Good Shepherd Hospice

Good Shepherd Hospice Employer Reviews

• Certified Home Health Aide, Hospice aide • Keep patients well groomed and comfortable • Maintain and file timely paperwork • Communicated with patie
Certified Home Health Aide, Hospice aide (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 5, 2014
• Certified Home Health Aide, Hospice aide
• Keep patients well groomed and comfortable
• Maintain and file timely paperwork
• Communicated with patient’s family, supervising nurse and case manager to keep all parties apprised of patient’s status
Caring for patients with compassion
Operations Support Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 24, 2014
Will go over and above for patient care.
Great coworkers, hardworking and dedicated.
Loving staff amazing stories from patients
Volunteer (Former Employee), Auburndale, FLApril 12, 2014
I visited my patients weekly or bi-weekly. I usually had conversations with the bed-ridden patients. We also made arts and crafts and listened to music. I learned alot about my patients childhood and how different the world was when they were growing up. The hardest part of my job was coming to work and being informed that my patient was deceased. However, – more... it was satisfying that I made a difference in their life before they passed, spent time caring for , and listening to my patients. – less
Company has been declining for several years.
Assist patients and families (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 9, 2014
Not just poor management, No management at all. Very unstable company.
Challenging and rewarding work.
MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYMarch 25, 2014
As a professional working with Good Shepherd, I have been challenged which has fostered growth. I am forever grateful for the experiences, professionals, environment and families that I work with. I have been a teacher and a student working with a population experiencing end of life issues.
RN
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYMarch 16, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: long hours
excellent pay - heavy heavy work load- very long hours high income because of overtime
A very professionally run hospice
Bereavement Coordinator/Grief Counselor (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 13, 2014
Pros: very fulfilling work
Cons: focus is on nursing and less on grief counseling by the company
I work with patient's families as they deal with the death of a loved one. I often work with them during the process or up to one year after their loved one has died. I also counsel our nurses and staff as they often become emotionally attached to some of the patients.
Excellent Job Oppertunity
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), Grove, OK 74344January 13, 2014
Working with people that have six months or less to live. Assisting with end of life issues and legal concerns and providing counseling for their grief and loss.
Great Working environment with Great coworkers and managers
Volunteer Services Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 10, 2014
If my situation did not dictate a needed change in location, I would still be with them
Excellent environment to work in.
Hospice Social Worker (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 2, 2014
This is a wonderful place to work. I only left due to husband's relocation to another state.
It has it's perks
nurse (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: love the work
Cons: it's very hard work
no job security at all, you may find yourself unemployed after years and years of service. turn over is just over the top. president of the company is in the wrong line of work.
Fun and caring
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJune 11, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not enough patients per cna
Showers 3 days a week attending to personal hygene 5 days a week.I leared to be very patient. Management is usually not there when needed. My co-workers work as a team and help each other.The hardest part of my job is feeling the loss of the patients and the most enjoyable part is listening to the stories the patients tell.
Family oriented work place with patient centered values.
Patient Care Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 18, 2013
Pros: established hospice company
Cons: health insurance
Coworkers are excellent in providing an outstanding hospice experience.
Very Professional Positive Environment
Hospice Nurse (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 5, 2013
Pros: compensation, pto, career advancement
Cons: to much good food, hard to resist.
This is the greatest place I've ever worked . I have never heard so many pleases and thank you's since I've been a nurse. The training is beyond adequate and people are very helpful rather than lording their skill sets over you ie. PhD,MD, NP, RN , etc.. If you are negative , condescending, and like to stir up trouble this is not the place for you. – more... If you want to work around some of the most professional, caring , and dedicated people I've ever been around my whole adult life , then you might consider GSH. – less
Wonderful team environment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: management participates in positive reinforcement.
Cons: you are constantly dealing with death.
All disciplines work together to care for terminally ill patients and their families. Coworkers and management take care of each others needs as well as those of the patients and their families.
Used to be better.
On Call LPN (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: has a dedicated on call staff.
Cons: more concerned with the bottom line than with the patient.
When I started at this hospice they were great. Management changes led to a bad working environment. Patient care is no longer priority. They are probably as good as any other hospice now, instead of one of the best.
Biased administrative staff
Case manager for southeastern (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: great client base!!
Cons: overworked and underpaid nurses. biased administration.
Company very unstable. Administrative staff is run on the "whim" of the office manager.
If you make her the least bit angry, even thought she will tell you she is over it, guess what, she will stab you in the back later!! as the saying goes.....been there DONE that!!
Good place to volunteer your time
volunteer administrative assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 14, 2012
I worked here as a volunteer in their office. The people are nice and they try to give you as much work as possible even though you're just a volunteer.
Patient Care manager, Admission RN (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 21, 2012
Pros: compassion for hospice care
Cons: insurance bennifits, not to flexible
Good Shepherd is a good place to work . They are all passionate about patient care and providing the exceptional hospice experience. I learned many new aspects to the hospice industry with that being said ,I recieved valuable knowledge on how the business runs and operates on a day to day business including billing, scheduling, referrals, marketing – more... ,coordinating, quality improvemt, policy and procedure documentation, and compliance! I am sure i left a few things out. I will be forever greatful for all of my coworkers and their patience. My most enjoyable part of the job is sharing what Good Shepherd can offer familes in a very intimate time of their life. – less

About Good Shepherd Hospice

Our Mission: Serving People With Compassion and Dignity Our Vision: To Provide the Exceptional Hospice Experience Good Shepherd – Read more

Good Shepherd Hospice Photos