Good Samaritan Society

Good Samaritan Society Employee Reviews in United States

Overworked and under appreciated Good Samaritan Village
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 20, 2016
I worked for Good Sam for several years and of course the people in the offices have no idea what goes on on the floor and they don't seemto care or want to help with staffing

Overall I love my job and I hated management. We were overworked people were undertrained and we were under appreciated.
Pros
Job security
Cons
The DON
Lack of Structure
Universal Worker (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJuly 12, 2016
I love what I do as a caregiver. I did not love the organization I was caregiving for. There is no leadership. No accountability. Grievances are swept under the rug or even out the door. Unreasonable expectations were often requested by administration.
They will hire just about anyone with a pulse. Staffing was skeletal at times forcing many of us to work 12 and 16 hour shifts. I have never been around an organization that passes the buck as much as GSS.

The residents were the only part of my time there I cherished.
Typical work day.
SUPLLY CLERK /CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 24, 2016
Having our morning meetings and then getting our assignments. That was fun sometimes cause somebody was always joking in the middle of our morning meetings and I have learned a lot from a lot of different people, from Doctors or Patients. My co-workers were so much fun and the hardest part of the job was when we had a lot of discharges after lunch and the most enjoyable part of the day was all day long. Laugh all day.
Pros
Love the holiday parties and the garage sales.
Cons
Can get very hectic at times.
Good learning experience
Nutrition Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJune 20, 2016
It was a good place to work, I learned a lot. I had two internships there where I:
• Assist with serving the residents beverages at lunch
• Clear dishes and cleaned dining room after lunch
• Visit with residents as they arrived and left for lunch
• Walk residents to and from lunch
• Engage with residents during activities, including playing cards, puzzles, etc.
Spiritual culture, family oriented. Great teamwork! Very compassionate and caring co-workers
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 13, 2016
Review all admissions and update careplans as needed. Review screens for potential admits. Assist floor staff with admission process. Assist with training and mentoring of new staff. Supervise nursing and NAR's in all daily routines.
Really great co-workers,
Currently short staffed, extremely stressful trying to get shifts covered. Staff are amazing at stepping up to the plate to help out. I enjoy interacting with the residents and being a part of their lives
Good place to establish job experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJune 11, 2016
Management is always changing. There is no sense of support. General staff is great to work with, however, management is very hard to talk to and relate to.
Pros
Job experience
Most enjoyable part of my job is helping people.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  NebraskaJune 5, 2016
There is no typical day at work! I either help my staff in my areas that I am responsible for or take calls from all departments with computer issues and solve those things. The hardest part of my day is explaining my staffs mistakes and not giving them enough recognition for their successes! They are very good people! Eight our of 20 of my staff have won employee of the month out of 300 + employees! The most enjoyable part of my job is telling people to have a great day! Weather it be a resident, staff member, or a visitor! It is important to me even if I have a bad day not to pass that on to others!
difficult to advance
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEJune 4, 2016
Management doesn't really know what goes on when they aren't there, expect more of staff than they are capable of. Don't have enough staff to provide adequate patient care.
Pros
Great friends, love my residents
Cons
management
Productive and fun to work for
Dietary Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 23, 2016
The management was amazing and very flexible with work hours to compensate for schooling. The elderly that I catered to were mostly pleasant and easy to work with.
Like family
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 17, 2016
I dearly miss working at Good Samaritan. It was small enough that every patient got individualized care, attention, and love.

Want to know more about Good Samaritan Society?

Ask a question
Great staff, great residents, great benefits, awesome atmosphere
STNA (Current Employee) –  Arlington, OHApril 10, 2016
Love working here. I work ngith shift and the employees are great. Nurses are awesome and so are management . Willing to work with your schedule snd give you time off if needed for emergencies .
Fun coworkers
CNA (Former Employee) –  Atkinson, NEMarch 31, 2016
Co-workers were amazing
scheduling was flexible
staffing could have been better
i learned how to manage my time wisely
Most rewarding job I have ever had
Quality of life Mentor (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMarch 18, 2016
Faced-paced work environment. The hardest part of the job was the end of life process. The most enjoyable part the job was the stories I learned about the resident's I cared for. My co-workers were great a great team to work for and we taught each other so much.
Fun place, minus the short staffing
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work depends on if I have help, I work in the special care memory unit. I have 14 residents that I assist every other weekend. I work 12 hour shifts and if I have help then the day goes by smoother if no help is there then it is like a mad house. I have learned how to help dementia patients/residents. I have certain coworkers I enjoy working with and others not so much. The hardest part about my day is when there is no one else in the unit besides the nurse and I. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the residents smile and be in a good mood.
Providing excellent care for all residents
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 15, 2016
A typical day at work is arriving on time, assisting with daily activities that cannot be provided on their own, serving supper, and helping all residents into bed.
Lovely residents
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEMarch 13, 2016
I came interested in working at a nursing home because I wanted to gain more experience than what I was getting at my previous job. I learned a lot about residents and their needs, especially ones with dementia or simply the unhappy ones. The most enjoyable part of my job was putting a smile on my residents faces.
wonderful place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 7, 2016
i've had nothing but good experiences working for GSS. nothing but friendly faces and positive energy. lots of opportunity for advancement within departments. wonderful resident care as well.
Pros
plenty of opportunities for career advancement, great people
Cons
n/a
Good Place to work
Head Cook (Current Employee) –  Arlington, MN 55307March 3, 2016
I get treated like a valued employee. The pay could be better, but I'm only a cook, I really do enjoy working with most of the people there. Very few "bad apples". Great place to work and make ends meet.
it was a great experience.
certified nurses aid (Former Employee) –  Lakota, NDFebruary 12, 2016
i would get the elderly bathed and ready for the day and feed them and help them to the rest room and transfers etc. management wasn't the best. no communication. best part of the job was the patients weren't patients anymore... they became family :)
Pros
loved my coworkers
Cons
not a good place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 11, 2016
Too much work and pressure to get multiple tasks done. They added more tasks to my job after I was hired. All my managers we micromanaging. Would not let me be the manager of my department. The supervisor was very controlling and over all not a good boss or person to work for.
Pros
the residents were awesome
Cons
awful management