Good Shepherd Community Employee Reviews

I loved this job.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 17, 2017
Learned so much about everything. Made me have a great feeling about my job at the end of the day. Working with mental and physcail handicap adults was the best job ever.
Loved Working With My Coworkers
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEJuly 5, 2017
I liked my coworkers, upper management was a bit stuffy. Nursing took forever to get residents to the dinning room & we're constantly arguing. I loved my department & wouldn't wanna work in any other.
No organization
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNJune 21, 2017
Management is all over the place here. No organization and not up to code in many areas. Staff do not seem to care for the residents just for themselves. Very disappointed.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Management, point system, scheduling
its a job, to pay the bills
employee (Former Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNMay 30, 2017
You are truly just a number, their to fill a need. However had an opportunity to work with many wonderful people and learn a lot, great experiences to learn and grow from.
great place to work
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Becker, MNApril 27, 2017
great co workers, great residents. Only complaint is that management does not communicate very well. I only work e/o wknd and it is hard to know any of the updates
Friendly workplace
CNA (Former Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNApril 20, 2017
Everyone is made to feel so appreciated for their work. There is interactions of employee's on every level. I would help residents with their daily living activities. I greatly enjoyed getting to individually know the clients and their families. However that was also the hardest part because death was inevitable.
Pros
Games, Overtime, incentives
Cons
Short breaks
Great workplace
Care Manager/CNA (Current Employee) –  Becker, MNMarch 10, 2017
Amazing management at this facility. The scheduler is a bit of a ditz and forgets what days you need off, but staff is helpful when you need a certain day off. Management on site is very receptive and make changes to care when necessary, they really listen to their staff.
Pros
free treats, management, coworkers
Cons
Scheduling
Working for this day care allowed me to work around children. I was the head after school teacher who provided lesson plans for the children.
Head Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 25, 2016
The hardest part of the job was trying to get about 20 kids to stop yelling and use their inner voice. Also, I thought it was quiet challenging trying to provide lesson plans for the children.
Pros
Taking kids on field trips.
Cons
Kids fighting.
productive and fast pace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 26, 2016
A great place to work with great co-workers. A typical day at work it enter acting the residents on a daily basis. I have learned how to deal with a ethic back grounds and different personalities.
i loved the kids and family
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2014
great kids but staff didn't like to be a team to many snitches
detailed oriented job ,must have a passion for careing for people
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  215 shaw clovis caMay 28, 2014
as a assistant manager i did the shopping,petty cash make saff schedules, plan trips to intergreting the client in the comunity i aslo worked the floor assisting in cilents adl's prepared meals accommidating diet restriction,showers,grooming, pass meds cleaning and documenting
Pros
love the client
Cons
Maintain staffing turnover very low, quality learning program from 18m-5years with a after school program 6-12 years with plan actvities
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2014
A typical day for me as the Executive Director will be greeting parents and children each morning from 7:00a-9:00a arrival. Next at 9:00a check with the cook of our daily menu for food preparation. Visit classroom teachers/caregivers monitoring daily lesson plans of prepared activities. Briefly talking with classroom teachers/caregiver and asking questions how their classroom educational activities working as well as the children participation. Weekly meeting with my administrative assistant, Classroom Supervisor, maintenance, environmental specialist and bus driver. As my personal motto I will state to all my staff it takes a team to operate a successful childcare operation, not one person.

The hardest part of my job would be staffing. This would be in reminding them of the center rules and policy. Staff can become a little lacks on their responsibility in the classroom during daily operation for quality teaching and care.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the children. The children learn my name giving them the level of comfort to speak or talk with me when arriving for the days activity or leaving for the day. With this in mind it makes the parent feel comfortable in leaving their little person in our center's care. Keeping in mind this is the parent most prize possession for care in their child's preschool years.
Pros
Providing quality care and education at a reasonable cost for the preschool child
Cons
Health care can be a challenge for employees through the employer, decent hourly wages for qualified staffing
Not a very good place to work.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MN and Becker, MNJanuary 19, 2014
The staffing coordinator will promise you they will work with your hours and that WILL change with no control. YOU are required to find a replacement if you are ill no matter what they expect YOU to be there or have your replacement there even if you wake up at 3:00am sick and start at 6:30am. Don't plan on getting any raises because that won't happen. ANY advancement does not go by seniority it goes by who your supervisor likes the most.
Helping patients
CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MNJune 8, 2013
This job is very exciting. The residents keep you on your toes and they are also very fun to be around
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 29, 2012
5 bedroom group home for individuals with challenging behaviors. Balanced their needs with staffing they were comfortable with. Paying bill keeping financial records for the home and the individuals. Updating ISP's as the interest levels increases and decreases.
Pros
going home and knowing things went well today.
Cons
no support, staff atitudes and ethitces get in the way of levels of support.