Good Shepherd Medical Center Employee Reviews

not productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 19, 2017
I worworked for the company for 7yrs and under paid. We had poor management. Over worked and not appreciate at all. This eas my first job i loved it before all major changes.
The best lower management and employees to work with
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 5, 2017
Lower management and employees are dedicated to make patients comfortable. Lower management were hardly recognized about their dedication and devotion to the company.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
A couple of upper management.
Very busy lab and hospital
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 1, 2017
A typical day depends on the shift you work as it varies. The hardest part of the job is usually the early morning lab draws. Management has changed since I was there last so I don't really have current information.
Great nurses and dependable team players
STAFF RN (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 31, 2017
For the most part, positive review because of the excellent nurses in a critical environment. Dependable team players always make hard work easier. Revolving door for unit managers as there has been way too much upper management "requirements". Healthcare changes very hard on smaller community hospitals. Education department always very supportive of advance degrees and continuing education.
Pros
Small town easy to get to
Cons
Managment reports pay is competive with statewide but is NOT!
Acute Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORMarch 31, 2017
Very close knit community of employees where everyone knows each other, patients and hospital staff alike. Loved working there. Good rapport with all team members for better interdisciplinary collaborative care.
Good Shepherd was a good place to work
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 28, 2017
My experience at Good Shepherd was 17 years. Most of the time I worked with GSMC I was in a managerial role. I assisted in the opening of The Institute for Healthy Living.

At the end of my career there I worked as a personal trainer/ group exercise instructor.

It was a good job!
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
not really any
Enjoyed working, but management in billing department needs work
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORFebruary 12, 2017
I very much enjoyed working for this establishment. However the management in the billing department is in need of work. Management puts personal feelings before professional ones.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Bad management
Work responsibilties
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 4, 2017
My typical day at work included registering patients that came inito the ER. I verified the demographics and insurance associated with the patients. Collected deductibles and co-pays.
Good Shepherd
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Great ED for experience. I would definitely recommend any nurse or graduate nurse who is interested in the ED to try to start at GSMC due to the overall experience.
Good employer
RN (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 16, 2017
I have been an employee at GSMC for over 23 years. I have learned how to work independently and as a team player being both a staff nurse and a charge nurse. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smile on a patient's face and to know I have helped them or made a positive difference in their stay. I have developed many friendships with co-workers and it will be difficult to leave my present job. Due to a reduction in work force they are eliminating my department and I have to pursue employment elsewhere.
Pros
friendships
Cons
lack of stability in job
Lead Technologist Nuclear Medicine
Lead Technologist Nuclear Medicine (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Typical day includes numerous activities including but not limited to, ordering, distributing and tracking supplies, coordinating interdepartmental schedules, patient care, following physicians orders, and data transfer. In the course of my employment I have had the opportunity to write and disseminate policies and procedures for the specific department in which I worked. I have learned the inter-working of regulatory and compliance agencies for numerous regulatory entities. The most enjoyable part of my job was working one-on-one with the patient and making sure their needs were met and questions were answered.
Progressive health care system in East Texas
RN (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 4, 2017
Good Shepherd is one of the best in Texas with a hardworking staff of professional caregivers and an administrative team that works hard to maintain the mission of the health system.
Pros
Patient centered care
They are a good company to work for.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Have been here for 10+ years and have enjoyed working here. I work with and for a fine groop of people. They have good pay and benefits.
a good place to work
was pm lead (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 2, 2017
it was a good job lots of physical work , work friendly environment,Good management team,learn a lot of cool things,best thing about job get to work and interact with different people,enjoyed meeting others
Productive place to work and very professional staff.
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 29, 2016
A typical shift is going in not knowing what to expect, simply because you're working in the emergency department and all sorts of situations comes through on a daily basis. It's sometime emotional because you can get attached to some patients that are very ill and depend on you. For the most part, I like the workplace.
I have enjoyed working here all these years
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 29, 2016
Rewarding work helping mothers become comfortable caring for their newborn. Work with a group of ladies that enjoy their work and put patients first. There is good team work.
Pros
Good team work, pleasant environment
Cons
Feeling of unstable economic environment
Great place to work as a team
Continuing Medical Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 29, 2016
Good Shepherd Medical Center was a wonderful place to work. It offered benefits and room to grow as an employee. During my tenure at Good Shepherd, I had the privilege of writing the application for the continuing medical education (CME) program with Texas Medical Association. I planned, coordinated and facilitated the CME programs for physicians and "grew" the program from four CME programs to 19 CME programs each month with approximately 45-60 physician participants.
Pros
Benefits and wonderful coworkers
Cons
Unstable due to the healthcare industry
Good place to have a career surrounded by good people
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 22, 2016
I enjoyed my time with GSMC, it was a great place to work and I learned a lot about working in the medical field there. They encouraged and even paid for much of my education and for that I will forever be grateful to them.
Pros
The morall level was always high for the most part during my time there.
Cons
slow raises, expensive food in cafeteria
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 9, 2016
I learned a lot working for the Labor and Delivery floor. I was responsible for 80+ employees and they depended on me to help them with any of their issues or concerns. We built a great relationship and it brought me joy to help them.
Pros
1 hr lunches
Cons
no stability
A great place
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 2, 2016
Enjoyed working at GSMC, everyone worked as a team. Management keeps you informed. Friendly co-workers were always willing to help. Flexible work schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Shepherd Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Good Shepherd Medical Center Reviews by Location