Good Samaritan Employee Reviews

Kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Fennimoore, wiFebruary 5, 2017
Good coworkers and a good environment. The work as a KA, ED, cook can be challenging but is worth it. You can learn a lot and have a chance to do more than one thing.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Short shifts
Setting up room
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jasper, GAJanuary 28, 2017
I Setup and cleaned up room before and after each person .I work chair side with many different dentist. I ran the auto clave that cleaned the items we used for day to day working on the mouth.
Pros
learning new thing
Cons
0 pay
Very Friendly Staff
Laundry/House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MNJanuary 24, 2017
I loved working with the People I worked with, and also loved seeing the residents everyday when I was at work. I would come into work clock in go and gather my cleaning supplies and get to work. I cleaned all the residents rooms daily and the othes that I Deep cleaned the day before I would switch and go to the other ones that need cleaning.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Cleaning the toilets
productive workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Union, IAJanuary 20, 2017
First id clock in and check what wing i am on and start to take people to there designated areas. I learned some employees and residence can be difficult but you need to step back and take deep breath. Great workplace. Hardest part is when a resident passes. most enjoyable is the residence stories.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Short breakd
decent place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJanuary 10, 2017
best part of job is patients. there is a lot of favoritism. and seem to be on all shifts. but bad on day shift. can talk to some supervisors about it but not all.
Cons
have to leave for breaks if you are a smoker
Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winthrop, MNDecember 28, 2016
I learned to love and enjoy my time with the resident I care for. I do not recommend a job in Winthrop they have poor scheduling and most of the coworkers cause drama and deface you. The only thing I love about working here is the patients.
productive and fun
Laundry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Estherville, IADecember 27, 2016
Fun and creative place to work with various opportunitys to succeed in whatever you want to do with training and great manangement to help with every need.
Pros
easy access to fridge and freezer
Cons
short breaks
Hard coworkers.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyndall, SDDecember 25, 2016
I like my profession as a CNA, but I do not like working at Good Sam. The co-workers are hard to work with, and there is hardly ever partnership between anyone. It seems like a lot of people are judgemental.
Pros
It has good benefits that come with working there.
Cons
Co-workers are hard to work with, no flexibility.
An ok job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  New Underwood, SDDecember 22, 2016
Some of the people you work with are not as enjoyable as the rest. But all of the residents that are there are so sweet. When you get to work you help the residents in, serve them the food and then when they leave you clean up.
Very busy fun atmosphere
Registered Nurse, Charge, Rehab-Long Term Care (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 20, 2016
Great place to work if you like to stay busy. Always new opportunities and availability to work overtime. New learning experiences also. I learned assertive skills, delegation skills, new nursing skills such as tube feeding, trach care, suctioning, wound vac, working with geriatrics and the problems they face. The hardest part of this job was finding day care to meet their needs.
Pros
flexible schedule, fun atmosphere
Cons
daycare
Great Place to work
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INDecember 12, 2016
Great place to work. Always greeted with a smile in the hallways by other employees. Great atmosphere. Money isn't the greatest but the job makes up for it. Hard to advance very far if you don't have a degree in Healthcare field.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No females in security. No Breaks on the weekends
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Hope, MNDecember 7, 2016
Facility is really nice and clean. Newly renovated unit. Provides a lot of training ti prepare new hires. Management is really helpful. Staff are friendly.
Pros
A lot of paid trainings
Cons
Some of the old staff has a hard time accepting new hires
productive workplace
Good Samaritan Society (Former Employee) –  Lennox, SDNovember 25, 2016
A typical day at work was eventful and good. I learned how to keep rooms nice and clean also with bathrooms. I learned about teamwork and time management. The management was good and respectful. My co-workers kept to themselves and did what they had to do and when they could they talked to me. The hardest part of the job was the constant repeating of everything. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to know that the residents had clean rooms and bathrooms.
Pros
making residents happy
Cons
short breaks
Get on the bus
Intake Worker (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INNovember 17, 2016
Working for Good Samaritan allowed me to help others, which is my passion. I've gained several skills to carry me throughout life. The workload and environment was appropriate.
Pros
payroll deduct
staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IANovember 2, 2016
staff was okay great center, nice to work there wish for more breaks and I enjoyed working here wish they treated staff better
Pros
nice pay
Cons
to much drama
a caring facility for residents and staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNOctober 28, 2016
a shift was printing daily assignment sheets, completion of all duties. doing routine safety checks and cares on all residents. Normally on the overnight position you worked alone with 1 nurse that would rotate duties between 3 locations but always available by phone if needed
good place
CNA (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAOctober 26, 2016
Get place to work with a great team
Taking care of old peoples everyday needs
listening to old people talk about life an how things use to be
you learn to enjoy being young
management is great
Enjoyed helping people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTOctober 3, 2016
Answering phones, filing, writing documents, opening mail and making sure it was documented in the correct book. I learned so much about the homeless problem in Helena. The hardest part of the job was having to hear the sad stories that clients had lived through. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people.
Co-Workers
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 22, 2016
The co-workers I worked for were doctors & they each had there own way they liked things to be done. I loved that about them, & I got to learn so much from each doctor. They thought me so many things.
Awesome coworkers, and very organized, very early hrs though.
lab support tech (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working here. The supervisors listened to your problems and were discreet. Good work environment.training was very good.
Pros
Regular schedule, breaks given in timely manner
Cons
4 am came way too early lol

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan. Our community is ready to answer.