Good Samaritan Society

Good Samaritan Society Employer Reviews

challenging but worthwhile
LPN/Staff Development Coordinator/QAPI Coordinator (Current Employee), Jeffersontown, KYDecember 7, 2014
Typical work day is busy. Different staff needs throughout the day; orientation, computer workings, assessing education needs, working with administration continuously, conduct and lead quality assurance performance improvement.

I learned how to approach and deal with different staff members according to culture and work ethics; including administration – more... and floor workers (dietary, nursing, environmental services).

hardest part of job is encouraging management as well as all floor staff to do what Corporate policy/procedure entails.

Getting people to do the things that they are required to do is the most enjoyable part of the job – less
great place to work
Services@Home Manager (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great workplace environment
professional work environment, opportunity to grow, great support from headquarter
Caring environment
Nursing Assistant Clinicals (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 2, 2014
Completed my clinicals here for my certified nurse aide course with Anamarc College in El Paso, Texas. Here I practiced all the skills I learned in class and met some wonderful and beautiful residents with beautiful and interesting life stories. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and talking to the elderly, who I feel have so much wisdom – more... and life experience to learn from. – less
Fun, Christian environment
Dietary Office Assistant (Current Employee), Denton, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation!
Cons: -
Great place to work with lots of lovely people! It's a not-for-profit organization so they have the ability to focus more on quality care rather than quantity of care.
An enjoyable day at work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Selby, SDNovember 16, 2014
Work was like a second home. I enjoyed all the residents I worked with and they became like family to me. I would clock in and spend my day caring for anyone that needed help. When it was time to eat I would help bring all the residents to the dinning room, serve them their meal and for those who were unable to feed themselves I would assist them in – more... eating. I would help assist to bathroom and bathing. Change linen and undress and redress the residents. The other staff members were also like family, we were a team and would always help each other. – less
Nation's largest non-profit long-term care organization
Regional Operations Secretary (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDNovember 14, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed working at The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society. Our dedication to mission and ministry of nation's elderly is inspirational. I have been fortunate to grown both professionally and personally while working at the Good Samaritan Society
Awesome place
Current Housekeeping (Current Employee), Water Valley in Windsor, CONovember 14, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: bad careless management
Enjoy cleaning anywhere in building but strict limited schedule time of cleaning apartment.

Supervisor uses me for cleaning all the times while she texts too much especially Facebook during being on the clock. She spends more than one hour in one apartment while she s personally on her cell a lot.
work was hard but rewarding
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Pelican Rapids, MNNovember 7, 2014
Pros: helping the residents
I had a great time working at the Good Samaritan Society. I usually worked the morning shift, which consisted of getting the residents up for breakfast, feeding them as needed, doing para cares, and charting.
Nice place to work. Too bad employment hours are controlled by census
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Mount Carroll, ILOctober 27, 2014
Good place to work. Great employees. Frustration with too much work and not enough time or help to do it.
Would be a GREAT place to work if people worked as a team
Secretary (Current Employee), Hastings, NEOctober 24, 2014
Pros: flexable schedule
Cons: do not work as a team
Could be a really nice place to work if people would work as a team.
productive and great
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Peoria, AZOctober 16, 2014
I had a great experience working for this company and I feel people can learn a lot from working here.
Great Work Envirnment
CNA (Current Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 5, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: only eight hour shifts
This is a great work environment. The people there are friendly and helpful. Okay place to work if trying to find a bit of stability.
Poor work culture
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), DeLand, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: wonderful residents, food is pretty good
Cons: management does not fulfill the company mission
I loved my job only because of the residents. Management was very unfriendly and hard to get along with. The facility is full of drama and gossip. I enjoyed my day only because I stayed to myself.
A comfortable environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Silverton, IDSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free dinners on evening shift, some downtime during shift
Cons: not flexible with schedules concerning school etc...
A typical day at work included starting shift right after reports. Very short staffed so you were always kept busy. Co-workers were off and on, some were great team members others were not. Management was short-staffed so they were almost always behind schedule. Most enjoyable part of the job was the one on one spent with the residents.
High Standards
CNA (Former Employee), arizonaAugust 25, 2014
Pros: reasonable pay, work atmosphere
Cons: short staff at times
This was my first nursing home job as a CNA and I was thoroughly impressed with the high standards the facility held towards the residents and work ethics. The director of nursing and management were very professional and worked with you in everything you needed help with. The nursing staff I worked with were amazing. The only problem I found when I – more... started working for this company were some of the employees thinking they were better than you. Of course every company is going to have those kind of employees, but I never let it affect me. I was there to do what I loved to do to help assist the elderly and also to provide for my family. The hardest part of the job was making sure that everyone was safe. Usually there were only two CNA's out on the floor on NOC shift so it was very had to keep an eye on 13 to 20 residents. The most enjoyable part of my job was giving my all and time for the residents. It was a very rewarding feeling for me because I know I am there to help them at a time in their life when they need help the most. – less
Productive and fun work enviornment
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNAugust 24, 2014
Pros: lunch areas
Cons: short breaks
Very fast paced work place, Team work, Lots of paperwork and Customer service job
Compassionate caring workplace
CNA (Former Employee), Westbrook, MNAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor wages
Assisting with ADL,s.
Teamwork is best
need good management
not all co-workers are compassionate
all can be challenging
helping residents and their families
Willing to work with people
CNA (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IAJuly 31, 2014
I like working for good samaritan. The people were great and the environment was wonderful.
Working in Nursing Home environment
CNA (Current Employee), Atwood, KSJuly 29, 2014
Pros: able to work any shift that works great with your at home schedule
Cons: short breaks
My day working on a 2200-0600 shift (currently) is we usually do chores which consist of changing out hand towels, vitals signs being taking, and new water pitchers taken in to residents room. We will occasionally be putting a few residents to bed. I have learned in the past 5 years that some shifts do not get along at all but team work is always in – more... the works no matter what shift you are on. My coworkers are always hard at work and usually keeping a close eye on what is new on residents. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the elderly passing for I have gotten attached to them as well as their families and it is so hard to see their families going through such a hard time. The most enjoyable part of my job is changing the lives of residents. Reassuring the residents that their lives are in excellent hands as I take care of them on a daily basis. – less
Hard work, good hours, low pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJuly 28, 2014
Pros: good hours, fun caring supervisor
Cons: low pay, poor teamwork with other departments
Nursing staff made more of a mess than residents, issue was never addressed. Direct supervisor was caring and understanding. Usually short staffed due to people quitting because of low pay.

1 2 3 4 5