Good Shepherd Services Employee Review

View all Good Shepherd Services reviews

Job
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  sharp house, bronx, nyJanuary 10, 2014
the work is fun and interesting because you change lives of the children within the program, but the organization is poorly managed. I have seen people lose their jobs because they wont have extra curriculum activities with the supervisors. its a at will organization long days no lunch or 15 min breaks, low pay and little to no benefits. great start but don't make a career out of it.
Pros
changing lives
Cons
poorly managed, low pay, little to no benefits

Other Good Shepherd Services Employee Reviews

rewarding
Substance Abuse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 8, 2017
This is a quick pace setting I would have scheduled clients come in for random drug screening. Most times I would provide counseling and sit in on case conferences providing input. Escort clients to programs that I have helped get in. Occasionally visit clients at home or at their programs. Most time sit down and not only talk but to listen to my clients with an empathetic ear giving constructive feedback
Great place to work with kids
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10468November 5, 2017
All the 123 hours I volunteered there, it was great to work with my middle school teachers. Their staff is great, If I was ever offered a job I would take. They have such close and loving stuff. They made me want to my community service how great they work as a team, and a school. I think if your kid goes, they will learn so many things, and many options for high school.
Pros
Free lunch, loving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Shepherd Services. Our community is ready to answer.