Good Shepherd Services Employee Reviews

Company Closed
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDJuly 18, 2017
Had good caring staff that really worked with at risk youth who were also dedicated. Upper management did not support staff and was not organized in ensuring quality care of the students.
Productive and flexible company to begin a caeer.
Assistant Site Director-Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 11, 2017
Good Shepherd Service is a flexible agency that does promote within. GSS is committed to serving the under-privileged community and ensuring the participants are safe.
Usually understaffed and the staff too children ratio is rarely followed.
Instructor/Group leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 6, 2017
the company has goals on helping the children and the community but really drops the ball on important things that may strengthen their cause. they are horrible with staffing and managing ratio's. most days you would be expected too supervise 20+ children by yourself and expected too produce normal everyday activities. with a 5 min notification before your work day will begin.
Reccommneded
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seymour, WIJune 26, 2017
I would reccommend this job to any friend needing a good solid place that has flexible hours! the Supervisors there are amazing! Defnitely loved working there
Pros
Flexible hours, Open shifts
Cons
Short breaks, 3 call ins your fired
Productive fun workplace
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 26, 2017
Great experience if you are into helping others and you can learn slot from the youths that are from urban communities. Help others with decision making and growth and change.
Pros
Flexible work hours and good experience
Cons
N/a
Fast Paced
Art Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 22, 2017
3-4 hours conducting art lessons for children from 6-8th grade. I learned to have patience when teaching because not everyone learns at the same pace. I managed the lessons, structured the layouts for said lessons, such as what supplies will be provided, how the classroom will be set up and step by step directions to assist the students as they make their art. The hardest part of the job is the few children that misbehave on a constant basis. The easiest part of the job is seeing the children proud of what they created.
Horrible place to work but the pay is decent
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDJune 19, 2017
The turn over is very high . Working AT GSS is very stressed filled. There is not any room for advancement .If you're looking for good incentives please this place is not for you
creating lesson plans and activities for middle school kids.
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 13, 2017
the location im at me and the director dont click. its always something negative she finds to say to me about what udes i have for the students. im very creative and i would love to work in a more positive atmosphere
Pros
the pay rate
Cons
the director and short hours
Caring and supportive environment for at risk youth.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 13, 2017
. I learned to be better listener and attentive to needs of young people that do not come from stable home situations. Management encouraged staff
and introduced unique methods to accomplish objectives.
Pros
Commited Staff
Cons
Short Staff
Productive workplace
Program Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 10, 2017
Worked about 4-8 hours a day. Professional coworkers and supervisors. Improved my interpersonal, and communication skills. Colleagues were friendly. The kids I worked with were absolutely lovely

Want to know more about Good Shepherd Services?

Ask a question
Good workplace. Friendly.
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 10, 2017
Working here taught me "relationship" . I loved my patients to death. Of course these types of work arent the easiest but they need you to the fullest. Its all worth it to see a smile on thier face.
Pros
You know they are being left fed, clean, and happy.
Cons
Not enough pay unfortunately. They dont let you leave for lunch.
Resident Assistant (On-Call)/ Activities (Current Employee) –  Seymour, WIMay 29, 2017
Most of the time people are willing to work together and are very nice. The elderly people are nice to work with and the food is good. For the most part it's a good place to work
Inpatient Residential Treatment Center for adolescents
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2017
GSS was full of nice, mission-driven people. Unfortunately, there was no leadership from the executive team, and as a result, the center was forced to close.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
CEO inexperienced and unqualified
Experience Leading a Multi-faceted Program
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 22, 2017
Good Shepherd Services was my most challenging position as a Program Director. We were located in a tough area where engaging the community was difficult. I had to get super creative! That part of the job I enjoyed the most. Unfortunately, I wish I had more time to turn the program around as the given timeframe was not practical. Also, I wish there was more support from the community leadership in reaching creative collaborations as well as more support from my executive management team in shifting the culture of my program.
Pros
Able to Use My Creativity
Cons
Had a Challenging Time Shifting the Culture of the Center/ Community
relaxed atmosphere
Youth Internship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 12, 2017
Although the environment was not so rigid, work was done and the students were able to get the support that they sought. the company offered many training classes to help push staff to advance in their career.
Excellent summer job
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 10, 2017
It never felt like I was working. The employees and children made the day run smooth. Management was accessible and helpful. All the information I need to work was provided.
Pros
Traveled around NYC
Cons
Temporary employment
fun workplace
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 25, 2017
I love working with kids. Fun and safe environment. This is a job that I have worked the least hours but enjoyed the most working at. Very family oriented.
management
Family Foster Care (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 21, 2017
Management is poor, leadership needs to be retrained in people skills and management skills. Often felt like there is no guidance. Supervision is a joke. This is a job to earn money its not like career based. there is no growth.
Cons
salary
workplace culture
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 20, 2017
Interning at Good Shepherds is a beneficial experience. The Juvenile justice division is simply amazing. I would love to continue being a part of this great organization.
Nice place to work at
Office Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 18, 2017
Family oriented environment. the workers at the agency are very friendly. the director is very reasonable and compassionate. they try their best to work as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Shepherd Services. Our community is ready to answer.