Goodman Manufacturing Employee Reviews

okay job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2016
the job was very good to work at, late hours and the bus stop is not close enough. management team is very helpful and understanding. overall this company is awesome
Lots of over time
Press shop lead (Current Employee) –  Dayton TennesseeAugust 31, 2016
Fast pace .lots of over time.very hot working environment .work on paid holidays take vacation when they let you.during the holidays plan on working hot during summer cold in winter.they do give extra breaks in summer.it is one of the world's largest airconditioning manufacturer in the world .so if you want to live in Texas there will be lots of opportunities for work in Houston Texas .the new plant will be better working conditions. Then they offered in Tennessee. I'm from south Florida. My home is in Tennessee now not going back south.there will be jobs from management to assembly. Progressive press orators floor sweeping. Cooks and all .the way they are setting up the new plant you will not need to leave till your day is over.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
7 days a week
forklift/material handler
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNAugust 30, 2016
I love to load and unload trucks,i had to process all out going orders for delivery,It was a very fun job simply because i love to stay busy....I am also a dedicated worker and i learn very fast........
Check this Out
Assembling Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
its hot, no pay, no consistent, and they talk to you any kind of way. I would not reccomend anyone to work here. if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Pros
its a job
Cons
very low pay, in hot working conditions
very hot and not good management.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNAugust 24, 2016
I hated working there the temperatures were unbelievable it was 160 in there granted they did keep us with coozies to keep us cool and water popsicles etc. but they expected so much out of us and it's hard to do when it's over a hundred degrees in side the building other than that it was a good place to work.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Too hot.
fun place to work
line helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2016
productive and fun workplace, friendly co-worker understanding staff and very easy to work for. the job is a little physical but doable if you put together a routine
Pros
fun
Cons
short break
Goodman Manufacturing
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNAugust 18, 2016
Goodman Manufacturing has been an excellent company to start off as my first job. The hardest part of the job is the plant closing and having to work between two companies.
Strict and Productive Company
Charge Board operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNAugust 17, 2016
It was a well paying job but the work was too much for my body. I ended up getting an injury due to stress from the job and my line lead wasnt very understanding.
early shift
Assembly line, inventory control (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77016August 16, 2016
great coworkers easy to perform job duties great supervisors flexible hours very understanding to school hours and daycare entry level position available
Pros
food trucks
Cons
breaks
Not a good place to work
None (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2016
The whole facility is old the restrooms are disgusting and the management is poor. Hot sweaty and overworking everyone.
Cons
Shipping clerk/IN-bound and out-bound trucks (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
I worked there for 10 months before I moved out of state. Other than that its a ok job to work. Hours are cut during winter months so its hard to make a living there.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Not enough hours during the winter months.
Very Busy Fast Paced Environment
Warehouse Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of long hours, no central air or heating, continuously lifting heavy objects. The most enjoyable part of the job were the different people you built relationships with, they became like family.
Pros
Lots of hours, paid every week, chance for being hired on with company
Cons
No central air or heating
Poor managment
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJuly 16, 2016
In my opinion it was ran poorly a lot of the production wasn't fit to sale or ship but was sent out anyways wasn't very safe work environment good co workers but management and engineering made decisions that didn't make sense to most empolyees
I liked working here
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJuly 10, 2016
It was my first job,great pay close to home health benefits friendly environment easy tasks but you have to stand the majority of the shift
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lay offs, and standing the whole shift
wonderful experience
Brazer, Machine Operator, Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2016
it was a wonderful experience working with such great company and I learnt a lot. it was a challenging task but the help of the management and of course my dedication, I was able to put more and achieve a lot.
Pros
sometime, free launches
Cons
breaks
Terrible Place to work
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2016
I hated working for this company from the day I was hired. Location manager always blames you for everything and writes you up for anything he feels doesn't fall in line with his vision. The warehouse manager was full time but wasn't there half the time and had no clue how to manage a warehouse much less anything else. The warehouse associates were set in their ways and unhelpful when orders needed to be pulled for delivery. Everything was an emergency and frustrating. The warehouse was small and there wasn't enough room for anything but yet trucks kept bringing more and more equipment. Organization was a joke and you couldn't find anything ( not even the guys that unloaded the truck knew where it was) I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone seeking a job. Avoid Goodman at all costs!

Management doesn't care about you
HR Doesnt care about you!
Pay is too low for the amount if work you actually do
Work on Saturdays during the summer
They cut your hours during the winter
Pros
Free lunch on occasion
Cons
Low Pay, Insurance is horrible, everything else!
What really
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2016
Nothing to say good about goodman just a place to sweat and drain you to the last hair on your chinny chin chin! If you want to make some kind of money just try it out will toughen you up in some type of way!
Pros
nothing
Cons
all as soon as you walk in.
Love this job!
Tugger Driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN 37334June 14, 2016
I have worked here for the past two and a half years and love it!
I planned to stay with them for a long time but sadly they will be relocating the plant to Texas so if you hire in don't plan to stay long.
Also take into consideration they lay off much of the workforce every winter considering they build air conditioners but u can draw unemployment and always expect a callback to work the following spring.
Pros
Great environment, Fun people, Bid on jobs for quick advancement throughout the plant
Cons
they will be closing the fayetteville and dayton plants and moving them to texas in a year or two
Very busy place
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TXJune 1, 2016
If you like to work on a very fast pace enviroment this is for you.
With a 24 hour in operation you will be very busy and will have to plan ahead. Assembly line don't stop working and if you interrupt their works the company will loose money.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Really fast enviroment
A great place work as well as learn new skills and training
ICS Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2016
Assemble AC coils as well as RF scan product to be sent to customer. Read, supply, and build material for the coils to be made. Monitor product from start to finish, ensuring material is in compliance before shipment is sent to customer. Make daily schedules for the operation.

Goodman Manufacturing Reviews by Location