Good Shepherd Services Employee Review

View all Good Shepherd Services reviews

Great introduction to youth development
staff member (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 7, 2014
I truly loved my experience working with youth and families in the Bronx. a typical day included making phone calls, attending meetings, conducting home visits, and preparing for workshops. Management was great in terms of supervising and assisting with supporting the work and professional development. The organization gives employees a chance to increase skills by having them take trainings. The hardest part of the job was unexpected situations that impacted the deliverables needed to give concrete outcomes. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting community members to programming for youth and families of foster care youth.
Pros
trainings, support by supervisors, co-workers, work culture excellent
Cons
lack of capacity for programs

Other Good Shepherd Services Employee Reviews

good place
Family Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 7, 2017
Good management. The CEO was very professional and treated us all the same, even though I (am) African American and she was Caucasian and Jewish. I was very comfortable with her. The CEO even made a deal with the workers to take a 30 minute lunch break and work, 9 hours per day. if we do this we could work only 4 days per week
Pros
Good management
Terrible work place
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 7, 2017
This was not a place where I felt comfortable at. There was a lot of favoritism at the site I worked at. Which was located in the Bronx. Management was very poor and unprofessional. My site director was rude and disrespectful and very condescending which caused after school staff to leave as well as admin. The pay here was good but to go through the drama and stress was not worth it. Directors stay in the office then give false evaluations when they are never present and went off of hearsay. Do not waste your time here.
Cons
Poor management, favortism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Shepherd Services. Our community is ready to answer.