Good Shepherd Hospice Employee Reviews

Ethical company
Hospice Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2017
Unrealistic expectations but overall good company; ethical and organized but turnover rate is high. Nursing and clinical management is excellent, sales department needs some overhauling.
Great patients and coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 1, 2017
Hardest part of the job is balancing work and home life, Hospice work is very time consuming. The company takes pride in their care of patients but the budget allowed for things patients need is not enough. Some of the newer management that were starting when I was getting ready to resign were not always truthful to the employees
poor patient ratios
RN Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 28, 2017
A move to decrease regular staff and increase PRN staff cause Case Managers to have up to 30 patients to keep track of and have PRN staff conduct visits. Continuity of care went out the window.
excellent place to grow professionally
Licensed Practical Nurse/Field nurse (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 27, 2017
Great place to work if you're starting out and wish to advance your career, very generous fringe benefits, paid time off, medical benefits, education stipend however they are very top heavy and penny wise while being dollar foolish. Need to spend more of their assets on training in a more organized and efficient manner, pay better to field staff.
Pros
long term benefits
Cons
disorganized
Hard Workplace
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKSeptember 26, 2017
Management very difficult to work with and very poor feeling of job security they frequently let people go and run short of help. You work all day and chart most of the night or all weekend. Difficult to please current management and the computer system is antiquated and difficult to work with it crashes and takes twice as long to chart and management does not help and cannot get the workplace in order.
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
Very long work hours and charting
open space and flexible schedule
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Newton, ksSeptember 19, 2017
The environment was mostly stress free. If any questions came about, I knew I could always go to the supervisor and she would lead me in the best way possible. I think the hardest part of the job was going into a new patients house and meeting them for the first time, but after that, everything went very smooth. The schedule is very flexible. If I had an appointment or needed to take off work early, it was never a problem.
Pros
meet lots of new people, awesome co workers
Cons
some times so busy you dont get a lunch
Really enjoyed the work envirenment
Intake Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 5, 2017
Ranked in the top 5 of my most enjoyable work experiences. Would still be there but had to relocate. Medical directors were true patient advocates.
Pros
Lots of education
Cons
Large area for one office to cover
Hospice
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 1, 2017
Great employees to work with.
Very busy environment
10 phone line system
ordering of DME and ambulance transport
My manager was great
the organization is amazing
When families call to say there loved one has passed away
Pros
Cared about the employee
Cons
short breaks
Best team ever
Medical Social Worker (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Kansas City metro areaAugust 28, 2017
I have only worked in a PRN position for this hospice but have found the management and team to be one of the best I have ever worked with.

There is continued communication with team members, which promotes then the highest quality of care for patients.
Pros
Lots of support
wonderrful work place
CNA/ Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Auburndale, FLAugust 28, 2017
I loved working for good shepherd hospice this is why we was like family we all work together we helped each other out we was a team the compassion and the care for the family and the team was all over the building

Want to know more about Good Shepherd Hospice?

Ask a question
working
LPN (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 24, 2017
The nurses at GSH are wonderful. We have a great crew that back each other up when needed. I love working with this group of people. My patients are the best. Sometimes being in private homes can be a challenge but we manage and provide the best care possible for all our patients.
Compliance Officer is excellent
RN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 6, 2017
This company has only one thing going for them and it is their compliance officer. Everything else is all smoke and mirrors. You can't believe anything you are told and only half of what you see. Absolutely no job security even for loyal, successful employees. Beware.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Challenging job with exceptional staff
Case manager for hospice patients (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 29, 2017
Good Shepherd Hospice is the best in Oklahoma City, OK. Winning the prestigious award four years in a row. Exceptional job experience working with end of life care.
Pros
Exceptional staff
Cons
Can be emotionally challenging
Was a fun place to work
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 27, 2017
I am not familiar with current local management. Turnover since I was there. At one time, it was a great place to work but then new management came in...and left shortly after I did
Pros
Pay
Wonderful place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Grove, OKJune 20, 2017
I have continued to go to school to become an administrator, I am almost done with my BSN business and Healthcare administration, and I want to further my career with a job in healthcare administration.
Great staff and mission toward hospice patients
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 14, 2017
Applies different approaches to make patients feel comfortable. We are there for the patient and not ourselves. Therefore they are the priority. Another important aspect is learning to be patient. Our needs come after the patient's needs.
Pros
It is very enriching to help people in their last days
Cons
You establish a bond with a patient that affects you when they pass away
Great Hospice provider
Hospice Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 12, 2017
The care provided to patients and families is above excellent.
As a representative of Good Shepherd and the Hospice Benefit it is a privilege to educate families and professionals on the benefit of Good Shepherd Hospice and Hospice in general.
The company was in terrible disarray.
Hospice Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2017
I was hired to be a Hospice Consulltant. On the second day at work, the ED that hired me was fired. Two weeks later and newly created position, VP of Sales & Marketing took over and worked with the SA staff for a day.
Two weeks later the entire sales staff was laid off.
Professional work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYMay 18, 2017
Volunteer position. Company was very professional and enjoyable to work for. They provided comfort and solace to many families in time of great need and as such I was proud to be a part of the organization.
Disorganization
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77014May 15, 2017
Company could not retain RN Case Managers in the field, this made visits overloaded to the one and only RN case manager which was my self, Supervisor was very disorganized and did not disclose visits that needed to be done that day until after hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Shepherd Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.