Good Shepherd Hospice

Good Shepherd Hospice Employee Reviews in United States

Very unorganized and overwhelming
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 6, 2016
Management is unorganized, and ask employees to do things they don't want to do just to get the job done, visits all day chart all night plus being oncall, benefits are very expensive and not very good, drive all over KC and surrounding areas without consideration. No outside life due to job requirements.
A commited and compassionate team!
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 21, 2015
The leadership team and Executive Directors within this company are intelligent, commited, and compassionate! The patient care staff is outstanding! Opportunity is abundant for those who want to work hard! Many CEOs hide out, but GSH's is always on the road visiting the agencies and providing support.

As with any agency in the healthcare field, there are certainly ups and downs--but that comes with the territory! Many large hospice agencies lose sight of the patients, but while working here, I never felt like that was the case.

The Oklahoma City office has folks on staff that have been with the company since they opened 20 years ago. You don't see that very often!
Pros
The People, The Mission and Vision, The Opportunity for Development
Fast paced
LMSW / Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2015
Small agency, expanded my knowledge base in my career. Opportunity to hold additional position to gain more knowledge and add to my career. Management needs improvement.
Its a very Clean and neat place to work for a Hospice House.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  3450 Lakeland Hills blvdDecember 2, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Good shepherd Hospice its a great place, peaceful and clean. I learn to work with terminal ill Patient caring within 9 to 12 Patient per day. The hardest part of the job is when the census is low and the company send you home. The most enjoyable part of the Job is assist a Patient to Pet therapy. The reason I left is because they gave me Layoff. My position was eliminated on 11/18/15.
Pros
Good benefit for employed
Cons
Change your days of work constantly. They call you on your days off
Fast paced
Director of Professional Relations (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 27, 2016
The company has a lot of longevity and a very good name in the community.At times it is slow to respond to business changes and adapt new programs.
Gratifying work if you can get it, not for everyone.
Continuous Care LPN (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLMarch 2, 2015
Management not always supportive of nurse, The "client is always right" mentality. Recognition typically comes from those you help and outstanding care not always recognized from hire-ups. Census can go down for long periods of time (this being snowbird territory and competing hospice houses)) therefore caas for the Continuous Care nurse may be nil. You are expected to be on stand-by without compensation. In lean times nurse must use their PTO to have full paycheck. 12 hour shifts which may involve long commuting time to and from a case. All this being said, being a hospice nurse was one of the most gratifying and special experiences I've ever had. You can really make a difference and most familys are very grateful for the care only you can provide.
Pros
making a tangible difference.
Cons
dealing with death and dying is not for everyone.
Great place to work!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 14, 2016
The only reason I left is because I wanted to relocate and there were no openings where I wanted to relocate. Management is open to suggestion. Great benefits. Case load was high. Team nursing did not come into play. Nurse aides were great!
Hospice
C.N.A/ HHA (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 28, 2015
Going to various location, serving patients with compassion and dignity. Providing support to the terminally ill patient and their families. The management team works together to provide the exceptional Hospice experience.
Pros
Good team player
Cons
Driving
Professional and productive workplace
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 15, 2015
Very nice place to work. Everyone is a team player. Very professional, supportive and friendly. I was very pleased to work with colleagues that was respectable, friendly and willing to help when ever I needed it.
Great Place to Work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 30, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I get to work with everyday. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to see Monday through Friday!
The hardest part of my job is the commute. I live in in North Missouri and drive 39 miles one way to get to work.
Management is very supportive. I've learned so much from this position!
Pros
Awesome work environment!
Cons
Long commute!
Education
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 14, 2015
When working for this company they always schedule educational session to keep us up dated with new information and help keep our licenses and certification.
Pros
Monthly breakfast meeting with all staff.
Cons
somedays always on the go nonstop.
No complaints.
Continuous Care LPN II (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLMay 22, 2015
Fast paced, multi-tasked. Used total nursing skills. Co-workers good to work with. Enjoyed patient care. Pushing med cart all day demanding.
Pros
Every other weekend off.
Cons
Did not have two days in a row off every other week.
Fun and caring
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 11, 2013
Showers 3 days a week attending to personal hygene 5 days a week.I leared to be very patient. Management is usually not there when needed. My co-workers work as a team and help each other.The hardest part of my job is feeling the loss of the patients and the most enjoyable part is listening to the stories the patients tell.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough patients per cna
Wonderful team environment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 1, 2013
All disciplines work together to care for terminally ill patients and their families. Coworkers and management take care of each others needs as well as those of the patients and their families.
Pros
management participates in positive reinforcement.
Cons
you are constantly dealing with death.
Used to be better.
On Call LPN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 10, 2012
When I started at this hospice they were great. Management changes led to a bad working environment. Patient care is no longer priority. They are probably as good as any other hospice now, instead of one of the best.
Pros
has a dedicated on call staff.
Cons
more concerned with the bottom line than with the patient.
Patient Care manager, Admission RN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 21, 2012
Good Shepherd is a good place to work . They are all passionate about patient care and providing the exceptional hospice experience. I learned many new aspects to the hospice industry with that being said ,I recieved valuable knowledge on how the business runs and operates on a day to day business including billing, scheduling, referrals, marketing ,coordinating, quality improvemt, policy and procedure documentation, and compliance! I am sure i left a few things out. I will be forever greatful for all of my coworkers and their patience. My most enjoyable part of the job is sharing what Good Shepherd can offer familes in a very intimate time of their life.
Pros
compassion for hospice care
Cons
insurance bennifits, not to flexible
Rn
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 16, 2014
excellent pay - heavy heavy work load- very long hours high income because of overtime
Pros
pay
It has it's perks
nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 7, 2013
no job security at all, you may find yourself unemployed after years and years of service. turn over is just over the top. president of the company is in the wrong line of work.
Pros
love the work
Cons
it's very hard work
Loving staff amazing stories from patients
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLApril 12, 2014
I visited my patients weekly or bi-weekly. I usually had conversations with the bed-ridden patients. We also made arts and crafts and listened to music. I learned alot about my patients childhood and how different the world was when they were growing up. The hardest part of my job was coming to work and being informed that my patient was deceased. However, it was satisfying that I made a difference in their life before they passed, spent time caring for , and listening to my patients.
Company has been declining for several years.
Assist patients and families (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 9, 2014
Not just poor management, No management at all. Very unstable company.