Good Shepherd Hospice Employee Reviews in United States

RN Case Manager
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 19, 2016
Oversee/ teach LPN, Home Health Aide, LSW, and Chaplain team members on the dying process and necessary care Obtain New Orders for medications and treatments as needed for quality patient care for end of life care and needs Make clinical decisions and assess patient needs for end of life care and comfort until patient expires. Comfort family members during end of life process
Pros
Flexible time schedule
Cons
Too much charting after hours
CSHLI-Good shepherd is the worse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 4, 2016
Good Shepherd hospice (chsli) is one the the most poorly managed hospice agencies I have ever worked for. I easily worked a 55-60 hours a week when I was only compensated for 37.5. There is constant turn over of staff, no one ever stays. Therefore constantly doing your workload plus someone else's. There is no opportunity to advance your pay or taking continuing educations credits. You are never allowed to take vacation when you want to. They do not care about their employees or the challenging work we do as hospice nurses.
Pros
It's a pay check
Cons
Extremely understaffed, Poor management, long hours with no compensation or OT
The company is poorly run
Hospice Liaison (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 17, 2016
The company is fine if you want to have no private life or relationships. It is poorly run. Management knows nothing about hospice. Just numbers. Nurses do not stay.
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
Nanagment knows nothing about hospice!
Poor training
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 22, 2016
On the surface it seems like a great company, but training that was promised didn't occur. I got to accompany several nurses, but no real training involved.
Pros
Employees are nice
Cons
Poor training, communication
work with the best nurses and cnas
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLJune 6, 2016
the best job I have ever worked. Love it. everyone loves their patients and what being a caregiver stands for. whether you're and R.N, C.N.A, Social Worker ect. we all come together to care for our patients
Not the best
On call LPN (Former Employee) –  Grove, OKAugust 15, 2016
Not the best environment. They pick favorites & others don't matter. Fit in or stay on the outside. They don't listen to patients or families. Must go to Grove office in order to participate in activites.
Great place to work!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 14, 2016
The only reason I left is because I wanted to relocate and there were no openings where I wanted to relocate. Management is open to suggestion. Great benefits. Case load was high. Team nursing did not come into play. Nurse aides were great!
High Stress Level Job
Office Manager/Billing Clerk/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 1, 2016
I enjoyed the work place and co workers however it was high stress and a lot of turn over which led to the high stress. Otherwise, I enjoyed my years there.
Very unorganized and overwhelming
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 6, 2016
Management is unorganized, and ask employees to do things they don't want to do just to get the job done, visits all day chart all night plus being oncall, benefits are very expensive and not very good, drive all over KC and surrounding areas without consideration. No outside life due to job requirements.
Its a very Clean and neat place to work for a Hospice House.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  3450 Lakeland Hills blvdDecember 2, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Good shepherd Hospice its a great place, peaceful and clean. I learn to work with terminal ill Patient caring within 9 to 12 Patient per day. The hardest part of the job is when the census is low and the company send you home. The most enjoyable part of the Job is assist a Patient to Pet therapy. The reason I left is because they gave me Layoff. My position was eliminated on 11/18/15.
Pros
Good benefit for employed
Cons
Change your days of work constantly. They call you on your days off
Fast paced
Director of Professional Relations (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 27, 2016
The company has a lot of longevity and a very good name in the community.At times it is slow to respond to business changes and adapt new programs.
Professional and productive workplace
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 15, 2015
Very nice place to work. Everyone is a team player. Very professional, supportive and friendly. I was very pleased to work with colleagues that was respectable, friendly and willing to help when ever I needed it.
A commited and compassionate team!
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 21, 2015
The leadership team and Executive Directors within this company are intelligent, commited, and compassionate! The patient care staff is outstanding! Opportunity is abundant for those who want to work hard! Many CEOs hide out, but GSH's is always on the road visiting the agencies and providing support.

As with any agency in the healthcare field, there are certainly ups and downs--but that comes with the territory! Many large hospice agencies lose sight of the patients, but while working here, I never felt like that was the case.

The Oklahoma City office has folks on staff that have been with the company since they opened 20 years ago. You don't see that very often!
Pros
The People, The Mission and Vision, The Opportunity for Development
Education
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 14, 2015
When working for this company they always schedule educational session to keep us up dated with new information and help keep our licenses and certification.
Pros
Monthly breakfast meeting with all staff.
Cons
somedays always on the go nonstop.
Hospice
C.N.A/ HHA (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 28, 2015
Going to various location, serving patients with compassion and dignity. Providing support to the terminally ill patient and their families. The management team works together to provide the exceptional Hospice experience.
Pros
Good team player
Cons
Driving
Great Place to Work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 30, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I get to work with everyday. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to see Monday through Friday!
The hardest part of my job is the commute. I live in in North Missouri and drive 39 miles one way to get to work.
Management is very supportive. I've learned so much from this position!
Pros
Awesome work environment!
Cons
Long commute!
Fast paced
LMSW / Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2015
Small agency, expanded my knowledge base in my career. Opportunity to hold additional position to gain more knowledge and add to my career. Management needs improvement.
Gratifying work if you can get it, not for everyone.
Continuous Care LPN (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLMarch 2, 2015
Management not always supportive of nurse, The "client is always right" mentality. Recognition typically comes from those you help and outstanding care not always recognized from hire-ups. Census can go down for long periods of time (this being snowbird territory and competing hospice houses)) therefore caas for the Continuous Care nurse may be nil. You are expected to be on stand-by without compensation. In lean times nurse must use their PTO to have full paycheck. 12 hour shifts which may involve long commuting time to and from a case. All this being said, being a hospice nurse was one of the most gratifying and special experiences I've ever had. You can really make a difference and most familys are very grateful for the care only you can provide.
Pros
making a tangible difference.
Cons
dealing with death and dying is not for everyone.
No complaints.
Continuous Care LPN II (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLMay 22, 2015
Fast paced, multi-tasked. Used total nursing skills. Co-workers good to work with. Enjoyed patient care. Pushing med cart all day demanding.
Pros
Every other weekend off.
Cons
Did not have two days in a row off every other week.
• Certified Home Health Aide, Hospice aide • Keep patients well groomed and comfortable • Maintain and file timely paperwork • Communicated with patie
Certified Home Health Aide, Hospice aide (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 5, 2014
• Certified Home Health Aide, Hospice aide
• Keep patients well groomed and comfortable
• Maintain and file timely paperwork
• Communicated with patient’s family, supervising nurse and case manager to keep all parties apprised of patient’s status