Good Shepherd Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Cool place to work
Health Unit Coordinator/ EMT (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 14, 2015
Cool place to work. You get to see and learn a lot of cool things. The only problem is without a great degree you make very little money.
Terrible place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXOctober 8, 2015
This is a terrible place to work. Management is horrible. However, most of my co-workers were great with the exception of a few. The few that were the exception made this working environment hostile. I worked in Labor & Delivery and the amount of backstabbing in this department was unbelievable. They do not treat new employees well at all.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hostile working environment
Pleasant, layed back
Quality and Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Very nice place to work, people very nice and respectful. Concerned about upcoming merger planned. Hopeful for a good outcome and looking forward to integration of new culture with merger expected.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
culture different than what I am use to
HR Nightmare
Emergency Department Technician II (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 9, 2015
HR at GSMC is a nightmare... Don't plan on anything being quick, fair, or just. The number of phone calls it takes just to get the hiring process ironed out is amazing. If you have an issue with a person at work? No problem. Just call HR, make up a story- and submit. Wait a few weeks, and your issue and the person that caused it will be gone! It's simply magical!

HR caters to a specific group of people that are part of the "in" crowd, or otherwise employees that they do not want to anger, because these employees can cast spells on them in retaliation...Who has time for that?

Obviously some of this is sarcasm... You get the picture!
Pros
In Longview
Cons
Benefits, HR
Ok pay for amount of work required.
Delivery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 24, 2015
Great employer if you are in an appropriate position in order to enjoy the job duties you are required to perform.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
productive some times fun some time stress
HIM Tech (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 10, 2015
productive
pertinent information to keep in record
great
mostly friendly
working every weekend, weekends should be rotated
meeting and greeting others when picking up charts
Pros
cafe discounts and fitness cented discounts
Quality fast-paced healthcare environment!
ER Registration Clerk - CSR, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 2, 2015
A typical day in he ER emergency room was never dull, but rather an enjoyable learning experience indeed. The duties consisted of registering the patients, retrieving patient charts, inputting the physician's prognosis into the system and providing quality & confidential customer service to both incoming and outgoing patrons. Management did a great job of making sure that everything was carried out in an orderly and professional manner, and my Co-workers were wonderful. I enjoyed every aspect of the job since caring for others is a passion for me and I love that I was always busy and on the go! The most onerous aspect of the job was twofold-one was contacting loved ones from the hospital and the other was the fact that at the time the position was only prn which was not easy being a single parent of two.
Rewarding place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 9, 2015
Awesome group to work with in the best health facility in the area!
Hardest part was seeing your favorite patients leave.
I loved my boss
biller (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 16, 2015
Everyday I would come in and do my billing and whatever else needs to be done. I really learned a lot with my co works and learned a lot from them. I really would consider going back
Pros
great people to wok with
Cons
The pay wasnt that good
Productive and caring, sometimes.
Radiology Transporter (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TxJune 11, 2015
There are good days and bad days. The good days where I don't hiccup a thing, forgetting a chart on a rushed and busy day, or being told to grab 5 different patients at one time and trying to juggle which one is ready, where's the nurse, what am i having to wait on, are they bed bound or get in a wheel chair. Taking me a while to grab one, and if they don't get theirs first or soon enough I get the heat.

What I learned, no matter how good you work or try, it's not good enough. But i do what i am required and i try my best.

Management, this is okay, the manager of our department tries to be fair and honest with all of his employees.

Co-workers, they're fun, talkative, helpful/

The hardest part of the job is, getting many different patients for 5 different people at one time, while I'm busy looking for a patient's chart, or nurse, the doctor's in the room, etc. They call and page me to hurry up. I am the only evening transporter and they're several techs downstairs who can help, I understand im the transporter, but helping would be nice, anyways, getting a patient that is needed, but not the one someone asked first, getting onto you for being too slow, not grabbing their patient. Scolding and getting onto you, while you can't say anything back, you just get back to it.

But what I do enjoy, is the fun, responsive, and enjoyable patients that talk on the way down to their test area or rooms. Giving me advice as to what to be ready for in life, tips on how to take care of cars, those things. Patients that don't let the hospital stop them from being
  more... fun and outgoing. That's what I enjoy.  less
Pros
For my "student transport job" NONE!
Cons
No pay raises, no bonus checks, no PTO, no healthcare benefit, not a thing.
Productive work enivronment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 20, 2015
I would start with seeing what patient's rooms I was assisting with. Then I would start my morning rounds; checking patient's vitals; such as blood pressure, heart rate, respiratory, temperature, and oxygen levels. I would place the information on the patient's charts for the nurses to see. I would hand out the patient's breakfast trays and assist when needed. When all the patients were finished with their breakfast, I would assist with their baths as needed, change out the linens and pick up their rooms a bit. by the time I got finished with assisting with patients, it was time to pass out the lunch trays. After the patients had finished their lunch, it was time to take their vitals again. After charting those, I would assist with the other CNA's as needed. My co-workers were okay to work with, you had your good and bad ones. The management had just started so they were still trying to get the feel of things. Some patients were amazing and I ended up bonding with some of them, and then you had your non-happy patients, who wanted to stay clear of them.
Pros
the benefits were good, and we kept busy
Cons
some of my co-workers could have assisted more their patients and co-workers
Very outgoing job
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 16, 2015
Very nice place to work. Have learned a lot just from my two years of being employed with the company. Can be very stressful at times. Would say management is very well understandable when it come to family. Co-workers it can go from up to down all depends who you are working with but overall the work get taken care of. the hardest part of the job is working short handed.
Great Job
Health Administration (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 3, 2015
Managed the placement of patients, from: ER, direct admits, and surgery, according to severity, and diagnosis, of patient.
Input patient data into MS Excel, Meditech, Medhost and E-board
Staffed entire hospital needs based on Nurse and patient ratio

Management was great, they would work with my schedule for school, and were understanding about personal situations.

Co-workers would take things very personally and get upset a lot. They liked to talk about everyone and were very clickish

Hardest part: Trying to appease the ER and the different floor with placement of the patients.

Enjoyable part: Just the work overall I loved how everyday was different,
Pros
mnagement
Cons
negativity within the office
Feels like family
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 16, 2015
GSMC has plenty of opportunities for advancement and are always willing to promote within the hospital. Everyone is welcoming and friendly and I've gained a lot of lasting friendships with immediate peers and co-workers.
Pros
employee events, networking
Cons
insurance, staffing
Productive and fastpace working conditions.
Emergency Room Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hermiston, ORFebruary 8, 2015
I work 12hr shifts at least 36hrs a week. This job can be both rewarding and taxing on the body and mind. My co-workers are right there with me when I need them and I am there for them. It feels good to know that if a trauma hits our door I am confident that my team will be ready for it. I have the backing of the Director and Asst. Dir. in making sure I get the proper training when needed. The work load can get stressful and the days seem long. But at the end of that day I still enjoy coming back to do it again tomorrow.
Good
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Like many other companies needing more dependable worker's.
I am in the zone whenever I walk in my spot
Labor and Delivery Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 11, 2014
I loved this place. It was far from my father but he encouraged me to follow my dreams. I enjoyed the staff, we worked well together, and even though I had no car, God gave me rides to and from every day. I reinstated my licensure before coming out; and Some things got added since I was last in texas. They granted me my license and let me work for two wonderful years living in the same spot before I got a letter saying my license had been revoked. I was shocked and thought i could fix it fast, but unfortunately, My manager had no choice to terminate me wit the hopes that when I returned restored I will work with them again. That happened in August, I hired a laywer and it was restored in September. I jumped through all their hoops, but I am needed by my father and financially cannot live in texas so I can have urine tests at my financial detrement. That is the only thing keeping the complaint on my licensure in texas.
Pros
happy place to work, friendly staff and ancillary staff with management
Cons
even though it was great, i have no desire to pass texas state lines.
Very good employer and friendly and fair place to work. Love GSMC!!
Utilization Review Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 1, 2014
Busy department, need more employees to perform duties thoroughly, management changes have been challenging, love my co-workers. Wish other departments understood CM/UR and the vital role we play in healthcare reimbursement.
Pros
long term educated staff
Cons
lack of staff
great job
Pre-Registration Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pre-Registration Team Lead was a great position
I learned how to be a leader from a great leader
My coworkers were some of the best and most challenging
The most enjoyable part of my job was creating ways to be
more resouceful and successfule.
High paced but organized place to work
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 26, 2014
GSMC sees over 1500 patients per week on average. It has excellent staff and team work, with the ER doctors, to maintain great care and patient satisfaction.
Pros
great er doctors
Cons
commute