Good Shepherd Services Employee Reviews

ok place to work
c n a (Current Employee) –  Mason City, IAFebruary 8, 2017
They have had allot of deficiencies with Sate and has face allot of law suits. they pick choice who they want to move up in the work place. i enjoy working with and for the people who live at the Good Shepard . I also enjoy working with my coworkers the hardiest part the job is being passed over for advancement by staff have been at the nursing home that have been there for six months or less.
Pros
he;th insure vac sick pay retirement plan
Cons
no dental have buy your own work clothes pick and choice people for advancement
Productive in meeting patient needs
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Providence, LAJanuary 3, 2017
My review at this job on a typical day it can be sometimes good and bad. You learn motivation and patience. Management could be better in being organized. Co-workers are very understanding. The hardest part is having to cooperate with co-workers work ethnicity. The most enjoyable is working as a good team.
Pros
Good working knowledge and studies
A work in progress
Transportation Aide (Former Employee) –  HelthropeJanuary 18, 2017
Working at Good Shepherd gave me an better understanding of serving adolescents with disabilities . I believe good shepherd has many problems that go un-notice and swept away. I believe to make gss a stronger , more stable place would be changing the management system .
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seymour, WIJanuary 12, 2017
Good Shepherd has a clean, homey environment. The staff take wonderful care of the residents. Good staffing ratio and fair work assignments. Open door management.
Very fun place to work if you have a love for chidren
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 17, 2016
The work place is very far. Everyone got alone and the children came first.Development for the children keeping it fun and fair for them. Teachers were to make sure the classes were learning and everything kept in order. There was not anything hard about the job it was that you had to get to know the children and the best way for learning and playing with others. I most enjoyed seeing how each child learn and developed.
Pros
We had a hour for lunch, and we had to take a full hour
Cons
WE had no Health care and we had a 15min. brake in the morning and in the afternoon
Productive workplace with good atmosphere.
Temporary Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 11, 2017
This workplace is very productive. I enjoyed providing services to the community. This was a great experience to improve my skills as a case manager. I learned to empathize with clients of different backgrounds. This gave me an opportunity to become culturally sensitive.
Good Culture to be around. Strong work ethic from employees
Behavior Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDFebruary 14, 2017
This company has a good structure with even better employees. On a day to day basis, staff comes to work with the idea on helping the students during their transition period to their community.
Great Work Place
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 19, 2017
An great place to do a internship. Help you get a job as a paid internship for the field of work you want to do later on in life. Great way to gain experience in the line of work that catches your interest.
It was a good experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 12, 2017
you have to have a passion for it. but staff is friendly and very helpful. a lot of work and dedication. team player. Job may interfere with your regular life
Pros
help people
Cons
wages
Growth
Senior Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDFebruary 17, 2017
I give thanks! Great learning experience awesome people that I will remember for life. This was truly a blessing. Nothing more to say I give thanks!
Pros
God Centered
Cons
Closing
Hours are flexible.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 25, 2017
Job will be closing in April of 2017. Was an ok place to work. They are very flexible when it comes to the hours you want or need to work.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
No consequences for the kids behavior.
Manager of Program Outcomes/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2017
They had a true heart for helping kids and I was honored to be able to assist in many capacities to support the kids and the staff. Sadly they will be closing.
Good shepard
Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 16, 2016
I love it, the people there are so friendly. When ever i have a problem they get the job done or ask me what needs to be done. The people there are very positive to me
Productive and fun workplace
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 5, 2016
The job was very serious environment . staff was like one big family , what one employee lacked another picked up . Good team building .
Pros
The feild trips was amazing
Cons
Short lunch break
Program aide
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 21, 2016
Plan of work was very well thought out. The work place is very traditional. parents from all over come and celebrate and support the company. Children come back for years.
Cons
Good work value and committment to foster growth
Supervisor, Family Foster Care/Adoption Services (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Foster care is a difficult job in itself and Good Shepherd offers you the basic knowledge and opportunities to advance in the field to certain degree, more so through education. The hardest part is job work/life balance but the best part of the job is sharing a family's overall growth.
Pros
The wealth of knowledge available if you seek it
Cons
Job culture diminished as management shifted
Diverse cultures which comes together to better the community for youths and parents.
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Bronx/Brooklyn, NYSeptember 10, 2014
A typical day at work consists of engaging students to expand their academics & skills. I have learned so much about the communities and cultures. Management is good. Co-workers were alright for most of the times. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time with helping a child. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you made a difference in a child life, for the better.
Pros
Company pays well.
Cons
No benefits.
Great introduction to youth development
staff member (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 7, 2014
I truly loved my experience working with youth and families in the Bronx. a typical day included making phone calls, attending meetings, conducting home visits, and preparing for workshops. Management was great in terms of supervising and assisting with supporting the work and professional development. The organization gives employees a chance to increase skills by having them take trainings. The hardest part of the job was unexpected situations that impacted the deliverables needed to give concrete outcomes. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting community members to programming for youth and families of foster care youth.
Pros
trainings, support by supervisors, co-workers, work culture excellent
Cons
lack of capacity for programs
Rewarding and long hours
Assistant Program Director (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 15, 2012
My day at work included the coordination of community servive events to increase enrollment efforts, as well as creating and researching curriculum for the after school program. i have prepared reports and maintained records and databases to track participants attendance and for inventory purposes. Management was a great help in some aspects of this job, however the most beneficial component to this job was the children and the parents. the hardest part of this job was leaving to pursue my dream of finishing my degree. the most enjoyable experience of this position as the creation process and to witness familes gain independency and self sufficient lives.
Pros
school trips, vacation, and holiday schedules. as well as benefits and discounts.
Cons
short breaks
Great for the youth not the adults that take care of them
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 15, 2014
Good Shepherd was a great place to work, but recently, management doesn't manage. Days are scheduled to be structured, but in actuality, they are not and the environment is chaotic. Directors do not direct. This is as of recently. Money is either missing or there isnt any, co-workers date laterally supervisors/line staff. They promote "Sanctuary" but that's all it is promotion. It isn't a belief. I learned that when the top dogs leave the directors and division directors really are clueless as to what is REALLY going on. The hardest part is no respect for your own time. You are volunteered or expected to stay. People should have been fired but are still there and that's because they kiss butt. Gossip amongst adults where truth is thought to be a lie and lies are taken for truth. Stay away from the detentions and placement.
Pros
Good Shepherd looks good on your resume
Cons
Poor leadership and communication. Low balled on pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Shepherd Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2