Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center

Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Complex and diverse work environment
Health Information Technician (Former Employee), Corvallis, OregonJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free medical classes (cpr training, etc), a college reimbursement program, good insurance
Cons: understaffed (due to economy crash) versus patient influx to hospital
I worked in Health Information Management before Good Samaritan converted to EPIC, an electronic medical record. The Good Samaritan network consists of multiple hospitals with GSRMC being the largest and most equipped for the patients in the Valley. The office was small and the work load was extremely high, which required us to work at a fast yet accurate pace. The HIM department was also responsible for billing, so completing these records on time was imperative.

Almost everything I know I learned from this job - how to manage time wisely, prioritize, and making sure that our customers knew they were people; not just a medical file. I learned confidentiality of all informations and how to work together with peoples of diversity. This included problem solving and working together to make sure we were operating at the best of our ability and beyond.

The management and co-workers were spectacular. Without them I wouldn't be the person I am today. Despite some difficulties that would arise we could always come together to find productive and effective ways to overcome them.

The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to help people. In my experience most people I've encountered think of a medical file as just paper. However, we were there to process their information, make it legal to federal standards, and if we happened to come across things that seemed 'odd' we would research to ensure that the information was correct. We only want the best for our patients and their information with be absolutely correct should they come in for a next visit. Again, these are people, not just files of paper sitting on a shelf.

The most difficult aspect of the job was the conversion to EPIC. Our department was extremely small for the amount of work and money was tight due to the economy. We had much work to do in a short amount of time and we were able to get it done. It was a wonderful experience.
Good and Bad
Staff RN (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great patient care
Cons: not supportive of staff. lots of staff and managemant turn around.
Management supportive at times, but failed many times to recognize
successes and good performance.
Big on penalization.

Excellent patient care.
Co-0workers friendly, but did not always work as a team
Very nice place to work, friendly atmosphere
RN Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: well staffed, great equipment, abundance of supplies
Cons: doctors somewhat difficult
Great staff, appropriately supplied in equipment and supplies.
Great team environment
Communications Assistant (Current Employee), Suffern, NYDecember 15, 2013
Fast paced and learn something new everyday. Great team players within my department.
Great charge nurses.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Corvallis, OROctober 17, 2013
Pros: meal discounts.
Cons: poor health insurance coverage unless you used a doctor in their coverage area.
I really enjoyed the critical care patients that I took care of frequently. The charge nurses were really good at being aware of everyone's skill level and giving them patient assignments accordingly.
Busy pacemaker clinic
Cardiology Heart Rhythm Center-Clinic (Pacemaker) (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: training from device representatives and travel for training
Cons: on remote days there was not direct patient care.
I checked patient's pacemakers with a programmer for proper functioning and battery life. Made programming changes with supervision. Charted on patients that were in clinic and on remote patients that sent device checks over the phone.
Direct patient care was the most enjoyable part of this job.
We had a great team of staff and we all worked well together.
Management was excellent.
love working
Unit Secretary in the Emergency Room (Current Employee), Corvallis, ORJuly 22, 2013
I have worked for Samaritan for 11 years and I really enjoy working there.
Alway a good time working with a great time.
ER tech/Secretary (Current Employee), Corvallis, ORMay 20, 2013
My job is awesome I get to work with great Nurses and Doctors. There are lots of learning experiences.
A true family atmosphere.
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: very supportive co-workers and manager.
Cons: they could not relocate with me.
Great attitudes from all employees and volunteers. Everyone supports each other in the facility and out. Very close knit community. Very understanding when things go awry! REALLY miss it! Had to leave it all behind to relocate.
Clinical time was hard and very productive.
Ultrasound Clincal Year (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: excellent department, whole department ate lunch together frequently- builds teamwork
Cons: hospital climate always cold, summer or winter.
I worked full time my clinical year, as well as my part-time job.
My clinical site was very challenging and detailed. My instructors worked very hard to make me an exacting and detailed tech. Their teaching is still with me today.

I constantly refer back to my time here. I've found that this institution was very thorough and detailed in patient care. All the way from computer log-in to patient discharge planning, everything is very detailed and thought out to protect the patient and provide the best possible care.

We had a diverse staff - each with their own specialties. I really enjoyed learning vascular here. Vascular ultrasound doesn't have one good book, yet. So learning this skill is dependent upon having good teachers. My main job at clinical time was to learn general ultrasound, so I feel fortunate to have received good instruction on vascular as well.

One of the management is an author and is a good teacher. She has written an excellent book for ultrasound.

The hardest part of my clinical years was doing one exam different ways for each of my 5 different instructors.

We did a wide variety of ultrasound exams here. I miss doing renal doppler, dialysis grafts, and vein mapping for dialysis grafts.

I was fortunate to do my clinical time at the hospital at which I was employed. So I was working with nurses and doctors with which I was familiar with. This made my time here so much easier. After working here for 5 years I felt that many co-workers were an extended family. We worked hard together as a team.
Fast and quick emergency room
Patient Registrar/Trainer (Former Employee), Corvallis ORAugust 25, 2012
Cons: hiring freeze
A fast passed work enviornment when busy. Learned a lot about traumas and emergency situations.
is not a fun place to work
In-House Security Officer (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORApril 17, 2012
Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
is not a good place to work
if you are a black preson
that a fact managament dont care
they will just fire you