Good Samaritan Society Employee Reviews

Really Stressfull
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJanuary 26, 2017
I worked in the Alzheimer's wing at nights as a CNA. You wouldn't think it would be stressful, but it was. My residents wanted to get out of bed and their wheelchairs if they were not in bed. If they could walk, they would go in each other's rooms. They weren't suppose to do that at night which I didn't like because I had other things to do instead of watching them. I know my nurse could be watching them because he was watching TV. When I was changing them, some of them would fight against me too. One would yell on top of her lungs, one would try to always cover her behind, one would sometimes not let go of my wrists, and a few would to the bathroom on the floor. Many would wet the bed. Of course, I would change them twice a night.

I know that it wasn't their fault. It was the nature of the disease. I just wish that things were set up easier in the nursing homes to care for them. For example, I wish that we could use some form of restraint like they do in the hospitals so we can protect them from falling out of their wheelchairs. I just sucks because many in the nursing homes became lazy and went overboard with the restraints. So, we can't use them at all which is stupid. So, the nursing homes doesn't even pay the CNA a good wage for all the work they do. They should hire more CNA's. They also should be able to do med pass in nursing homes in Washington State. Ya, I just got burnt out from the job. I still cared for my resident though. They were good people for the most part. They just tested my patience after a while because they kept on doing the
  more... same things over and over again. Plus, the nursing home wasn't making anything easier. I thought that they were making the situation worse.  less
Great place
TMA (Current Employee) –  Howard Lake, MNJanuary 26, 2017
Good Sam is a great Place to work. Very Fulfilling! I love all of the clients that live there! If you like helping people this is a great fit.
Very satisfying work environment
Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  Lodi, WIJanuary 25, 2017
Pleasant work environment, very rewarding, busy at times. But enjoyed the idea of helping others with there day-to-day activities.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
high stress environment
Great place
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Loved my time with this company and the people I worked with. The main reason for my leaving was the compensation plan was not enough. However it truly was a lovely place.
Beautiful Campus
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SD 57702January 18, 2017
I was blessed to work on a beautiful campus for wonderful residents. The campus was what I would describe as Alive with Life...sounds weird but it is a Sr Living Campus that had a vibrant group of residents who considered all family. Each day I was given the opportunity to serve our residents to make their day or week a pleasant one was my reason for being there. As for my co workers, as with any work place they range from very sweet and fun to work with having such a good sense of humor and good natures to those who are dishonest and difficult to work with lacking any moral clarity.
Pros
Beautiful workplace
Cons
Some poor management decisions
Good Samaritan Society is a okay place to be.
CNA/TMA (Current Employee) –  Pipestone, MNJanuary 12, 2017
I used to love working here! I love my residents! I used to look forward going to work everyday. After a year had passed, new management came in and destroyed the place. The attitudes that people have are ridiculous. I never been so scared and nervous to go to work. Management picks their favorites out of my staffing and puts them above everyone else. I'm an extremely hard worker, and don't get the praise like I deserve I should. I'm always happy, great with residents and their families. I'm not afraid to ask questions. I also always get my work done. I see other coworkers of mine doing an excellent job and they also don't get praised like they should. This place is going down hill, and fast. I feel like it's no longer a good place to work.
Pros
Great evening staff
Cons
Over worked, same people consistently mandated to stay, short staffing.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 10, 2017
They was able to work around my home life when scheduling me with clients. I was able to get along with the other employees and staff at the main office.
Stressful and understaffed work environment
CNA/CMA (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJanuary 9, 2017
I loved my residents but we constantly worked understaffed and wouldn't get assitance from upper management so it was stressful when they came down on us hard.
positive environment and job security
LPN (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 4, 2017
I have enjoyed my years with this company. I would recommend to other health care providers. Pay was adequate. I loved being around the residents and bonding with them
Good Samaritan IGH, MN
Registered Nurse (Charge Nurse) (Former Employee) –  IGH, MNJanuary 2, 2017
The management is amazing. Good co-worker relationships. Manageable work load. Flexible work hours. Beautiful facility. Work bonuses. DON is really reliable.
Pros
Location, wage
Cons
Swing holidays
Good Company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 2, 2017
I work with the home health department, at times a little disorganized but you learn a lot. The elderly are great people to work for bu a bit neurotic in their own way.
Great job, lousy pay and management
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Arlington, MNDecember 20, 2016
There is a lot of favoritism and most of the staff is there for the paycheck, not the residents. Residents are highly ignored especially with CNA's not caring and would rather gossip than do their job. The activity department is a disgrace.
Pros
Love the residents
Cons
Management, poor pay, favoritism.
Company is ok
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CODecember 14, 2016
The actual work place and staff is great. I never really had any problems with my coworkers nor with a lot of the nurses. Most of the nurses were willing to help. The hard part is that they are usually understaffed and it was sometimes hard to keep up with the work load.
Pros
Great money
Cons
not enough staff
general.
meds admin (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL 34746December 12, 2016
You have to want to work here because working with patients who mostly have some form of dementia may be taxing yet rewarding.
Management is supportive. Excellent ongoing education offered.
Pros
A good place to work attentive management.
Cons
none.
Wondeful co workers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, KSDecember 11, 2016
Very understaffed and can be very stressful. The coworkers are wonderful and make coming to work fun. The residents are amazing and so loving
A good place to work.
Assisted Living Director (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZDecember 3, 2016
Care giving is not an easy job. You are constantly on your feet. Employers and employees work very hard. HR is helpful. Nurses are helpful. Education from staff is helpful. Bonuses for working Smart and safely would be helpful.
Pros
Organized
Cons
On your feet a lot.
Good work place to be at helping resident's
Cook/Aide (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 1, 2016
Good work place to work at. Nice people to work with. They have good benefits to offer. The work is very easy to do in you would love the work environment
Pros
Frer Lunch
Cons
Health c
always money to be earned
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNNovember 25, 2016
Plenty of hours for help with unexpected bills. Staff is sometimes hard to get along with at first. You have to earn you right to be there it seemed at first.
Management was sorry
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMNovember 21, 2016
Poor work conditions no breaks alwaysbshort staffed for residents short of supplies to care for residents needs housekeeping was always bad mostly do to lack of materials to do the job
Pros
Cons
What breaks
resident to CNA work load ratio is awful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 10, 2016
Management is horrid, they dont listen or deal with worker or resident complaints very well if ever. disrespected and talked down to. under paid and over worked. the activity assistants get just under a CNA but dose a fraction of the work. poor benefits
Pros
decent CNA LPN and RNs to work with
Cons
short brakes and long shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan Society. Our community is ready to answer.