Good Samaritan Society Employee Reviews

Productive place to work with caring staff
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lodi, WIJanuary 8, 2016
Pass medications to seventeen to thirty two residents. Evaluate and assess residents if needed. I have learned to prioritize and work in a efficient and timely manner. The people I work with are caring individuals for the residents they car for. the hardest part of the job is when a resident passes away. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am able to help a resident with what ever thy may need and making them happy.
Pros
Able to discuss resident issues with other staff to come up with a plan of action.
Cons
Sometimes having to stay and work the next shift if someone calls in.
productive and fun empolyees, very approachable.
Student Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJanuary 6, 2016
Typically started my day at 7 AM and ended between 2-4 PM depending on the case load.

Therapy manager was great and very kind.

Hardest part of the job was working around food schedules to complete ADLS
Pros
free coffee, flexibility, iPads for documentation
Cons
food schedules
Excellent company with excellent people
Interim Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 6, 2016
Truly enjoy working with all the individuals associated with The Good Samaritan Society. Everyone associated with the company is of a top caliber from a professional standpoint. Always willing to work and answer questions.
Pros
Great resources at National Campus and locally
Cons
Speed at which decisions are made
Productive & rewarding environment to work in
Payroll and Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJanuary 6, 2016
My days were filled with many aspects, which required multi-tasking.
I always embraced the challenges of my work days, and felt fulfilled with what I was able to accomplish in any given work day. My work ethics and pride in my job are only two of the traits that I am happy to possess.
Pros
Daily contact & interaction with residents of the facility
very unprofessional
CNA (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NEDecember 16, 2015
in a typical work day, you would come in short-staffed (CNA's running two halls at once), you would hardly every get a break, management was never there to talk to, you would get scheduled on days you should be. If census was low, you wouldn't get requested hours. worked 9+ hours for an 8 hour shift.
Pros
Cons
not very many breaks, no benifits, short staffed
Loved the Residents
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MNDecember 6, 2015
Good place to learn new things. Management needs some help, and some support. Management wants to help co-workers, but not take time out. Residents are not always the main focus for co-workers. Pay is low, but there is benefits. Shifts can be stressful, and long. Co-workers are always quitting, and the turnover is not good.
Pros
residents
Cons
communication
Fun and productive
Director of Nursing Services (DNS) (Current Employee) –  Atkinson, NEDecember 2, 2015
Overall very great place to work. I enjoy the atmosphere and the people that work there. I love working for this company but I am looking for a change of geography. I love being in warm areas and that is why I am looking to relocate to a warmer environment. I have nothing bad to say about the company at all.
Fun place to work and is very resident focused.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wymore, NENovember 11, 2015
Good Sam is very focused on the care residents received and care about their staff as well. Activities are done with the residents everyday of the week and on weekends and staff is invited to join in on the fun .
its just a job
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 10, 2015
rules can change from day to day or person to person, high favoritism in all ranks, high turnover due to sometimes heavy workload, dietary does as less as possible so busy CNAs take on their jobs as well
Pros
good money
Cons
favortism, bad politics
fun place to work for
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  East Grand Forks, MNNovember 2, 2015
I love to get up in the morning to get ready to go to work cause i just know i am going to a job that is so much fun just seeing the residents makes me smile every time i get to talk to them
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
short breaks
Oh boy
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 23, 2015
Staffing and scheduling. Not much more I can say. Please check out how many staff there are working with you. You may be expected to answer call lights and toilet a bunch of residents while passing meds.
Family like setting, working with the residents.
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILOctober 16, 2015
I loved my job functions, getting to know the residents on a personal level, the friendly atmosphere with the employees, the early start time, and a hot meal every day. These things made it easy to love my job. Sometimes it's the smaller things that count.
Cons
Not full time.
Productive Palce to Work
Cerified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, AROctober 14, 2015
A day at work for me, was sometimes challenging. No all the your co-workers got along. Management, would never listen to us CNA's. I learn, that being a CNA is very physically, emotionally, mentally demanding, it is not a job for the weak. The hardest part of my job is losing a resident. It is very hard for your emotions not to get in the way of you caring for your other residents. The most enjoyable part of my job is going home and knowing that I made a difference in someone's life, even if it was the smallest possible thing, it still makes a difference to them.
Pros
Great pay, and benenefits
Cons
Lack of Communication Drama
Enjoyed working with the older people.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, KSOctober 12, 2015
Most of the employees at this job were friendly and good to work with. I enjoyed the job because I was able to help people. The hardest part of the job was getting other staff members to understand and welcome a few changes.
love working with the residents
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NEOctober 11, 2015
I loved working with the elders. I am a very hands on person. I like to work one on one with the elders. This is the group I love to work with. I find them as my people.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
would have liked more hours
Very demanding, busy, patients is essential, strong team work
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT / TMA (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNOctober 10, 2015
Very fast pace environment, multi tasking is a must, accuracy and honesty, It's the type of work that is not only a pay check, but love, understanding and compassion is a must. We often get emotionally attached to our patients and it truly hits home when some pass away. The type of place with where communication and team work is a must, I generally work with a great group of girls that are very supportive and hard workers.
I found this facility to have a lot of favoritism when it came to employees
CNA (Former Employee) –  Postville, IAOctober 2, 2015
I did all evening shifts so all evening shift work was taking clients to supper, getting them ready for bed, and checking on them for cares all through the night. The hardest part of this job was getting close to the clients and dealing with the loss when they would pass away. I did learn to be able to handle this after some time. I loved the work, but there was a lot of favoritism between staff. I had a hard time being accepted by some of my coworkers, being the new CNA and also one of the youngest at this facility. One in particular who had been there for years had a history of being allowed to be negative to employees. My motto was that I am here to help the clients and make a difference in their lives, not to be drawn into someone else's negative way of treating co-workers. I handled this by going through the proper channels of command. I enjoyed the conversations and getting to know each patient individually as well as getting to know their families. I liked that I could help them be as comfortable as possible. They deserve to be treated with kindness and respect.
Pros
using my skills, the hours, getting more experience in this field
Cons
bad attitudes of a couple of co-workers
non-productive work enviornment
HSBC (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls SDOctober 1, 2015
Home Health Billing is a mess. Many redundancies. I learned that as long as you're close friends with the manager, no matter how bad you are at your job, she'd cover for you. And since I didn't respond to that type of work enviornment, I was let go.
I had a few co-workers that I worked well with. The hardest part about this job was the minimal training on the MANY systems they used to do the billing. Also, the fact that most of the time I was told to use someone else's Password and ID to use these systems and sites due to the slow process of our IT department (which was vast).
There was nothing about this job that was enjoyable for me, except devotional time. My manager, who had been there only 6 months prior to me was very young with way less experience than I. So, when she was asked a question, she really had no idea how to answer it. I was given Home Health Centers that had multiple issues ranging back to 4 years prior to my existence with the company that I was expected to clean up within 30 days. I was also the only person on our team of billers who had 5 centers to handle. I learned that after I was let go that several others left and/or got fired. I'm not suprised. Their issue would best be resolved if they took a look at their management and their billing processes.
Pros
Devotional time
Cons
Many things
Good place to work. Administrative team worked well together.
Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSSeptember 7, 2015
I accepted the position at Good Samaritan Dodge City in order to work closer to home. Good Samaritan has an excellent training program. They also allow their administrator flexibility in decision making and provide then information with which to make informed decisions.
Pros
close to home, hard working administrative team
Cons
high turn over of front line staff
Care for seniors, number 1 priority
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 4, 2015
Currently there are many changes taking place to GSS but quality senior care holds as number one priority. The Director of Nursing is new but she is very proficient and caring for GSS residents.