Goodman Manufacturing Employee Reviews in United States

Goodman Manufacturing
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNAugust 18, 2016
Goodman Manufacturing has been an excellent company to start off as my first job. The hardest part of the job is the plant closing and having to work between two companies.
Strict and Productive Company
Charge Board operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNAugust 17, 2016
It was a well paying job but the work was too much for my body. I ended up getting an injury due to stress from the job and my line lead wasnt very understanding.
early shift
Assembly line, inventory control (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77016August 16, 2016
great coworkers easy to perform job duties great supervisors flexible hours very understanding to school hours and daycare entry level position available
Pros
food trucks
Cons
breaks
Not a good place to work
None (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2016
The whole facility is old the restrooms are disgusting and the management is poor. Hot sweaty and overworking everyone.
Cons
Shipping clerk/IN-bound and out-bound trucks (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
I worked there for 10 months before I moved out of state. Other than that its a ok job to work. Hours are cut during winter months so its hard to make a living there.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Not enough hours during the winter months.
Very Busy Fast Paced Environment
Warehouse Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of long hours, no central air or heating, continuously lifting heavy objects. The most enjoyable part of the job were the different people you built relationships with, they became like family.
Pros
Lots of hours, paid every week, chance for being hired on with company
Cons
No central air or heating
Poor managment
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJuly 16, 2016
In my opinion it was ran poorly a lot of the production wasn't fit to sale or ship but was sent out anyways wasn't very safe work environment good co workers but management and engineering made decisions that didn't make sense to most empolyees
I liked working here
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJuly 10, 2016
It was my first job,great pay close to home health benefits friendly environment easy tasks but you have to stand the majority of the shift
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lay offs, and standing the whole shift
wonderful experience
Brazer, Machine Operator, Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2016
it was a wonderful experience working with such great company and I learnt a lot. it was a challenging task but the help of the management and of course my dedication, I was able to put more and achieve a lot.
Pros
sometime, free launches
Cons
breaks
Terrible Place to work
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2016
I hated working for this company from the day I was hired. Location manager always blames you for everything and writes you up for anything he feels doesn't fall in line with his vision. The warehouse manager was full time but wasn't there half the time and had no clue how to manage a warehouse much less anything else. The warehouse associates were set in their ways and unhelpful when orders needed to be pulled for delivery. Everything was an emergency and frustrating. The warehouse was small and there wasn't enough room for anything but yet trucks kept bringing more and more equipment. Organization was a joke and you couldn't find anything ( not even the guys that unloaded the truck knew where it was) I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone seeking a job. Avoid Goodman at all costs!

Management doesn't care about you
HR Doesnt care about you!
Pay is too low for the amount if work you actually do
Work on Saturdays during the summer
They cut your hours during the winter
Pros
Free lunch on occasion
Cons
Low Pay, Insurance is horrible, everything else!
What really
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2016
Nothing to say good about goodman just a place to sweat and drain you to the last hair on your chinny chin chin! If you want to make some kind of money just try it out will toughen you up in some type of way!
Pros
nothing
Cons
all as soon as you walk in.
Love this job!
Tugger Driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN 37334June 14, 2016
I have worked here for the past two and a half years and love it!
I planned to stay with them for a long time but sadly they will be relocating the plant to Texas so if you hire in don't plan to stay long.
Also take into consideration they lay off much of the workforce every winter considering they build air conditioners but u can draw unemployment and always expect a callback to work the following spring.
Pros
Great environment, Fun people, Bid on jobs for quick advancement throughout the plant
Cons
they will be closing the fayetteville and dayton plants and moving them to texas in a year or two
Very busy place
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TXJune 1, 2016
If you like to work on a very fast pace enviroment this is for you.
With a 24 hour in operation you will be very busy and will have to plan ahead. Assembly line don't stop working and if you interrupt their works the company will loose money.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Really fast enviroment
A great place work as well as learn new skills and training
ICS Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2016
Assemble AC coils as well as RF scan product to be sent to customer. Read, supply, and build material for the coils to be made. Monitor product from start to finish, ensuring material is in compliance before shipment is sent to customer. Make daily schedules for the operation.
Ethical workplace
Assembler/Copper Brazzer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2016
I Welded internal brass pipes of air conditioning units using torch. In addtion. I was promoted to be part of Quality Control Team to check leakage on A/C units.
Pros
Vending machines and free ice
Cons
short lunch time
Terrible Middle Managers
Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2016
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Their systems are antiquated, people are overworked, and their goals and direction are ludicrous. The middle managers will constantly blame others for their mistakes. The upper managers are kept in the dark about what is really going on. The people on the production floor are paid poorly and worked to death. It is normal to work 7 days a week 8 to 10 hours a day. Hope you are single with no responsibilities.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Too many to name.
Great place
CAD Engineer/Designer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNApril 5, 2016
would still be here if they were not moving to Texas and I have to stay and take care of my disabled mom after my dad passed away unexpectedly.
Pros
great people to work for
Cons
good
Incoming Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2016
Goodman Manufacturing its a good company to work for i learn something new like using wiring diagram to do testing on cpu boards, and motor fans for AC units.
Overall good place to work.
Fabrication Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNMarch 13, 2016
Was planning on retiring from there, but Daikin purchased the plant and is moving it to Houston. Compensation was above average, management worked with the union to provide for all employees.
Pros
Good working conditions and compensations.
Cons
Closing and moving to Texas.
Peak production based company.
Brazer/Heavy Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2016
Very busy work day and production based. Company will train the right candidates on job set and skills for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodman Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.

Goodman Manufacturing Reviews by Location