Good Samaritan Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great learning environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAOctober 31, 2017
Appropriate patient to nurse ratio, great learning environment, room for advancement. Good Samaritan Medical Center is a wonderful place to work at, with dedicated staff.
Good place to start
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 30, 2017
I was hired by Good Sam as a new nurse in 1995. I learned a lot and loved the people I worked with. I worked my way up the clinical ladder, and got experience in other departments. Unfortunately, the commute was too much for me and I had to leave Good Sam.
great place to work and learn
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 24, 2017
rotated staffing and satellite pharmacy as well as ambulatory infusion center. Good size staff for support throughout the workday. progressive hospital setting. Opportunity for cross training in different areas. Would return to work there if moved back into area.
Pros
great learning environment.
Cons
busy hospital, stressful pace.
Excellent employer
Critical Care Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COOctober 18, 2017
This is one of the better employers as far as bedside nursing is concerned. I have enjoyed working here and will continue to do so for years to come. There is always room for advancement.
Pros
Great benefits, high pay, lots of perks, non-profit organization, great team
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment
Loned my job.
Program Coordinator Cancer Genetics (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLlOctober 13, 2017
Great work environment. Great people to work with. The pay is very competitive. We are provided with the right support. Staff and Dr.s work well together. I would have spent my career here if not for relocating due to my family.
Pros
Great pay.
Public Safety Officer
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAOctober 10, 2017
Very friendly environment. customers have positive attitude as well as staff. Great first job.Great for gaining customer service experience and sales experience
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Few Breaks
Fast paced working environment
Clinical Lab Assistant II/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 26, 2017
Ability to learn and advance in career
A typical day at work can be stressful, but the most enjoyable part of working here is being able to help heal and save lives.
love the people I meet
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CO 80026September 24, 2017
I left in August 2017 and yes I regret it very much and I have been trying to return by doing applications for everything that I can full fill and do but haven't had the opportunity to get an interview. :(
Pros
meet the Dr's and nurses the patents and their family's are a blessing and coworkers
Cons
The amount of work that is expected in short time.
Good Samaritan Medical Center- Brockton MA
Certified Surgical Tech (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 10, 2017
There is an opportunity to achieve a rewarding, and successful career at Good Sam, esp as a new grad, but unfortunately due to poor management and miserable staff, the environment suffers, therefore the outlook of your job and quality of life.
Pros
Some nice staff
Cons
Poor management
Struggling with Change
Staff Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 22, 2017
As a community hospital it is not bad, but seems caught in the healthcare system's turmoil. Leadership is trying to change the culture. Workforce isn't resisting change, but isn't embracing it either.
Pros
A remnant of Catholic healthcare culture remains.
Cons
Not sure how to adapt.
Great healthcare facility with a great staff
Chaplain PDM 1 (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COAugust 16, 2017
The atmosphere at GS was friendly and the staff was engaging. The orientation process was long and detailed but provided the tools I needed. Overnight on call position was a 14 hr shift with a sleep room available. Sleep room was not user friendly. The bathroom was shared with another room which made sleeping almost impossible. The dead bolt locks were there for privacy but they sounded like the locks on a jail cell making it a noisy night. The schedule was difficult because other staff could switch the schedule with me and never let me know. One whole weekend was scheduled once a month meaning I was at work 14 hrs a day for 4 consecutive days.
I left after 4 months because I wanted to spend more time with family and be more involved with my local church. I could highly recommend GS to anyone but make sure you understand how much is required of you. Especially if you are going to be an on call chaplain.
Pros
Beautiful facility
Cons
hours too demanding
Good experience
Hospital Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYJuly 18, 2017
An opportunity to learn how to be a true professional and interact with all other healthcare professionals and optimize care for all kinds of patients.
good hospital/ unit
RN (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 10, 2017
I worked night shift on a very busy med/surg telemetry unit. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and taking care of my patients. I left because I moved back home to NJ.
Pros
good faciltiy and unit
Cons
very busy unit and lots of IV pain medications given
Job security. Easy work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 2, 2017
Management wasting money in the wrong places,not afraid to let you go. Cell phone use abused big time. People walking around with their heads down texting. Texting while transporting patients
Pros
Job security. Easy work
Cons
Union a joke
Productive Workplace
Dietary Aide/Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 13, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to talk to the patients over the phone. At my job I learned all of the complex diets such as cardiac, diabetic, all of the different types of dysphagias, liquid diets and more. I enjoyed helping the patients choose the correct meal and explaining why they could not have a certain meal item.
Great Company
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COMay 4, 2017
Great Company to work for. Co-workers are great. Management is good. Hourly pay isn't that great but differentials help make up for that. Benefits are good.
Productive, great work environment
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 24, 2017
The GSMC ER is a great work environment. Teamwork is present at all times and everyone works well together on interdisciplinary team. I have learned a lot about teamwork and time management as well as prioritization.
Offers balnce and room for advancement
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 22, 2017
Once you master the job requirement and find your own niche of doing the job, then it becomes easier. Like every other job the intensity can escalate, keeping your composure is they key to success
Overall good work culture
Patient Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COApril 19, 2017
The senior team worked well together and supported patient safety. Healthcare is ever changing and the senior team is doing their best to stay ahead of the curve.
horrible
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 18, 2017
staff is super rude and the nurses are very mean. It is dirty and needs to be updated. the pay sucks!!! no benefits either. horrible dark place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Good Samaritan Medical Center Reviews by Location