Good Samaritan Society

Good Samaritan Society Employer Reviews

Dietary Manager (Current Employee), inver grove heightsFebruary 5, 2015
Good benefits from a national co. family oriented, great co workers,decent hours great learning and work place, good benifits,
GREAT CO-WORKERS AND FANTASTIC RESIDENTS
MDS COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Prescott Valley, AZFebruary 3, 2015
MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB IS SEEING THE RESIDENTS EVERY DAY, AND BEING ONE LARGE FAMILY. WE ARE A CHRISTIAN BASED ORGANIZATION.
Exciting and energetic
Personal care provider (Current Employee), Loveland, COFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free gym, swimming pool, free snacks.
Cons: short breaks, not very long shifts.
Everyday is always fun to go in and do you job. For the most part, everyone is very friendly and welcoming. Depending what department you work for, they will answer all your questions and take time to get to know you and your back round. I would highly recommend this facility for employment.
Don't work for this company! Good Sam Warrem MN
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Warren, MNJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: there isn't any
Cons: everything..this place sucks!
Worst place to work. CNA has 20 residents who they are responsible for. Low pay and you work your butt off. You get treated like dirt while all the office people sit around and drink coffee while you work like a low paid slave. never going back!
can be over whelming
State Tested Nurse's Aide (Former Employee), Arlington, OHJanuary 2, 2015
hard when you get attached and then a resident passes. can be hard work stressful.
Small facility
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Newell, IADecember 26, 2014
There were not many residents at this small facility in a small town. The management was nice. The co-workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was working with limited staffing. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the residents on a personal basis.
Wonderful
LPN (Current Employee), Waconia, MNDecember 19, 2014
Very caring Christian place to work, great support from most of upper management.
Residents are amazing but everything else isn't
Medication Aide/CNA (Current Employee), Moscow, IDDecember 17, 2014
Pros: residents, facility
Cons: everything else
The co-workers, for the most part, are not team minded and are bitter. Whereas the residents are great and the facility is nice it is extremely hard to work there because of the people who manage you and because of the co-workers. The pay is not what you deserve for the work you do.
challenging but worthwhile
LPN/Staff Development Coordinator/QAPI Coordinator (Current Employee), Jeffersontown, KYDecember 7, 2014
Typical work day is busy. Different staff needs throughout the day; orientation, computer workings, assessing education needs, working with administration continuously, conduct and lead quality assurance performance improvement.

I learned how to approach and deal with different staff members according to culture and work ethics; including administration and floor workers (dietary, nursing, environmental services).

hardest part of job is encouraging management as well as all floor staff to do what Corporate policy/procedure entails.

Getting people to do the things that they are required to do is the most enjoyable part of the job
great place to work
Services@Home Manager (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great workplace environment
professional work environment, opportunity to grow, great support from headquarter
Caring environment
Nursing Assistant Clinicals (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 2, 2014
Completed my clinicals here for my certified nurse aide course with Anamarc College in El Paso, Texas. Here I practiced all the skills I learned in class and met some wonderful and beautiful residents with beautiful and interesting life stories. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and talking to the elderly, who I feel have so much wisdom and life experience to learn from.
Fun, Christian environment
Dietary Office Assistant (Current Employee), Denton, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation!
Cons: -
Great place to work with lots of lovely people! It's a not-for-profit organization so they have the ability to focus more on quality care rather than quantity of care.
An enjoyable day at work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Selby, SDNovember 16, 2014
Work was like a second home. I enjoyed all the residents I worked with and they became like family to me. I would clock in and spend my day caring for anyone that needed help. When it was time to eat I would help bring all the residents to the dinning room, serve them their meal and for those who were unable to feed themselves I would assist them in eating. I would help assist to bathroom and bathing. Change linen and undress and redress the residents. The other staff members were also like family, we were a team and would always help each other.
Nation's largest non-profit long-term care organization
Regional Operations Secretary (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDNovember 14, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed working at The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society. Our dedication to mission and ministry of nation's elderly is inspirational. I have been fortunate to grown both professionally and personally while working at the Good Samaritan Society
Awesome place
Current Housekeeping (Current Employee), Water Valley in Windsor, CONovember 14, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: bad careless management
Enjoy cleaning anywhere in building but strict limited schedule time of cleaning apartment.

Supervisor uses me for cleaning all the times while she texts too much especially Facebook during being on the clock. She spends more than one hour in one apartment while she s personally on her cell a lot.
work was hard but rewarding
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Pelican Rapids, MNNovember 7, 2014
Pros: helping the residents
I had a great time working at the Good Samaritan Society. I usually worked the morning shift, which consisted of getting the residents up for breakfast, feeding them as needed, doing para cares, and charting.
Nice place to work. Too bad employment hours are controlled by census
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Mount Carroll, ILOctober 27, 2014
Good place to work. Great employees. Frustration with too much work and not enough time or help to do it.
Would be a GREAT place to work if people worked as a team
Secretary (Current Employee), Hastings, NEOctober 24, 2014
Pros: flexable schedule
Cons: do not work as a team
Could be a really nice place to work if people would work as a team.
productive and great
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Peoria, AZOctober 16, 2014
I had a great experience working for this company and I feel people can learn a lot from working here.
Great Work Envirnment
CNA (Current Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 5, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: only eight hour shifts
This is a great work environment. The people there are friendly and helpful. Okay place to work if trying to find a bit of stability.

1 2 3 4 5