Goodman Networks

Goodman Networks Employer Reviews

Overworked and Under Paid
Site Acquisition Coordinator for NSB (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not being able to take time off when you wanted to.
Unrealistic deadlines and very little training. There was multiple times when management would tell you that you could not take time off for a month or two.Mandatory work days of 12 hours or more. I love to work, but at times I felt like a slave.
Very informative
Logistic, Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: good start
Cons: ?
Set up, start up, and train employees and audit MRP inventory control, RFID, Oracle,
Maintain inter working with 3PL as well as set up logistics costing, work with Customer on
RMA processes as well as set up processes for PNW operations. As well as TMS and WMS
Systems maintain five warehouses in PNW. Oversee MRP, SCM. Build team between other
Departments. Reports to Corp. Office as well as maintain workings with Purchasing
And other departments at Corp. Office. Auditing all processes for compliance with SOP Of Corp. Hazardous Material Department, Train and Audit for compliance, Proven Cost/Inventory Reduction Skills Mentoring/Leadership Skills Computer Skills/Experience, Purchasing, Software/Mainframe Distribution Purchasing Experience Train and Audit for compliance. Locating lost customers assets. Logistician.
It's a fairly good company to work for.
Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee), Plano, TXDecember 16, 2014
I like working for Goodman Networks. They were very understanding when I had to take care of my elderly father. The prayer team was always lifting me up. But on the training side, or the lack of training. This company managers they have in charge are not one that need to be in charge.
exteremely fastpast, challenging, stressful enviroment, very diverse
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Naperville, ILDecember 8, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: no overtime
I managed teams of up to 35 engineers at one time, I had 55 service deliverables in my portfolio of projects. Engineers typical work assignments are during the night, for me it was critical that I am available to them during their normal work shift for emergencies, it was not a requirement for the company though. First thing in the morning I read though all project status reports for those projects that had any issues I would immediately plan for a possible reschedule which can potential impact your overall project schedule,

I was the single point of contact for my customer, supported numerous conference calls per day as well as standing weekly calls, topics can be very intense and very technical. You have to learn to adapt to challenging days, stress, hourly schedule changes, self teaching yourself the telecom architect structure how pieces of the hardware work together and impact each other have a thorough concept of the call processing was a bonus for me. I utilized all available resources to gain knowledge as well as be very resourceful for my customer and my management team.

I was focused on making money for my company, often times I took my laptop with me on vacation to ensure the revenue was on target to reach the goal especially for end of month or end of quarter.

I enjoy the challenges of the non structure day, although it was very fast past and very stressful it made the the hours of the day go by so fast, I learned how to be creative, as well as how to deal with difficult situations, difficult people.

Very diverse company, networking and team environment, management treated you like adults, you must have integrity and available during off hours,
This company needs completely new management
Order Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Plano, TXDecember 4, 2014
When I first started working there, I was excited because I had heard such good things about this company...not true. There's no training and if you ask the managers for help, they act like they are completely annoyed or are very condescending. The women are extremely catty and gossip like they are still in high school. Low morale, lack of organization, and managers do not care about their employees.
Family owned
Quote Shop Coordinator II (Current Employee), Plano, TXNovember 26, 2014
Pros: encourages learning
Cons: raises, health insurance
It's a good company, of course with some growing pains. Overall they believe in a learning/teaching environment.
Great place with great people
Order Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Plano, TXNovember 24, 2014
It is a great place with great people that dot here best to make each day as less stressful as possible. When problems come up they are taken care of as fast as possible and all the help that is needed is offered.
Eh, if I didnt get fired I'd probably still be working here
Acting Construction Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: company trucks, fuel cards, corporate credit cards
Cons: managment, corporate being involved in everything.
Generally not a bad day at work. Management was horrible though. it was great when corporate wasn't involved in every little detail. now managers make promises for completion dates that are unrealistic and you have to answer to the customer as to why the job isn't done. and every year it seemed management would put more and more on you. You got paid the same since no one got raises in the last 2 years. and very few people got promoted since Goodman wouldn't open any Job recs and it takes an act of congress to do that. There were a lot of perks though. which is probably why I stayed as long as I did. even though I hated management and how corporate was involved in every little detail. it wasn't a bad place to work.

Its just another small company that got big to quickly and doesn't know how to handle it.
I enjoy working at Goodman Net Works however our office is closing due to not enough work in the Missouri Market
Construction Closeout Coordinator II/PM (Current Employee), Manchester, MONovember 10, 2014
Pros: great people, great pay
Cons: closing
Excellent work environment
Construction Coordinator I (Current Employee), Ballwin, MONovember 6, 2014
A typical day at Goodman is a very busy day that requires a lot of critical thinking and time management. I have learned not only to become better at using all Microsoft Office programs, but also have excelled in communication with vendors and creating quality relationships. My management team at some times may be confused at times due to the changing of technology and programs, but they are very open to learning. The hardest part of my job is getting quick responses from the project managers in order to keep the flow of working constant, but overall it was a great learning experience.
Supported Verizon Wireless Backkhaul network
Subject Matter Expert Verizon Wireless (Former Employee), remote, worked from homeNovember 6, 2014
Pros: lots of turnover in the team, lack of experiance in the team
Cons: relationship with the customer
I was responsible for writing documentation for implantation to new feature,hardware and design of the VZW Backhaul network. This involved testing scripts and supporting FOA ( First Office Application).

Working remotely can often lead to isolation, but the hardest part of the job was the high turnover in the team, which required training to the constant new team members.
Hi - tech sweat shop
SITE ACQUISITION SPECIALIST III (Former Employee), SchaumburgOctober 28, 2014
Management indifferent to employees. Very high turn-over. Goal setting and performance reviews non-existent. Work/life balance non-existent.
na
RF enginner/ Sale engineer (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 25, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: many
not at all a good managed company, good old boy and girl network, if U are not part of it U are out of any promotions or advances.
From "Unknown" to "Overgrown".
PROJECT MANAGER II (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 25, 2014
Pros: good people, adiquate pay, and a great experience.
Cons: you could easily associate the act of requesting pto to being subpoenaed for tax evasion.
GNET has always been a great place to work and truely can help to further your career in the telecommunications industry (it's what you make of it). This company has grown tremendously in the past 5 years, which in turn, brings a lot of change (both good and bad). However, it's inspiring to relay that the hardworking people employed there have not lost their direction or their motivation to press on. I will say, however, that it feels like the core values in which Goodman was based on have been completely forgotten here recently. A good sum of employees had to forfeit all of their remaining PTO at the end of 2013 because the workflow / manpower ratio never leveled out. At's a shame to see this company stray so far outside of the path they paved for this industry not so long ago...
Fast paced and detailed oriented
Site Acquisition Specialist II (Current Employee), Troy, MIAugust 12, 2014
Project Management and tracking of over 500 sites. Working deployment calls.
Great Place To Work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXJuly 25, 2014
Very great place to work. Management truly cares about their employees. They don't micro manage their staff.
Productive and fun place to work, great people & atmosphere
Project Analyst / Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: ability to work remote
Cons: n/a
Goodman Networks is a great place to work. Very laid back & relaxed atmosphere. I learned a tremendous amount during my tenure at Goodman. All co-workers were easy to get along with & eager to help in any situation.
Goodman Networks
Vice-President, Managed Services and Operations (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 16, 2014
Goodman is a demanding work environment with no clear direction. I did not enjoy working there and would not recommend as a good place to work.
Family owned business
Project Coordinator II (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 1, 2014
Cons: horrible leadership, underpaid, disorganized, vindictive managers
Unless you are family or a friend to the family, you will not advance or make any money. No matter how much experience you have it wont matter. They operate on ego, there is no protocol for anything, and no training. You just kind of figure out how to do things the best way you know how. Trying to bring issues and fixes to management will brand you as a problem. Great people work here, but they never get into leadership positions where they belong. Family and friends only in leadership and no one has any clue how to lead and everything is personal.
I enjoyed working with all the employees on a day to day basis.
Controller/Office Manager (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJune 29, 2014
After being purchased by Goodman Networks I was required to learn new software for accounting and procedures in maintaining our records. I continued with the day to day records, processed accounts payable, accounts receivable, job cost and WIP reports and meeting all deadlines on a timely basis.

1 2 3

About Goodman Networks

Goodman Networks provides a variety of telecommunications services to the wireless and wireline industries. The company's services – Read more