GOOD SAMARITAN

GOOD SAMARITAN Employer Reviews

This place is a hard place for new people to come into a situation.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Beatrice, NESeptember 9, 2014
A lot of people who work here don't like to help the new people, very high turnover.
Poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), ArizonaSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: compassionate co-workers
Cons: disastrous management
This is a good place to start out as a new RN. You will learn a lot quickly due to very limited training. Management doesn't know their head from their butts and are very unsupportive. RNs and caregivers are compassionate and give good care, despite very low pay. Not a place I would return to.
Enjoyable
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee), Bettendorf, IASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: being able to make up your own schedule
Cons: not offering us any health benefits or pay increase
I love the job and the patients, I have learned a lot about different illnesses and how they can affect people differently. I work with a lot of great people. The hardest part of the job for me, is when I see a patient pass away. I think the most enjoyable part of the job is listening to the patients and or relatives tell stories about their lives.
nice clients and good team work between caregivers
home heatlh aide (Current Employee), bettendorf,iaSeptember 2, 2014
light cleaning, errands, cooking and companionship throughout the day.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: working with all kinds of people
Cons: working late and long shift
My typical day at the hospital consist on patient care and taking vitals. Working with new people everyday was a fantastic experience. The hardest part of my job was having to work 12 hour shifts. I worked the night shift, so it made it difficult. I enjoyed my job very much. Taking care of people was something I had always loved to do.
Great Experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), ArizonaJuly 15, 2014
Pros: new horizons
Cons: not very considerate for single mothers with young children.
Employed though Sonora Quest, Good Samaritan Hospital was great experience for me. I learned to work the ER and Trauma with ease. I loved it. It was fast pace and exciting every minute was a new trial of where you can go with your skills.
Busy, Busy, Busy
ER Supervisor/Disaster Coordinator (Former Employee), Los AngelesJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good relationships
Cons: very busy er
I worked at Good Sam for 18 years and developed good friendships over the years. I worked closely with the doctors and enjoyed the learning experience they provided. Due to the location of the hospital our cliental was interesting and colorful. As the old cliché says "Never a dull moment"
Difficult to work in the enviroment
Nursing Assistant/ Trained Medication Aide (Former Employee), New Hope, MNJuly 3, 2014
Cons: very poor communication with management
Very difficult to have meeting with managers. Scheduling is disorganized.

Patients were wonderful.

Staff did not work as a team.
Productive and safe workplace.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Croix Falls, WIJune 24, 2014
A day at work includes caring for residents and helping with ADL's. I learned that you work hard and safe no matter the circumstances. Management and co workers are wonderful to work with and very helpful. The hardest part of my job is when alzheimer's residents cry and I can not help them. The most enjoyable part of my job is going home knowing that – more... I helped someone live another safe day of life. – less
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CAJune 21, 2014
All I did there was volunteer when i was a kid.
I wrapped presents and talked to kids, I wasn't that old to actually "work" there.
Vital Signs, Catheter Care, Patient Care (Baths, Glucose, Make Beds, Nursing Reports, Nursing Diagnosis)
LPN Student (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJune 18, 2014
CLINICAL SKILLS:
Phlebotomy, injections, vital signs, EKG’s, and first aid. General laboratory techniques, centrifuge operation, hemoglobin, hematocrits and sterilization procedures. Familiar with OSHA and CLIA regulations. Basic knowledge of general medications, basic triaging skills and patient preparation. Knowledge of body systems and medical and
anatomical – more... terminology. – less
I have had a medical career spanning over 20 years and have learned many skills
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee), New Hope, MNJune 17, 2014
Pros: co workers constantly strive for service up and beyond the call of duty
Cons: i am having difficulty achieving financial stability
Skill sets I have acquired include forging positive relationships with clients and their families, co-workers and supervisors
stressful working environment as they lack the right amount of employees
Universal Worker (Current Employee), Redwood Falls, MNMay 10, 2014
Pros: residents are awesome
Cons: no raise in two years, except for state regulated ones, impossible to get vacation time as they never have enough employees.
There is a lot of politics in this company and they tend to do what makes them money instead of what is best for the residents. They forget that the residents pay for everything there including their salaries. They should have the power to make decisions. Most decisions are solely up to the administrator instead of the residents. They spend money on – more... things like birds that cost a lot of money to care for and then wont let the residents have a water cooler. They claim cost yet they purchase expensive napkins of different colors instead of things that the residents would like. Some of the residents are afraid to speak up about a couple of the workers there as they fear retaliation from them and even people higher up. They run it like a business instead of a home for the residents. They need to remember that the residents do not live at our work but we work in their homes. I want a job I can be proud of and it is not here. I would love to work for any of the other facilities in town and have my applications out there as we speak, I know that I am not the only one. I have also been asked to break privacy agreement regarding the residents which I refused. I should never have even been asked to do so. They need totally new managers there and administration. Their policy is that if the next shift does not show up then you have to stay, I have had to do this many times which is hard when you have a family. Also one of the employees that has only been there a short time makes significantly more money than the rest of us because of some experience which has nothing to do with what we do, we all do the same job there and should be given raises according to years we have worked there, this person does not have a nursing degree either. This should be investigated. There are laws that protect employees yet no one gets protection here. – less
Good Facility, Activities,Chapel,Restortive Aide,Food, their care, we were all about our Residents,,That is there home,,
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Hot Springs Village, ARMarch 24, 2014
Pros: employees were treated to special treats, gift cards at christmas
Cons: some times a employee may just quit, and we worked short till they got us someone else, but we did o.k. we were good teamplayers
Dressing, Bathing, Beauty Shop, Meals,Activities, Chapel Days,,Family Comes,Personal Care,For Incontinent,And Continent Residents,,Snacks, You Always Learn new things,,Management,Always seen we had supplies to work with,The hardest part of the job is loosing a Resident,,every day was Enjoyable the Residents become like your Family,,
Getting to make peoples day better
Lunch server (Current Employee), Decatur, ILMarch 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job- As your serving lunch to the less fortunate people, you have a change to make their day a little bit better.
taught me a new aspect of customer service
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee), Greeley, COMarch 5, 2014
Clock in pick you charts, get water pitchers, set up dining room, serve breakfast and clean up after. chart the meal, do the dishes and set back up for the next meal.
fun place to work
Qualified Medication Assistant Personnel (Former Employee), Loveland, COFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: worked nights
It was ok. I enjoyed the work but management was very disorganized.
I love the people there they are great.
Chaplain (Current Employee), Belington, WVFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no pay
I Love the people they are great. I have a flexible schedule. The benefits are also great. We have a good time singing and worshipping the Lord and receiving from his word.
Productive and proffesional workplace
Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAJanuary 8, 2014
Great quality healthcare and professional staff, quality patient care
In Transition
LPN (Current Employee), Hot Springs Village, ARDecember 17, 2013
Pros: teamwork amoung nursing staff
Cons: pay scale
My overall experience at Good Sam's has been favorable. I have grown there as a nurse and a person.
There are still issues there with administration in transition of a new administrator coming in. Keeping administration staff apparently has been a challenge for them.
I feel confident that this facility is headed in the right direction. But they will – more... undoubtedly face some growing pains during transition. – less

1 2 3