Good Samaritan Hospital Employee Reviews

Depends on where you work
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  West Islip, NYJanuary 15, 2018
every dept is different and managed by different people. i can only speak for my area and say that I was made promises that weren't kept, which changed my opinion of the work place
Decent workplace
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 14, 2018
The average work day was fairly slow paced, unless someone were to call in or be pulled to a different area. In this case, anyone left would be expected to pick up the slack, sometimes leaving 1 person to do the work of 2-4 people. On most days, many people in the department would be in a terrible mood, bouncing that off of everyone else. Soon enough, the fun workplace can become rather hostile.
Pros
Free lunches for food service employees, discounts at local businesses and hospital gift shop
Cons
Limited connection to higher-ups
Good hospital to work at
Registered Nurse-Perioperative services-OR/PSCU (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COJanuary 12, 2018
Provides a great population to work with
flexible hours
options to change nursing cultures

Currently in the PSCU department, presurgical area, getting patients ready for various surgical procedures. Start IVs, do blood tests as indicated, prep body as needed for surgery-total joint surgeries vs minor ortho procedures etc.

Quickly learned to be flexible with patient personalities and different fears they had regarding upcoming surgical procedure.

Hardest part of the job is balancing multiple patients. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patient's individual paths and outcomes after surgeries.
Pros
Great work culture with co workers and MDs
Cons
pay increases
Worked as a staff RN, and an RN Care Manager
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYJanuary 10, 2018
I worked at Good Samaritan Hospital for over 20 years. I enjoyed working for this organization. There was an excellent level of professionalism throughout the organization. I worked as a Care Manager to meet the needs of my caseload and always felt supported and appreciated.
Team work
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 9, 2018
Good Samaritan is a great place to work and display great team work on a daily basis. The administrative team was always helpful and ensured you had the skills you needed to feel ready and confident,
Great externship experience
Phlebotomy Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 9, 2018
I completed my phlebotomy externship at the Good Samaritan Hospital in Bakersfield, Ca. The staff was friendly and welcoming. They were all eager to help me learn the skills I would need to be a great phlebotomist.
Highly stressful
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 8, 2018
High stress environment where many are not held accountable for their scope of practice which affects the work load of others. Salaries are not commiserate with the amount of assigned to an individual.
Greed
Front Office/Billing Ast (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2018
Company only hire christians however employees are wolfs in sheep clothing. Co-workers are back stabbers, jealous complain if you help the homeless or over book schedule.
A very intensive Major Medical Facility
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYJanuary 6, 2018
A typical day at work involved staffing decisions, patient monitoring, management interactions. The hardest part of the job was interactions with other management personnel
Stressful yet rewarding
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYJanuary 6, 2018
Great place to learn and work. Staff members are great. Assistant nurse managers are great to work with and supportive of their staff. Nurse Educator available for questions and teaching.
Pros
great experiance
Cons
short staff, do not always get break coverage
enjoyed it
Private Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 5, 2018
I didn't work for good Samaritan, I would take care of a elderly there for her daughter so the daughter hired me to watch and keep her mom safe and have companionship
Pros
take our lunch
horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 3, 2018
did not treat employess that well work you like a dog dont pay well management is very rude and not helpful the place has went down since i worked duh
Positive workplace
Fireproofing Worker/General Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 3, 2018
The work I did at Good Sam was a learning experience and a good one. The people I worked with/under were positive and helpful. I was able to learn new things as well as put into use skills I'd already had. The job was a very good one.
Professional
Nursing Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 3, 2018
The environment was very professional and well thought out. The people were friendly and I enjoyed my position here. I had the role of doing rounds, taking vitals, and overall care of the patients. When problems occurred my fellow staff members were always there to help.
Pros
great staff
Cons
had some downtime
good learning experience
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 1, 2018
I worked as a student and learned a lot from very experienced therapist and other staff members. Dept. manager kind of a flake and a little creepy. Night shift staff a bit miserable and mean to newbies.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INDecember 30, 2017
Overall GSH is a good place to work. The people are friendly and I enjoy my coworkers. I’ve worked there for almost 20 years and love how well we work together with our surgeons and anesthesia staff!
Growing patient population
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYDecember 29, 2017
GSHMC has been adding specialized services such as open-heart surgery and neurosurgery over the past few years. There are many opportunities to expand one's knowledge and practice base.
Benefits
Cons
Heavy workload.
good working enviorment
RN (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 29, 2017
Enjoyed working with staff member, staff worked together to complete work responsibilty's. Management worked with staff member with work and home life issues. Unit based init council has influence on work /unit issues .
Pros
supportive work enviorment
Cons
sent home when patient census declines
Great job for people looking to enter the rehabilitation field.
Lead Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORDecember 28, 2017
Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center was a fantastic place to work prior to entering Physical Therapy school. The employees in the rehabilitation department were very collaborative and invested in their patient's care.
work review
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 26, 2017
Most days I can have up to 8-10 patients with 3-4 techs each shift. At times we may only have 3 techs.If short staffed we have to do extra work to help the next tech coming on. I check vitals, blood sugars, take patients to the bathroom and for walks. I help order food and assitant with feeding patients. My hardest is my work load and the lack of help I may recieve at times. If i have a good group of RNs and Techs I will have a smooth shift.
Pros
I'm getting paid, have a job and its close to my job.
Cons
short or no breaks, short staffed, heavy work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.