the extra mile along with management. The hardest part was when people died. The most enjoyable part was getting to meet a diverse group of people everyday.
Pros
being able to swipe your badge for purchases
Cons
being able to swipe your badge for purchases
Fast paced office work
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 21, 2016
Retrieving fims for Radiologist, organizing files, and faxing reports. In my role as file clerk, I learned the hospital's computer system, how to operate a fax machine, and switchboard. I was the only male in my department and developed a great relationship with my female co-workers. I preferred the old management team vs the new management team that came before my departure. I believe the old management team had a better grasp on at the day to day functions of the department. Locating archived records before the system went paperless was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with staff and patients
Pros
Close to home, great benefits, room for advancement
Cons
No schedule flexibility
No ethic: Do not work there.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMay 18, 2016
No ethic. No professionalism. No cultural sensitivity.

A typical day at work: Busy. Lack of staffing.
What I learned: Select your work place carefully. If something is suspicious, better get out of that place as fast as possible. Not all the nurses are nice. There are really crazy nurses. You should learn how to protect yourself from bullies.
Management: no ethic. No professionalism. They will not let you access your own file. No ethic.
Your co-workers: Most of them are good, but you have some stinky ones. They are usually gathered together, and will bully you together.
The hardest part of the job: No cultural sensitivity. Bullying behavior.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Paycheck.
Pros
discount on the hospital cafeteria
Cons
Cultural incompetency, ignorance to horizontal violation, no professionalism
A great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 24, 2016
I liked working for Good Samaritan Hospital, Miami Valley Hospital and Premier Health. I had many opportunities over the years and worked Mental Health Inpatient, Orthopedic, Hemodialysis, and Case Management. My favorite was the Center for Status Integrity, which required all of my nursing, and computer skills. I enjoyed learning, and my coworkers had different clinical experiences than mine. This was very interesting and very educational.
Pros
Work hours and flexability
Cons
Driving Distance (30 mile drive)
I currently work at Good Samaritan
customer experience (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 15, 2016
The culture of the hospital is changing. It is moving toward a customer centered atmosphere, but has not exactly nailed the model in which to follow. I believe this leaves its employees with a lot of un answered questions and uncertainy.
Pros
Lots of educational opportunities
Cons
Cafeteria food is expensive
Great place to learn and work
Tray Aide/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 9, 2016
I really enjoyed working here, I learned a lot and I loved my coworkers. They worked as a well melded team, yeah there were some disagreements but they were worked out fast. The Manager of the kitchen is the best manager/boss that I have ever had. And who I will be comparing my next boss to.
Pros
free lunch, learned a lot!
Productive workplace and also fast paced
Unbilled Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2016
My day starts with reading my emails and responding to whatever emails I haveto address. Then I go into my WQ in Epic and go through all three hospitals getting the doctors to complete their work and any reports they have to dictate and if any information is needed on orders scanned in I have very nice co-workers. the hardest part would be tracking down the doctors to complete there outstanding deficiencys so the charts can be coded and billed. the most enjoyable part of the job is when everything is completed there is a satisfactory relief that my job was well done.
Pros
lunch time
Cons
short lunch
Commendable place to work
HEMODIALYSIS NURSE (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 13, 2016
Good camaraderie and teamwork among staff. Willingness to help and teach newly hired staff/personnel. Most of the time, there is enough staff to cover each shift.
Pros
Getting your scheduled break on time.
Cons
When signing up for work availability, it does not necessarily mean that you will get the shift you signed up for.
Very nice place to work, family atmosphere
Director of Patient Relations/Patient Advocacy (Current Employee) –  Suffern, NYFebruary 23, 2016
Always opportunities for learning and growing in my present position Very busy days seeing patients, handling phone calls, responding to complaints and grievances, educating staff in Service excellence at the bedside, facilitating doctor patient communication. Hardest part of the job is the work load (it's huge) and the most enjoyable part is helping patients and being their advocate.
Pros
Opportunites for growth and sustained relationships with co-workers
Cons
pay scale is not the greatest comparitively but I know the organization is looking into that
A great educating hospital constantly improving itself.
Registrar (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 28, 2016
Improving from a 2 star hospital to now a 5 star hospital for its extensive customer service improvements starting with the Emergency room to the renowned Labor and Delivery department.
Pros
Cafeteria serves great food
Cons
Security isn't the greatest
A whole team of hard working people in my department
EKG Tech (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 9, 2016
A great learning environment for growth within the EKG department. Management was great in my department. The hardest part about the job was seeing the sick children with heart conditions.
Pros
I worked a lot of hours
Cons
I didn't have any benefits
Christian Senior community, promotes kindness and compassion.
C.N.A./Bath Aide (Current Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZFebruary 6, 2016
C.N.A. is a tough position anywhere. Now 12 hour shifts(4 to 4). Friendly environment. Get residents up, dressed, to breakfast, toilet, bathe, activities, make beds, and be genuinely caring about their health and welfare. It can be very physical due to size and health of residents. The residents were awesome. A smile goes a long way.
Pros
Management wants you to like your job. Many events and awards for staff.f
Cons
Hard physical work at times.
Productive environment with a great goup of co-workers.
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 27, 2016
Great work environment, great co-workers, all team players. I enjoyed working with the Accounting team as well as the Management team at Good Sam Hospital. Excellent training as I transitioned from HR back to the Accounting field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Good Samaritan Hospital Reviews by Location