Good Samaritan Hospital

Good Samaritan Hospital Employee Reviews

I love working here
OR Revenue Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Suffern, NYFebruary 22, 2017
I love my job although I took a pay decrease and feel that I have reached a point where I need to advance in my career.I enjoy going to work everyday.I enjoy the Nurses that I work with.I have learned different things.
Pros
Very appreciative to their staff
Cons
Raises are not very likely
Transcribed doctors and interns dictation.
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 21, 2017
Transcribed doctors and interns dictation. Performed a lot of searching for phrases (Google) to complete reports. Worked from home for about 20 years. Required being a self-starter and able to perform duties without supervision.
Small, but busy community hospital
Emergency Department Registrar and Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Good Samaritan is a small, but very busy hospital. They have varied shifts which allow for individuals to work full-time, part-time or per-diem.
Fun environment conducive with learning
Peri-Operative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Working as an aide for as long as i did i create some long lasting friendships as well as mentors. They all took time to impart wisdom and knowledge they had accumulated over the years and taught me some of the essential tools i still use today.
Pros
Working with experienced nurses
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work if you don't mind a small town atmosphere.
Cancer Registrar (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORFebruary 11, 2017
I worked in the cancer center with an office there but got moved to a trailer and eventually got moved to a home office. The best part of the job was the people i worked with and the worst part was the management at the cancer center.
I enjoy being the jewelry buyer
Jewelry Buyer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 9, 2017
I volunteer 3 times a month. I enjoy working with the customers and training new volunteers. It is a relaxed environment.
Pros
I enjoy the people
good place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 8, 2017
I enjoyed my job at good samaritan hospital however they could stand to be more competitive in pay and benefits. although scheduling and such is always flexible which makes for a happy home life.
good atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Very helpful staff. Coworkers and management were always willing to lend a hand. Competitive pay. Paid time off and great benefits
Good Samaritan
Prn for home health, nursing supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJanuary 31, 2017
Good Samaritan allotted me opportunities to continue my education as they paid for my schooling. When I left, I was a nursing supervisor for the hospital. I always felt I had support from the physicians and co-workers.

Quality patient care was given as adjustments in staffing could be made based on workload and not always numbers.
Pros
Near home at the time
fast paced job
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 25, 2017
At this job you stayed busy but a the time I worked management wasn't good. The best thing about working there was there was great team work. The workers worked well together.
My experience there is awesome
Nutritionist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 20, 2017
The team they were very accommodating and friendly. The department improved my knowledge and I have more encouragement in the job. I have good experience with client and the patient.
Best work environment i ever worked in hands down.
Medical Records Employee (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYJanuary 19, 2017
The coworkers can make or break a job. I hope in my new permanent job the staff can be like they were. so generous outgoing and just bubbly as ever. always eager to lend a helping hand.
Excellent work environment
cooking chef (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Excellent work environment It is a good place to work. There is always something to learn. Management was amazing with helping work out any and all issues with co-workers very pleasant work environment.
benefits
Cons
working in weekends
Great experience
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2017
Great atmosphere... people are generous. Good for growth and development. I would love to continue my journey here as a nurse and learn many skills to put to test.
I enjoy working here.
OR Revenue Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Suffern, NYJanuary 12, 2017
I love the boss that I have now she is very fair and considerate. I wish that I had the opportunity to advance a little more in my career and could get an increase in pay, due to the fact we are not allowed overtime.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No overtime, or bonus.
great place to work
Nutrition Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEJanuary 11, 2017
i love working at good sam, i just see changes that could be threatening to my job and some of the changes i do not agree with, this is from being bought out by another company.
Pros
great co- workers
Cons
cooperate
very serious
Billing and Accounting Representative (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYJanuary 11, 2017
came into work logged in and started billing all new claims when completed worked on aged accounts ,filing,handled phone calls from patients,took on any project from office manger.
Pros
paid lunch, 401k, health insurance
Learning Opportunity
Emergency Fellowship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Assisted the Chairman and Secretary of the Graduate Medical Education Department.
Learned different medical terminology
Support Directors, Associate Directors and Chiefs of the five Residency Programs.
Pros
Learning and Educational Department
Cons
Interviewing time is hectic
management
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 9, 2017
working in an environment when a supervisor manage 3 different departments is difficult to get the help and understanding that is needed when things may happen within the department.
Great learning and work environment.
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Islip, NYJanuary 7, 2017
I began Good Samaritan Hospital in Medical Transcription at the Pediatric Specialty Care Center. I then moved on to work in the Nursing Department in a secretarial role while going back to college for Health Information Management. My current role is an inpatient coder.
Pros
location
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Good Samaritan Hospital Reviews by Location