Good Samaritan Society Employee Reviews

Loved the residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: taking care of patients
Cons: no communications
Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patients, the lack of communication needs improvement (for example, waited at the last minute to inform the aides to get the patients ready for their doctor's appointment.)
Politics of religion and politics of government makes healthcare chaos
cna (Former Employee), brainerdJuly 26, 2015
It was an ok place to work. there were staffing issues, lower wages, high resident to staff ratio, overall a very difficult place to work. Management needed to reestablish positive relationships with burnt out staff.
Good Place to work depending on who you work with
anonymous (Former Employee), Prescott, AZJuly 24, 2015
This is a company who doesn't seem to care as much for their employees as they do the money the company makes. Other than that they were a good company to work for. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people who were unable to help themselves anymore.
Very good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Arthur, NDJuly 21, 2015
Take care of all the maintenance work around the facility and supervise the grounds keeper. Need excellent time management to be sure everything gets taken care of and completed in the facility.
Fun work environment!
Nurse Manager/MDS Coordinator (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJuly 15, 2015
Great place to work. Staff are all willing to help each other out. Goon benefits, including PTO. Solid management and very approachable.
Good team, lot of work
staff nurse (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: team environment
Cons: too much time on medications
While working as a floor nurse I was a part of a team, but teamwork was not always noticeable. I cared about the Residents. Management was not always as visible as I would like, but they were available when asked for help. The medication pass took too much of the time from each shift and lacked the chance to utilize all my skills.
Lovely place to work and exceptional people to work with.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Tyndall, SDJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Learned something new everyday
Cons: Hated to leave wished there was a Good Samaritan here in Texas.
I loved working there, moved back home to Texas after finishing my treatments. The people were great and very helpful. The family and residents were all kind and took care of each other with great enthusiasm.
residents are awesome
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Oberlin, Ks.July 9, 2015
not good place to work. I worked my but off everyday and the admin fired me for disruption of work schedules. I worked the hours she demanded. was fired the day after I turned in a health concern.
Nice facility with hard working staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Murray, KYJune 25, 2015
This facility is small enough in size that family members can reach their resident in a reasonable amount of time without getting lost. The on site community store allows family members to purchase goodies for their resident without making that extra stop at the grocery store. I love how caring each and every staff member is. The pay is great. I would definitely work here again.
Friendly and knowledgeable staff
Nurse (Current Employee), Spokan Valley, WaJune 3, 2015
Pros: clean environment, friendly staff, knowledgeable managers
I've worked for this company for the past three and a half years, there has never had a dull moment. It's a great place to work for good experience in healthcare. Fellow coworkers are friendly, and the managers are kind and understanding. Each day is different from the next.
amazing enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, MNMay 24, 2015
Pros: wonderful stories and great learning experience
Cons: pay
helped residents with ADLs. activities of daily living. overall a decent place to work they really care about their employees
Employee retention is a top priority
Staff Development Coordinator (Current Employee), Brainerd, MNMay 5, 2015
Pros: They always put the residents rights first
Cons: Hindered by lower [ay scale
Good Samaritan Society=Bethany is a good comapny to work for. They encourage advancement in all levels and strive for a better work place enviroment.
Good pay lousy part time hours
Cook (Current Employee), Sister Bay, WIApril 24, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: lousy hours
Good starting pay. It be better if given full time hours. And scheduling especially mid day is inconvenient. The menu is a little redundant and the food quality should be a bit higher for its residents.
Fun and Productive Workplace
Activities Department Intern (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLApril 14, 2015
Mingled with residents, learned the ins and outs of the activities department, manager was friendly, and the co-workers were awesome.
Poor management, No Job Security
Payroll Clerk, reception, account receivables (Current Employee), Boise VillageApril 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Management
Poor management.. No support to do your job, Lack of leaderhip. Stressful environment. Supervisor involved themselves in so many activities no related with work that it is almost impossible to reach the when you have a question.
Good Director of Nursing
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Aztec, NMApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great director of nursing
Great Director of Nursing, The director of nursing is great! The work environment was good. What I learned is great communications is must. The hardest part was letting go of a resident that has pass.
CNA
CNA (Former Employee), Red Oak, IAMarch 25, 2015
1. day to day
2. love for resident
3.Management ok
4. Co-work ok
5.when my resident passed
6. enjoyment getting paid
I have learned to be respectful of resident lively hood.
upbeat great place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Selby, SDMarch 23, 2015
great place to work, many positive cnas and nurses who love their job and are very passionate about it. Overall very great place to work!
This was an enjoyable place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Waterville, MNMarch 18, 2015
This job was enjoyable because it was very patient focused and the staff were easy to get along with. The day to day work included: taking care of resident needs and assisting the nursing staff.
A fun-filled , but stressful environment
Daycare Teacher (Current Employee), Syracuse, NEMarch 11, 2015
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: stressful kids
I enjoy teaching children and helping them grow and preparing them for the future. It is stressful when the kids get upset or don't listen or pay attention. I learned a lot more about patience. The most enjoyable part is watching the kids learn and have fun. The hardest part is when they don't listen.