Good Samaritan Employee Reviews

Terrible Experience
MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 2, 2017
Good Samaritan was a terrible place to work. The manager lied to get me in trouble. She did it over and over again. I was being asked to work 45-50 hours a week and was not given health insurance or any benefits.
Productive and fun
Camp Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 22, 2017
It was fast paced and I was worked hard, but hours felt like seconds throughout the day. If you love working with kids then you would love this job. I was able to help the kids go to camp and grow more as people. As long as you're their for the kids and knowing everything you do is to help someone else than this is the job to do.
good place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 12, 2017
I loved working here was good job for me everyone was nice and if you did not know what you were doing the would help you .Iearned alot of skills from this company
Fun and friendly workplace
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 8, 2017
Hardest part of the job was doing so many task at one time but it was a great expereince. I love how i can work at home and do my work comfortably and safe.
Friendly and open
Cna (Current Employee) –  New hOctober 17, 2017
I’ve been here a few months seems like a decent place to get started in the nursing field and work your way up. Director of nursing pretty nice answers questions and very involved. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. They always thank you for your work and make you feel appreciated. Rn are pretty nice and helpful.
Temporary job
Light Housekeeping/ Personal Care (Former Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLOctober 2, 2017
This job was temporary. I was hired because my existing patient was eligible for a nursing aide through their insurance. Good Samaritan hired me due to the fact I already knew the patient and the patient requested me.
Pros
great side job
Cons
was temporary
Just employment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, OHSeptember 12, 2017
A typical day at this place would be starting your day off with aids and nurses standing around gossiping about residents and co-workers. Some of the colorful language can be quite intimidating and offensive. And i found it hard to take any work related issues to someone of higher authority because they were quick to jump sides with whomever been there longer. On the bight side I met some amazing residents and grew attached to them very quickly.
Pros
its not a smoke free facility
Cons
a long way from living up to the mission statement
Residents are wonderful people to be around, Very poor management
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 4, 2017
The workplace management is unprofessional and disorderly. Shift rotations are frowned upon, the kitchen manager would act vulgar and physical where not appropriate, and there was always someone stuck with everyone else's mess from the previous shift. Downright unprofessional. I did love helping the elderly residents.
Pros
Got to meet much older residents, very nice cool people they knew a lot
Cons
Management was bias, incriminating and passive aggressive
Great Place
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IA 52803August 18, 2017
This was my first CNA job and it was a really great experience. There was great co-workers and patients. Everyone really pitched in to get everything done.
It was a great job!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  East Grand Forks, MNAugust 17, 2017
I think that working here was great because not only did i meet great people but i learned quick. I was comfortable and was happy in my position. Management was a little off but i think that it is a great expierence.
Pros
People
Cons
Well... You could make it better
Liberal, Kansas - Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSAugust 14, 2017
I think this place can improve a lot. You just need to put a lot of elbow grease and not be afraid to pay your workers.. and hire more people.. and make sure you help each other.
Pros
Popcorn machine? 2-15 minutes break and 1-30 min break
Cons
no free lunch. one person per hall
Lpn
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNAugust 7, 2017
I enjoy my experience at Good Samaritan. I learned many nursing skills and how to work as a team. A typical day is passing out medication and patient treatments. It is important to make sure that client needs are met physically, mentally, and emotionally. I really enjoy what I do, I like to make a difference in a persons day even if its a small thing, just a smile can make someone's day.
Pros
A great learning experience
Cons
Short staffed at times
Good staff to work with but work itself was stressful
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 31, 2017
Good Samaritan staff are a very experienced and dedicated bunch but the work environment at times were very stressful. The compensation did not match with the amount of work performed day to day.
Pros
Great staff to work with.
Cons
Copensation for work and time off issues
nursing home
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aztec, NMJuly 3, 2017
i really enjoyed this nursing home. they appreciate the workers there and the pay was great. i wish i still worked there. i loved the residents there and the people
Pros
great lunch
Cons
strict team
Good place to learn
REHABILITATION AND ACUTE CARE VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJune 21, 2017
There quite a lot of opportunities here. The other aides do a good job of making sure you have plenty of chances to learn. There are less opportunities to interact with therapists though.
liked working here
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fennimore, WIJune 1, 2017
I liked working here. The work environment was great they always had what we needed when it came to supplies. Residents always came first. Very clean nursing home.
Pros
a lot of staff
Cons
a lot of people to take care of
Unpleasent and gross, No stability
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSMay 31, 2017
There wasn't a DON for most of my time working there. When there was a scabies outbreak I asked my boss for the prevenative medication, I was told there was a limited supply and I didn't need it anyway because I wasn't in close contact. A month later I was diagnosed. I eventually quit because I was being sexually harassed by the bosses son, and nothing was being done about it.
Cons
short staffed, harrasment
Great place
Project PREMIE - Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMay 24, 2017
Great place to build a career. They provided me with the support I needed to go back to school and further my education in becoming an addiction counselor.
Under paid
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Quad CitiesMay 22, 2017
You are never left alone they call you on your days off even if you have requested (unpaid) time off and are on the other side of the US. Your schedule is never the same. It typically changes by the hour.
Pros
You spend your days with awesome older people.
Cons
Literally every aspect of the job but the clients.
Fun place to work
TMA (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNMay 20, 2017
At Good Samaritan it's like family we we work together to get the job done. We love our residents and they love us there is alot of activities for them we play live music,and there is also a cat name Isabel.
Pros
We get employee appreciation lunches
Cons
Breaks are great