Good Shepherd Services

Good Shepherd Services Employee Reviews

Great workplace, awesome co-workers!
Receptionist (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great company!
Cons: No advancement option(s)
I really enjoy what I do here at Good Shepherd Services. However, the fact that there is no job advancement options for me really frustrates me.
A good non profit
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 12, 2015
Pros: Fun and passionate coworkers
Cons: district directors, not a lot of hours offered, few incentives
I loved the staff/team I was able to work with (at an afterschool program). For the most part, everyone is really passionate about helping children.
For a nonprofit, the hourly pay rate is great, however hours are capped at about 18-20 for part time workers.
The upper management was annoying and a big downside to this organization. Seem to do so little, but always have unnecessary suggestions.
Essentially, be ready to do a lot of work outside of your job description and rarely get noticed or rewarded. I didn't mind this aspect because I loved being able to help, but if bonuses and rewards are what you seek, look elsewhere.
Nice place to work until the Management changed.
Engineer (Former Employee), Halethorpe, MDMay 10, 2015
Responsible for two (2) 250 HP Clever Brooks Boilers, two (2) 275 Ton Trane Chillers, One BAC Cooling Tower, Seventeen (17) Air Handlers with Pneumatic Controls.
Numerous Pneumatic Systems throughout the Campus. Replaced Motors of all voltages, Repair/rebuild Motor Bearings, repair/rebuild Motor Starters. Arc weld. Braze, Silver Solder, and perform Preventive Maintenance on all Mechanical Equipment and help where needed.
Can be productive, but the structure of the facility is not professional.
Group Leader (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: My role suits being a mentor for children and teenagers.
Cons: unsafe neighborhood, poor structure, poor managment and professionalism.
A typical day at work would be overseeing the participants (teens) who attend the after school program while they attend their activities i.e basketball, computers etc. My coworkers are not as receptive as they should when it comes to viewing things from other perspectives and etc..
Productive And Cool To Be Around So Many Different Personalities
Leader in Training (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 27, 2015
Pros: Free Snacks
Cons: none
A day at work would be some kids catching fits because they don't want to do a certain activity. I learned how to react to certain situations with the kids.My co-workers were hilarious and very open minded.The hardest part of my job was to not knock them kids upside they head when they get really disrespectful.The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the kids happy and having fun.
Program Aide (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 7, 2015
Typical day at work is a lot of work being done, sort on staff and no type of organization. I've learned you cant always look out for others because they only look out for themselves. Management wasn't so great, a lot of things wasn't handled properly. My co workers were ok. Most of the time they wasn't there so I had to cover for them. The hardest part of the job I would say would be handling a child that needs more help then we could have provided. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching the kids something new and different each day no matter how bad the conditions were.
Warm place to work
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedules
Cons: long hours
Great place to work. The goal is to reunite families and build brighter futures for children and families. The hardest part of the job is parents that are unable to reclaim their lives because of substance abuse or personal dysfunction.
LAID BACK.
Youth Counselor (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 2, 2015
Cons: n/a
You have to really be on top of your A game. There is no time for slacking. IF YOU ARENT WILLING TO GIVE YOUR ALL, THEN DON'T APPLY!
This is a great company to work for
Administrative Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 2, 2015
Good Shepherd is a fantastic agency to work for. This is a family oriented agency. The community knows and acknowledges the good work that we do.
Good work value and committment to foster growth
Supervisor, Family Foster Care/Adoption Services (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: the wealth of knowledge available if you seek it
Cons: job culture diminished as management shifted
Foster care is a difficult job in itself and Good Shepherd offers you the basic knowledge and opportunities to advance in the field to certain degree, more so through education. The hardest part is job work/life balance but the best part of the job is sharing a family's overall growth.
productive place
Part-time Office Assistant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Good Place to work and advance your career.
Working here you must be compassionate about working with youth in foster care.
After School Program teaching children to become productive individuals
Group Leader (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: salary is great.
Cons: i guess it could be great if you have great leaders.
Overall beliefs and concept of teaching is great.
Some managers need to improve time management especially when it comes to scheduling training for their employees
Good Shepherd
Group Leader (Former Employee), brooklyn, nyDecember 12, 2014
There are many ways to move up in this company. They are very helpful in any aspect
Fun Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 5, 2014
Great Non Profit Organization, nice co-workers and opportunity for growth within the organazation.
Nice
General Security/File Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2014
typycal security work , nice interac with people........................................................................................
Wonderful place to work
Director (Former Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 15, 2014
Amazing work environment, caring staff and administration, room for growth and awesome benefits.
Intern at a faacility in the Bronx
Visiting Coach - Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 11, 2014
N/A Intern at this Agency for four months.
Supervised visitations between kids and parent/parents, siblings who are in foster care.
Productive and good place to work.
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 9, 2014
These internships i did really helped me alot to open up and be more comfortable talking to people for example, Parents and Students.
I really enjoyed the short amount of time i was there, picking up phone calls, translating and doing all types of paper work.
Good Shepherd
CNA/Trainer/Team leader (Former Employee), Seymour, WIOctober 9, 2014
Very nice place to work.. Resident ratio was 8-1, so I didn't feel as rushed.

My co-workers were alright, Good Shepherd is in my hometown which is small so everyone knew everyone, which at times created unneeded drama.

I had a hard time with management, which is why I decided to leave. I felt after 6+ years of work I wasn't as appreciated as I should have been.
Good summer job
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 8, 2014
Good summer job that allows you to be outside and have a fun job.

1 2 3 4