Goodman Networks Employee Reviews

Really good Job
technician (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYOctober 10, 2017
Really enjoy my job but since I took vacation to Alaska, I have been wanting to move to Alaska and continue to work in the field that I have experience in.
Pros
Meeting people, doing a good job
Cons
working in the rain
Great Experience
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2017
Let's face it, every job has its downs, so I won't speak on that. To be truthfully honest, it was a great learning experience. You are basically your own boss. You are dispatched from home, you have a company owned vehicle (no cost to you), you are provided a handheld to work off of, gas card, and you don't have to pay for your equipment (basic tools, drill, auger, satellite dishes, Directv receivers, etc). The more jobs you close, the more money you make (it's piece pay). You can also become a travel tech and go to other cities and work (extra pay each work order of course), even though it's piece pay, you can still get paid for overtime when overtime is approved.
Pros
Work by yourself, Everything needed is supplied to you, Directv account is the steal of the century.
Cons
Warehouse could run short on equipment, rookies hardly see big bucks, long hot days during summer, when its slow....ITS SLOW
Poorly Run Company
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYOctober 6, 2017
Constant random layoffs. Management only looks out for themselves. Company could save a ton of money by just looking at where the hours are spent. Forced to work 15 hour days. Management is bitter and if its not their idea, they are not open to any change. Low staffing means too much work and not enough employees, but they keep adding work in order to stay afloat.
Pros
DTV Discount
Cons
Everything Else
What you Learned
Senior Manager Order Management & Business Ops (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Every Department runs better with processes and procedures.

Managing Change and Processes is what I enjoy the most.

There is always room for improvement to any process and procedure.
Pros
Good people
Not bad, but went down hill quickly
Construction Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 22, 2017
Great Projects and people. Seemed like upper management was in crisis mode and started to give away the farm. High turn over was a huge problem. Too bad it went south so quickly.
Always strasfull
Service Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 21, 2017
It was good company but you work to many hours and no overtime paid at all.You gets pay for jobs.More job more money and too many hours.To be able to make good money you need to work over 60 hours peer week,some time 7 days .You start at 8 am get home sometime around 9 pm in summer.This job not for everyone only if you have no choice
Pros
Sometime
Cons
Most time you are on the road
none at this time
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Nonesuch, MISeptember 19, 2017
The economic policy of governments covers the systems for setting levels of taxation, government budgets, the money supply and interest rates as well as the labor market, national ownership, and many other areas of government interventions into the economy.
Goodman Networks
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYSeptember 18, 2017
I do not want to write a bad review about Goodman. They have many positive and negative as all companies do. I did not have a great experience with this company, but im sure others did.
Job was challenging
Field Tech II (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 17, 2017
Good company to work for. The job was very challenging as well as demanding. But we had a team of people that worked hard together to get the job done.
Fast Paced Career
Satellite Television Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 16, 2017
If you are looking for a career in the field of satellite installation then working for the Goodman crew is for you. Competitive pay and training is the benefits of this ever growing and challenging field.
Where to begin
Project Controls Analyst (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 14, 2017
All was well until my crazy manager was hired. She was so paranoid and did not accept any input. So was so afraid she was going to be exposed as a fraud and apparently later on was since she is no longer working there.
Pros
Ground level
Cons
no flexibility
A great Company with great vision. Down to earth executives. Good friendly working environment.
Team lead/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Goodman Networks. Everyday was productive and a learning opportunity.

Atmosphere was friendly and things got done on time and professionally.
Workplace culture acceptable
AP Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Good company to work for but would not look for longevity here. Provide many benefits to include Chaplains. In a comparable location. Diverse company.
Was a very bad place to work
Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 29, 2017
The management didn't care about it's employees. They only care about pretending to look good. Work you more hours and do not care at all if you have any family time
great place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 24, 2017
Goodman was a good to work. As a traveling manager I was not in the office often. I did have good support from the office group. The executive staff was fair and honest.
I ejoyed working for GNet, great manager but i believe some PM's was the downfall
Cell Tech II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 23, 2017
Good company but upper management might send you 200 miles to do something that was already complete. Finally got Company credit cards after a few years, very helpful when your out of town or are 8n need of supplies.
Pros
Lead Cell Tech, Cell phone, Company Truck, Laptop, All the tools and test equipment you need to do job correct.
Cons
Sometimes crazy hours, not always getting a MOP, diffrent markets so would have to retrip to sites costing the company money.
great
Field service tech (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 18, 2017
great place to work nothing bad to say i love the job good pay management is good they work with you for all your needs don't matter what is issues is they will work with you if your a good worker
Upper management is garbage
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 14, 2017
Dedicated my life to this company for over ten years ...then one day they called a company wide meeting ...at which they told us that our pay is going to be cut by over half with 2 days notice....corporate greed at its finest....I would avoid this place like the plague
Pros
There is no pros... well maybe the free tv
Cons
Garbage pay, work every Saturday, complete and utter garbage company
Job is ok if you need to make a lot of money quickly.
FIELD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 10, 2017
Job itself was ok. Supervisors don't know anything at all can't help you when you get stuck on something. Also the metrics are all screwed up. Guaranteed to work every Saturday and Sunday as late as they see fit. If you enjoy your family stay away
Pros
Take home vehicle
Was an ok job till pay changed with 2 day notice
Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 14, 2017
Been with company over 10 years making good money then the big wigs decided that their money was more important then my money for my family! Corporate greed! They don nothing for senior techs the guys the guys that been threw all the ups and downs! Only want to take care of themselves! Very selfish, they say we are all important to them but they don't do shxt for you! I'm glad to be out of the company, very stressful! Pieces of shxt
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Almost everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodman Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5