Good Shepherd Hospice

Good Shepherd Hospice Employee Reviews

Hospice
C.N.A/ HHA (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Good team player
Cons: Driving
Going to various location, serving patients with compassion and dignity. Providing support to the terminally ill patient and their families. The management team works together to provide the exceptional Hospice experience.
Nice Workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 23, 2015
Pros: Ganging knowledge from one of your clients
Work with an elderly population as a companion, helping them with their daily ADL's, the hardest part of this job is when you have a very close relationship with your client you god has call them home.
No complaints.
Continuous Care LPN II (Former Employee), Auburndale, FLMay 22, 2015
Pros: Every other weekend off.
Cons: Did not have two days in a row off every other week.
Fast paced, multi-tasked. Used total nursing skills. Co-workers good to work with. Enjoyed patient care. Pushing med cart all day demanding.
A commited and compassionate team!
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 21, 2015
Pros: The People, The Mission and Vision, The Opportunity for Development
The leadership team and Executive Directors within this company are intelligent, commited, and compassionate! The patient care staff is outstanding! Opportunity is abundant for those who want to work hard! Many CEOs hide out, but GSH's is always on the road visiting the agencies and providing support.

As with any agency in the healthcare field, there are certainly ups and downs--but that comes with the territory! Many large hospice agencies lose sight of the patients, but while working here, I never felt like that was the case.

The Oklahoma City office has folks on staff that have been with the company since they opened 20 years ago. You don't see that very often!
Great Place to Work
Office Manager (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSApril 30, 2015
Pros: Awesome work environment!
Cons: Long commute!
The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I get to work with everyday. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to see Monday through Friday!
The hardest part of my job is the commute. I live in in North Missouri and drive 39 miles one way to get to work.
Management is very supportive. I've learned so much from this position!
Gratifying work if you can get it, not for everyone.
Continuous Care LPN (Former Employee), Sebring, FLMarch 2, 2015
Pros: making a tangible difference.
Cons: dealing with death and dying is not for everyone.
Management not always supportive of nurse, The "client is always right" mentality. Recognition typically comes from those you help and outstanding care not always recognized from hire-ups. Census can go down for long periods of time (this being snowbird territory and competing hospice houses)) therefore caas for the Continuous Care nurse may be nil. You are expected to be on stand-by without compensation. In lean times nurse must use their PTO to have full paycheck. 12 hour shifts which may involve long commuting time to and from a case. All this being said, being a hospice nurse was one of the most gratifying and special experiences I've ever had. You can really make a difference and most familys are very grateful for the care only you can provide.
Great company and mission
LPN (Current Employee), OKNovember 3, 2014
talented, caring people taking care of the hospice family. resources to provide full coverage of care up to one year after death.
• Certified Home Health Aide, Hospice aide • Keep patients well groomed and comfortable • Maintain and file timely paperwork • Communicated with patie
Certified Home Health Aide, Hospice aide (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 5, 2014
• Certified Home Health Aide, Hospice aide
• Keep patients well groomed and comfortable
• Maintain and file timely paperwork
• Communicated with patient’s family, supervising nurse and case manager to keep all parties apprised of patient’s status
Caring for patients with compassion
Operations Support Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 24, 2014
Will go over and above for patient care.
Great coworkers, hardworking and dedicated.
Loving staff amazing stories from patients
Volunteer (Former Employee), Auburndale, FLApril 12, 2014
I visited my patients weekly or bi-weekly. I usually had conversations with the bed-ridden patients. We also made arts and crafts and listened to music. I learned alot about my patients childhood and how different the world was when they were growing up. The hardest part of my job was coming to work and being informed that my patient was deceased. However, it was satisfying that I made a difference in their life before they passed, spent time caring for , and listening to my patients.
Company has been declining for several years.
Assist patients and families (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 9, 2014
Not just poor management, No management at all. Very unstable company.
Challenging and rewarding work.
MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYMarch 25, 2014
As a professional working with Good Shepherd, I have been challenged which has fostered growth. I am forever grateful for the experiences, professionals, environment and families that I work with. I have been a teacher and a student working with a population experiencing end of life issues.
RN
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYMarch 16, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: long hours
excellent pay - heavy heavy work load- very long hours high income because of overtime
A very professionally run hospice
Bereavement Coordinator/Grief Counselor (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 13, 2014
Pros: very fulfilling work
Cons: focus is on nursing and less on grief counseling by the company
I work with patient's families as they deal with the death of a loved one. I often work with them during the process or up to one year after their loved one has died. I also counsel our nurses and staff as they often become emotionally attached to some of the patients.
Excellent Job Oppertunity
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), Grove, OK 74344January 13, 2014
Working with people that have six months or less to live. Assisting with end of life issues and legal concerns and providing counseling for their grief and loss.
Great Working environment with Great coworkers and managers
Volunteer Services Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 10, 2014
If my situation did not dictate a needed change in location, I would still be with them
Excellent environment to work in.
Hospice Social Worker (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 2, 2014
This is a wonderful place to work. I only left due to husband's relocation to another state.
It has it's perks
nurse (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: love the work
Cons: it's very hard work
no job security at all, you may find yourself unemployed after years and years of service. turn over is just over the top. president of the company is in the wrong line of work.
Fun and caring
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJune 11, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not enough patients per cna
Showers 3 days a week attending to personal hygene 5 days a week.I leared to be very patient. Management is usually not there when needed. My co-workers work as a team and help each other.The hardest part of my job is feeling the loss of the patients and the most enjoyable part is listening to the stories the patients tell.
Family oriented work place with patient centered values.
Patient Care Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 18, 2013
Pros: established hospice company
Cons: health insurance
Coworkers are excellent in providing an outstanding hospice experience.

About Good Shepherd Hospice

Our Mission: Serving People With Compassion and Dignity Our Vision: To Provide the Exceptional Hospice Experience Good Shepherd – Read more

Good Shepherd Hospice Salaries