Goodwill Industries of Northern New England

Goodwill Industries of Northern New England Employee Reviews

Great work/life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee), Gorham, MEJune 26, 2015
Pros: working with great people
Cons: top management
I dedicated 10 years of myself with the company. In that time period I had the opportunity to learn and grow throughout different areas of the organization. I worked alongside many different departments and made some life long friendships. Knowing the number of people the work we did served made getting up and going to work everyday very prideful. I was proud of what I did but more proud of who benefited from that.
Good pay to get ahead in life, bad and careless management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brewer, MEMay 22, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Way too short breaks, ignoring any customer service, proud disrespect and exploitation of their associates, lack of personal and professional growth.
I worked at Goodwill Industries of NNE for five years and only felt disrespected in the last two years of my career. No room to grow; If you want to challenge and/or better your life and gain life skills by working here and at another job, run. Run for cover as fast as you can. Way too much tasks are placed on associates and little is ever shown from higher management that they appreciate it. In fact, the appreciation that is shown is to add more tasks to your already impossible production demands. I have never seen a retail store openly ignore their customers because they place so much of their production demands on associates, yet on their employment requirements they emphasize that customer focus is a must. If you rely on customer interactions to be a part of your career, keep looking. That will never happen here, and any and all in-store and executive managers really don't care to change that. And I have never seen so much butt-kissing in one place to make sure you get just a tiny bit of something. Only if your kissing butt so much will you ever gain anything that even relates to a managerial role within the company. My lips will never ever be hurting again, and I LOVE setting this bridge ablaze.
Strong team player
Truck driver (Former Employee), Goodwill in Concord NH On Louden roadMay 20, 2015
Pros: There BBQs
I come into work every day.
Every day is different
Management ... I say good morning to them, And start my work.
I am a strong team player.
There isn't anything hard about my job..
Being there at work every day :)
Busy for all - great place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee), Gorham, MEMarch 24, 2015
Working as a Project Manager for Goodwillnne I was able to learn great skills. Communication, organization, motivating others, motivating myself, and most important - people skills!
Supportive corporate culture focused on people
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Portland, MEJanuary 11, 2015
Goodwill Industries of Northern New England is a people-oriented non-profit that cares about it's employees.
High accountability in all aspects of any job.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Lewiston, MEMay 7, 2014
Pros: incredibly fast paced work where time flies by very quickly.
Cons: not enough time in the shift to accomplish all i would like to get done.
While I am a relatively new supervisor, I am expected to know all aspects of my job. When I make a mistake, it is because I did not know. While it is an effective way to learn, I feel it is unfair. Proper training in my position would have been helpful but the nature of the job does not allow time for this.
Productive work place
Sales Associate II (Former Employee), Scarborough, MEDecember 29, 2013
 Operated the cash register, priced merchandise, stocked shelves and took inventory of supplies
 Handled all customer relations issues in a gracious manner and in accordance to company policies
 Used time efficiently when not serving customers, including folding clothes, cleaning out and managing fitting rooms
Supportive
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Portland, MESeptember 21, 2013
It is a great environment to work in everyone's open to discussion and everyone's ideas are welcome. Communicating is quick with managers they always respond.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Belfast, MEAugust 30, 2013
Pros: fun, friends, having fun
Cons: manager
It was never a dull moment at the goodwill. You always had a fun time there. I exceeded goals on pro soft, hanging clothes and pricing them for the floor. You made alot of friends there just want to find a job to pursue what i went to college for.
Inspiring
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Augusta, MEMay 2, 2013
I have worked for Goodwill over 7 years. My mother has worked for Goodwill 18 years. I love my job! I go to work every day, loving the fact that I can make a difference in someone's life. Most of the management, and employees that work for Goodwill are there not for money, or to be looked up to, but because they truly want to make a difference.
DSP (Former Employee), Augusta, MEJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: assisting others in need
Cons: no benefits for part-time employees
I enjoyed working with Goodwill because it was very rewarding having the opportunity to help others in need. Most of my co-workers were great team players. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to take the consumers on outings. The hardest part of my job was having to leave due to needing surgery and personal family obligations.
Non-profit agency with a huge heart and commitment to community.
Safety Coordinator - Field (ME, NH and VT) (Former Employee), Portland, MEMarch 31, 2012
Best Agency to work for if you believe in the Mission to help others, better lives and experience a fulfilling day of work.

About Goodwill Industries of Northern New England

Goodwill Industries of Northern New England enables persons with diverse challenges to achieve personal stability and personal – Read more

Goodwill Industries of Northern New England Salaries