Good Samaritan Society Employee Reviews

Good Samaritan Society
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEDecember 16, 2017
I had many good years with Good Samaritan (23 years), but was very dissatisfied with how my employment ended with them. The facility I worked in was beautiful and my work area was comfortable.
Pros
Staff, residents and families
Cons
Nursing management
Charting takes much more time than you are paid for
RN, CFCN (Current Employee) –  South IslandDecember 15, 2017
They cannot keep staff. Charting is cumbersome and checked to ensure it is "correct". Management is better locally now. Gossip is part of the office culture and "prayer" precedes meetings and trainings.
avoid working in dietary
Dietary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNDecember 12, 2017
I was terminated after 2 weeks based on hearsay the dietary manager received from her grandchildren who also work for her. Then was told over the phone that i wasn't fired, and had technically quit
Summary of my job
CMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 11, 2017
My typical day at my job is clocking in and looking at my list of requirements. Accomplishing my task in a loving, caring, and in a safe way. Every resident is taken care of exactly, how they are suppose to be cared for.
Pros
fellow workers, loving residents
Cons
pay, hours
Would not recommend for an employee.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 9, 2017
I'm not sure where to start. In the years I'd worked here, management has given me every reason to quit but it was my residents who made me stay for so long. However, even the love for my residents wasn't enough to make me stay. Despite the fact that every employee should be there for the residents, everyone has divided themselves and the cattiness has only gotten worse. It is all too easy to get burnt out because of how much they force us to work short staffed.
Pros
Few benefits
Cons
Bad management, expensive insurance, short staffed, easily burnt out
The residents are what make work fun
Dietary Aide/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 7, 2017
If you’d ever want to work at good sams I’d probably work in the kitchen. The hours are nice and the people are pretty great too. It’s gets kind of repetitive so if you like a good routine everyday than it’s a good job for you
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
You have to do a lot more then what’s put in your job description l
Good place to work.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 7, 2017
Good place to work. Enjoyed the Christian atmosphere and flexiblity with job. Employees at the Good Samaritan Society are like a family and it is nice to be part of a family.
Stressful at times but when all the work is completed, I feel I accomplished my job correctly.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 2, 2017
Getting a report from second shift. The other CNA's & I would take a look at how many patients there were, then we would get our assigned patient. I learned to work as a team, when there is respect between your teammates. The hardest part was having to work overtime when the other shift would be late or would not come in at all.The most enjoyable part of the job was when the resident would ask about me. That would make me work even harder to make the patient feel welcome at our facility

Good Samaritan Society
Pros
Working with people that put the patient first.
Cons
Healthcare, working overtime after working all night
Poor management, nobody does their work
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Devils Lake, NDNovember 29, 2017
The manager was an awful lady to work with. She always found something wrong with what the coworkers and myself were doing even though we all did it it just the way she told us to. She was always mad. The CNA never brought down laundry on time and never rinsed out the clothes. Very stressful job.
Pros
residents, worked by myself mostly
Cons
poor management and training
It was an experience that was necessary.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenwood, MNNovember 28, 2017
I liked the experience and the residents were great but I did not like not being able to rely on staff not showing up on time or not at all. I loved the residents they were interesting people and I loved helping them out. I also did like some of my co workers but I had one that disappeared for 45 minutes when I needed them to help transfer a resident. I needed the experience for what can happen.
Pros
money, experience, and loved the residents.
Cons
poor management, unreliable co workers, and now they are closed down
Great People Great Support System
Interim Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mott, NDNovember 26, 2017
The people I worked with were great and the centralized infrastructure was very helpful to new employees. Highly recommend as a place to work. At times salaries seem a bit low in comparison however.
Pros
Great co-workers and support
Cons
Low salaries in some instances
Very Loving Environment, Treated Me Like Family. Christian Environment
CNA/Med Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NENovember 22, 2017
Really loved my job, Christian job, treated me like family. Paid me well and paid overtime. Appreciated my work and gave me time off when needed. Very respectful and understanding place to work.
Pros
Great Benefits and Compensation
Cons
Long Hours, Worked Short Alot
fun workplace
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pipestone, MNNovember 22, 2017
i loved working at good Samaritan its fun assisting residents with activities of daily living i was training to become a CNA overall i really enjoyed it
Pros
i liked to listen to residents stories
Cons
no cons for this job
Due to new management was a very poor work environment
RN/MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Belington, WVNovember 21, 2017
Day usually consisted of passing meds, charting, providing care. Days were supposed to be 12 hours but could turn into 20. Very poor work environment. Good thing about the job was the patient's we were caring for.
Pros
Patient's gratitude
Cons
Work environment, hours.
Overall, there are some good things about working here, but not as many positive things as I would hope to tell people about.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MNNovember 20, 2017
Ive worked at this place for many years, there has been plenty of good things that have come of it, alot learned-good and bad. Met alot of new people coming and going, residents, families, and coworkers, over the years there has been alot of changes to the facility, including new rules, remodeling, and new administration. Some of what I've agreed with, some not. Overall, i would reccomend some people to work there, but it takes a special person to take on the respinsibilities that come with it.
Pros
Getting to know the residents, where some of them become like family.
Cons
Management is poor, poor communication, and no team work
Stressful
CHARGE/FLOOR RN (Former Employee) –  Silverton, IDNovember 15, 2017
There is a complete lack of training for new employees and current employees are treated as disposable and no effort for staff development is in evidence. Expectations from management are not clear and communication is lacking. The CNAs are amazing and provide stellar care. The best part of the job is the residents and their families. The "Good Sam Way" is not reflective at this particular facility. The residents are VERY well cared for and loved but the environment is extremely stressful and staff walks on eggshells fearing write-ups or termination at any point.
Pros
The residents and support staff
Cons
Poor training
Great place to grow spiritually at
Nursing Assistant in process of getting certified (Current Employee) –  Mountain Lake, MNNovember 14, 2017
A typical day at work would depend on the day like most places we were always short therefore that always made the day a little more hectic but doable. I learned how to take care of others and go spiritually with them not only did i grow with them but near them, this is a job you get attached to the residents but have to be okay to let go when the time comes. Hardest part of the job is letting go. I think my staff or my residents stories were the most enjoyable part of my job
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Short staffed
Day
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Algona, IANovember 13, 2017
you get treated bad by some nurses.. but you love your residents. You learn that not everything in the company is fair. you learn that it only matters what office thinks and you suck it up because you love you job and family net you make with some of them.
Stressful job with great people
Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 13, 2017
Very good employees at Good Samaritan very family like work environment, just the pay isn't worth the amount of work they'll have you doing. Very stressful trying to meet the requirements or desires of all the residents. Management could use some turnaround, a lot of people who are in management or who "call the shots" only received their jobs because of who they are friends with. If you plan on moving up in this company you have to be great at sucking up to your superiors. P.S. They have a convicted felon who was fired from stealing from the community, running one of the biggest jobs in Good Samaritan at the moment, let's just take that into perspective.. All because the director loves him like a "son", and that's all there is to know about the Good Samaritan Society.
Pros
Very nice people
Cons
Horrible Management
Horrible Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waconia, MNNovember 11, 2017
A typical day involves helping residents with their ADL's.

Management doesn't care about their staff, always understaffed and when they do hire new staff they don't last for more than a couple of weeks. I felt as if I was in high school with some of the staff, as well as upper management always talking about you behind your back. Also if you call in even if you are extremely ill or have an emergency, they require a note or you have to pick up a shift to make up for the time that you missed.
Upper management doesn't care about the well-being of the staff and if you need time off good luck trying to request it off because it will not be approved, and nobody will pick up your shift.
They do not work around school schedules and make you feel guilty for going to school.
Pros
some staff friendships, residents
Cons
everything, understaffed, pay, not willing to work with you, gossip, treated poorly, etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan Society. Our community is ready to answer.