Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin & Metropolitan Chicago

Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin & Metropolitan Chicago Employee Reviews

It was a great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Milwaukee, WIFebruary 19, 2018
Goodwill was actually a great place to work, only problem is they don’t care about your personal life you can never miss work or be late the points adds up quick but overall the employees, Mangenment, and customers all made it a comfortable work place do recommend!
Pros
Mangers
Cons
Attendance points
Good job could be good money if you get the hour,s alternate weekend,s.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILJanuary 20, 2018
As a shuttle driver very stressful.Not enough hours.Management,be very careful.On some schedule,s u work every Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday,s split shifts😌😞😢
Pros
21.43 some of your coworks great!!!!! some want to be the Boss!!
Cons
Working every weekend
A Great PlaceTo Work!!!
CDL Class A Driver/warehouse/postal driver (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILJanuary 4, 2018
Goodwill is a great place to work. They are very fair in there pay and benefits with great care in job placement!!Most of the managers are thoughtful and caring and do work towards helping there employees when called upon. Hours are really good and they work with your schedules.
Pros
Good pay! friendly people to work with.
Cons
Advancement is hard unless you have collage degree.
Productive and not so fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILNovember 17, 2017
Not so friendly environment stressful place to be will not recommend any one people who shop complains about the store and it’s policy ,the same people who donate are the same people who come back to shop so. Will get a lot of reports of how. High the price go its suppose to be a nonprofit organization but it does look so
Pros
Discount
Cons
Less hours
Wosrt job i have ever had
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILNovember 8, 2017
I was over worked beyond belief. Always stayed late or did double to cover for other donation attendants who didn't show up. Was being called in almost all my days off and I was the only donation attendant available for mornings and days because the others either left or are in school and can only work after school. We ran the best store in the area. There were so many donations coming in that I couldn't keep track of it all by myself
Pros
N/a
Cons
Work not worth the pay. Managers font communicate with each other or the other associates.
My Personal Review
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 1, 2017
My experience of Goodwill has been great. Many people have influenced some of the decisions I have mad but also the customers. My typical work day consisted of starting off as a cashier but somedays ending up at the back pricing or helping with donations. I enjoy my experience at Goodwill and hopefully, I will be there long.
Great job fast paced challenging.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILAugust 10, 2017
It is a great job to work for their franchise is challenging everyday . Get a chance time interact with other people who are willing to help you with working task and you help others who are new to the company. Assisted Others in training with sanitation that is required for a job like this so that there are no sickness.
Pros
Great job working with others
Cons
Face challenges fast paced
Low Pay
Donation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WIJuly 17, 2017
Goodwill prides itself on training and development but often overlooks the fact that you still need to compensate someone fairly for the work they do. Similar positions in other retail jobs pay relatively the same for less hassle and stress. More importantly, many jobs pay more for similar work.
Great Company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJune 27, 2017
This company has given me many great opportunities. The typical work week I've looked at since working here has been about 19-30 hours and it keeps me busy all day. The hardest part of my job is using my best judgment to price items accurately when they don't have the proper pricing tags on them. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers find items that they may need to furnish their homes or clothe themselves at an affordable price, and knowing that the money goes towards helping make careers for those who have disabilities, which is a part of Goodwill's mission.
Productive work days
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 20, 2017
A typical day's work at Goodwill Industries was filled with physical labor, but the overall work was satisfying. I learned better organizational skills, safety protocols, and janitorial work. The management was fine, but it definitely needed some work as some managers made things too personal, but overall, they would get the job done. The workplace culture was quite friendly and I made many acquaintances. The hardest part of the job was that sometimes, the work was unstructured, unbalanced, and there wasn't much training for even the newest of employees. However, the most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of helping a customer when they had a problem and helping the company succeed.
Pros
Easy to take time off in advance, coworkers were friendly, work was easy to figure out
Cons
Managers can make things too personal, won't be given the help when necessary, PTO and Bereavement only available to Full Time Employees
Fast paced & and demanding work environment. Being part of a team all the time & growing together.
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIMay 26, 2017
It is definitely a good place to work if you're looking to build character & sharpen your customer service skills. Given proper technique on lifting & backroom safety.
Pros
2 - 15 minute breaks & 1 - 30 minute lunch
Cons
Downtime management
team member
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 18, 2017
I enjoyed the job and learning new things and how to do them the right way.
Meeting the customers and stocking the shelves ,pricing merchandise, inner acting with customers.
Pros
love meet new people
Cons
having to leave the job
Managers Don't Care
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILMarch 15, 2017
So much miscommunication amongst every manager there. Never knew my exact duties. Loved working there, but not with the most recent management team. They do not care about you or your life outside of work.. do not even try to take days off.. even for emergencies.
Pros
Easy job concept
Cons
Miscommunication, pay rate/raises, late hours
Busy but Fun
Retail Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILNovember 15, 2016
I enjoyed working at Goodwill. They care about their employees and you feel good because profits go to helping people. If given the chance I would go back and work there again.
Official response from Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin & Metropolitan Chicago

Terrible place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WINovember 8, 2016
It's not a place for teens to work. They are too strict, they don't want us to have fun, and they treat the older people better than the teens. The managers are rude too.
December 2, 2016

We appreciate you expressing your concerns with us. We would be happy to connect you with our Human Resources department, so that they can help address your concerns with you. Please feel free to email us at www.GoodwillSEWIndeedReviews@goodwillsew.com so that we can make that connection for you.

Very productive and fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, ILNovember 3, 2016
It definitely keeps you on your toes. Its a very fun place to work. Very social workplace. The pay and the amount of hours was nice
Pros
The amount of breaks
Cons
Didn't really let you work overtime
November 9, 2016

Thank you for your comment. We’re so happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us.

Line Crew
Part of a line crew team, packaging (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIOctober 26, 2016
Working in a fast pace warehouse to get production done according to quota. I learned that everyone is not a team player and that's the only way the desired work needed to be done will get done.
December 2, 2016

We appreciate you expressing your concerns with us. We would be happy to connect you with our Human Resources department, so that they can help address your concerns with you. Please feel free to email us at www.GoodwillSEWIndeedRev@goodwillsew.com so that we can make that connection for you.

Good job to work for
Custodial Trainee (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 13, 2016
I loved working with the Goodwill but I would of liked if I could of got hired on as custodial worker but they were not hiring but offer me something in laundry
Pros
help with job leads
Cons
no free lunches

Thank you so much! We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

Fast paced job with great employees
Donations Attendant (Current Employee) –  Delavan, WIOctober 4, 2016
As a DA, a typical day consists of greeting customers, accepting their donations and sorting them. We also assist the pricers to make sure they don't fall behind as well as keep their areas clean. The crew is very well rounded and we help each other out constantly. Management also comes around every once and awhile to make sure we have everything under control. I wouldn't say that there is a hard part of the job, sometimes you get a huge van of donations but as a team it is taken care of with ease. The most enjoyable part of being a DA is seeing our crew run like clockwork to get our tasks done as quickly as possible.
Pros
Multiple paid breaks, half hour lunch, great environment

Thank you so much! We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

Decent place to work while having a disability
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILOctober 4, 2016
A decent place to work while I had a disability from a car accident. Management and co-workers were great to work with. I enjoyed working with others that had a permanent disability.
December 2, 2016

Thank you so much! We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and felt comfortable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin & Metropolitan Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.