Goodwill Industries of North Georgia Employee Reviews

Don't work for this company!!!
sales associate (Current Employee) –  East athens ga.November 7, 2015
If you want to work and do the job of 5 people then this is the place for you. It would take over 5 years to make 10.00 an hour. Company overs bare minimum insurance. Management does not care about their employees. We are treated like slaves. If you can't have fun while working then you're miserable being there. No matter how hard you work or how good you do its never enough! I would advise anybody NOT to work for Goodwill.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Sorry insurance.. Sorry pay. Just horrible company to work for.
productive and fun work place
Donor Door Distributor (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 10, 2015
Great work place with a great support team. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my colleagues and learning from them. I also liked dealing with the customers.
Very horrible work place
Donor services (Former Employee) –  MariettaAugust 19, 2015
Horrible job i advise this job to be your last option no teamwork 8 dollars an hour no but the work you do in there you should be getting at least 10 an hour management very lazy its really not worth it its wear and tear on your body for 8 dollars they change your schedule with out letting you know never will have a weekend off..
Pros
1 hour lunch
Worst place to work
Sales floor (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, gaAugust 12, 2015
This place is run by @holes all managers are terrible and heartless and stress you to the Max and work you to death for 8 dollars an hour they change your schedule without telling you then punish you for it this place has given me a peptic ulcer due to the stress don't work for these pack of liars
Cons
A great place to start a career
Regional Operations Director-Southwest GA (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GaJuly 21, 2015
This is a great place to start and build a career for the future. They allow you grow from within and have a family presence.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Not enough growth
the big shots care nothing about the employees
Wares runner (Current Employee) –  East Athens , GaJuly 16, 2015
They treated me like I didn't matter , Hurt my back lifting ,management didn't even care. Never got the proper training , never had orientation asked for it and management never cared. The one in East Athens are very crooked. Lazy employees are praised and hard working employees are spat on. They treat the regular customers like a burden and tell other employees to ignore them.Worked my very first mothers day at the goodwill 10 am till 7.,Asked off and they rejected it yet young single childless coworker got the whole day off
Pros
hour lunch, paid vacation, pto
Cons
heartless, poor management, no set schedule, cuts corners
Director of Facility Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GeorgiaJune 15, 2015
Human Resources skills, employee relations, working with individuals with disabilities,contract management, staffing and compensation. Facility Services management
Pros
Working with individuals with a disability
Cons
Cultural environment
Training Ground
Cashier/Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2015
Goodwill of North Georgia is an excellent hands on experience for those interested in retail, project management, customer service, training and leadership careers.
Pros
Customer Interaction/Networking
Cons
No Set Schedule
TERRIBLE PLACE
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GaMarch 19, 2015
Do not work here unless you absolutely have to. If you just need a job really quick, then by all means, apply. Place is god awful. Ran by mainly lazy management, that hires lazy workers. Job shouldn't even be called sales associate. You literally just pick up grown peoples slack all day long. Adult Babysitting basically. Only thing you might enjoy are your coworkers IF you get lucky.
Pros
1 hr lunch, guaranteed hours
Cons
literally everything else.
A Company that puts People back to work.
Benefit Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJanuary 31, 2015
Working in Human Resources and processing Benefits you will handle a various type of benefit issues from termed benefits to enrollment of benefits. Handled 403B accounts with new and termed deductions. Handle all loans associated with 403B and Hardship loans. Handle all Short term disability cases. Pay and budget all bills associated with benefits that are to be paid on a monthly basis. Reconcile all bills with non Goodwill Employees.
Pros
learn difference in billing structure
Cons
need more help to help benefits dept to run smooth
Very high paced work environment Production oriented
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GANovember 21, 2014
Multiple tasks completed with attention to detail and knowledge of customer shopping patterns and daily business analysis to achieve budget targets. Inconsistencies in communication between managers, lack of being "on the same page".
Fast Pasted and busy.
Production Trainee (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 5, 2014
Arrived there,Started at 9 am and was give different tasks to complete.From 11 am to 12 noon was lunch...There was nothing hard about the job really but I not the type who like to be in one spot all day. I learned how to stay on a schedule. Greeting customers as the enter the store. Got off work at 3 pm
Consistent and fun.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LawrencevilleOctober 1, 2014
My time there I enjoyed very much, however some of the less competent staff were a bit of a hassle to deal with. The customers that we had come through our doors everyday though made the whole difference and was a huge positive aspect of the job.

Advancement possibilities are low. Work is consistent though. Good for people starting their first job and for older people.
Pros
1 hour lunch and a great consumer base.
Cons
incompetent coworkers and feces on the floor from our customers.
Fair working conditions with little chance for advancement. Salary is minimum wage for associates and only offer discount health insurance.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 27, 2014
Job is very physically demanding and working conditions run from poor-fair. Although Goodwill is a not-for-profit organization, the most important aspect of the job is the bottom line which is more important than the employees. Employees are treated fairly poorly. Health benefits offered include a discount insurance rather than full medical. Managers receive bonuses while associates receive nothing. Little to no advancement is offered. Schedules change from week to week and shifts differ from one day to the next. This is just a job and not a career. The most enjoyable part of the job include the customers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is walking, bending, and hanging on a concrete floor for eight hours per day.
Pros
it is a job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAAugust 13, 2014
Fast paced work environment. Must provide exceptional customer service at all times.
Pros
extensive training
Cons
lots of 6 day work weeks and long hours.
Serving men and women helping them job read
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 12, 2014
Reviewing a customers profile and developing a performance plan targeted for the individual. face to face with customer and learning his/her goals and dreams. what I learned most that everyone wants to be need and treated with respect dignity. I felt the management staff needed improvement specifically in training and development. Excellent co-workers that would go the extra mile to help customers.

Hardest part of the job was seeing a customer relapse and fall back to his/her addiction. What I liked most was the growth period or transition. Actually witnessing the journey and know a customer is job ready .
Pros
training classes with customers and interaction
Cons
seeing a customer relapse
I was one of the most productive workers at my job.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2014
My typical day at work would start at 8 A.M. and over at 5 P.M. I used to get one hour lunch break besides two short breaks of 15
minutes each.My job was to collect donations from public and issue
them receipts. It was like a public relation oriented job and I liked my
job because I had experience in the same field in the past.
I did so well that my picture appeared on the cover page of our
monthly "News Letter" along with my interview.
My supervisor was good. But I also did not give him a chance of
complaint Some of the co-workers were very helping while some of
them were not so.
Hardest part of the job was weekends,when we were flooded with
donations while other days of the week were most enjoyable when
the workload was not very heavy.
Fast pace, flexable schedules, customer service, heavy lifting, forklift driving
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAJanuary 23, 2014
A typical day at work I price donated items as in electronics and furniture. This also includes lifting heavy objects such as big televisions and sofas, At goodwill I have learned a lot about retail and sales also ive learned how to operate a forklift and load trailers. The management at Goodwill isn't that great the manager and assistant managers don't communicate well with each other so they have employees running in circles. The hardest part of my job is the random schedule they have us working you never know what your off days are going to be. The best part of my job is the customers I meet new people everyday. I love interacting with people that have questions about objects I price or put together. The other enjoyable part is driving the forklift ive been driving for almost a year and I have got it down pat.
Pros
meeting new people, having an hour lunch, getting 25% discount at other stores
Cons
the random work hours, the pay for the work you do, mangement communcation, cant shop at the store you work at
Don't apply or work for this company.
IT (Former Employee) –  AtlantaNovember 9, 2013
I worked in the IT department for years. The management takes advantage you, pay is minimal, and treat you like a piece of s***. The other reviews are right the HR department is horrible. Stay away!
Pros
not many
Cons
long list
A day at Goodwill
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  375 mcfarland pkwyAugust 19, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of greeting customers, working as a cashier, as well as hanging and colorizing racks. Some days would consist of merchandizing products and getting them ready for the floor. From this experience I learned how to have great customer service.

2.6