Goodman Goodman Manufacturing Company

Goodman Goodman Manufacturing Company Employee Reviews

Good Environment
Quality Control (QC) (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 18, 2015
I learned alot there AND WILL LOVE TO COME BACK.
I have worked in engineering fields in a variety of industries; I have the background to designs and install quality control process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques, Formulates or assists in formulating quality control policies and procedures.
T.V.
Inventory control inspector (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2015
Pros: suggestion box
Cons: short breaks
Goodman is a great place to work, fun functions yearly. There is a catalog for only Goodman employees, this is excellent for people who are in dire straits for lawn mower, house hold needs, or the perfect gift for that perfect person.
Fun, Productive Environment, Understanding Management
Admin Clerk (Former Employee), Dayton, TNMay 29, 2015
Pros: Being flexable with my children and my co-workers
Cons: Being laid off
On a typical day I sat at my desk and entered various data from the production floor, or submitted purchase requisition and kept all the paperwork organized. My co-workers and the management team were always fun to work with. I have 2 children and they were always understanding if I had to leave for a sick child or for various appointments. The hardest part of my job was simply translating what was written on the paper and explaining the importance of recording their data accurately. And also being laid off. The company had a reduction in workforce which ultimately they had to lay quite a few people off and I unfortunately was one of those. The most enjoyable part of my job was repetition. Going to work every day knowing I was going to do the same thing from the day prior.
VERY BUSY PLACE BUT SOME ADJUSTMENTS HAD TO BE MADE TO BE EFFICIENT
2nd shift Forklift driver (Former Employee), Houston TxMay 29, 2015
THE PACE WAS FAST . MORE LIKE HURRY BUT BE SAFE. THE PAY WAS GOOD. MY A GAME ALWAYS HD TO BE IN EFFECT. THE SUPERVISORS WERE VERY HELPFUL,AND EXPERIENCED.
Terribly Work Place
Not available (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 15, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Many
It's a difficult take to fully elaborate on how awful of a work environment Goodman Manufacturing offers to its employees. Just know that there is no one in the company that actually likes working here. Here's a brief list:

- Frequent over time for salary without compensation
- Mediocre insurance benefits
- Unorganized upper management
- Minimal vacation
- Unrealistic deadlines
- Detrimental environment to health (air pollution)
- Building literally has cinder blocks falling from walls occasionally.
- Unregulated forklift traffic
- No employees in my time here have received any advancement

I don't have a single good thing to say about the company. My list could go on, but it's depressing writing this.
Employment Review
Lean Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free ice cream, Free Lunches
Cons: Limited overtime, Low pay
Job Work/Life Balance- While working @Goodman the budget only allowed me 40 hours a week. If you was in assembly you was require to work 12hrs a day during peak season. Non peak season you would be lucky to get 40 and temps would most likely be let go.

Compensation/benefits- I started out at a lot less than my previous job. Understandable because I was filling a role where there was lack of experience. I quickly gained the experience and was not given the compensation. Later trained an employee that started at max pay for this position.

Management- Company was bought out and a lot of management was let go or quit. There was lack of management in my department. Was never given daily/weekly task, goal or objectives. I was thrown in a position and taught myself.
Temporary Assignment
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 29, 2015
This was an temporary assignment. The time that I spent with the company was good. The pay was low but the hours were good. There was a period of downtime where we were placed off for 2 weeks.
Branch Management and Product Specialist
Product Specialist for OEM/HVAC manufacturer (Former Employee), Fayetteville TNApril 21, 2015
Pros: able to research all internal manuals and data
Cons: follow through with promotion and moves for existing employees, only drawback
Good work dealing with decision making. A good company providing some opportunities.
Responsible for all furnace updates (manuals, bulletins, technical questions)
Worked closely with Furnace engineers and manufacturing.
Great company to work for. Great learning oportunity.
Director of International Business Development (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2015
Goodman used to be a family owned business. After couple of M&A still cultivate the same business model. Goodman is a leader in cost value HVAC proposition.
has its pros and cons
Mechanical CAD Engineer (Current Employee), Fayetteville, TNMarch 24, 2015
Pros: laid back and nice ppl to work with
Cons: short lunches and weird hours, closing fayetteville location
Corporate has already decided to shutter the Dayton and Fayetteville locations, mgmt. is already backfilling engineering groups with people from India that they have to provide work authorizations to......basically slave labor to have them come to this country and take our jobs.
Steady Workflow
Coil Winder (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 9, 2015
Pros: paid time off
Cons: split-shift
This was the job that taught me to be patient and to always take a second look at my work. I really became a steadfast worker and more determined.
na
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 8, 2015
ok place to work the environment is very stressful and untrusted. The management now has no respect for the employees its like being in high school
productive
order puller (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2015
fast paced
loved driving forklift and filling customer orders. Working with UPS and Fed EX delivery systems was a very unique experience.
A great place to pick up new skills
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2015
typical day is busy and very productive. while working here i learned how to be fast with my hands. the co-workers here are great. the hardest thing about this job is being able to endure the climate.
All Engineersare Indian with Green cards so they set the salery ceiling
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2015
Engineering is very clickish with the Indian engineers always protecting themselves like in a union. Very hard to advance or even take any kind of leadership role with their domination.
n/a
Quality Auditor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I loved the fact that the company became a national distributor from only doing domestic distribution.
very fast paced assembly work
Production Operator (Former Employee), Fayetteville, TNJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: laid off at 89 days
it was very fast paced assembling of ac units. 8 to 12 hour days. When an employ reaches their 89th day of employment 9 out of 10 times they are laid off.
Learning about the air conditioning business
Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: over time
Cons: summer very busy
Very high volume incoming calls. Learned how to multi task more and spend my time equally in daily tasks. Worked with a very good team of co-workers.
Productive Role
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TX 77040January 20, 2015
Pros: no limit on overtime
Cons: healthcare
Working at Goodman, I enjoyed my position as a assistant manager/ recruiter I gained allot of experience. I dealt with filling orders for customers, allot of data entry entering invoices, billing and placing orders. Recruiting our staffing needs, setting up job fairs, interviewing candidates for required positions needed, processing paperwork. Chief of Safety Team, Different responsibilities but I really like to stay productive and always love a challenge!
Productive workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Fayetteville, TNJanuary 16, 2015
Operating a machine. I learned valuable information each day. Management is strict on safety and protocol procedure. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with increasing paperwork and high rates of production.

1 2 3 4

About Goodman Goodman Manufacturing Company

Goodman Manufacturing knows how to cool off a hot situation. The company makes heating, ventilation,¬†and air conditioning (HVAC) – Read more

Goodman Goodman Manufacturing Company Salaries