Good Shepherd Hospice

Good Shepherd Hospice Employee Reviews

Very unorganized and overwhelming
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 6, 2016
Management is unorganized, and ask employees to do things they don't want to do just to get the job done, visits all day chart all night plus being oncall, benefits are very expensive and not very good, drive all over KC and surrounding areas without consideration. No outside life due to job requirements.
Its a very Clean and neat place to work for a Hospice House.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  3450 Lakeland Hills blvdDecember 2, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Good shepherd Hospice its a great place, peaceful and clean. I learn to work with terminal ill Patient caring within 9 to 12 Patient per day. The hardest part of the job is when the census is low and the company send you home. The most enjoyable part of the Job is assist a Patient to Pet therapy. The reason I left is because they gave me Layoff. My position was eliminated on 11/18/15.
Pros
Good benefit for employed
Cons
Change your days of work constantly. They call you on your days off
Professional and productive workplace
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 15, 2015
Very nice place to work. Everyone is a team player. Very professional, supportive and friendly. I was very pleased to work with colleagues that was respectable, friendly and willing to help when ever I needed it.
Fast paced
LMSW / Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2015
Small agency, expanded my knowledge base in my career. Opportunity to hold additional position to gain more knowledge and add to my career. Management needs improvement.
Education
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 14, 2015
When working for this company they always schedule educational session to keep us up dated with new information and help keep our licenses and certification.
Pros
Monthly breakfast meeting with all staff.
Cons
somedays always on the go nonstop.
Hospice
C.N.A/ HHA (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 28, 2015
Going to various location, serving patients with compassion and dignity. Providing support to the terminally ill patient and their families. The management team works together to provide the exceptional Hospice experience.
Pros
Good team player
Cons
Driving
No complaints.
Continuous Care LPN II (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLMay 22, 2015
Fast paced, multi-tasked. Used total nursing skills. Co-workers good to work with. Enjoyed patient care. Pushing med cart all day demanding.
Pros
Every other weekend off.
Cons
Did not have two days in a row off every other week.
A commited and compassionate team!
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 21, 2015
The leadership team and Executive Directors within this company are intelligent, commited, and compassionate! The patient care staff is outstanding! Opportunity is abundant for those who want to work hard! Many CEOs hide out, but GSH's is always on the road visiting the agencies and providing support.

As with any agency in the healthcare field, there are certainly ups and downs--but that comes with the territory! Many large hospice agencies lose sight of the patients, but while working here, I never felt like that was the case.

The Oklahoma City office has folks on staff that have been with the company since they opened 20 years ago. You don't see that very often!
Pros
The People, The Mission and Vision, The Opportunity for Development
Great Place to Work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 30, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I get to work with everyday. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to see Monday through Friday!
The hardest part of my job is the commute. I live in in North Missouri and drive 39 miles one way to get to work.
Management is very supportive. I've learned so much from this position!
Pros
Awesome work environment!
Cons
Long commute!
Gratifying work if you can get it, not for everyone.
Continuous Care LPN (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLMarch 2, 2015
Management not always supportive of nurse, The "client is always right" mentality. Recognition typically comes from those you help and outstanding care not always recognized from hire-ups. Census can go down for long periods of time (this being snowbird territory and competing hospice houses)) therefore caas for the Continuous Care nurse may be nil. You are expected to be on stand-by without compensation. In lean times nurse must use their PTO to have full paycheck. 12 hour shifts which may involve long commuting time to and from a case. All this being said, being a hospice nurse was one of the most gratifying and special experiences I've ever had. You can really make a difference and most familys are very grateful for the care only you can provide.
Pros
making a tangible difference.
Cons
dealing with death and dying is not for everyone.
Great company and mission
LPN (Current Employee) –  OKNovember 3, 2014
talented, caring people taking care of the hospice family. resources to provide full coverage of care up to one year after death.
• Certified Home Health Aide, Hospice aide • Keep patients well groomed and comfortable • Maintain and file timely paperwork • Communicated with patie
Certified Home Health Aide, Hospice aide (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 5, 2014
• Certified Home Health Aide, Hospice aide
• Keep patients well groomed and comfortable
• Maintain and file timely paperwork
• Communicated with patient’s family, supervising nurse and case manager to keep all parties apprised of patient’s status
Caring for patients with compassion
Operations Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 24, 2014
Will go over and above for patient care.
Great coworkers, hardworking and dedicated.
Loving staff amazing stories from patients
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLApril 12, 2014
I visited my patients weekly or bi-weekly. I usually had conversations with the bed-ridden patients. We also made arts and crafts and listened to music. I learned alot about my patients childhood and how different the world was when they were growing up. The hardest part of my job was coming to work and being informed that my patient was deceased. However, it was satisfying that I made a difference in their life before they passed, spent time caring for , and listening to my patients.
Company has been declining for several years.
Assist patients and families (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 9, 2014
Not just poor management, No management at all. Very unstable company.
Challenging and rewarding work.
MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 25, 2014
As a professional working with Good Shepherd, I have been challenged which has fostered growth. I am forever grateful for the experiences, professionals, environment and families that I work with. I have been a teacher and a student working with a population experiencing end of life issues.
RN
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 16, 2014
excellent pay - heavy heavy work load- very long hours high income because of overtime
Pros
pay
Cons
A very professionally run hospice
Bereavement Coordinator/Grief Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 13, 2014
I work with patient's families as they deal with the death of a loved one. I often work with them during the process or up to one year after their loved one has died. I also counsel our nurses and staff as they often become emotionally attached to some of the patients.
Pros
very fulfilling work
Cons
focus is on nursing and less on grief counseling by the company
Excellent Job Oppertunity
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Grove, OK 74344January 13, 2014
Working with people that have six months or less to live. Assisting with end of life issues and legal concerns and providing counseling for their grief and loss.
Great Working environment with Great coworkers and managers
Volunteer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 10, 2014
If my situation did not dictate a needed change in location, I would still be with them