Good Shepherd Services Employee Reviews

Manager of Program Outcomes/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2017
They had a true heart for helping kids and I was honored to be able to assist in many capacities to support the kids and the staff. Sadly they will be closing.
Growth
Senior Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDFebruary 17, 2017
I give thanks! Great learning experience awesome people that I will remember for life. This was truly a blessing. Nothing more to say I give thanks!
Pros
God Centered
Cons
Closing
Good Culture to be around. Strong work ethic from employees
Behavior Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDFebruary 14, 2017
This company has a good structure with even better employees. On a day to day basis, staff comes to work with the idea on helping the students during their transition period to their community.
ok place to work
c n a (Current Employee) –  Mason City, IAFebruary 8, 2017
They have had allot of deficiencies with Sate and has face allot of law suits. they pick choice who they want to move up in the work place. i enjoy working with and for the people who live at the Good Shepard . I also enjoy working with my coworkers the hardiest part the job is being passed over for advancement by staff have been at the nursing home that have been there for six months or less.
Pros
he;th insure vac sick pay retirement plan
Cons
no dental have buy your own work clothes pick and choice people for advancement
Great Work Place
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 19, 2017
An great place to do a internship. Help you get a job as a paid internship for the field of work you want to do later on in life. Great way to gain experience in the line of work that catches your interest.
A work in progress
Transportation Aide (Former Employee) –  HelthropeJanuary 18, 2017
Working at Good Shepherd gave me an better understanding of serving adolescents with disabilities . I believe good shepherd has many problems that go un-notice and swept away. I believe to make gss a stronger , more stable place would be changing the management system .
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seymour, WIJanuary 12, 2017
Good Shepherd has a clean, homey environment. The staff take wonderful care of the residents. Good staffing ratio and fair work assignments. Open door management.
It was a good experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 12, 2017
you have to have a passion for it. but staff is friendly and very helpful. a lot of work and dedication. team player. Job may interfere with your regular life
Pros
help people
Cons
wages
Productive workplace with good atmosphere.
Temporary Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 11, 2017
This workplace is very productive. I enjoyed providing services to the community. This was a great experience to improve my skills as a case manager. I learned to empathize with clients of different backgrounds. This gave me an opportunity to become culturally sensitive.
Productive in meeting patient needs
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Providence, LAJanuary 3, 2017
My review at this job on a typical day it can be sometimes good and bad. You learn motivation and patience. Management could be better in being organized. Co-workers are very understanding. The hardest part is having to cooperate with co-workers work ethnicity. The most enjoyable is working as a good team.
Pros
Good working knowledge and studies
Good shepard
Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 16, 2016
I love it, the people there are so friendly. When ever i have a problem they get the job done or ask me what needs to be done. The people there are very positive to me
Productive and fun workplace
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 5, 2016
The job was very serious environment . staff was like one big family , what one employee lacked another picked up . Good team building .
Pros
The feild trips was amazing
Cons
Short lunch break
Very fun place to work if you have a love for chidren
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 17, 2016
The work place is very far. Everyone got alone and the children came first.Development for the children keeping it fun and fair for them. Teachers were to make sure the classes were learning and everything kept in order. There was not anything hard about the job it was that you had to get to know the children and the best way for learning and playing with others. I most enjoyed seeing how each child learn and developed.
Pros
We had a hour for lunch, and we had to take a full hour
Cons
WE had no Health care and we had a 15min. brake in the morning and in the afternoon
Program aide
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 21, 2016
Plan of work was very well thought out. The work place is very traditional. parents from all over come and celebrate and support the company. Children come back for years.
productive great learning experience
Beginning Intern (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 1, 2016
fun preparing for new students to enroll
learn how to do payroll and take notes
calling other schools
preparing for events
Pros
worked in a school i attended
Always active
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 25, 2016
I would come in the morning and be home by the afternoon. i would be place where ever they needed a position filled in. Every group I was placed in I had fun with the kids. my co-workers were once my group leaders. There weren't really any hard times in my job
Pros
Always moving and enjoying myself
Cons
some disrespect children
Youth Development Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2016
Great place to work, some of the staff is supportive, allows you to return back to school to further you education. The residents become more like family.
Pros
Bulid meaning relationships
Cons
Under staff
productive and build on patience
program aid (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 14, 2016
working with children can be over whelming. but the company prepares you by sending you to training so you can understand what to do at all times very organize. also a lot of great people work there so its easy to work on your team building.
Pros
works around your school schedule
Cons
healthcare, not a lot of hours
Excellent family oriented agency
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 12, 2015
At my time at Good Shephered Services, I not only learned the essentials to being an effective Case Planner, I was entrusted in handling my work as my leadership enstilled effective problem soliving tactics which helped get the job done on a daily basis.
Productive and enjoyable job.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 1, 2015
Colleagues are a pleasure to work with. Management and HR could be better supportive. Working with children is the best part of the job. Being Administrative Assistant can be a very fast paced. There is room for growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Shepherd Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2