Good Shepherd Services Employee Reviews

good place
Family Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 7, 2017
Good management. The CEO was very professional and treated us all the same, even though I (am) African American and she was Caucasian and Jewish. I was very comfortable with her. The CEO even made a deal with the workers to take a 30 minute lunch break and work, 9 hours per day. if we do this we could work only 4 days per week
Pros
Good management
Terrible work place
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 7, 2017
This was not a place where I felt comfortable at. There was a lot of favoritism at the site I worked at. Which was located in the Bronx. Management was very poor and unprofessional. My site director was rude and disrespectful and very condescending which caused after school staff to leave as well as admin. The pay here was good but to go through the drama and stress was not worth it. Directors stay in the office then give false evaluations when they are never present and went off of hearsay. Do not waste your time here.
Cons
Poor management, favortism
Create a safe and fun environment for children
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 22, 2017
Good workplace environment, neighborhood is busy. Staff care for each other, staff and parents usually have good communicating relationships about children.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
No vacation hours
Great place to work with kids
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10468November 5, 2017
All the 123 hours I volunteered there, it was great to work with my middle school teachers. Their staff is great, If I was ever offered a job I would take. They have such close and loving stuff. They made me want to my community service how great they work as a team, and a school. I think if your kid goes, they will learn so many things, and many options for high school.
Pros
Free lunch, loving
Rewarding job
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 5, 2017
A typical day at work. Get to work and make sure they have/had breakfast. First thing I do is read the chart from the day/night before. Then assist with whatever is needed.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
No traditional breaks or lunches
Overall a good experience
Project Consultant /Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2017
Enjoyed working with the entire HR Team in meeting the goals of the Recruiting assignment. The result of which over 50% of the candidates seen at the job fairs were hired by various managers.
Personal Review
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
This employment gave employees recognition. They showed us interest in our personal lives and working environment. They allowed me to work from home in order to employ me while being at school.
Fun Workplace
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 10, 2017
I had to Plan, lead, and implement core and non-core programs and experiences for children in a small group setting.
Ensure the general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in his/her group.
Amazing
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 1, 2017
As a teenager this was one the best first jobs I had, The staff was great and so was Mngt. It was a fun environment working with younger children and developing a sense of maturity within myself.
Good shepherds has trained me very well to handle crisis situations
Youth Development Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 28, 2017
I feel Good Shepherds help children in need and makes you a better person providing you with trainings that help with life.Good shepherd is a place for people with big hearts because ,Your heart helps heal people in need
Pros
Helping at risk teenagers
Cons
Pay
Calm environment they really care for you
Dean's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 19, 2017
From this job service I learned responsibility and how to be patient , I learned different types of skills from working in an elementary school to working in a high school. The people are friendly and they preovide free food on many occasions. They take you on paid trips and provide you with all types of help like creating resumes and building structure and that's why I enjoyed my time there .
Pros
Free lunches and seminars and trips
It was a good place to work with kids
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 14, 2017
A typical day at work was to come in go set up the play space for the kids make sure they had snacks and activities to do throughout the day. I learned that working with ids is not easy you need a lot of patience and you have to actually bond with them. The hardest part was when it was extremely cold and we had to walk far to pick the kids up and bring them back. The best part was just meeting new people the food stores, the kids and getting my paycheck.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Good Shepard services was a good place to work however I was only there for summer camp. While I was working there I was able to meet kids and staff and was just able to have a good time working there. Also, it was only a 7-week job.
Great work place !
Activity Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 7, 2017
It's a great opportunity to expand your ways on working with children from different ages. Working in an after school program allows to identify a child's best talents.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No health insurance
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Overall great place to work. Great staff. Really fast paced. Job is rewarding however you can get burnt out. Somewhat of an opportunity to grow. The pay could be better for the amount of work that goes into the job.
Productive workplace
Youth Developmental Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
Decent and pretty productive workplace, enjoy counseling the residents and sharing my experience as a teenager with them. A lot of the youth are misunderstood and misguided so I love being able to be someone that they look up to. We talk with them daily, tapping into their feelings. We also do a lot of activities with the youth; games, movies, Arts and Crafts, etc
Pros
Free lunch
Friendly staff but no room for advancement and bad management
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Seymour, WIAugust 6, 2017
I hate working here because of management and plenty of my coworkers agree. I work in the assisted living but it feels like a nursing home because of management letting in people with too much care to be considered assisted living quality.
Productive and fun workplace
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 5, 2017
Responsible for the overall leadership, planning and implementation of an after school
group for elementary age youth. Including integrated educational projects, recreation, arts
and crafts and group building activities
Enjoyable and Interactive Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 23, 2017
I was a tutor for Good Shepard beggining my Sophomore year of High School. I tutor math because of my deep understanding and love for the subject, I bring my interest and develop it within students that struggle with the subject. With cooperation, the kids I tutored saw a large bump in math grades and a hightened interest of the subject and were more comfortable in classes.
good place
Contract Analyst - GSS Billing & Finance Team (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 21, 2017
Its a good place, very flexible. Cant say a lot about growth or career moves, descent experience. People are nice all around, no stress. Not that many problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Shepherd Services. Our community is ready to answer.