Good Shepherd Services Employee Reviews

Hours are flexible.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 25, 2017
Job will be closing in April of 2017. Was an ok place to work. They are very flexible when it comes to the hours you want or need to work.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
No consequences for the kids behavior.
ok place to work
c n a (Current Employee) –  Mason City, IAFebruary 8, 2017
They have had allot of deficiencies with Sate and has face allot of law suits. they pick choice who they want to move up in the work place. i enjoy working with and for the people who live at the Good Shepard . I also enjoy working with my coworkers the hardiest part the job is being passed over for advancement by staff have been at the nursing home that have been there for six months or less.
Pros
he;th insure vac sick pay retirement plan
Cons
no dental have buy your own work clothes pick and choice people for advancement
Productive in meeting patient needs
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Providence, LAJanuary 3, 2017
My review at this job on a typical day it can be sometimes good and bad. You learn motivation and patience. Management could be better in being organized. Co-workers are very understanding. The hardest part is having to cooperate with co-workers work ethnicity. The most enjoyable is working as a good team.
Pros
Good working knowledge and studies
Very fun place to work if you have a love for chidren
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 17, 2016
The work place is very far. Everyone got alone and the children came first.Development for the children keeping it fun and fair for them. Teachers were to make sure the classes were learning and everything kept in order. There was not anything hard about the job it was that you had to get to know the children and the best way for learning and playing with others. I most enjoyed seeing how each child learn and developed.
Pros
We had a hour for lunch, and we had to take a full hour
Cons
WE had no Health care and we had a 15min. brake in the morning and in the afternoon
We're closing
Clinical Director of Treatment Services (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDFebruary 27, 2017
Well, GSS is closing in April; and I have very mixed feelings about it. While I feel strongly about the reasons/decisions which led the agency to this place, I have thoroughly enjoyed working here with the team of people I'm working with. I've built life-long professional and personal relationships and I will forever be grateful for them!
Pros
Great clinical team to work with!
Cons
Little to no time for lunch breaks, outside appointments, etc.
A work in progress
Transportation Aide (Former Employee) –  HelthropeJanuary 18, 2017
Working at Good Shepherd gave me an better understanding of serving adolescents with disabilities . I believe good shepherd has many problems that go un-notice and swept away. I believe to make gss a stronger , more stable place would be changing the management system .
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seymour, WIJanuary 12, 2017
Good Shepherd has a clean, homey environment. The staff take wonderful care of the residents. Good staffing ratio and fair work assignments. Open door management.
Productive workplace with good atmosphere.
Temporary Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 11, 2017
This workplace is very productive. I enjoyed providing services to the community. This was a great experience to improve my skills as a case manager. I learned to empathize with clients of different backgrounds. This gave me an opportunity to become culturally sensitive.
Good Culture to be around. Strong work ethic from employees
Behavior Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDFebruary 14, 2017
This company has a good structure with even better employees. On a day to day basis, staff comes to work with the idea on helping the students during their transition period to their community.
Great Work Place
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 19, 2017
An great place to do a internship. Help you get a job as a paid internship for the field of work you want to do later on in life. Great way to gain experience in the line of work that catches your interest.

Want to know more about Good Shepherd Services?

Ask a question
Growth
Senior Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDFebruary 17, 2017
I give thanks! Great learning experience awesome people that I will remember for life. This was truly a blessing. Nothing more to say I give thanks!
Pros
God Centered
Cons
Closing
It was a good experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 12, 2017
you have to have a passion for it. but staff is friendly and very helpful. a lot of work and dedication. team player. Job may interfere with your regular life
Pros
help people
Cons
wages
Manager of Program Outcomes/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2017
They had a true heart for helping kids and I was honored to be able to assist in many capacities to support the kids and the staff. Sadly they will be closing.
Productive and fun workplace
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 5, 2016
The job was very serious environment . staff was like one big family , what one employee lacked another picked up . Good team building .
Pros
The feild trips was amazing
Cons
Short lunch break
Good shepard
Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 16, 2016
I love it, the people there are so friendly. When ever i have a problem they get the job done or ask me what needs to be done. The people there are very positive to me
Rewarding and long hours
Assistant Program Director (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 15, 2012
My day at work included the coordination of community servive events to increase enrollment efforts, as well as creating and researching curriculum for the after school program. i have prepared reports and maintained records and databases to track participants attendance and for inventory purposes. Management was a great help in some aspects of this job, however the most beneficial component to this job was the children and the parents. the hardest part of this job was leaving to pursue my dream of finishing my degree. the most enjoyable experience of this position as the creation process and to witness familes gain independency and self sufficient lives.
Pros
school trips, vacation, and holiday schedules. as well as benefits and discounts.
Cons
short breaks
Activites, Lesson plans, enjoy working with kids.
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 14, 2014
My experience as a Program Aide at Good Shepherd Services would be satisfactory. On a daily basis I pick up children from school and take them to the after school program that we provide. My duties are to make sure their homework is done and get them ready for an educational activity i.e learning sign language, arts and crafts or self esteem workshops. My hardest part of the job is keeping the children seated and away from distraction. Children tend to get distracted when there is not much to do, but I try my best to engage them in fun activities where they are having fun and learning all together. My most enjoyable time at work is when the kids have structure and they are feeling good. Management is okay, I understand who my superiors are but I am not treated like a subordinate, fortunately I am treated with respect including the rest of my co-workers, I consider us to be a family.
Pros
Learning how to do lesson plans, I love working with kids.
Cons
No breaks, or benefits.
Activities events
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 8, 2013
Working for Good Shepherd Services was a good experience, I am grateful to them for my livelihood, and as the name indicates, its an agency that cares about families of all walks of life, they are advocates for helping families at risks and so forth. As their administrative assistant, I worked with only the administrative aspects and liaised with teammates as necessary to support them. My co-workers were good people, my supervisor also great, they were difficult situations at times when things were not going well, but it eventually worked out. The hardest part of the job I'd would say actually cutting work week, it affected my income, other than that nothing, The most enjoyable time is having staff parties at restaurants where we were at ease to just be relaxed for a while.
Pros
excellent vacation benefits, and health insurance benefits, 401K A+++
Cons
no cons
Diverse cultures which comes together to better the community for youths and parents.
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Bronx/Brooklyn, NYSeptember 10, 2014
A typical day at work consists of engaging students to expand their academics & skills. I have learned so much about the communities and cultures. Management is good. Co-workers were alright for most of the times. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time with helping a child. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you made a difference in a child life, for the better.
Pros
Company pays well.
Cons
No benefits.
Program aide
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 21, 2016
Plan of work was very well thought out. The work place is very traditional. parents from all over come and celebrate and support the company. Children come back for years.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Shepherd Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2