Goodman Manufacturing Employee Reviews

I liked what i did
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNOctober 16, 2016
It was a good company to work for. I learned a lot from there. They had great benefits. I liked everyone I worked with. It was easy work to do. I enjoyed building parts for the line.
I liked working here
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJuly 10, 2016
It was my first job,great pay close to home health benefits friendly environment easy tasks but you have to stand the majority of the shift
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lay offs, and standing the whole shift
If your a female you are set.
Former set up and run press operator. (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNOctober 21, 2016
Thought everyone would be treated equally. Not so. Women are treated by group leaders and supervisors better. A lot of affairs between supervisors/ group leaders and their female employees. Watch your girlfriend or your wife if you allow her to work here. Women are not expected to have to perform the harder jobs. Some group leaders are alcoholics. You will see them drinking in the parking lots beforehand after work and some on 4th and 5th shifts during their hour lunch. Complain and you can kiss your job goodbye as the group leaders will protect their little hen houses, especially in the press dept.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
No morals in the management.
Lots of over time
Press shop lead (Current Employee) –  Dayton TennesseeAugust 31, 2016
Fast pace .lots of over time.very hot working environment .work on paid holidays take vacation when they let you.during the holidays plan on working hot during summer cold in winter.they do give extra breaks in summer.it is one of the world's largest airconditioning manufacturer in the world .so if you want to live in Texas there will be lots of opportunities for work in Houston Texas .the new plant will be better working conditions. Then they offered in Tennessee. I'm from south Florida. My home is in Tennessee now not going back south.there will be jobs from management to assembly. Progressive press orators floor sweeping. Cooks and all .the way they are setting up the new plant you will not need to leave till your day is over.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
7 days a week
Overall good place to work.
Fabrication Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNMarch 13, 2016
Was planning on retiring from there, but Daikin purchased the plant and is moving it to Houston. Compensation was above average, management worked with the union to provide for all employees.
Pros
Good working conditions and compensations.
Cons
Closing and moving to Texas.
Fun and frendly work place.
Quality Auditor / A/C Repairman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2016
A day at work is like going to my second home. I learn something new about the job and my coworkers everyday seems like. I'm a team lead over three other guys that's in the group of four. When we disagree about things time to time management let us work/talk our issues out with each other like adults. I like that it helps build respect and trust with one another. My coworkers are good people like family. I love the personal convocation we have with each other. This is how we get to know each other on a personal level. The hardest part about my job is when I have to get one of the guys in my group back in sync with why we come to work. and they feel that I'm power tripping. It's hard for me to get on to them when there just not doing the job and I know they know how. I never let them know how I'm feeling because it is my job to keep them in focused on the job. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we start a project and it run from start to finish with no errors makes me feel really good because all the hard work pad off. It also lets me know what we can do as a team.
Pros
Engineers value my/our oppion as lab techs on the projects
Cons
out of date aquiment
Approachable colleagues and good teams
Lean Manufacturing ntern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2016
I started my internship with the company in June of 2016. As an intern I was given a really nice apartment with me having to pay only a fraction of the rent. On top of that I was also compensated with weekly relocation amount that was added to my pay check.

The internship experience was great with me having been given real responsibilities which are going to make an actual impact.

The internship included working on a couple of individual projects along with a team building group project with other interns.

Fortunately, my internship was also extended into a fall co-op and i continue to work on more projects.
Terrible Place to work
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2016
I hated working for this company from the day I was hired. Location manager always blames you for everything and writes you up for anything he feels doesn't fall in line with his vision. The warehouse manager was full time but wasn't there half the time and had no clue how to manage a warehouse much less anything else. The warehouse associates were set in their ways and unhelpful when orders needed to be pulled for delivery. Everything was an emergency and frustrating. The warehouse was small and there wasn't enough room for anything but yet trucks kept bringing more and more equipment. Organization was a joke and you couldn't find anything ( not even the guys that unloaded the truck knew where it was) I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone seeking a job. Avoid Goodman at all costs!

Management doesn't care about you
HR Doesnt care about you!
Pay is too low for the amount if work you actually do
Work on Saturdays during the summer
They cut your hours during the winter
Pros
Free lunch on occasion
Cons
Low Pay, Insurance is horrible, everything else!
Very nice place to work but the commute is too long.
HVAC Service Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNSeptember 29, 2015
Good manager and fellow employees. Casual work environment. Advancement ability if relocation to Houston, Texas area. It is a large company but it is a great work environment. Not very hectic even being a technical call center assisting technicians from all over the country. Everyday is a new learning experience. Benefits are the best I have had so far after leaving my own business many years ago.
Pros
Cafeteria in the plant. Secure work area with limited entrances and security personal on site 24/7.
Cons
Finding out the location will be shuttered and moved to Houston, Texas in the very near future.
Love this job!
Tugger Driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN 37334June 14, 2016
I have worked here for the past two and a half years and love it!
I planned to stay with them for a long time but sadly they will be relocating the plant to Texas so if you hire in don't plan to stay long.
Also take into consideration they lay off much of the workforce every winter considering they build air conditioners but u can draw unemployment and always expect a callback to work the following spring.
Pros
Great environment, Fun people, Bid on jobs for quick advancement throughout the plant
Cons
they will be closing the fayetteville and dayton plants and moving them to texas in a year or two
Very Busy Fast Paced Environment
Warehouse Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of long hours, no central air or heating, continuously lifting heavy objects. The most enjoyable part of the job were the different people you built relationships with, they became like family.
Pros
Lots of hours, paid every week, chance for being hired on with company
Cons
No central air or heating
Review of Company
CAD Product designer (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNOctober 22, 2016
The good things
Safety first. Great Team management. Positive work environment. Equal work opportunity.
The challenges
Their won't be any difficulty working for such an amazing company.
terrible place to work.
Fabrication Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TnJuly 8, 2015
Poor leadership at the manager & VP levels. Both Managers & VP's are very vindictive towards all levels of subordinate employees. Recent changes in upper level management over the last 2 yrs at the Fayetteville plant along with the announcement of the plant closure has created a atmosphere of turmoil within the organization resulting in a very poor, stressful, & unethical work environment for front line supervisors as well as the hourly union employees. An extreme abuse of authority by upper level management has given rise to employee targeting for verbal abuse & unjustified disciplinary action. Favoritism & "the buddy system" runs this facility at the manager level & above & should be addressed ASAP. Extreme amounts of overtime worked by salaried supervisors without any form of compensation or appreciation from upper management. Progression raises are based on "the buddy system" instead of merit.
Pros
Cons
too many
Amazing Job
Manager of Consumer Affairs, Northern America (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2016
Goodman Manufacturing is an amazing company to work for. If you are looking for room to grow with great management, then this is the company for you.
Good money.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 1, 2016
It was hard not to miss three days with five kids. And drive 45 mins to get there,love the job got sick and pointed out. Been there a month almost two.
Pros
Money
Cons
Management notall
Not so comfortable workplace
Assembler - Assembles products (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2016
The work hours were reasonable but the work place was not organized at all. Alot of culture and I was not able to speak the languages of my managers and co workers.
Employment Review
Lean Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Job Work/Life Balance- While working @Goodman the budget only allowed me 40 hours a week. If you was in assembly you was require to work 12hrs a day during peak season. Non peak season you would be lucky to get 40 and temps would most likely be let go.

Compensation/benefits- I started out at a lot less than my previous job. Understandable because I was filling a role where there was lack of experience. I quickly gained the experience and was not given the compensation. Later trained an employee that started at max pay for this position.

Management- Company was bought out and a lot of management was let go or quit. There was lack of management in my department. Was never given daily/weekly task, goal or objectives. I was thrown in a position and taught myself.
Pros
Free ice cream, Free Lunches
Cons
Limited overtime, Low pay
Check this Out
Assembling Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
its hot, no pay, no consistent, and they talk to you any kind of way. I would not reccomend anyone to work here. if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Pros
its a job
Cons
very low pay, in hot working conditions
okay job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2016
the job was very good to work at, late hours and the bus stop is not close enough. management team is very helpful and understanding. overall this company is awesome
Terribly Work Place
Not available (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2015
It's a difficult take to fully elaborate on how awful of a work environment Goodman Manufacturing offers to its employees. Just know that there is no one in the company that actually likes working here. Here's a brief list:

- Frequent over time for salary without compensation
- Mediocre insurance benefits
- Unorganized upper management
- Minimal vacation
- Unrealistic deadlines
- Detrimental environment to health (air pollution)
- Building literally has cinder blocks falling from walls occasionally.
- Unregulated forklift traffic
- No employees in my time here have received any advancement

I don't have a single good thing to say about the company. My list could go on, but it's depressing writing this.
Pros
Cons
Many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodman Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.

Goodman Manufacturing Reviews by Location