Good Shepherd Community

Good Shepherd Community Employer Reviews

Maintain staffing turnover very low, quality learning program from 18m-5years with a after school program 6-12 years with plan actvities
Executive Director (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2014
Pros: providing quality care and education at a reasonable cost for the preschool child
Cons: health care can be a challenge for employees through the employer, decent hourly wages for qualified staffing
A typical day for me as the Executive Director will be greeting parents and children each morning from 7:00a-9:00a arrival. Next at 9:00a check with the cook of our daily menu for food preparation. Visit classroom teachers/caregivers monitoring daily lesson plans of prepared activities. Briefly talking with classroom teachers/caregiver and asking questions – more... how their classroom educational activities working as well as the children participation. Weekly meeting with my administrative assistant, Classroom Supervisor, maintenance, environmental specialist and bus driver. As my personal motto I will state to all my staff it takes a team to operate a successful childcare operation, not one person.

The hardest part of my job would be staffing. This would be in reminding them of the center rules and policy. Staff can become a little lacks on their responsibility in the classroom during daily operation for quality teaching and care.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the children. The children learn my name giving them the level of comfort to speak or talk with me when arriving for the days activity or leaving for the day. With this in mind it makes the parent feel comfortable in leaving their little person in our center's care. Keeping in mind this is the parent most prize possession for care in their child's preschool years. – less
Not a very good place to work.
Care Manager (Former Employee), Sauk Rapids, MN and Becker, MNJanuary 19, 2014
The staffing coordinator will promise you they will work with your hours and that WILL change with no control. YOU are required to find a replacement if you are ill no matter what they expect YOU to be there or have your replacement there even if you wake up at 3:00am sick and start at 6:30am. Don't plan on getting any raises because that won't happen. – more... ANY advancement does not go by seniority it goes by who your supervisor likes the most. – less
HELPING PATIENTS
CARE MANAGER (Former Employee), MNJune 8, 2013
THIS JOB IS VERY EXCITING. THE RESIDENTS KEEP YOU ON YOUR TOES AND THEY ARE ALSO VERY FUN TO BE AROUND
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 29, 2012
Pros: going home and knowing things went well today.
Cons: no support, staff atitudes and ethitces get in the way of levels of support.
5 bedroom group home for individuals with challenging behaviors. Balanced their needs with staffing they were comfortable with. Paying bill keeping financial records for the home and the individuals. Updating ISP's as the interest levels increases and decreases.