Good Shepherd Medical Center

Good Shepherd Medical Center Employer Reviews

I am in the zone whenever I walk in my spot
Labor and Delivery Staff RN (Former Employee), Longview, TXDecember 11, 2014
Pros: happy place to work, friendly staff and ancillary staff with management
Cons: even though it was great, i have no desire to pass texas state lines.
I loved this place. It was far from my father but he encouraged me to follow my dreams. I enjoyed the staff, we worked well together, and even though I had no car, God gave me rides to and from every day. I reinstated my licensure before coming out; and Some things got added since I was last in texas. They granted me my license and let me work for two wonderful years living in the same spot before I got a letter saying my license had been revoked. I was shocked and thought i could fix it fast, but unfortunately, My manager had no choice to terminate me wit the hopes that when I returned restored I will work with them again. That happened in August, I hired a laywer and it was restored in September. I jumped through all their hoops, but I am needed by my father and financially cannot live in texas so I can have urine tests at my financial detrement. That is the only thing keeping the complaint on my licensure in texas.
Very good employer and friendly and fair place to work. Love GSMC!!
Utilization Review Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Longview, TXNovember 1, 2014
Pros: long term educated staff
Cons: lack of staff
Busy department, need more employees to perform duties thoroughly, management changes have been challenging, love my co-workers. Wish other departments understood CM/UR and the vital role we play in healthcare reimbursement.
great job
Pre-Registration Team Leader (Former Employee), Longview, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pre-Registration Team Lead was a great position
I learned how to be a leader from a great leader
My coworkers were some of the best and most challenging
The most enjoyable part of my job was creating ways to be
more resouceful and successfule.
High paced but organized place to work
Clinical Director (Current Employee), Longview, TXOctober 26, 2014
Pros: great er doctors
Cons: commute
GSMC sees over 1500 patients per week on average. It has excellent staff and team work, with the ER doctors, to maintain great care and patient satisfaction.
Good company
Project specialist to the Supervisor (Current Employee), Longview, TXOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great fund-raising events
Cons: pay
Great Company to work for but lack in the pay-scale. Work patient accounts on the daily assignment. Great group of people. The hardest part is trying to move up in management, transfer to other departments, and pay.
I love working projects, especially those that are on the assignment deadlines. I love the challenge of completing them, successfully.
I enjoy my job, mostly just feel overwhelmed and it's time for a change
Operations Lead (Current Employee), Marshall, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: not micro managed, free drinks if you provide your cup, discounted meals
Cons: 2 yrs w/o raise you get 2% and insurance goes up 6%, new employees brought in making more than some that have been there 5 yrs., pay grades not fair with todays economy, admin will not hold dr. responsible for completing their records then spvr. dings your eval, they weren't completed in timely manner
Productive and I enjoy the employees I work with, they are always quiet and get to the job. We have deadlines to meet on a daily basis and it gets stressful at times as everything seems to be "priority". You are constantly "robbing Peter to pay Paul".
Working as a team will get the job done and you can go home feeling you have accomplished your goal.
love my co workers
Registered Nurse, Pediatrics (Current Employee), Marshall, TXOctober 9, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: small hospital
We are a small hospital so we work as a team. We help each other out with admits and discharges.
Excellent place to work
Department Secretary and Time Keeper (Current Employee), Longview, TXOctober 6, 2014
A typical day at GSMC for me is wonderful. I've learned all kinds of things about pulmonary diseases and functions. I've made a lot of new friends. GSMC is like my second family. They take care of their own. I've seen it numerous times. When someone is in need they come through will loving support and encouragement.
Intensed and very important to the unit
Monitor Technician (Former Employee), Longview, TXSeptember 19, 2014
The department is very busy most of the time. You learn something different every time you work because each patient situation is different. Management is good. They work with you and my co-worker were like family. You will always have one or two that are not on the same page but over all everyone work with each other. The hard part of the job is getting use to the alarms and recognizing the serious alarms from the warning alarms. I enjoyed the fact that it was 12 hour shifts and I only had to work three nights a week.
Very productive place to work
Patient Care Technician-Wound Care Dept. (Former Employee), Longview, TXSeptember 14, 2014
Was laid off in March after 24 years of working for the company.
Average place to work
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Longview, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: educational facility
Cons: held merit raises for 1 1/2 years for all employees system-wide
ER is very busy. Employees may or may not get a lunch break. Recent changes in staffing have put more responsibility and strain on RN's to complete time consuming tasks such as transporting admit patients to the floor and discharging patients from ER. GSMC is an educational facility which has mixed results. RN's get to learn new things, but the use of residents to write orders for admit patients is often a hindrance to nursing staff.
good knowledgable and friendly staff
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Longview, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: to many staff meetings during lunch time
great patients to work with with a variety of diagnosis which allowed for great learning opportunities. staff is friendly and helpful when in need of support or ideas. allowed to arrange daily schedule to fit patients needs. hardest part of job is unexpected procedures and having to make up the time w the patient.
great place
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 23, 2014
worked in all areas of the hospital and gained a lot of experience in SICU, MICU, ER.
Overall a good place to work
LVN (Former Employee), Longview, TXJune 22, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: did not get breaks most days and sometimes no lunch break
Pay is good in the hospital but not in other facilities related to Good Shepherd
Director of department is accomodating to employees and attempts to be fair
Pay raises withheld this year due to financial difficulties
Many recent lay-offs
Very friendly team. I had a great experience as a student with a wide range of patients.
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Longview, TXJune 11, 2014
Great experience as a student at this facility. Enjoyed having a highly varied case load. Great team work between PT, OT, ST and PTA's. Everyone had a great work life balance and was eager to learn from each other.
Excellent!
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Longview, TXJune 1, 2014
Great place to work - management is very supportive of nursing staff. Opportunities for advancement and very supportive of continuing education. Hospital is very well thought of in the community and has an excellent reputation for providing quality care.
Professionalism is High
Patient Account Coordinator/Follow-Up Biller (Former Employee), Longview, TXApril 25, 2014
Pros: knowledge and skills is high
Cons: fair benefits
Fair Management
Fair Benefits
Learned so many skills
Many Challenges
Student
Student (Current Employee), Longview, TXApril 22, 2014
I am just a student here.Tell us about:

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable
Many jobs recently eliminated due to downsizing.
Former Employee (Former Employee), Longview, TXApril 1, 2014
Cons: minimal financial compensation. few opportunities for advancement.
Wonderful co-workers to work with on a daily basis. Longview, TX is a wonderful community in which to raise a family. Wonderful weather, all year long.
Productive and Professional place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Longview, TXMarch 24, 2014
each day is different as patients come and go on a daily basis.

1 2 3 4