Goodwill Industries of Arkansas Employee Reviews in United States

Goodwill Industries of Arkansas, Inc.
Job Developer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 31, 2016
Supervisor empowered me to complete tasks assigned with little oversight. Co-workers work together to accomplish organization's mission.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
Not enough time to help everyone.
Productive fun in the work place got to get to know a lot of new people.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 3, 2015
The job is great. The workers really helped me a lot to learn quickly how to do the functions of my job. At times the customers would be rude but the job and work place was a balance for the odd encounters.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Some rude customers
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Paragould, ARJuly 19, 2015
Our mission is worth working for.
Friendly staff, great leadership in Home Office.
I look forward to going to work everyday, meeting new people and new clients.
Pros
schedule
Cons
none so far
Very Family Oriented
Career Training Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 8, 2015
Goodwill is what the name says... Providing love and support to others. I have been blessed to work here and the employees become part of your family. The culture is not like any other place I've worked. Love coming in the Goodwill!!
Worthwhile organization with a vital mission
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cabot, ARJuly 1, 2015
Typical retail environment. High stress, Working conditions subject to seasonal fluctuations in weather. Challenging paradigm balancing mission, team members and directives from corporate.
laid back but busy work place
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 7, 2015
Most days we joke around while getting the job done. I learned to be proficient with a palletjack. The amount of donations that have to be unloaded and sorted was the hardest part of the job.
Love helping others.
Job Coach - Work Activity Program (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 29, 2014
A typical work day is supervising, training, teaching 12 participants with Intellectual Disabilities. Transport when needed. Prepare snacks and lunch for Job Training and Work Activity. Do all daily and monthly documentation for USDA, set all transportation and help get bus passes through Medicaid and paycom. Take all participants for annual physical and conduct staffing. I work with the public in finding jobs and any other service that they need, if I can't help I give them resources that will. I get alone with all my co-workers and are there when they need me. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help. The joy of my job is being able to help one person.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
healthcare is expensive
Goodwill truley cares about the communities they are in.
TEO Coordinator/Career Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 5, 2013
I get to help people build their lives, families, and communities by assisting people with disabilities and other special needs reach their highest potential through training, education, and employment services everyday!
Pros
helping people
Cons
not enough time and not enough business partners
Awful place to work
Former cashier (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 9, 2013
horrible pay awful hours, the managers do nothing at all except sit on thier butts and eat all day and get paid way too much while the other employees suffer and many the little bit they make its basically like high school so much drama
Cons
everything about goodwill
Good Hours; Low Pay
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, AROctober 7, 2013
It is a great place to work, if you have a good manager and good staff. The pay is low starting off, but it's better than minimum wage.
Goodwill
Information Technology Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 5, 2013
Is a place to work
It has all the pros and cons of any job
Some of the people are nice
Some are not
They have decent benefits
benefits
Cons
hard to get time off