Goodwill Industries of North Georgia

Goodwill Industries of North Georgia Employee Reviews

Training Ground
Cashier/Floor Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Customer Interaction/Networking
Cons: No Set Schedule
Goodwill of North Georgia is an excellent hands on experience for those interested in retail, project management, customer service, training and leadership careers.
TERRIBLE PLACE
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roswell, GaMarch 19, 2015
Pros: 1 hr lunch, guaranteed hours
Cons: literally everything else.
Do not work here unless you absolutely have to. If you just need a job really quick, then by all means, apply. Place is god awful. Ran by mainly lazy management, that hires lazy workers. Job shouldn't even be called sales associate. You literally just pick up grown peoples slack all day long. Adult Babysitting basically. Only thing you might enjoy are your coworkers IF you get lucky.
A Company that puts People back to work.
Benefit Specialist III (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: learn difference in billing structure
Cons: need more help to help benefits dept to run smooth
Working in Human Resources and processing Benefits you will handle a various type of benefit issues from termed benefits to enrollment of benefits. Handled 403B accounts with new and termed deductions. Handle all loans associated with 403B and Hardship loans. Handle all Short term disability cases. Pay and budget all bills associated with benefits that are to be paid on a monthly basis. Reconcile all bills with non Goodwill Employees.
Very high paced work environment Production oriented
Store Associate (Current Employee), Cartersville, GANovember 21, 2014
Multiple tasks completed with attention to detail and knowledge of customer shopping patterns and daily business analysis to achieve budget targets. Inconsistencies in communication between managers, lack of being "on the same page".
Fast Pasted and busy.
Production Trainee (Former Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 5, 2014
Arrived there,Started at 9 am and was give different tasks to complete.From 11 am to 12 noon was lunch...There was nothing hard about the job really but I not the type who like to be in one spot all day. I learned how to stay on a schedule. Greeting customers as the enter the store. Got off work at 3 pm
Consistent and fun.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), LawrencevilleOctober 1, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch and a great consumer base.
Cons: incompetent coworkers and feces on the floor from our customers.
My time there I enjoyed very much, however some of the less competent staff were a bit of a hassle to deal with. The customers that we had come through our doors everyday though made the whole difference and was a huge positive aspect of the job.

Advancement possibilities are low. Work is consistent though. Good for people starting their first job and for older people.
Fair working conditions with little chance for advancement. Salary is minimum wage for associates and only offer discount health insurance.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Athens, GASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: it is a job.
Job is very physically demanding and working conditions run from poor-fair. Although Goodwill is a not-for-profit organization, the most important aspect of the job is the bottom line which is more important than the employees. Employees are treated fairly poorly. Health benefits offered include a discount insurance rather than full medical. Managers receive bonuses while associates receive nothing. Little to no advancement is offered. Schedules change from week to week and shifts differ from one day to the next. This is just a job and not a career. The most enjoyable part of the job include the customers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is walking, bending, and hanging on a concrete floor for eight hours per day.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: extensive training
Cons: lots of 6 day work weeks and long hours.
Fast paced work environment. Must provide exceptional customer service at all times.
Serving men and women helping them job read
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMay 12, 2014
Pros: training classes with customers and interaction
Cons: seeing a customer relapse
Reviewing a customers profile and developing a performance plan targeted for the individual. face to face with customer and learning his/her goals and dreams. what I learned most that everyone wants to be need and treated with respect dignity. I felt the management staff needed improvement specifically in training and development. Excellent co-workers that would go the extra mile to help customers.

Hardest part of the job was seeing a customer relapse and fall back to his/her addiction. What I liked most was the growth period or transition. Actually witnessing the journey and know a customer is job ready .
I was one of the most productive workers at my job.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2014
My typical day at work would start at 8 A.M. and over at 5 P.M. I used to get one hour lunch break besides two short breaks of 15
minutes each.My job was to collect donations from public and issue
them receipts. It was like a public relation oriented job and I liked my
job because I had experience in the same field in the past.
I did so well that my picture appeared on the cover page of our
monthly "News Letter" along with my interview.
My supervisor was good. But I also did not give him a chance of
complaint Some of the co-workers were very helping while some of
them were not so.
Hardest part of the job was weekends,when we were flooded with
donations while other days of the week were most enjoyable when
the workload was not very heavy.
Fast pace, flexable schedules, customer service, heavy lifting, forklift driving
Production Associate (Current Employee), Griffin, GAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, having an hour lunch, getting 25% discount at other stores
Cons: the random work hours, the pay for the work you do, mangement communcation, cant shop at the store you work at
A typical day at work I price donated items as in electronics and furniture. This also includes lifting heavy objects such as big televisions and sofas, At goodwill I have learned a lot about retail and sales also ive learned how to operate a forklift and load trailers. The management at Goodwill isn't that great the manager and assistant managers don't communicate well with each other so they have employees running in circles. The hardest part of my job is the random schedule they have us working you never know what your off days are going to be. The best part of my job is the customers I meet new people everyday. I love interacting with people that have questions about objects I price or put together. The other enjoyable part is driving the forklift ive been driving for almost a year and I have got it down pat.
Don't apply or work for this company.
IT (Former Employee), AtlantaNovember 9, 2013
Pros: not many
Cons: long list
I worked in the IT department for years. The management takes advantage you, pay is minimal, and treat you like a piece of s***. The other reviews are right the HR department is horrible. Stay away!
A day at Goodwill
Store Associate (Former Employee), 375 mcfarland pkwyAugust 19, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of greeting customers, working as a cashier, as well as hanging and colorizing racks. Some days would consist of merchandizing products and getting them ready for the floor. From this experience I learned how to have great customer service.
Not a good place to work at all
Store associate (Former Employee), Marietta georgiaAugust 5, 2013
Pros: 1hr lunches
Cons: long list
This store isn't a good place to work. They are not flexible. No good HR. They pay is minimum wage but you get overworked for nothing. Their slogan is"putting people to work" and that is exactly what they do and take advantage of. There is no direction either. The best thing about the store is, the co workers and employees
Not a good place to work
Production associate (Former Employee), mcdonoughJuly 21, 2013
Cons: work 9 hours
It sucks working at Goodwill you make minimum wage with a raise after a year of employment up to a quarter not guaranteed to recieve a raise it is based on management. They eliminated positions so it is very hard to move up. They do not work with school schedules so if you are in school do not apply. They have no benefits the health dental and vision are all separate health benefits start at 25-75/ per week out of your check then dental is like 20/month and vision like 20/month. You barely bring home 500 and that is without any benefits.
Horrible Management in HR
Manager (Former Employee), AtlantaApril 30, 2013
Cons: low pay, low moral, no career advancement.
Senior HR management have their heads in the sand. They are all have little or no formal HR experience.
my review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Duluth, GAApril 5, 2013
enjoying the customers as i served them with great customer service
No way.
Cashier (Former Employee), North GAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: hour lunch breaks, co workers, job security....
Cons: too many to list...
I used to work for this company for about 4 years as a cashier and I wouldn't do it again. Low work place moral, dishonest management, they work you like a dog for min wage. Stressful workplace and the managers would steal but yet would sit in the office all day to watch the cameras. It wasn't bad when I first started but it went downhill in a year. Priorities all wrong and it was tiring. Finally, we started losing managers cause of their dishonesty. Managers would fall soooo behind on yearly reviews, that the employees had to go to HR and complain. Managers also played favorites and disciplined unfairly. Several sexual harassment complaints....yeah I wouldn't come back or recommend this place.
VERY GOOD WORK PLACE
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2012
Pros: good environment
Cons: not enough hours
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST JOB THAT ANYONE COULD ASK FOR THEY ARE UNDERSTANDING AND THEY WILL WORK WITH YOU AND GIVE YOU A SECOND CHANCE
One of the worse employers
Production (Former Employee), Douglasville gaSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: no pros
Cons: every thing
Don't waste your time here horrible management and worse core values. Minimum wage no advancement.

Goodwill Industries of North Georgia Salaries