Goodman Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Lack of better opportunities (temp workers)
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Management are focused more on their production than giving a chance for a better opportunity. As a warehouse, there is a variety of different jobs, but once you join the assembly line the managers wont let you move to a better and well pay position. To make a change the workers need a release approval from the manager. The problem is that they want people in their line for a faster production and when people ask for a transfer they do not give you that chance.
Pros
Cons
Extreme temperatures, Underestimate workers
Very good company.
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Very good company, communicate well with employees and everyone worked as a team to finish our jobs. I enjoyed working at this company.
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2017
great/friendly environment. Amazing co-workers that made the time go by fast. Professional place to grow and become someone within the company.
Basic Assembly Plant
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Very fast paced work environment , after a moment it will be second nature , only reason i left was because i could not work 3rd shift, and they could not switch me over .
Great People
Lean Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNDecember 28, 2016
Enjoyed working for Goodman; however, they were shutting down and moving across the United States. Would have stayed, but at the time in my life was not ready to move.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Plant shutting down
productive workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNDecember 22, 2016
very productful workplace but the fate of the company is unknown b/c they are laying workers off and the plant is closing very soon
Pros
get paid very well
Cons
work around hazardous material with no protective gear
Great Place to work
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNDecember 21, 2016
Great management, co-workers and environment. The pay is fair for the work you have to do. You can work overtime if you wish and not if you would not like to where as most companies take this option from you.
Like working keep me focous
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2016
All we was doing is air conditioning..I was working night shift at Goodman but I lov e working with my heads so it keep me focuse .. than I stop and got me a job at star cable doing meter reader for a water company
Pros
Good pay and help me learn. Thing abot air condition
Cons
Barly get brakes
Fun job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2016
i loved working here its a good way to start working and start as your first job and the co workers are friendly they always there to help you.
Decent place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNDecember 10, 2016
Decent place to work. It is no longer located in Dayton, TN. I started to gain my knowledge in Materials with this company. At his point is where I knew I wanted to be in the Materials department.
Pros
Was on day shift
Cons
The pay was terrible
good
Assembly Line Workerg (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2016
good work.good work.easy to work. scheduled and quality fine.yes it is good.discipline and team worker good. good work.
Good money.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 1, 2016
It was hard not to miss three days with five kids. And drive 45 mins to get there,love the job got sick and pointed out. Been there a month almost two.
Pros
Money
Cons
Management notall
Fast paced environment with excessive power concentration
Engineering Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2016
Goodman is a traditional manufacturing firm with major emphasis on product cost. Japanese top management works well with local management. Lot of capital investment but extremely low investment in people. If you are looking for a stable job, you will find it here but if you want to move and learn, not the place.
assembly
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2016
Hard work but was a great place too work! Everyone had a can do attitude.Crew leaders where very helpful.Taking was great because they had a wonderful break room.
Pros
extra hours
Cons
3 am
Not so comfortable workplace
Assembler - Assembles products (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2016
The work hours were reasonable but the work place was not organized at all. Alot of culture and I was not able to speak the languages of my managers and co workers.
Approachable colleagues and good teams
Lean Manufacturing ntern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2016
I started my internship with the company in June of 2016. As an intern I was given a really nice apartment with me having to pay only a fraction of the rent. On top of that I was also compensated with weekly relocation amount that was added to my pay check.

The internship experience was great with me having been given real responsibilities which are going to make an actual impact.

The internship included working on a couple of individual projects along with a team building group project with other interns.

Fortunately, my internship was also extended into a fall co-op and i continue to work on more projects.
Not a Bad company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 24, 2016
Not a Bad company to work for. I did Learn a lot from people here But I was not able to grow with the company, I had to leave because I really was not growing with the company
Review of Company
CAD Product designer (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNOctober 22, 2016
The good things
Safety first. Great Team management. Positive work environment. Equal work opportunity.
The challenges
Their won't be any difficulty working for such an amazing company.
If your a female you are set.
Former set up and run press operator. (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNOctober 21, 2016
Thought everyone would be treated equally. Not so. Women are treated by group leaders and supervisors better. A lot of affairs between supervisors/ group leaders and their female employees. Watch your girlfriend or your wife if you allow her to work here. Women are not expected to have to perform the harder jobs. Some group leaders are alcoholics. You will see them drinking in the parking lots beforehand after work and some on 4th and 5th shifts during their hour lunch. Complain and you can kiss your job goodbye as the group leaders will protect their little hen houses, especially in the press dept.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
No morals in the management.
good place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCOctober 19, 2016
I would assemble wiring on panels for air conditioners and furnaces
also assemble multiple different parts to each one
Cons
lay off shutting down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodman Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.

Goodman Manufacturing Reviews by Location