GoodTemps

GoodTemps Employee Reviews

Immigration Law
Clerical Temp (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2015
While at the Office of Albert Ades, PC, I learned quite a bit about immigration laws and how difficult it is (all the steps and all that is involved) for people from other countries to become residents of the United States.
Good
Financial Analyst Trainee (Current Employee), Department Of SanitationApril 27, 2015
Pros: Easy Commute
Cons: No benefits
I check the tickets every day if trucks were underweight. If they were underweight we issue violations. I also enter payments into excel and check for duplicates. In addition to that I check if the employees hours for the month are correct and are matching the ledger.

The hardest part of the job is working in the file room carrying boxes and organizing them as well. But I believe that in other jobs there are challenges as well.

Lawrnece Bergfeld
Could've been better
Clerical Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: lack of staff.
The work load was too much and not enough help. the workers were
friendly but just short on staff. Nice but, just lack of staff. We did however, do our best to get the job done.
interesting job and alot to learn
Labor Worker (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIFebruary 6, 2015
Day started at 6am with the team stacking ingots and getting the furnace ready to heat up. I was thrilled to see management getting right in early to work hand and hand with employees to accomplish the tasks that needed to be done. The hardest part of the job was taking a shovel like object to get impurities out of the furnace.Yet,I really enjoyed the job because there was so much to learn and do.
temp
Temp Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: lunch
Cons: short breaks
Serviced, cleaned, and supplied restrooms
• Striped, sealed, finished, and polished floors
• Gathered, emptied, and transported trash for pick-up
• Cleaned building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, buffing, and vacuuming
• Mixed water and detergents/acids to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications
• Followed procedures for chemical cleaners and power equipment
• Notified managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems
• Cleaned windows, glass partitions, and mirrors
All work General Labor work
if you have a disability this is the place to go
Customer Service/ Administrative (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2015
the downside to this place is that they promise you a temp to perm which never happens as their clients are mostly state agencies. Good overtime, but no benefits...if you have an issue you are lucky if someone gets back to you. If you want to change your assignment they prefer for you to resign in order to help you... The surprise comes once you resign you are non existent and they ignore you. Also do not expect any raises, I worked for three years and no raise.
Very kind and helpful management
Exam Monitor (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: management is always available
Cons: low pay
This is a temp job and my 1st with this agency.
Report to the site, sit for a short briefing, go to assigned class room
Set up the test site - check seating arrangements, count and examine test materials,direct applicants to their seats, Examine identification documents, give out and instruct applicants on how to fill out necessary paper work, give out books and test materials, monitor applicants to make sure there is no cheating, allow them bathroom access when necessary.

Learned about people
Management is always available
Co-workers are pleasant and try to be helpful
Hardest part of the job is making sure all documents are counted and accounted for and paper work is in order.

Because there is no talking in the classrooms at any time from 5 to 11 hours of testing, the most enjoyable part of the job is when it's over.
I was a temporary employee, I learned alot
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 20, 2014
Pros: constantly learning........
Cons: in need of a more stable job situation
I was amazed at the amount of knowledge one could obtain, in various positions, as a temporary employee. I really enjoyed being flexible, always growing and learning.
Decent employment agency
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
Pros: opportunities with established companies
Cons: low pay rate
This agency provided opportunities at established companies, but the pay rate didn't match the companies.
ADAC review
Plastic injection molder (Former Employee), Muskegon MichiganJune 24, 2014
The politics of the management at ADAC were completely appalling. Being a young adolescent it was nearly intolerable to deal with the drama and racism. Now I can withstand plenty of drama without becoming overwhelmed. I am a great problem solver and have much better communication skills then back in 2008
Great job, long term temp assignments
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2014
Pros: they provide you with good steady long term temporary assignments!
Cons: the placement person was very hard to reach once you were placed for assignment
Love to work for them. Was placed on nice, lengthy assignments.
The pay was, in most cases, fair. Once I was placed on an assignment which lasted 9 months.
Effective when it works
Temporary Employee (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 3, 2014
Pros: variety of assignments that fit skills
Cons: not nearly enough assignments
I have had five assignments in total as a temporary worker at Goodtemps. Each assignment has helped me gain a great step towards independence and adds to my skills that I can hopefully take towards a permanent position. It would be better if more businesses had openings for Goodtemps to place me in though. Each time I call my job placement specialist, I cannot get through, and wonder if I will ever hear from them.
Very productive and alway work to be done.
Temp (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2014
A typical day, is knowing your going to an office where everyone get along so well each other. Knowing your co-worker is there for your when needed, always willing to give a helping hand. Having management who there to oversee you, having the patient to train you and don't mind helping out like a team player to meet deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job is sharing how the weekend or weekday when returning back to work.The hardest part is knowing you don't have a job to come back to.
Fair
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Plainfield, NJMarch 19, 2014
Pros: assignment was close to home.
Cons: no room for advancement.
I provided secretarial support for two departments with occassional front desk coverage. Although the assignment was diverse there was no room for advancement.
Good Assignment
MTA Customer Service (Former Employee), New YorkNovember 5, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Temp position but enjoyed the assignment. I am a customer service specialist so it was a great opportunity to enhance my skills.
Working at various work assignment locations was very good for developing administrative office skills.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 16, 2013
Word processing; correspondence, reports, forms, spreadsheets, memorandum, data entry, mail merge, billing and reminders, faxing, filing, screen and direct heavy volume of incoming phone calls, schedule appointments, staff meetings, employment interviews, receptionist duties; greeting and introducing visitors, maintain inventory of office supplies
Data Entry Clerk
Validator/Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 22, 2013
I did not work at GoodTemps. I worked for GoodTemps, which sent me out on different assignments. All of my assignments I worked for different sections of the City. I enjoyed by time on these temporary assignments. I saw myself as making sure that the individuals information from the documents were entered correctly and on a timely basis, wherein they would not be affected. The co-workers were awesome and the management were excellent.
Great company that helps those with disabilities find work!!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Harrison, NJAugust 20, 2013
I enjoyed working for GoodTemps. My first assignment was a temp to perm opportunity. I especially like how they give those with disabilities priority in job placement. I was slightly disabled during my time with them due to a car accident. I loved the job I held with this agency as a call center rep.
GOOD WORKERS ARE NOT APPRECIATED
Secretary (Former Employee), LONG ISLAND CITY, NYJuly 19, 2013
Pros: the early starting hours (7:30-3:30)
Cons: no benefits of any kind
THE ACTUAL WORK WAS NOT THAT HARD. THE CO-WORKERS ARE THE BIGGEST PROBLEM. HAVING TO DO THEIR WORK AS WELL AS YOURS. I LIKE WORKING FOR GOODTEMPS BECAUSE THEY DON'T KEEP CHECKING ON YOU. THEY KNOW THAT YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL. I DON'T LIKE GOODTEMPS BECAUSE THAT GET THE MONEY AND THEY ARE NOT THE ONES THAT TRAINED YOU AND THEY DON'T PROVIDE ANY HEALTH, SICK OR PAID VACATION.
IThere was no advancement but it provided learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2013
There was no benefit, advancement, or job security because it is a temp agency

1 2 3

About GoodTemps

GoodTemps was built on the motto , "We work for you." With offices in Greater New York and Northern New Jersey, – Read more

GoodTemps Salaries

$13.39 per hour
Call Center Representative
$15.00 per hour

GoodTemps Photos

GoodTemps receiving an NDEAM (National Disability Employment Awareness Month) award.