GOOD SAMARITAN NURSING HOME Employee Reviews

Caring Staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs Village, ARJuly 4, 2017
While working for this company I enjoyed each day I was there. I encountered dedicated nurses that care for patients that are treated in Baptist Health ICU units. The director is a great leader and has the department working at their best.
Pros
Cons
Work Holidays
Productive and fun atmosphere
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEJune 23, 2017
All the staff is great to work with. The dietary department is very fun and easy going although they take the responsibilities very serious. Saint Johns is a great place to work at.
fast paced
Cook Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Winthrop, MNMay 22, 2017
Fast paced and hard to get your good work done on time. Little to no breaks, too much gossip in a small community. Nice place to work if you keep to yourself
Pros
close to home, lots of other hours
Cons
too many cheifs
fun work place, team working employees
Member (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 2, 2017
everyone works really well as a team, Taking residents to the bathroom, giving showers, taking residents to dinner and doing other activities of daily living.
Pros
cheap lunches, healthcare, incentive pay
a 40 bed rehab and 80 LTC beds
Rehab Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Delmar, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Handled admissions for the rehab unit, in addition to handling orders for 2 Doctor's and a Nurse Practicioner; ordered labs regularly and reviewed results with MD's; Handled discharges with the Social Work Department
Pros
120 bed facility, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Long hours with little or no compensation
A great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 8, 2017
Everyone is friendly and it is great to be able to help people who need you they have a great staff and is really clean and treat the residents with lots of respect they give the residents freedom and space to grow
Very poor
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cole Camp, MOFebruary 3, 2017
Nothing about this job was pleasing. They are understaffed, hostile work environment, the work environment is unpleasant, co-workers are lazy and don't care for the residents, and the communication is horrible.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this job was bad
Good working environment with lifelong memories.
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland City, INDecember 22, 2016
Being around the residents and caring for them gives you a sense of purpose. Most of the people you work with is kind and understanding. You feel at home with the beautiful residents that you get to know.
Pros
30 minute lunches, three breaks a day, sweet residents
Cons
Not really any
Some people were rude but i ignore them
independant living assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSNovember 10, 2016
I very much enjoyed my time with my elderlies. They taught me a lot about life and experiences I will never forget. I met amazing people and lost amazing people. That job made my heart way to big!
Pros
flexible
Cons
no breaks
Family like environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Sayville, NYSeptember 30, 2016
I love working at GSNH. The environment is amazing and everyone really cares and aims for patient satisfaction. I've learned so much regarding different aspects of nursing. Management is very supportive and listens to the opinions of staff.
excellent nursing home
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  S Daytona, FLAugust 23, 2016
very busy and at times hectic workplace. At times short staffed, making individual work load heavier. CNAs at times had negative attitude toward duties. Good staff to work with overall.
Pros
A good lunch break.
Cons
Heavy workload hard to complete at times.
Good work environment, good communication
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2016
On the job activity from day to day always involve a co-ordinated efford by the staff to complete all tasks leading to the dietary needs of all patients
Pros
Buy Lunch
Cons
Timely Breaks, healthcare is good
Awesome job, depressing environment
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delmar, NYJune 21, 2016
The job and requirements was easy and fun. However the nursing home environment is not for everyone. Its depressing and you get attached to the residents quickly, and the potential for loosing a resident you're potentially close with is high.
nursing assistant
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoyed the opportunity and meeting so many wonderful people. I learned a lot and quickly decided that this area was not for me. Although, I enjoyed working with my clients and their families it was very hard emotionally and I decided to explore more options in my education.
Pros
I met so many people and clients that was so fulfilling daily.
Cons
It was emotionally draining at times and hard to say good bye to clients who expired.
Very caring people
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 18, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was my residents. They were always so happy to be alive, which in turn, gave me a sense of hope. I learned that you have to work at things in order to get better, and there is always room for improvement. Management worked well with scheduling. They would do anything that they could to make sure you had the time off that you needed. The people I worked with were great. They always made tough situations a lot easier. I just want to thank them for giving me the opportunity they did.
Pros
Great shift differential and weekend option pay
productive place of employment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHDecember 15, 2015
I really enjoy working with the patients. I also appreciate the team efforts I have with my co-workers. The ultimate goal is patient satisfaction
Pros
good work environment
Cons
work load
i enjoyed the short term i was there.
CNA (Former Employee) –  aztec nmNovember 23, 2015
everyone was nice. nurses did their job excellent. cna did excellent care. every employee were very organized. i learned a lot working night shifts. i had the chance to work on every unit. even the locked unit.
Pros
good about letting us drink eat their facilty food and beverages for free.
Cons
not enough therapy
unsafe and miserable place to work
Dietary aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Keosauqua, IAOctober 23, 2015
I felt so relieved when I left this job. Your work was never satisfying or complete at the end of your shift, you did the work of 3 employees no management to take control and fix problems the nursing home had.
Pros
overtime
Cons
Unsafe
Great place to work at!
State Tested Nurses Aide (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJune 12, 2015
I was a float between the floors for the first few weeks. Then I established my "own hall" which I was on for almost 2 years. I was able to form a relationship with the residents as well as my co workers that worked the same hall with me.
Pros
"family" feeling with co workers"
Cons
Residents passing
residence are encouraged to participate in activities.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 5, 2015
Very fast paced physical job. I learned to treat people as I will be treated, this is not just a JOB, this affects lives. Co workers were all hard workers. Hardest part of the job was the physicality required to complete job well.
Pros
helping people daily
Cons
short breaks